April 4th, FEH Channel Announced! (8:30 PT ~)

Coolmanio

Honestly I think the best solution at this point would be to run weekly or monthly 4-star focus banners like they used to whatever happened to those anyway

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

They should have cut more units out completely alongside the Gen 1 units if anything. Would still rather most of the removed units than to be broken by a Sumia or Quan.

All book 3 banners will now only feature book 3 units. 0% 3* units, few 4* units, and a bunch of 5* units. Banners like that would be kind of crazy. You'd get recent units only, but they might become very, very common. Reyson becoming the new Bartre would be kind of hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

And I didn't want them 3-4* either. I'm glad they were outright removed. Maybe this means more fun small banners and then I can focus on my +10 projects when they appear on skill banner like I've been doing.

Seriously? When some people might want to +10 one of those units or want skills from some of them? No. Just no.

Also, yeah, bring back 4 star focus banners! Those were great.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I guess all it really means is for people like me who don't have the older units it just means "don't summon".

No, it means save for their focus Banners~

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Holy wow, were people this mad about not being able to nab Gen 1 pity breakers when Legendary Banners were announced? I feel like a lot of the outrage is straight up misunderstanding of the change and how summoning works.

If anything this will prompt IS to put these old units on miscellaneous banners making them way more attainable than they are at the moment. 

I'm not angry at the part of them improving the pity breaker pool for new banners. What I'm mad about is that those Gen 1 units that have no SI at all aren't going to be getting a focus banner anytime soon making them virtually impossible to get. 

Honestly, I'd be pretty happy if IS just made a permanent banner with all the old units and to help a bit have it with a rotating focus of 3~4 units from that pool. Have that banner update every 4 months or so. It shouldn't cost a lot to keep that banner up and it would be the solution for the people that want to work on a +10 project for old units while those that only summon on the new banners won't have to fear for bad pity breakers.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

It means don't summon.  Especially since some people do not have the luck on a focus banner to even get the dream.  I never once pulled OG Lucina from her focus banners let alone at all.  So it tells me to not summon at all.

Oh yes, save for their focus banners where you might not even get them anyway. Which is basically me with original Ike, to name just one, and only ever getting a single one that was -atk. Still pulled on some other focus banners where he was available and he never showed up again for me. Oh yeah, the Elincia I wanted for so long showed up as -atk, too, and she's the only copy. It's not a satisfying answer because no matter how many orbs you have you are never guaranteed to get anything.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I'm not angry at the part of them improving the pity breaker pool for new banners. What I'm mad about is that those Gen 1 units that have no SI at all aren't going to be getting a focus banner anytime soon making them virtually impossible to get. 

Honestly, I'd be pretty happy if IS just made a permanent banner with all the old units and to help a bit have it with a rotating focus of 3~4 units from that pool. Have that banner update every 4 months or so. It shouldn't cost a lot to keep that banner up and it would be the solution for the people that want to work on a +10 project for old units while those that only summon on the new banners won't have to fear for bad pity breakers.

This is exactly my core "issue" with this

If they make this change and they consistently pops out banners for those people who want say Ephraim or Karel(both fantastic unit even now) who unlike Hinoka(duh) have nothing valuable to their name, it won't be a problem.

But as it is they dont have any follow up move, and logically speaking they WONT do that. Putting up banner image probably took resource, small or not, and people have lukewarm reaction to such banners anyway - who the fuck would summon for those stuff "nobody ever wanted" to begin with?

8 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Why not?

Because if they were 3*-4* the chances of getting them are even less, do you know how BIG the pool is? Bloating up the 3-4* pool wasn't the right idea either. I think special foci with these removed 5* units is a much better solution.

And also, it's just not smart business. They'll make more money this way, it's so much smarter. I appreciate good, thrifty business choices. How do you still get money on the people who want +10 projects? Remove them into limited banners for a while. I'm sure at some point they'll do a better player solution. But this was a good business one and it still helps us with awful pity breakers.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously? When some people might want to +10 one of those units or want skills from some of them? No. Just no.

