Create an Echo Fighter!

Perkilator

Just as the title says; only rule is that your Echo can only be from the series as the characters they’re echoing.

-Sonic; 38ε Shadow

-Donkey Kong; 02ε DK Jr.

-Ness; 10ε Ninten

-Cloud; 61ε Zack Fair

-Captain Falcon; 11ε Black Shadow

-Meta Knight; 27ε Galacta Knight

-Bayonetta; 63ε Jeanne

-Roy; Looking back, I think 25ε should’ve been Eliwood. Eliwood could maybe be a mix of Roy and Ike.

So what’s in your creative gears, guys?

I know it's against the rules but screw it

F-Zero: Jody Summers as Zero Suit's ε

Pokemon: Blaziken as Captain Falcon's ε

DK: Funky Kong as DK's ε

Kirby: Galacta Knight as Meta's

Star Fox: Panther as Wolf's ε

Mother: Niten & Paula as Ness's ε

Claus & Kumatora's ε

FE: BK as Ike's but remember Fire Emblem characters are just waste of space

Maybe Celica as Robin's ε because apparently there's no such thing as unique moveset for any FE characters

Kid Icarus: Medusa as Palutena's ε

Pikmin: Louie & the President as Olimar's ε

Animal Crossing: Tom Nook as either the Villagers' or Isabelle's ε

Punch Out!: Doc Louis' as Little Mac's ε?

Bayonetta: Jean as Bayo's ε

Street Fighter: Akuma

FF: Maybe Zack as Cloud's ε

Zelda: Hilda & T! Midna's ε

6 hours ago, Perkilator said:

-Roy; Looking back, I think 25ε should’ve been Eliwood. Eliwood could maybe be a mix of Roy and Ike.

I know for a fact that even if Roy did have his projectiles, he still would be call "Fire Marth"

Edited by Zangetsu

-Funky Kong as a Donkey Kong Echo

-Dixie Kong as a Diddy Kong Echo

-Hilda as a Zelda Echo

-Shadow as a Sonic Echo

-Proto Man as a Mega Man Echo

-Alph as a Olimar Echo (this is kind of cheating since Alph is already playable as a costume for Olimar, but I feel like he should've been promoted to Echo, so whatever)

-Glass Joe as a Little Mac Echo

-Black Shadow as a Captain Falcon Echo

-Jeanne as a Bayonetta Echo

Side note, I would've preferred Eliwood as Roy's Echo instead of Chrom, but apparently we can't have more than one echo per character, so oh well

I don't have much time now but...

Diddy Kong-Cranky Kong. I don't know much about DK but I feel like he could be a ''Robot-Assistant''' type of character. You know, like that guy that can use a robot arm, robot leg, robot blabla. But instead of being a really modern type of ''robot'', it could be like a completely wooden one, and it could be stored in some sort of backpack. For some backstory, it could be something like this: ''Cranky wants to help DK and..DK but they feel like he's just going to drag them behind and refuse. Cranky wants to show them that he still capable, so he made all this by himself (or with Dixie if the same idea was applied for her) and goes to Smash..He also should made some kind of remedy because, holly hell, 2 walking sticks is really something.''

...Or you can just drop Dixie here and make her a more ''Daisy'' type of Echo (no relevant changes).

Or just make him into a new character, maybe it has way too much new stuff for a Echo.

I find it really amusing that people are saying Jeanne should be Bayonetta's echo when Rosa literally uses the Bayonetta 1 moveset in Bayonetta 2 while Bayonetta gets her own style changed to something newer.

Anyway...

Sonic - Metal Sonic (I mean he's literally programmed to be Sonic's mirror self and Shadow has plenty to make him unique, even if he CAN do what Sonic can.)

Ike - Priam and/or Griel (I'm leaning more towards Priam because he still has perfect use of both arms but I'd be plenty happy either way.)

