April 4th, FEH Channel Announced! (8:30 PT ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

In the 5* List of units getting removed from the regular summoning pool, Green Olwen is listed, but Blue Olwen is not.

Oh, good I wasn't hallucinating then when I thought I saw green Olwen's name on that list. Good thing too, as I still don't have green Olwen myself.

Let's take a break from this summoning change quarrel for a moment.

...Now is it just me, or did it sound like Feh said "May 13th..." when she drifted off to sleep at the end? If that is what she said, what FE-ralated thing could be happening on that date?

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

Okay, I just noticed something rewatching the video that is either a major goof-up, or the most bizarre decision ever.

In the 5* List of units getting removed from the regular summoning pool, Green Olwen is listed, but Blue Olwen is not.

Compensation orbs! I do remember seeing her, but I was thinking she came out earlier than I remembered.

I think the biggest issue with the game currently is that yeah, they do address player concerns, but their methods for doing so are in ways that come across very poorly. GHB & TT availaibility: New currency that's incredibly scarce. Skill availability: Start giving said units rarer skills forcing players to choose between building a favorite and getting rarer skills. Summoning pool bloat: Excise a large chunk of fairly rare units more than a few of whom are still fairly good.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

that's exactly what it does

now for me, it's kinda weird, because i don't summon on new banners that often. i usually save and wait for a focus banner of someone i want. I've sent a lot of feed back for more gen 1 bonus units banners - so who knows. if I knew Elincia/Hinoka/Nephenee had a banner ever few months -you bet your bottom dollar i'd be skipping some banners to ensure i got those merges 

Same with me and the Hardin banner and Eldigan (oh how I chased him). I think the problem is that we're in the minority as far as F2P and minnow players go.

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

Okay, I just noticed something rewatching the video that is either a major goof-up, or the most bizarre decision ever.

Everyone knows 35 atk Olwen is the one worth keeping :P:

3 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Excuse my harshness here

I don't see the worth.  I DON'T summon on new banners for OG Lucina, I try for the units that are there and maybe hope for the pity break Lucina that may come along.  But making her HARDER to get solves nothing.

that logic makes no sense. 
we have one new banner a month, and usually one special foci banner every two? more or less (more in summer/winter, less in spring fall). and you don't know if there's going to be new banners, and you don't know if there's going to be Lucina banners.. so all you have to do is NOT summon in the new one and summon in the old one.or save for a Lucina focus banner. i don't get why you have to not summon but you do you. 

22 minutes ago, Kaden said:

But we also lost units like Alm, Amelia, Ayra, Azura, Celica, Deirdre, Dorcas, Eldigan, Elincia, Faye, Genny, Hector, Julia, Nephenee, Ninian, Sigurd, Takumi, and all the CYL1 heroes meaning Steady Breath is no longer in the regular summoning pool. In fact, none of the Breaths are anymore and neither are Close Counter, Firesweep Bow, and Shield Pulse for that matter as Takumi and Saber were the only regular units who had Close Counter and Shield Pulse, respectively, and Faye is the only unit with Firesweep Bow. Also, we lost two blue refresh units, regular Azura and Ninian, and our only dragon refresh unit, Ninian. And for what? So that Gray, Leo, Luke, Mist, don't show up? Another unit: Jaffar isn't that good to most people, but he'd be like getting Sothe for L&D3 because he has it as a 4* if Jaffar were summonable as a 4* unit.

This is beyond fucking retarded. At least keep the power characters like Celica and Hector as 5* units along with the gen 2, almost book 2 units, but demote all the other units. Nope, let's remove a massive group of units from future, new heroes and new seasonal banners because that's obviously the best solution. We need more units in the 3* to 4* pool than we need less units in the 5* pool for new heroes and new seasonal banners. If anything, we need more common access to some skills which removing summonable units is doing the opposite.

We did lose some great units and fodder but as my above post shows overall the pool is much stronger.  Also many are assuming these units will only appear on power, GHB and VG banners instead of having rotating banners of these gen1 units.  Let's not jump to conclusions, I'm sure there will be a reasonable way to get these units still.

