Will Genealogy of the Holy War be the next remake?

Zihark11

Will Genealogy of the holy war be the next remake?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Will Genealogy of the holy war be the next remake?

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I also hear the argument that they'd be obligated to do thracia afterward, but that is also the case with FE6, they'd be obligated to make a remake of 7. If anything I'd expect 7's remake to come before 6 assuming they aren't packaged as a single release.

Ok 7 has a lot of issues with it's map design but as we have seen with SoV IS doesn't really change it if at all. FE7 does have some units that are complete garbage and others that are complete gods but it's not as pronounced as in FE6. And besides FE7 has aged well, it's still a game you can go back too and enjoy with the inconveniences being there but not preventing you from having fun, this is a difference to FE6 where the game has some pretty big annoyances like how "limited" the unit pool is with the fact that so many units are atrocious and others are must have to have fun, and then there's stuff like ambush spawns which can legitimately make you not enjoy a map, or the thrones/gates and their crazy high avoid etc.

Plus FE7 has already had a western release which FE6 has not as well as 4 and 5, and a remake of FE7 would just be better sprites, Voice acting maybe and different balancing and that's really not enough for a game most already have in their emulators or, if they are lucky, GBAs so paying 40 dollars for the game + the absurd cost of DLC that Nintendo will inject into it. 

Oh and please disregard the notion of the game being packaged into one, I guess it sounds convenient or something to have both games in one cartridge like "Oh man I am going on a road trip and can't holad all these games..." but no just no, if we put them together IS will probably use half their effort into both games and make them subpar at best, yes FE6-7 are related but this really only shows in: the continent of Elibe, Eliwood, Hector, Zephiel, Guinivere, Rebecca, Bartre, Karla, Pent and Louise and really what happened in FE7 didn't transfer over to FE6 that much except for Batt;e before Dawn, but just that one. I know the prospect of being able to pair your shipping and see it affect in FE6 would be cool but it's not really needed and if anything a single FE6 remake could give some evidence to support certain ships but a bundled game just for that, SHipping simulator 2019 is not worth it for lower effort put into what would be both games.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm predicting FE6 to be remade next cuz of Roy's Smash appeal and the Director of Echoes saying he'd like to remake it next, but I'd prefer FE4 and 5 to be remade next. Both of them badly need the Echoes treatment more than FE6 imo.

2 hours ago, Lau said:

This may be selfish, but I want them to give the Archanea games the Echoes treatment, though I wouldn't complain about the Jugdral games or Binding Blade getting remade.

I think they might skip straight to Binding Blade, simply because the Echoes director specifically showed interest in it, and I just feel like it'd be easier for them.

I wouldn't mind another Archanea remake in the style of Echoes with elements of the DS remakes...but not immediately. FE4, 5, and 6 should get remakes first before they even consider remaking Archanea again.

4 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Ok 7 has a lot of issues with it's map design but as we have seen with SoV IS doesn't really change it if at all. FE7 does have some units that are complete garbage and others that are complete gods but it's not as pronounced as in FE6. And besides FE7 has aged well, it's still a game you can go back too and enjoy with the inconveniences being there but not preventing you from having fun, this is a difference to FE6 where the game has some pretty big annoyances like how "limited" the unit pool is with the fact that so many units are atrocious and others are must have to have fun, and then there's stuff like ambush spawns which can legitimately make you not enjoy a map, or the thrones/gates and their crazy high avoid etc.

Plus FE7 has already had a western release which FE6 has not as well as 4 and 5, and a remake of FE7 would just be better sprites, Voice acting maybe and different balancing and that's really not enough for a game most already have in their emulators or, if they are lucky, GBAs so paying 40 dollars for the game + the absurd cost of DLC that Nintendo will inject into it. 