Robin - Morgan (Do I really need to explain this one? Morgan'd be smaller but otherwise the same and maybe use a few different spells. Since Chrom's both Robin's Final Smash and a Fighter, Lucina could function the same way for Morgan)

Corrin - Kana (Same princple as Morgan for Robin pretty simple thing to do but otherwise an effective one)

Incineroar - Poliwrath (Honestly just because I'm quite sure Poliwrath could work for Incineroar's style. It'd work quite well and be interesting to see a less popular Pokémon in Smash)

Bayonetta - Rosa (For the reason I explained above)

Luigi/Dr Mario - Dr Luigi (Basically the same princple but giving Luigi his own quirks taken from his regular moveset. Sorta like how Chrom combines Roy and Ike, except it's with Luigi and Dr Mario)

Yeah, these are all that really spring to mind. Well, besides these great ideas.

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

-Proto Man as a Mega Man Echo

8 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Star Fox: Panther as Wolf's ε

Pikmin: Louie & the President as Olimar's ε

14 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Roy; Looking back, I think 25ε should’ve been Eliwood. Eliwood could maybe be a mix of Roy and Ike.

That last one I'm 50-50 on. I wouldn't mind it but considering that Chrom fits the fighting style so well, I wouldn't be inclined to swap him out.

I'm not really sure why so many people keep thinking Dixie should be an echo of Diddy unless they're really willing compromise so much that they're ok for her to lose her for style.

The same can be said about Proto Man to Rock but Blue isn't nearly as unique compare to Dixie.

8 hours ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

I don't have much time now but...

Diddy Kong-Cranky Kong. I don't know much about DK but I feel like he could be a ''Robot-Assistant''' type of character. You know, like that guy that can use a robot arm, robot leg, robot blabla. But instead of being a really modern type of ''robot'', it could be like a completely wooden one, and it could be stored in some sort of backpack. For some backstory, it could be something like this: ''Cranky wants to help DK and..DK but they feel like he's just going to drag them behind and refuse. Cranky wants to show them that he still capable, so he made all this by himself (or with Dixie if the same idea was applied for her) and goes to Smash..He also should made some kind of remedy because, holly hell, 2 walking sticks is really something.''

...Or you can just drop Dixie here and make her a more ''Daisy'' type of Echo (no relevant changes).

Or just make him into a new character, maybe it has way too much new stuff for a Echo.

Tropical Freeze shows that Cranky has his own movesets. Why would he be an echo for Diddy at that point?

7 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Yeah, these are all that really spring to mind. Well, besides these great ideas.

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.

7 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

I find it really amusing that people are saying Jeanne should be Bayonetta's echo when Rosa literally uses the Bayonetta 1 moveset in Bayonetta 2 while Bayonetta gets her own style changed to something newer.

I'll give you that much, but I only said that because I think they can do same thing with Jeanne like they did with Ken.

Other wise I'm ok with Rosa with being alt outfit for Bayo

8 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Ike - Priam and/or Griel (I'm leaning more towards Priam because he still has perfect use of both arms but I'd be plenty happy either way.)

Robin - Morgan (Do I really need to explain this one? Morgan'd be smaller but otherwise the same and maybe use a few different spells. Since Chrom's both Robin's Final Smash and a Fighter, Lucina could function the same way for Morgan)

Corrin - Kana (Same princple as Morgan for Robin pretty simple thing to do but otherwise an effective one)

I'm ok with that even if I don't necessarily believe that being family = being an echo fighter

I'm not entirely sure if Melee's clone logic applies to Ultimate's echo fighters logic.

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.

It wasn't. I genuinely believe they're great ideas.

I'll give you that much, but I only said that because I think they can do same thing with Jeanne like they did with Ken.

That literally didn't occur to me when I typed it up so I'll concede that's also a fair point.

Other wise I'm ok with Rosa with being alt outfit for Bayo

Also fine but her slower guns wouldn't quite feel right like that.

I'm ok with that even if I don't necessarily believe that being family = being an echo fighter

I was looking more at their general fighting styles being so similar. In Priam's case, you can certainly see that he has the knowledge of Ike's fighting style. With regards to Morgan and Kana, they love their parent so much that they try to outright mimic them which could lead to slightly clumsier or more deliberate changes depending on how they're handled. By which I mean things like Kana stumbling as part of their animations or Morgan having a selection of weaker spells that could last longer and perhaps be placed differently.