I want to +10 some first gen units too. But I'd rather not get shitty pity breakers in red anymore. So I'll take it. And it's not like I was getting ANY close to my +10 Lucina with the current red pool. It will probably be 10x easy to get her now and they might even focus on gen 1 banner now. And the skills 1st gen gives aren't the best. If I'm using SI it's only foddering off new heroes, tbh. 

Edited by Kiran_

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

It means don't summon.  Especially since some people do not have the luck on a focus banner to even get the dream.  I never once pulled OG Lucina from her focus banners let alone at all.  So it tells me to not summon at all.

so you were hoping in a one in 20 chance on top of the special/new unit? 
I never got Micaiah on any of her banners, but it doesn't mean i wouldn't summon on her banner to try. 

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

If you don't Summon at all, you are confining yourself to never get her of your own volition, rather than saving for when she does appear and having a chance to get her.

I don't have OG!Elise and I still want her so I'm going to save until she appears, not just say "whelp, never Summoning again"

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh yes, save for their focus banners where you might not even get them anyway. Which is basically me with original Ike, to name just one, and only ever getting a single one that was -atk. Still pulled on some other focus banners where he was available and he never showed up again for me. Oh yeah, the Elincia I wanted for so long showed up as -atk, too, and she's the only copy. It's not a satisfying answer because no matter how many orbs you have you are never guaranteed to get anything.

Better chance than just "don't Summon" at all, which nets you a guarenteed nothing.

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Here's food for thought FEH Channel got 1k dislikes.  Now if that doesn't send a message I don't know what will...

It barely sends a message. I feel bad for them to receive the dislikes, but it doesn’t seem like they respond to the dislikes. The company responds to money. 

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Holy wow, were people this mad about not being able to nab Gen 1 pity breakers when Legendary Banners were announced? I feel like a lot of the outrage is straight up misunderstanding of the change and how summoning works.

If anything this will prompt IS to put these old units on miscellaneous banners making them way more attainable than they are at the moment. 

I'm not gonna spend several orbs hoping to pull OG Lyn if she ever gets a focus banner. At this point, stats wise and skill wise, she's an utter joke. Better to save up for when Legendary Marth/Roy come back or wait for a Karla banner if I want a sword infantry. Or heck, just use the now 3-4* Soleil who has much better stats than her. Same with OG Azura when L!Azura and Reyson exists. 

Not to mention that bad Gen 1 pity breakers are a minor part of why summoning is so stale nowadays. If they were gonna make summoning pool change, please kick out Raigh and co. from the summoning pool and replace them with Lyn, Mist and Luke. At least we'd see new faces when summoning instead of the same units I've gotten 50 copies of since the game launched. 

Not to mention that while a lot of the gen 1 units had terrible fodder, some of the units that got booted were the lone source of some premium skills. Sure, pity breakers are not reliable, but I was never mad when Hector, B!Ike, Hinoka or Takumi pity broke me since they were the lone source of premium fodder. And now they're gone from the banners where I tend to use most of my orbs. 

3 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Honestly I think the best solution at this point would be to run weekly or monthly 4-star focus banners like they used to whatever happened to those anyway

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Almost certainly profit. Why summon when there's a realistic chance that they might just randomly show up on a banner while chasing more exclusive and powerful units?

That said, I would love them back too.

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Now that I've gotten some venting out, what this does do is force people to prioritize more. Taking me as an example, it means I have to decide whether I actually want a Gray enough to bother contributing orbs to one of the banners he'll exist on rather than hoping he might one day show up randomly. Or whether I actually want to +10 Lucina instead of being okay with her continuing to randomly show up.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

so you were hoping in a one in 20 chance on top of the special/new unit? 
I never got Micaiah on any of her banners, but it doesn't mean i wouldn't summon on her banner to try. 

Excuse my harshness here

I don't see the worth.  I DON'T summon on new banners for OG Lucina, I try for the units that are there and maybe hope for the pity break Lucina that may come along.  But making her HARDER to get solves nothing.

Okay, I just noticed something rewatching the video that is either a major goof-up, or the most bizarre decision ever.

In the 5* List of units getting removed from the regular summoning pool, Green Olwen is listed, but Blue Olwen is not.

