New Heroes Arrive : Out of Gallia (April 10~)

Coolmanio

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Dawn Brigade lacks for anyone beyond Micaiah and Sothe, Nailah being only a slight member.

Who do you define who is a member of the Dawn Brigade? Nailah would be a huge stretch IMO. Wouldn't even count Zihark, Jill or Tauroneo but they are welcome for Daein representation. It'd be like saying Nephenee is a GM. 

IS' strategy seems to be flood the game with beast units and when they become the meta , they'll probably release anti-beast weapons through some beorc like Jill and Shinon, to counter the meta. Not unlike how they did with Reinhardt and Surtr. 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know these people other than from watching that RD cutscene for the memes. But that's not a problem. The problem remains that unless I decide to heavily invest orbs into a beast team, the notion of building an all-beast team in the first place is still a non-starter. Even if we optimistically assume Mordy will be demoted, that still means the pool of beasts not locked to 5* rarity consists of three blues (Naesala, Panne, Mordy) and a dancer (Reyson). Haar really needed to be a red beast so we could at least build an F2P-friendly colour-balanced beast team.

With that in mind, I'll just take the freebies and hold off on beasts until at least the next beasts banner, which surely is going to be a fair way away now.

15 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't think we can call it Colorless hell anymore, since with the Gen 1 units out, the Colorless 5* pool is actually pretty good.

Colorless hell is mostly caused by the huge pile of 3-star and 4-star units with pretty much no skills worth inheriting, though, and that still hasn't changed.

11 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Who do you define who is a member of the Dawn Brigade? Nailah would be a huge stretch IMO. Wouldn't even count Zihark, Jill or Tauroneo but they are welcome for Daein representation. It'd be like saying Nephenee is a GM. 

IS' strategy seems to be flood the game with beast units and when they become the meta , they'll probably release anti-beast weapons through some beorc like Jill and Shinon, to counter the meta. Not unlike how they did with Reinhardt and Surtr. 

The only characters that I think would be considered members of the Dawn Brigade are Micaiah, Sothe, Nolan, Edward, Leonardo and Laura (kind of, she joined herself to the whole idea of the group lol).

Edited by Troykv

Definitely going for Lethe! Might pick up Ranulf after, depending. Still got plenty of story maps on different difficulties to do for orbs, so I should be safe...?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Colorless hell is mostly caused by the huge pile of 3-star and 4-star units with pretty much no skills worth inheriting, though, and that still hasn't changed.

The greatest update ever would be if gen 1 healers could learn their passives at 4*.

On the one hand this is a really cool banner. Ranulf, Lethe and Caineghis are all solid picks. They are popular or very strong in story. The fact that Mordecai of all people can make it into heroes was a nice surprise. I always thought he'd be too 'ugly' to join heroes.

Haar being a GHB is very weird, but its still cool to have him in.

However I was kinda ready for Edward/Leonardo/Nolan/Jill/Pelleas now. The Beorc of fe10 are still kind of missing with only Sothe, Micaiah and a rather lame alt. So great banner, but not one I was hoping for.

3 minutes ago, Troykv said:

The only characters that I think would be considered members of the Dawn Brigade are Micaiah, Sothe, Nolan, Edward, Leonardo and Laura (kind of, she joined herself to the whole idea of the group lol).

I would include Meg and Aran too because they join before the formation of Daein Liberation Army. Though I wouldn't mind not including Meg and Aran as their connection is too loose and I prefer the other members of the DB. 

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and the GMs aren't that big

I always feel like I'm missing one when I list them all out, but no, there's like, none of them.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Dawn Brigade lacks for anyone beyond Micaiah and Sothe, Nailah being only a slight member. The Crimean Royal Knights/Part 2 group is also lacking without any of Lucia, Geoffrey, and Bastian, or Marcia.

Please. You can't beat Radiant Dawn using only Heroes characters still.

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

With that in mind, I'll just take the freebies and hold off on beasts until at least the next beasts banner, which surely is going to be a fair way away now.

They wouldn't leave us hanging with only one armored beast, though, would they? Armors print money, after all.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

The greatest update ever would be if gen 1 healers could learn their passives at 4*.

The greatest update ever would be if the 5-star staff weapons and assists could be learned at 4-star rarity.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They wouldn't leave us hanging with only one armored beast, though, would they? Armors print money, after all.

The greatest update ever would be if the 5-star staff weapons and assists could be learned at 4-star rarity.

For some reason I had it in my mind that the Fates wolves were armoured, whoops.

The greatest update ever was if they followed up their swapping of the 3* and 4* rates by swapping the 4* and 5* rates.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

For some reason I had it in my mind that the Fates wolves were armoured, whoops.

They have stats comparable to Gen 1 armors, so it's understandable. (They probably wish they had Distant Counter as the transform effect on their weapon, though.)

Wow, Haar as a reward unit? That's pretty cool I guess. Not sure how to really feel about it after Rutger, but a flying axe unit is welcome here.

On first sight, Lethe and Caineghis are full of nuts.