Actually, thinking back to it, I once saw a "leak" prior to Ultimate's final release of the base roster that suggested Soren for play as a Robin clone and given how he can optionally use Knives in Path of Radiance, I could see it being a shorter option for Robin's sword with thrown attacks for some Tilt or Smash Attacks. I'd be up for that too.

3 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Also fine but her slower guns wouldn't quite feel right like that.

I was looking more at their general fighting styles being so similar. In Priam's case, you can certainly see that he has the knowledge of Ike's fighting style. With regards to Morgan and Kana, they love their parent so much that they try to outright mimic them which could lead to slightly clumsier or more deliberate changes depending on how they're handled. By which I mean things like Kana stumbling as part of their animations or Morgan having a selection of weaker spells that could last longer and perhaps be placed differently.

Actually, thinking back to it, I once saw a "leak" prior to Ultimate's final release of the base roster that suggested Soren for play as a Robin clone and given how he can optionally use Knives in Path of Radiance, I could see it being a shorter option for Robin's sword with thrown attacks for some Tilt or Smash Attacks. I'd be up for that too.

For the record, you're not talking to a fan of the Bayonetta series as so much you're talking someone who just interested in the lore.

Like I don't even know what Cutie J is supposed to be for Jeanne.

Again that's Melee's clone logic compare to Ultimate's echo fighters.

It's feasible but it's also extra work when the height difference comes into play. Especially those unique animations  you mention.

Then again Ken does have a lot unique animation (probably because he's 3rd party but so is Ricter) & Dark Samus also has nothing but unique movement animations, so you might be onto something.

If that's really the case, then he's a much better choice than Celica. Although I could've sworn he just uses tomes & staves like every other mages.

Must be different in the Tellius Duology.

-Alm as a Roy's echo fighter

-Raichu as a Pikachu's echo fighter

Would also say Blaziken as a Captain Falcon echo fighter but since we are limited by the same series rules...'shrugs'.

6 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

For the record, you're not talking to a fan of the Bayonetta series as so much you're talking someone who just interested in the lore.

Like I don't even know what Cutie J is supposed to be for Jeanne.

Again that's Melee's clone logic compare to Ultimate's echo fighters.

It's feasible but it's also extra work when the height difference comes into play. Especially those unique animations  you mention.

Then again Ken does have a lot unique animation (probably because he's 3rd party but so is Ricter) & Dark Samus also has nothing but unique movement animations, so you might be onto something.

If that's really the case, then he's a much better choice than Celica. Although I could've sworn he just uses tomes & staves like every other mages.

Must be different in the Tellius Duology.

In Path of Radiance, when mages promote to sages, they have to option of choosing either knives or staves as their secondary weapon. I don't know why you would ever pick knives considering staves are the much better option, but that is an option.

21 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Tropical Freeze shows that Cranky has his own movesets. Why would he be an echo for Diddy at that point?

Yeah..I didn't really played Tropical Freeze..

17 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

In Path of Radiance, when mages promote to sages, they have to option of choosing either knives or staves as their secondary weapon. I don't know why you would ever pick knives considering staves are the much better option, but that is an option.

It's weird but interesting

8 hours ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

Yeah..I didn't really played Tropical Freeze..

Well he's basically Scrooge Mcduck & I believe they can work with something with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my list:

1. Celica: a Robin Echo. Her weapons and spells don't have limited uses, but her spells do a specific amount of damage. Also, her Nosferatu looks more like the one in Echoes.
  2. Hylian Soldier: a Toon Link Echo. Ball and Chain replaces the hookshot for grabbing an opponent. It also uses the ball and chain for the spin attack rather than the sword.
  3. Dry Bowser: a Bowser Echo. 

Impa (the OoT version in particular) would make sense as a Sheik Echo. Though honestly, I'd want to re-tool Impa/Sheik's moveset to use more items from the Zelda series. Maybe work their daggers into their moveset.