I was hoping for a mass demote of these old characters making fodder like firesweep bow, DC, CC readily available but I guess that would be too generous.  It could have been handled better, but I see this as a major improvement still.

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Now that I've gotten some venting out, what this does do is force people to prioritize more. Taking me as an example, it means I have to decide whether I actually want a Gray enough to bother contributing orbs to one of the banners he'll exist on rather than hoping he might one day show up randomly. Or whether I actually want to +10 Lucina instead of being okay with her continuing to randomly show up.

Precisely, this just means that instead of pulling randomly saying "Oh maybe I'll get XXX", I will actually sit down, knowing this is the only way to get her, and be more focused about it.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Honestly, I'd rather take the guaranteed nothing than waste all my orbs AND get nothing. Especially when something I want more might be coming up unexpected. Just wasted my last 15 orbs trying to get ANY 5-star on the legendary banner and got nothing, not even a 3-4 star unit I wanted/needed, and I wish I hadn't summoned at all. Just letting the pity rate go to waste would've been better.

If that is your choice, then you are free to decide you want nothing. Because you're never guarenteed any unit, after these changes or before. Everything is the luck of the gatcha. 

I honestly think people don't realize the Gen 1 5*s still appear on more Banners than they don't. They literally removed them from the Banners people don't want to see them on most: New Heroes and New Seasonals. They're still on: Skill Banners, VG Banners, TT Banners, Seasonal Reruns, etc. You get more of these per month than we get New Heroes and New Seasonals.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I honestly think people don't realize the Gen 1 5*s still appear on more Banners than they don't. They literally removed them from the Banners people don't want to see them on most: New Heroes and New Seasonals. They're still on: Skill Banners, VG Banners, TT Banners, Seasonal Reruns, etc. You get more of these per month than we get New Heroes and New Seasonals.

Those banners also don't run nearly as long and unless one has a shitload of orbs built up (or insanely lucky) you're still getting less time to pull on them.

36 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Because if they were 3*-4* the chances of getting them are even less, do you know how BIG the pool is? Bloating up the 3-4* pool wasn't the right idea either. I think special foci with these removed 5* units is a much better solution.

And also, it's just not smart business. They'll make more money this way, it's so much smarter. I appreciate good, thrifty business choices. How do you still get money on the people who want +10 projects? Remove them into limited banners for a while. I'm sure at some point they'll do a better player solution. But this was a good business one and it still helps us with awful pity breakers.

Well that's a given that the 3*-4* is more saturated but the fact is you still have 58% to get a 4* and 36% chance to get a 3* from an orb you pick when summoning as opposed to the 3% chance of getting a 5*

Don't you have a greater probability of a 1 in 500 from a 58% chance a pop as opposed to 1 in 100 from a 3% chance a pop for example? Meaning that even if they end up going to the pool, your odds of getting that specific unit from the 4* pool is greater than the 5* pool.

4*: 58/100 * 1/500 = 58/50,000 = 0.00116%

5*: 3/100 * 1/100 = 3/10,000 = 0.0003%

In essence, with these parameters you are more than 3 times more likely to get that one character you wanted from the 4* pool alone if they ended up demoted instead of staying 5*.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Okay, after reading through all this.. yeah I don't like the changes to the summoning pool. So, great I don't have to be scared of Jaffar and Grey anymore, which is nice. What I don't like is that I won't have a chance at more Takumis (or heck, even Mist. I've always wanted her a little) at all now unless I go out of my way and pull in the pond where all the Jaffars are still swimming. Side banners still have terrible odds, even if they do go out of their way to add new focuses each day/week. And with what orbs am I supposed to pull anyway? That fabled mode, which was supposed to compensate us for the orb pinching they've been doing failed to deliver. Am I really supposed to take my precious few orbs to the waste bin, hoping I'll strike gold? Oh and I am also more than tired of seeing Bartre's face. If anythinfl, he and his cohorts deserved the boot more than anything. Bleh

Aether Resort looks nice, but I am not wasting orbs on it. They have to be out of their mind to demand that as currency. 