Oh and please disregard the notion of the game being packaged into one, I guess it sounds convenient or something to have both games in one cartridge like "Oh man I am going on a road trip and can't holad all these games..." but no just no, if we put them together IS will probably use half their effort into both games and make them subpar at best, yes FE6-7 are related but this really only shows in the continent of Elibe, Eliwood, Hector, Zephiel, Guinivere, Rebecca, Bartre, Karla, Pent and Louise and really what happened in FE7 didn't transfer over to FE6 that much except for Batt;e before Dawn, but just that one. I know the prospect of being able to pair your shipping and see it affect in FE6 would be cool but it's not really needed and if anything a single FE6 remake could give some evidence to support certain ships but a bundled game just for that, SHipping simulator 2019 is not worth it for lower effort put into what would be both games.

Did...did you just quote the wrong person? Is this a troll? You can see in the parts of my post you clipped out not only that I don't think they'd do both games together, but also sensible reasons WHY they wouldn't. More sensible than yours, in fact.

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Did...did you just quote the wrong person? Is this a troll? You can see in the parts of my post you clipped out not only that I don't think they'd do both games together, but also sensible reasons WHY they wouldn't. More sensible than yours, in fact.

OK calm down first of all, I'm not a troll. But I did quote you and I clipped the rest because it was all fine. I just didn't agree with this part and well the post got super long.

How are my points less Sensible than yours? You only said that because of the smash community FE6 may be the next remade game but that you're on team FE4. Meanwhile I tackled the price of such a game, the balancing issues and how FE6 needs it more than FE7 and how FE7 has aged well despite it's several flaws to where a remake wouldn't be redundant but is not entirely needed either.

And as for the single packaged thing I just said why I think it's a horrible idea, and if you agree then cool, if you agreed before I even said, then oops. 

EDIT: Alright I made an honest mistake you did bring some sensible points. Sorry

10 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

the Director of Echoes saying he'd like to remake it next

doesn't really mean much, he's not the one who has to decide which game's gonna be remade next, since he's just SoV's director

just wanted to specify this, don't mean to sound arrogant

Edited by Yexin

if you agreed before I even said, then oops. 

Yeah, oops. 

EDIT: Alright I made an honest mistake you did bring some sensible points. Sorry

Apology accepted.

Hmm, I mean I don't know. I'd like to see Geneology get a remake, but it's got some serious competition for remake material. 

19 minutes ago, Decerd said:

I hope not. Of all the older FE games, Geneology is the worst and most overrated title. I hope it gets forgotten forever.

HAHAHAH-... h-ha????

Whaaaaat? So edgy, this is definitely a troll post. 

The worst is technically 2 since it's so sluggish, even more so than 1 and overrated might be 3 since people praise it for some staples it had (solid either way) but 4 definitely deserves all the praise it has gotten, although sometimes too much but I don't really see a problem with the game, yes maps are huge but that doesn't completely invalidate foot units as most say and it does have some problems but it's still very well playable and really those problems are more so mechanics. Also it may not be the case for you but for history geeks like myself the whole bombardment of political factions at each other's throats and FEUDALISM just... hmm perfect story for me and many others.

@Roland You are right, there is a lot of competition for an FE4 remake, primarily 6 and viceversa. But I wouldn't mind either being remade.

HAHAHAH-... h-ha????

Whaaaaat? So edgy, this is definitely a troll post. 

The worst is technically 2 since it's so sluggish, even more so than 1 and overrated might be 3 since people praise it for some staples it had (solid either way) but 4 definitely deserves all the praise it has gotten, although sometimes too much but I don't really see a problem with the game, yes maps are huge but that doesn't completely invalidate foot units as most say and it does have some problems but it's still very well playable and really those problems are more so mechanics. Also it may not be the case for you but for history geeks like myself the whole bombardment of political factions at each other's throats and FEUDALISM just... hmm perfect story for me and many others.

Yes, because opinions definitely aren't a thing, no siree.