With that, we have 4 more names off from the CYL3 top 100 missing units. (Mordecai was #233)

Edited by Garlyle

Can we start complaining about too many Tellius banners now? Jokes aside this banner is an easy skip for me and my orbs are safe since I could care less about beast units. Guess I'm spending grails on Haar instead of orbs which is fine with me so here's hoping they actually make him a good unit. I needed another axe flier anyways since Cherche is the only axe flier I ever use and I never got around to building up Gerome. Now I just wait for Jill and she probably won't make it to Heroes until January 2020's annual Tellius banner.

Hopefully there is another New Heroes banner this month and it doesn't get replaced by another silly Seasonal banner. There's not that many New Heroes banners left before the inevitable Summer Seasonals, Three Houses, and CYL3 banners come out.

Is... that what Ranulf sounds like? Huh... I had someone a lot more... carefree sounding? He sounds like a tough guy to be honest...

Well anyways, Armored Beasts getting conditional Distant Counter feels very overpowering for them, but more or less limits them to full-beast teams if they want to be able to keep it intact. The units themselves... well I dunno what to say. Distant Defense 4 seems pretty good, a great addition to any ranged walls who can't quite block off a bladetome mage's fury.

At least getting them won't be that bad since we can't be pity broken by units who don't deserve to still be 5* exclusives, or worse yet units who are available at 4*...

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Is... that what Ranulf sounds like? Huh... I had someone a lot more... carefree sounding? He sounds like a tough guy to be honest...

He's always had a pretty deep voice. They're just being consistent with Radiant Dawn.

6 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

He's always had a pretty deep voice. They're just being consistent with Radiant Dawn.

I've never seen a video of either Tellius game, let alone hear what Ranulf sounds like.

9 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Um no..? It wasn't especially high, but the pronounciation was much softer and less "I am a huge bulky ogre trapped in a lithe feline body." like the current one.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I've never seen a video of either Tellius game, let alone hear what Ranulf sounds like.

Seriously, the voice acting in PoR/RD wasn't the best by far, but FeH has been seriously dropping the ball first with Yune and now with Ranulf.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

It's all over, my orbs for the month are gone.  If this banner continues next month, orbs from that month may be gone too.  *stares at 14 orbs currently*.   I was planning to save unless it was FE4 or Beasts, and the one I feared most was Caineghis....and here he is, king of lions and looking powerful as hell!  I really can't afford to summon for all of them as much as I would like to (especially Ranulf and Lethe since I lack non flying red and green beasts), so I will go for Caineghis. 

Art is so perfect too.  

It's Senri Kita, of course he looks cool!

2 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR What in the goddamn hell is Caineghis' kit? I was joking about Armor Beasts having Distant Counter as their transformation effect. This is fucking terrifying.

You can't even use Raventomes on him reliably because of Distant Def 4 and his Stance Spectrum. Hope you guys remembered to invest in armorbusters.

Hmm, this got me thinking. . .Firesweep (anything) with double Poison Strike is minimum 20 damage, and no risk of counter.  That should make things a little more manageable!

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

As for Haar being a GHB. Really, developers? Really? Why the fuck do we still not have a new axe flier in the regular summoning pool? We have them in the seasonal pool and probably the legendary/mythic pool when Hel is eventually added, but for goddamn. And Minerva is no longer going to show up in the new heroes and new seasonal banners. To this day, Beruka, Camilla, and Cherche are the only axe fliers in the regular summoning pool. Are they good units? Yes, but they're the only regular axe fliers. Want a speedy axe flier? You're going to need to summon for summer Innes or even New Year's Azura who's better used as a refresh unit or wait for Hel judging from her enemy stats and one of the manga chapters. Want a high resistance axe flier who isn't Camilla? Yeah, we don't have that. We don't even have inheritable axe equivalents to Barrier Blade/Berkut's Lance let alone Safeguard/Vanguard or Reprisal Lance where Beruka, Camilla, and Narcian could use to become better mixed tanks. Freaking Haar is probably going to come with Brave Axe or worse, Firesweep Axe causing another Gerome situation where if you want an axe equivalent that can be summoned, you need to sacrifice a limited unit or spend grails. Speaking of which, why the hell do we still not have Blarwolf and B Tomebreaker in the regular summoning pool? At least you can get Keen Gronnwolf through a 5* only summon.

On the upside, I don't have to rely on bad RNG in order to get Haar.  He'll be there, full stop. Grail grinding sucks, but when has it ever been fun?

59 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Aran is persuaded via Laura, so I'd count him, too.  Meg/Volug join under different circumstances, and then there is Fiona.

4 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Eh, it wasn't nearly that deep in RD, and I'd argue it fit the character more in terms of tone. 

so i guess my house is sold

all of their artworks look gorgeous, and they're not exaggerately good (except for caineghis of course)

i have like 12 orbs, so i hope this banner lasts for a whole month

definitely pulling for ranulf and deghinsea

also mordecai's probably demoting (that's what i'm hoping for, at least)