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Those banners also don't run nearly as long and unless one has a shitload of orbs built up (or insanely lucky) you're still getting less time to pull on them.

Seasonal Reruns last up to a month. And the purpose is to save, so realistically, you should be having a good amount of Orbs saved up if you want that character. 

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Precisely, this just means that instead of pulling randomly saying "Oh maybe I'll get XXX", I will actually sit down, knowing this is the only way to get her, and be more focused about it.

If that is your choice, then you are free to decide you want nothing. Because you're never guarenteed any unit, after these changes or before. Everything is the luck of the gatcha. 

I'm disappointed because it's a shitty fix to the summoning pool. A lot of these units don't deserve to be 5 star exclusives anymore and it does nothing to make me less disgusted of seeing the same 3-4* unit I've been seeing since I've started the game. It's not just the 5* pool that needs to be cleaned to be less bloated, the 3-4* pool is also incredibly stale and this change does nothing to fix that. 

Also,  I barely pull on VG, TT Season rerun and skill banners compared to those with new heroes. And knowing I could might be pity broken by Lucina there is not gonna give me more incentive to pull on those. 

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Seasonal Reruns last up to a month. And the purpose is to save, so realistically, you should be having a good amount of Orbs saved up if you want that character. 

basically, i think what this might mean for me - 
not bothering with a seasonal - and just going for (ifthey are there) side banners. this is what I have to think is coming. because they still aren't addressing the availablity, which is what more people wanted anyway 

Thanks to the pool being updated, maybe now I can finally get more copies for my Shigure. I'm hoping that acessory shop is a shop we can actually buy acesssories and not just a try out place.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

How do you think we'll have all those orbs anyway? They've been pinching them left and right, and the new mode is outright demanding more from us. So we are supposed to pull for Seasonals and take whatever is leftover to the side banners? With what orbs I ask? 200 a month is barely guaranteed to give you one seasonal, let alone leave you anything for side banners.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm disappointed because it's a shitty fix to the summoning pool. A lot of these units don't deserve to be 5 star exclusives anymore and it does nothing to make me less disgusted of seeing the same 3-4* unit I've been seeing since I've started the game. It's not just the 5* pool that needs to be cleaned to be less bloated, the 3-4* pool is also incredibly stale and this change does nothing to fix that. 

Also,  I barely pull on VG, TT Season rerun and skill banners compared to those with new heroes. And knowing I could might be pity broken by Lucina there is not gonna give me more incentive to pull on those. 

I would have easily preferred demotes, obviously none of them deserve to be 5* Rarity anymore, but I don't think this is as bad as people are making it out to be (but it's also because I don't pull on New Heroes Banners as it is that this doesn't affect me much).

I know New Heroes will be added to the pool so I see no reason to Summon on them for myself. Most of my Spending is on Seasonals and TT/VG Banner for characters I don't have yet (like the Gen 1 units). That's where I do most of my pulling anyway so knowingI still have a chance to get those units there is good for me.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

How do you think we'll have all those orbs anyway? They've been pinching them left and right, and the new mode is outright demanding more from us. So we are supposed to pull for Seasonals and take whatever is leftover to the side banners? With what orbs I ask? 200 a month is barely guaranteed to give you one seasonal, let alone leave you anything for side banners.

It depends how many Orbs you have and how you save. Like for me for example, I don't often pull on New Heroes Banners. I go for Banners like ones with these Gen 1 Units or Seasonals I missed in the past. So I often save for maybe 2-3 months which is generally a good amount of Orbs. I also buy monthly packs, so I may have an additional 40-60 in that  time frame. I just skip Banners I'm not interested in. 

New Mode demanding Orbs means I'm not playing the new Mode if I know I want to save. That's just how I'm doing it, but if you pull more often than I do, you'll probably strategize differently.