At least Gaiden didn't take nearly an hour to complete because it's maps are so ridiculously huge and the only viable units are horseback units and that's it. I'm sorry, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think FE 4 mounted units are the most OP thing in creation next to Deadshot in Injustice 2. Not to mention, the story is overrated. I'll give you the first half, but once Sigurd dies, so does the writing. It'd be so much better if Seliph wasn't as interesting as the dump I flush ever time I finish eating 12 o'clock lunch. 

That's all I've got to say. Sorry if you don't like it.

I thought it would be neat to remake FE4 as well, but I can't imagine them leaving a lot of the story/gameplay elements the same, I would guess because controversy of most things. And while I think the game has it's charms, the maps are a bit tedious to get through considering you are just moving to the other side of the map after every castle. I think it has a chance, though and I would like to believe it could be done right, or at least a bit more cleaned up.

1 minute ago, Decerd said:

Yes, because opinions definitely aren't a thing, no siree.

Huh? No it's just I found it amusing/weird. I'm not actually tackilng your freedom of speech or anything. ANd I would be a hypocrite if I said opinions weren't a thing since I have my own soooo yeah not really well supported here.

2 minutes ago, Decerd said:

At least Gaiden didn't take nearly an hour to complete because it's maps are so ridiculously huge and the only viable units are horseback units and that's it.

You're joking, Gaiden maps even though shorter are the most uninteresting thing only fighting occurs ever! Except the last map where it's kill boss AKA Duma. In Genealogy it's seize which not only is the best map objective but also there's way more to do in every map and please, horseback units in Gaiden were also pretty nice to have because of the long maps, or the whitewings in the hellish desert chapters.

6 minutes ago, Decerd said:

I'm sorry, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think FE 4 mounted units are the most OP thing in creation next to Deadshot in Injustice 2.

Didn't say that mounted units weren't OP like I never did. What I did say was that the big maps don't completely invalidate foot units as most say. Look at Ayra or Lewyn or Azel or Sylvia, those are great foot units and the big maps don't make them completely useless, hampered because of it? yes but useless because of it? no.

11 minutes ago, Decerd said:

Not to mention, the story is overrated. I'll give you the first half, but once Sigurd dies, so does the writing. It'd be so much better if Seliph wasn't as interesting as the dump I flush ever time I finish eating 12 o'clock lunch. 

No? It's all really good as well? Also if you are taking dumps right after eating then you may have a health problem.

12 minutes ago, Decerd said:

That's all I've got to say. Sorry if you don't like it.

Ctrll + C , Ctrl +V for myself.

23 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Possible but I'd sooner wager that FE6 gets a remake before the Jugdral games. Roy's our boy after all.

YEAAAAH!!! ROY'S OUR BOY!!!!

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I thought it would be neat to remake FE4 as well, but I can't imagine them leaving a lot of the story/gameplay elements the same, I would guess because controversy of most things. And while I think the game has it's charms, the maps are a bit tedious to get through considering you are just moving to the other side of the map after every castle. I think it has a chance, though and I would like to believe it could be done right, or at least a bit more cleaned up.

I agree with this, FE4 is quite charming and while yes the maps are oversized seize maps I think they are still fun since they do have secondary objectives which makes it more thrilling and tedium is kinda overrated for FE4 since you do have those broken save files, now THAT is an actual problem.

Otherwise I think you're right.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Possible but I'd sooner wager that FE6 gets a remake before the Jugdral games. Roy's our boy after all.

Yeah this seems like the general consensus. I would not be upset about it at all either. ive only played FE6 3 times so i would love to play it again with a new remake. 

30 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah i agree but i think it would be a new experience to play on the big maps at least for me it would be. I like how the story goes where it shows off a huge gap in the games storyline. 

31 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

You're joking, Gaiden maps even though shorter are the most uninteresting thing only fighting occurs ever! Except the last map where it's kill boss AKA Duma. In Genealogy it's seize which not only is the best map objective but also there's way more to do in every map and please, horseback units in Gaiden were also pretty nice to have because of the long maps, or the whitewings in the hellish desert chapters.

