New Heroes Arrive : Out of Gallia (April 10~)

Coolmanio

So, beast again...well, this means an easy skip again. 

Nice to see a 4/5 male ratio including the GHB. But for me, the best about this banner is that now Ranulf and Haar are out of the run for Farfetched Heroes 3. Just let’s hope Lif is out too. 

Also, although they have crappy skills (excluding the obvious whale bait), I don’t think there will be any demote. We all know yet how Greedy Systems work. And I’m still not too convinced that we’ll get demotes in the FE6 banner. 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hell yes. Ranulf doesn't look as great as I'd hoped, but Caineghis looks fantastic, and he'll finally fill out my one currently missing weapon type as well as another unit type.

I think I'll pull for just Caineghis for now and try for one of the cats on a rerun. Might go for Lethe instead of Ranulf, since she looks more fun and won't overlap in color with Kaden if I ever get him. If Mordecai demotes, that'll mean one of each of the new transformations, which is nice.

Haar GHB is weird, but I'm happy to have him. Back when I speculated about an FE9 banner for this slot, I expected an Ashnard GHB, then when the datamine suggested FE10 I switched to thinking Sephiran or maybe Dheginsea. Hopefully they all get added eventually. It's nice to not have to pull for Haar, but a bit disappointing that he won't be as powerful as if he was on Brave Redux. Which... might not end up happening, with Ranulf, Haar, and Caineghis all here now? The top missing males are now Lif at #16 and then Conrad all the way down at #84, followed by Nils at #85 and Shinon at #86. Well, if we round out the expected candidates on other banners and replace it with another new unit banner, I won't complain.

19 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Also, although they have crappy skills (excluding the obvious whale bait), I don’t think there will be any demote. We all know yet how Greedy Systems work. And I’m still not too convinced that we’ll get demotes in the FE6 banner. 

Don't be silly. Thea is far more blatant demote bait than Reyson was, she's a guarantee. Mordecai is less definite, but he shares Thea's distinction of having by suspiciously low popularity compared to the other three. He has a better Link skill than Kaden, but in addition to lower popularity, he has a less novel unit type, a worse C skill, and I'd say not quite as exciting of a weapon.

I'm standing by my theory that the only reason we didn't get demotes on the Fates beasts banner is that it was essentially another Brave Redux banner, and that a demote is still a given for truly normal New Heroes banners.

I'm meh on most of the characters in the banner since my favourite laguz remaining are Volug, Rafiel and Nasir, but I really like the fact we have a 4:1 ratio and the less popular Mordecai got in. Plus Conrad moves up the list for farfetched heroes :D

Only really bothered about Ranulf and Haar on this one but I hope we get more like this in the future. I'll stop complaining about the ratio on seasonal banners if we do, since they'd actually be there to make up female numbers (since Fe has more male charries overall).

FEH keeps playing with my emotions. Releases the rather disastrous channel and then puts out a banner like this...

Blue has never been a kind colour to me, but with the recent cull it looks like it'll go a step further and end up easily being the worst colour on terms of 5* pitybreakers once Thea and Mordy are in the general pool.

I can't help but hear rap lyrics with the banner title (Straight out of Gallia, anyone?) Anyways, spoiled, but still. 

Ranulf (Best cat!) is a green cav (He's not Blue! I think I want to get him already) and he comes with Covert Cat Fang (Def+3, gives Atk/Def +3 to himself and nearby allies if he's in 2 spaces and the usual beast cav transformation), Rally Atk/Def+, Chill Atk and Ward Beasts (Seems like a good support and he's green. I'd bite). Lethe is a red cav with Brazen Cat Fang (Spd +3, Atk/Spd Solo (What the fuck?) and the usual stuff for beast cavs), Moonbow, Spd/Def Solo and Hone Beasts. Mordecai is a blue infantry with Sabertooth Fang (Def +3, If an assist is used by/on him hits enemies in 2 spaces by -4 in all stats, the usual beast infantry stuff.), Smite (:P), Atk/Def Link and Beast Exp (Shame he's Blue honestly). Caineghis is a Colourless Armour (OK, Lion King indeed) and comes with the Lion King Fang (Atk +3, gets +4 to all stats if enemy initiates and when transformed has DC (Excuse me, but WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?), Bonfire, Distant Def 4 (Oh fuck, it gives +8 but also removes foe's bonus. Fuck.), Vengful Fighter and Distant Guard.