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It depends how many Orbs you have and how you save. Like for me for example, I don't often pull on New Heroes Banners. I go for Banners like ones with these Gen 1 Units or Seasonals I missed in the past. So I often save for maybe 2-3 months which is generally a good amount of Orbs. I also buy monthly packs, so I may have an additional 40-60 in that  time frame. I just skip Banners I'm not interested in. 

New Mode demanding Orbs means I'm not playing the new Mode if I know I want to save. That's just how I'm doing it, but if you pull more often than I do, you'll probably strategize differently.

moi aussi. 
Basically what this also means-  i'm probably not pulling on legendary banners now, give or take something. i got most of the legendaries i wanted. so unless it's a seasonal + someone else in 2-3 colours i'm cool.  and i really should be sleeping now. 

29 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I was hoping for a mass demote of these old characters making fodder like firesweep bow, DC, CC readily available but I guess that would be too generous.  It could have been handled better, but I see this as a major improvement still.

They can still choose who to demote and who not to demote. Units like Amelia, Celica, Hector, Takumi, and maybe Faye, Genny, and Nephenee and maybe, maybe Alm they should or would have decided to keep as 5* along with the CYL1, first Holy War, and Farfetched Heroes units, but units like Jaffar, Katarina, Luke, and Mist? Sothe's in the 3* to 4* pool now, but Jaffar isn't and both have access to L&D3, Rauthowl is not in the regular summoning pool, but Blarowl and Gronnowl are, Luke's a joke, and Mist is a pitybreaker meme at this point. And then you have all these other idiots like Eldigan, Elise, Ephraim, Gray, Hinoka, PoR Ike, Innes, Julia, Karel, Leo, Linde, Lucina, Minerva, Olwen, Ryoma, Tana, etc..

A reminder that we've yet to have an axe flier introduced to the regular summoning pool and we lost one to future, new heroes and new seasonal heroes banners as Minerva won't be on them. Freaking Ares is now 3* to 4* summonable giving us all his shenanigans, his own and what he can give to others with Brazen Atk/Def, but Eldigan is still stuck as a 5* summonable unit. Could have had more Fury in the fodder, 3* to 4* pool, but nope.

Did the 5* pool become better? For new heroes and new seasonal heroes banners? Yep. They're likely to be better equipped and have higher stats and better stat distribution compared to the removed 5* units. That said, the 3* to 4* pool is stagnant even with the demotions we did get. Rare and sometimes niche skills are even harder to come by when units like Genny, brave Ike, Katarina, Saber, and Takumi can't randomly show up. It's displeasing to some, but at least you got Wrathful Staff, Steady Breath, Rauthowl, Swift Sparrow, or Atk Ploy; 1000 feathers, and Close Counter. Of course, it doesn't mean they're permanently gone, but it might have been better if they, and not them specifically, went on to "bloat" the 3* to 4* pool instead of simply disappearing from future new heroes banners.

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

How is making life more difficult for F2P anymore preferable though? Unlike what you seem to be assuming, I don't spend orbs on each and every new banner that comes out, but my luck is usually horrible enough that one good banner leaves me broke for months on end. I do not like having to prioritize even more than before and taking a dive in the shitty pool with all the Jaffar sharks just to get one more copy of Takumi, because I guarantee you, I'll have zero orbs left for that. Having to strateigize a bit is expected, but it's getting to be freaking ridiculous and almost impossible to get your orbs worth even if you focus exclusively on faves.

The worst part about this Feh Channel is having to edit my spreadsheet to switch between new banners and old ones.

Looks like Elise is forever beyond my reach...

36 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

There goes my hopes of getting firesweep bow on a 4 star unit, being harder to get is annoying

And we’re still waiting on Firesweep Axe. At this rate, the effect will probably be given to a seasonal weapon. 

50 minutes ago, Jave said:

It's a goof up, because if you look at the notification, it actually lists blue Olwen and not green Olwen.

Edited by Anacybele