Didn't say that mounted units weren't OP like I never did. What I did say was that the big maps don't completely invalidate foot units as most say. Look at Ayra or Lewyn or Azel or Sylvia, those are great foot units and the big maps don't make them completely useless, hampered because of it? yes but useless because of it? no.

Well I don't know about you, but I cannot stand Geneology's map design. It takes way too long and drags on far too much for it's own good. Gaiden's map design isn't top tier by any means, but I'll take it over what Geneology threw at me every day of the week.

I also couldn't stand FE 4's unit balance. You may have foot soldiers like the ones you mention, but mounted units screw Geneology's unit balance overall. If your not a mounted unit in Geneology, you're worthless. 

No? It's all really good as well?

Maybe to you, but Seliph's story is boderline basic to me, and the problem I have is the main character himself. In my eyes, Seliph is just Roy with blue hair. A second generation lord who is nowhere near as good as his father is as a character. Hell you know what? I can basically apply that to most of the second generation as well. If Arvis wasn't such a God-tier villian, I would've stopped playing Geneology's second half because the story stopped interesting me.

Also if you are taking dumps right after eating then you may have a health problem.

How mature of you. /s

Edited by Decerd

If your not a mounted unit in Geneology, your worthless. 

I already disproved this. Also great how you don't know the difference between you're and your.

Maybe to you, but Seliph's story is boderline basic to me

Guess that's how it will be then.

3 minutes ago, Decerd said:

How mature of you. /s

It's only the truth...

15 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

Yeah i agree but i think it would be a new experience to play on the big maps at least for me it would be. I like how the story goes where it shows off a huge gap in the games storyline. 

I can agree, it does have it's positive points, and it's always interesting to approach a game differently. I think most the issues of that could be fixed if after you conquer a castle, some enemies would appear for something to do in between the down-time.

18 minutes ago, Decerd said:

Maybe to you, but Seliph's story is boderline basic to me, and the problem I have is the main character himself. In my eyes, Seliph is just Roy with blue hair. A second generation lord who is nowhere near as good as his father is as a character. Hell you know what? I can basically apply that to most of the second generation as well. If Arvis wasn't such a God-tier villian, I would've stopped playing Geneology's second half because the story stopped interesting me.

I actually kinda agree here. Gen 2's story was really bland compared to Gen 1. The gameplay was also not as interesting in Gen 2 because all of the Holy weapons that only some units get, kind of making the idea of pairing to make fun unit combos, pointless.

15 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I already disproved this.

I would say not really, since even the units you mentioned require your mounts to slow down if they're to contribute in any meaningful fashion, especially Sylvia and her 5 move.

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

I would say not really, since even the units you mentioned require your mounts to slow down if they're to contribute in any meaningful fashion, especially Sylvia and her 5 move.

I mean yes but actually no, they slow down but end up moving more in total with Sylvia's help. As for Ayra and those other fighting units, it is true fighting for them is a bit difficult but there will be several times throughout the game where they can use it, either because strong enemies block the way or whatever.

18 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I already disproved this. Also great how you don't know the difference between you're and your.

You only listed four foot units that were worth using. Four. That doesn't convince me that foot units aren't severely hampered because of Geneology's map design.

And I do know the difference. You resorting to being a grammar Nazi now?

Guess that's how it will be then.

Is it how it will be.

It's only the truth...

You ever hear of this thing called "figure of speech"? If not, then that's what that comment was. Not meant to be taking seriously. 

It's obvious you won't budge on Geneology, and neither will I. So for the sake of people actually wanting to contribute to this topic (and me not wasting my time with someone who has the attitude of fourteen year old), I'm dropping this conversation.

You only listed four foot units that were worth using. Four. That doesn't convince me that foot units aren't severely hampered because of Geneology's map design.

