New Heroes Arrive : Out of Gallia (April 10~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, my poor orbs...  at least Ranulf is the only one I desperately want.  I'm not a huge ran of the other Gallians (I'd be more interested in Skirmir than his uncle).

Wow, wasn’t expecting another Tellius banner so soon! It’s good to see this group getting in, especially with how popular Ranulf and Haar are. Personally I’m only interested in Lethe but overall it’s a great banner! 

It’s gonna be interesting to see who demote here (unless they pull a Fates banner on us...) because none really stand out as one (well other than not Caineghis)

Pretty rad, I figured Mordecai was gonna be one of those "never gets their chance" forgotten units

*reads further*

OH SHIT HAAR GHB

Wow another Tellius banner this year, really want to make up for the past 2 years. Amored beasts having Distant Counter as their tranform bonus sound absurd. Still  going to skip the banner so that I have more orbs for Bride Tharja's rerun next month.

Wait what? Caineghis have DC? Armor witch DC, Distant def. 4, vengeful fighter and a weapon that buffs all of his stats during combat??? 

Unfortunetely i don’t have orbs for summon 

...Haar's the GHB?

Oh dear...  so few grails, so many options...  At least I'm guaranteed to get him!

I'm loving that we get more Tellius so soon, and 4 boys, too.

The only thing that puts a downer on this is powercrept Distant Defense 4, which also has Dull Ranged on it, because every new A skill has to be disgusting.

Called it on another Tellius beast banner. I'm actually surprised they put both Caineghis and Mordecai in, though.

Armored beasts are busted (I want). Lethe's weapon is busted (I want). Distant Def 4 is busted (I want).

God, I hope Dragon Tribe units are implemented as armored beasts. Distant Counter as a free effect when transformed is great.

Haar Grand Hero Battle sounds awesome. I'm hoping for high Atk and Def.

No Lyre no buy /s (but not really, I want Lyre even if she's just a meme unit in RD). 

Well, Caineghis is as OP as one would expect and IS has no excuse to not give refinements to DC weapons now. 

Mordecai is obvious demote, his weapon seems wonky and his only good skill is Atk/Def Link.

Lethe has Atk/Spd solo in-built but other than that nothing too crazy. If her base Atk/Spd is good enough she'll be able to pull some nasty Galeforce shenanigans with the Flashing/Heavy Blade seal but Tibarn is still better at this due to flying mobility. 

Ranulf is a worse Kaden (unless you don't like using buffing skills for some reason) but he has that 400 SP skill so he isn't getting demoted anytime soon. 

Haar GHB? At least he's guaranteed to have 1 good skill and most of those units tend to have good spreads so I think he'll be fine as long as he doesn't overlap too much with Cherche/Gerome. I hope he'll get a Prf to carve his own niche.

- - - 

Overall, easy skip for me. Caineghis is the obvious bait unit but the other 3 look eh. After the pool changes I made my mind and I'll just pull on banners featuring older units so I'll just take the chapter orbs and keep trying to get Ishtar for collection purposes.

I just realized. Do all of the laguz in Heroes right now count as "Radiant Dawn" units, even if they were far more prominent in PoR? That's ... an interesting choice. Maybe all the beorc who were in both games will be released as their "PoR" version regardless of which one was actually more popular (except for certain characters who are iconic or have drastically changed appearances).

Okay, Lethe's weapon and default skill set gives her +6 Atk, +12 Spd, and +6 Def and reduces the opponent's stats by -4 Atk and -4 Def. At neutral weapon triangle, that's effectively +10/12/10/4. What the everloving fuck.

Also, all of their art is absolutely on point.

EDIT: Why are the cats almost as big as Caineghis, though? His lion form is so small.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I'm curious if the Dull Ranged (and is it Dull Melee too?) effect is always in effect or just when the foe initiates combat.  The skill description is ambiguous.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I'm curious if the Dull Ranged (and is it Dull Melee too?) effect is always in effect or just when the foe initiates combat.  The skill description is ambiguous.

In the Japanese description, the grammar implies that it's only in effect if the opponent is ranged and the opponent initiates combat.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's not ambiguous in English.  The conditional is the foe initiating with a ranged weapon, and if the condition is filled, the unit gets +8D/+8R and neutralizes bonuses.  It would be ambiguous if they were separate sentences, but the 'and' between the effects groups them together.

Edit:  It's the same phrasing used on Steady Stance 4.  To my knowledge, no one found it ambiguous whether the Guard effect happens all the time or only if the foe initiates.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

7 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Looking at the skills, the demote is either going to be Mordecai or no one.

I'd guess the same. I'd be willing to think IS would demote an EXP Skill, yet not demote a Link Skill.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I would imagine when the foe initiates~

No, my remaining orbs!

Finally, after waiting two years Ranulf is finally in the game. I've been waiting for him for so long, so I'm happy he's finally here. I'll be spending my remaining orbs on him and then figure out a good build from there.