How do I reclass to a new class at level 1?

FalchionBane

So I got my Avatar to level 20/20 (Nohr Prince to Hoshido Noble) and I wanted to reclass into another class , similar to "Second Seals" in Awakening. But when looked at every possible seal for re-classing, the descriptions just said "level doesn't change."

Is there a way to  reclass in the same way as in Awakening in Fates, or is it not possible?

You need to use an Eternal Seal to raise the level cap, then deal with reclassing.  I think.

EDIT: Reclassing doesn't change your level.  Ever.

Edited by eclipse

25 minutes ago, FalchionBane said:

Man that sucks. I can't max out my units and make them completely overpowered anymore. Even in the fully upgraded Rod and Staff shops, that only has 1 stat booster for each. :(

Its definitely possible to do, just really expensive cause Eternal Seals aren't cheap. My MU in my first Rev file for example ( that i still have) is a lvl 70 Lodestar with 47 (?) Spd.

53 minutes ago, FalchionBane said:

So I got my Avatar to level 20/20 (Nohr Prince to Hoshido Noble) and I wanted to reclass into another class , similar to "Second Seals" in Awakening. But when looked at every possible seal for re-classing, the descriptions just said "level doesn't change."

Is there a way to  reclass in the same way as in Awakening in Fates, or is it not possible?

It's not. On the bright side, it's much less of a pain in the ass to learn skills.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

It's not. On the bright side, it's much less of a pain in the ass to learn skills.

Pretty much this.

You trade infinite leveling for much easier access to skills.  Instead of needing to hit levels 1, 10, promoted 5, and promoted 15 every time you reclass, any skills you "missed" in a reclass will be accumulated every level after the reclass until you're caught up.  For example, if you were a Master Ninja but you reclassed to Swordmaster once you reached level 15, you'll gain Duelist's Blow at level 16, Vantage at 17, Astra at 18, and Swordfaire at 19.  It gets a bit more complicated if you reclass into a promoted class with multiple bases (e.g. Onmoyoji has both the priest/priestess class and the diviner class as its bases), but generally speaking you can expect skill acquisition to be much less tedious.

But like eclipse and Motendra said, you can eternally use Eternal Seals (see what I did there) so long as you can afford them to continue leveling beyond promoted 20.  Hella expensive (10,000 gold per Eternal Seal), but if you're grinding for crazy min-maxing, you'll probably be grinding for money anyway/using some of the grinding DLC.