Doesn't matter since I won now, you just said severly hampered instead of useless and that's what I was trying to convince you on in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Decerd said:

You ever hear of this thing called "figure of speech"? If not, then that's what that comment was. Not meant to be taking seriously. 

Yeah I know what it is and I knew it was sarcasm because of the "/s" thing. I was also joking there I didn't take it seriously either.

4 minutes ago, Decerd said:

It's obvious you won't budge on Geneology, and neither will I. So for the sake of people actually wanting to contribute to this topic (and me not wasting my time with someone who has the attitude of fourteen year old), I'm dropping this conversation.

Agreed, and yes I'm 14 but I don't see what was wrong with my attitude aside from the HAHAs. But yeah end of conversation.

Dancer has six move, not five. Most infantry classes have six, save for most of the mages and armour classes.

Most cavalry have eight. That two move difference tends to be standard for Fire Emblem. One problem is that while cavalry gain one move on promotion, infantry doesn't. That's not a problem to mitigate in a remake, giving the infantry promotions seven move (except Thief Fighter which does ups to seven already). The Road terrain can also have its movement cost for infantry reduced further from the 0.7 it has in the base game.

Even among cavalry it's a bit uneven. The pegasi riders remain at eight after promoting, while dragon riders have nine even before promotion.

There's also the fact that you don't always need to rush. Save for select scenarios like saving Lachesis, you don't need to have your cavalry rush over and leave your infantry behind. Just have everyone march together, only rushing for things like bandits going after villages and the like.

1 minute ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Doesn't matter since I won now, you just said severly hampered instead of useless and that's what I was trying to convince you on in the first place.

Yeah I know what it is and I knew it was sarcasm because of the "/s" thing. I was also joking there I didn't take it seriously either.

Agreed, and yes I'm 14 but I don't see what was wrong with my attitude aside from the HAHAs. But yeah end of conversation.

Don't waste time with him. Trust me, it isn't worth it. 

Anyways, if Geneology does get remade, I do hope they improve the gameplay. As much as I love the story, the gameplay isn't the best. Doesn't mean it's bad, but I hope they actually make improvements, such as improving infantry units movement.

13 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I mean yes but actually no, they slow down but end up moving more in total with Sylvia's help.

And you can always have her inherit the Leg and or Knight Rings. She is the best candidate for one or both other than Seliph (or he could take the Paragon- but Leif likes that too).

Genealogy's movement issues is an issue for me. It didn't stop me from finishing the game, but it does make a 2nd playthrough of Genealogy seem a bit difficult. And I will with restrain agree that Gen 2's plot and characters are weaker than Gen 1's. Genealogy isn't perfect, ambition too much for what it could realistically carry out, but it still has its merits. How they choose in a remake to fix the gameplay, to lean conservative or being liberal with the changes, is the divisive question of FE4. Everybody can probably agree any presentation improvements (apart from plot modifications if present), will be wonderful.

53 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

and tedium is kinda overrated for FE4 since you do have those broken save files, now THAT is an actual problem.

Replace with 11 & 12's save points?

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I believe in second chances, and I especially believe in remakes of bad games to get them right, but four chances (five depending on how we consider FE12) is way too much. 

Specifically referring to FE1, it'd be the fourth remake, since FE12 left out the War of Shadows completely. The War of Heroes is totally its own thing and should be counted apart from the War of Shadows.

And it is sad that both of FE1's remakes so far have been rather lackluster. Shadow Dragon most people know was made rather cheaply, but I feel FE3 Book 1 was also made without that much heart put into it, compared to Book 2.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Replace with 11 & 12's save points?

As for the rest of the post I agree, I just felt lazy to copy it here.

This is a pretty good idea, just that they don't waste a turn, I would be more inclined in something where after conquering each castle you can save there and only there right before the next turn. Or if on your trip to the next castle there are 2 sections of enemies somewhat far away you could have a save point somewhere that enables anyone, even foot units, canto so they can save but you don't waste a unit's turn. That's just what first comes to mind anyway.