Fire emblem Genealogy - How old are Patty and Febail?

magenero29

Well, part 2 is 17 years after Barhara so assuming Bridget's husband died there she can't be any younger than 17.

I'd say she's exactly 17. Patty is a younger sibling so she was probably born somewhere in chapter 5. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I'd doubt that.

Considering the other kids at Tirnanogue I doubt that, if Febail and Patty were already born, they wouldn't have been sent with the others as well. So at least, neither had been born when Lubeck castle got taken.

16 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

while Faval is about 17.

That would be difficult actually. Febail can't be born until after Brigid is recruited, and the fall of Agustria marked by Chapter 3 occurs in 759. Genealogy Gen 2 starts in 777 or 776 I think. Given time for Brigid to fall in love and then undergo nine months of pregnancy, she'd have to fall head over heels in a matter of a few months to have Febail be 17.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That would be difficult actually. Febail can't be born until after Brigid is recruited, and the fall of Agustria marked by Chapter 3 occurs in 759. Genealogy Gen 2 starts in 777 or 776 I think. Given time for Brigid to fall in love and then undergo nine months of pregnancy, she'd have to fall head over heels in a matter of a few months to have Febail be 17.

Well, to be fair, sometimes a few months is all it takes.

That said, as I mentioned before, I doubt Febail is 17. Mostly since that entails being born before Sigurd sends the kids to Isaach. If Febail had been born by then, he'd have been sent there as well. He wasn't, though, so I doubt it. Now, he could be close to 17, if he was conceived at some point between Lubeck and the BBQ. So 16 at the most, I would say.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, to be fair, sometimes a few months is all it takes.

That said, as I mentioned before, I doubt Febail is 17. Mostly since that entails being born before Sigurd sends the kids to Isaach. If Febail had been born by then, he'd have been sent there as well. He wasn't, though, so I doubt it. Now, he could be close to 17, if he was conceived at some point between Lubeck and the BBQ. So 16 at the most, I would say.

So how old would Patty be in that case?

In the mangas, it varies.  Some clearly show that Briggid escapes the Battle of Belhalla with one or more of the men and hooks up with one of them after the fact, so they'd imply the kids are younger than 16.

In-game however, not only does virtually every possible bachelor in Gen 1 either die or otherwise get separated from the rest of the families (in the cases of Finn, Azelle, and Lewyn) after the Battle of Belhalla, but Briggid specifically refers to "our children" in her conversation with Alec (at least in one translation), so neither of them can be any younger than 16.  At the same time, it's hard to say they'd be any older than 18 because you meet Briggid one year prior to the Battle of Belhalla.

This crap's really, really murky though.  And I feel like it's mostly because Japanese media companies in general love to leave ages ambiguous unless they're absolutely necessary to know.  Because it's not pedophilia if you don't know that small, child-like girl's age, right?

The most confusing one for me is Tine.  Some sources say she's 13 (what???), yet all of Tailtiu's Phinora conversations imply that Tine was at the very least well on her way to being born, which means she couldn't be younger than 16 (and like Briggid's kids, can't be older than 18 for the same reason).

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If Febail had been born by then, he'd have been sent there as well. He wasn't, though, so I doubt it.

I think you made a mistake in your first post:

Considering the other kids at Tirnanogue I doubt that, if Febail and Patty were already born, they wouldn't have been sent with the others as well.

Which would explain why it confused me so much when I first read it.

Anyway, Tailtiu, Erinys, and Sylvia are also implied to have already had kids by the time they reach Phinora, yet they didn't send their kids to Tirnanogue either (the former two went with their kids to Silesse, and Sylvia dropped her kids off at an orphanage).

I think a lot of the parents just had different plans.  And I personally think Briggid just didn't have any plans to begin with, sort of like Ayra, because her plan would most likely have been to leave them with her sister, who definitely wouldn't have just thrown them into an orphanage for any reason at all.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, knowing all the love stories I do, that's very much possible.

I know of people who got married after only a week of dating.  And there are plenty of love stories that begin with "love at first sight", so it's quite feasible for a couple to fall in love immediately and then have intercourse within the same month as they when fell in love.  Heck, some people just fall in love and their first action as a couple is to have intercourse.  Granted, most of these are teenagers, but I mean... most of the characters in this game are teenagers, so it makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

In the mangas, it varies.  Some clearly show that Briggid escapes the Battle of Belhalla with one or more of the men and hooks up with one of them after the fact, so they'd imply the kids are younger than 16.

In-game however, not only does virtually every possible bachelor in Gen 1 either die or otherwise get separated from the rest of the families (in the cases of Finn, Azelle, and Lewyn) after the Battle of Belhalla, but Briggid specifically refers to "our children" in her conversation with Alec (at least in one translation), so neither of them can be any younger than 16.  At the same time, it's hard to say they'd be any older than 18 because you meet Briggid one year prior to the Battle of Belhalla.

This crap's really, really murky though.  And I feel like it's mostly because Japanese media companies in general love to leave ages ambiguous unless they're absolutely necessary to know.  Because it's not pedophilia if you don't know that small, child-like girl's age, right?

The most confusing one for me is Tine.  Some sources say she's 13 (what???), yet all of Tailtiu's Phinora conversations imply that Tine was at the very least well on her way to being born, which means she couldn't be younger than 16 (and like Briggid's kids, can't be older than 18 for the same reason).

Anyway, Tailtiu, Erinys, and Sylvia are also implied to have already had kids by the time they reach Phinora, yet they didn't send their kids to Tirnanogue either (the former two went with their kids to Silesse, and Sylvia dropped her kids off at an orphanage).

I think a lot of the parents just had different plans.  And I personally think Briggid just didn't have any plans to begin with, sort of like Ayra, because her plan would most likely have been to leave them with her sister, who definitely wouldn't have just thrown them into an orphanage for any reason at all.

Oh, knowing all the love stories I do, that's very much possible.

I know of people who got married after only a week of dating.  And there are plenty of love stories that begin with "love at first sight", so it's quite feasible for a couple to fall in love immediately and then have intercourse within the same month as they when fell in love.  Heck, some people just fall in love and their first action as a couple is to have intercourse.  Granted, most of these are teenagers, but I mean... most of the characters in this game are teenagers, so it makes sense.

Don't forget she is a pirate, she might have more sex with the fellow pirates before she know what moral is.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

To be fair, only with Alec does Briggid mention already having children. The way I see it, it's a bit of alternative scenarios. Just like how Lachesis's conversation with Beowulf is the only one that brings up Lachesis also loved someone else. Then so does all the Phinora conversations do not mean what they all state is true for the others. Also, I would like to point out that just because they mention children doesn't mean they had to all be born yet. Perhaps the women in question are pregnant, yet still aknowledge them. This is just conjecture though.

15 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

It's not a mistake. It says I doubt they wouldn't be sent with the other if they had already been born. I can understand being confused, but it's not wrongly written.

15 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Well, you see, there's still some time between Lubeck and Phinora. It's not impossible that some of the kids like Ced and Arthur were born after Lubeck but before reaching Barhara. However, I can agree that perhaps not all the parents thought to send their kids to Isaach as well. In fact, now that I looked more into the script, here's something that can clarify:

In Chapter 10, a conversation that happens if Lewyn is Tine's father:

Tinny:
“Yes. She and Arthur escaped to Silesia after the Battle of Barhara. Then she had me. But I was told my father passed away…”

So Arthur had definitely being born before the BBQ, while Tine was conceived likely around the time of Phinora, hence why Tailtu mentions kids in plurar during her Phinora convo talks.