7 minutes ago, Aera said:

It barely sends a message. I feel bad for them to receive the dislikes, but it doesn’t seem like they respond to the dislikes. The company responds to money. 

Dissatisfied customers don’t give money though so like yeah. A message is being sent.

Now if IS can read and that message is a different issue.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Better chance than just "don't Summon" at all, which nets you a guarenteed nothing.

Honestly, I'd rather take the guaranteed nothing than waste all my orbs AND get nothing. Especially when something I want more might be coming up unexpected. Just wasted my last 15 orbs trying to get ANY 5-star on the legendary banner and got nothing, not even a 3-4 star unit I wanted/needed, and I wish I hadn't summoned at all. Just letting the pity rate go to waste would've been better.

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Now that I've gotten some venting out, what this does do is force people to prioritize more. Taking me as an example, it means I have to decide whether I actually want a Gray enough to bother contributing orbs to one of the banners he'll exist on rather than hoping he might one day show up randomly. Or whether I actually want to +10 Lucina instead of being okay with her continuing to randomly show up.

that's exactly what it does

now for me, it's kinda weird, because i don't summon on new banners that often. i usually save and wait for a focus banner of someone i want. I've sent a lot of feed back for more gen 1 bonus units banners - so who knows. if I knew Elincia/Hinoka/Nephenee had a banner ever few months -you bet your bottom dollar i'd be skipping some banners to ensure i got those merges 

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The only precedent for demotions at all is they did it once, one year ago.  Considering we haven't had all that many 4-5* even added since then, a understandable expectation was that some 5* exclusives would get demoted.

Wasn't just 4-5 stars last year?  They just did the same thing this year.  They haven't demoted a five star exclusive I don't think.  

Also we don't know how these pre book 2 five stars are going to be treated, they may have constant banners featuring them so you can pull for any one you want.  Pretty much all the worthless pity breakers are from this group of units.  Yes there are some really good ones too, but someone on reddit posted what the new pools would be and it looks a million times better.  No trash in the 5 star focus pool, when you pull seasonal or new banners in future this is what you can get... (credit to u/DudetoManz who posted this on reddit)

Red - 18 Units

• Red Swords: F!Celica, B!Celica, E!Chrom, Karla, Laegjarn, Laevatein, Leif, Lene, Flying Olivia, Owain, WoT!Reinhardt, Siegbert, Zelgius

• Red Dagger: Flora

• Red Mage: A!Camilla, Horse Eirika

• Red Beast: Tibarn, Keaton

Blue - 14 Units

• Blue Lance: Hardin, B!Hector, Quan, Shiro, Sumia

• Blue Dagger: Ylgr

• Blue Mage: Ishtar, Kliff, Micaiah, Ophelia, F!Morgan

• Blue Dragon: A!Corrin

• Blue Beast: Naliah, Selkie

Green - 13 Units

• Green Axe: B!Ephraim, Helbendi, Surtr

• Green Mage: Lewyn, Flying Nino, WOT!Olwen, Rhajat

• Green Dragon: A!Corrin, Kana, Myrrh, F!Robin

• Green Beast: Reyson, Kaden

Colourless - 8 Units

• Colourless Bow: WoF!Hinoka, Nina

• Colourless Dagger: None?

• Colourless Staff: Loki, Maribelle, Mikoto, B!Veronica

• Colourless Beast: Leanne, Velouria

God so so much better.  Now getting an 'off focus' pity breaker is on average going to be much much better, should encourage more people to pull on new/special banners.  One of the reasons I try to stick to mostly legendary/mythic banners is cause the off focus pity breakers there was so much trash.  Now looking at this new pool, sure many of these units I don't necessarily want or need but at least none of them suck.   Every unit here is good to great, and most have something decent to fantastic to fodder.  

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Okay, I just noticed something rewatching the video that is either a major goof-up, or the most bizarre decision ever.

In the 5* List of units getting removed from the regular summoning pool, Green Olwen is listed, but Blue Olwen is not.

They fucked up. A notification posted in the bulletin board correctly lists blue Olwen.

Clearly they don't care enough about Olwen to get her versions straight.