So, Caineghis is the sign of what's to come (Fuck), so I think I might try for him regardless. I also think Ranulf's going to be the most likely demote, sadly (Or not). Also, Haar's a GHB, so at least he's free, but a likely disappointment. Lethe would also be one to watch, I guess I'm waiting on the stats for those three (Poor Mordecai, I have only blues so far)

Nice banner and all, even though I don't care for beast units.

On a more important note, why are we getting a "regular" recruitable unit as a GHB again? Tellius has enough big villains left for a few GHB's. And looking at other recruitable characters that ended up as GHB's, Haar's skills and weapons will likely end up dissapointing now (But I'm open to being surprised, I wouldnt mind).

But really besides Oliver, we haven't had any Tellius villains for GHB's. Are they saving them for a banner or something? Ashnard and Sephiran as fallen heroes?

Yeeeess!! More Laguz. And we got the last Laguz royal (Dheginsea who?).

I'm super happy about this banner. Probably won't be able to summon on it because what are orbs? But with the new summoning pool I can get pity broken by them in the future.

2 minutes ago, Opdepov said:

On a more important note, why are we getting a "regular" recruitable unit as a GHB again? Tellius has enough big villains left for a few GHB's. And looking at other recruitable characters that ended up as GHB's, Haar's skills and weapons will likely end up dissapointing now (But I'm open to being surprised, I wouldnt mind).

But really besides Oliver, we haven't had any Tellius villains for GHB's. Are they saving them for a banner or something? Ashnard and Sephiran as fallen heroes?

I would argue that Oliver doesn't count because he is recruitable. So we only have Black Knight as a pure Tellius villain, and they decided to waste their GHB slots on Oliver, Haar and Naesala instead.

I know recruitable enemies have been GHBs since the start (Navarre), but seriously why are they becoming the majority? The exciting aspect about GHBs was to get villains who were never playable in their games. And yet we haven't got a pure villain since Garon and Gharnef. Or we got them in other ways (Duma, Idunn).

Give the GHBs back to the villains, and put Haar somewhere he actually fits!

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I know recruitable enemies have been GHBs since the start (Navarre), but seriously why are they becoming the majority? The exciting aspect about GHBs was to get villains who were never playable in their games. And yet we haven't got a pure villain since Garon and Gharnef. Or we got them in other ways (Duma, Idunn).

And yet, in spite of that, there have been eight characters, to my understanding, to have been hitherto unplayable in any game, and only two of them are GHBs. Granted, part of that is other games having postgame or sidemodes, and also Awakening's Spotpass giving us fan-favourite villains early, but still.

(Of the other six, three are in the regular summonable pool, one is seasonal, and two are Mythic.)

...Though, now that I mention that, RD didn't have any means of recruiting its villains, unlike PoR. Oh wait, Lekain and Valtome weren't on CYL, the odds of them coming ever are through the floor.

Ooof. I knew I should've not spent 100 orbs sniping blue in the legendary, I wish the trailer was before that banner ended.

Never played Tellius so I'm glad to finally be able to (hopefully) try some of these guys out. Interested in Ranulf and Caineghis, and good to know Haar is free.

Meka drew Ranulf, same artist as OG Ike and Silas. Oh and now you can do an almost Heterochromia Emblem (different colour on each eye) with Ranulf, Idunn (her banner ending soon) and Peri (timely with her new refine). I wonder if there's any other FE character with heterochromia?

Caineghis looks strong as a royal should be, and with the lower 5 star colourless pool, it would be nice to get him as well while looking for Ranulf.

Didn't expect Mordecai to make it in but he does fit well in being in the same banner as Lethe. Interesting how he is infantry, while the cats are 'horses' and Caineghis is armour which is unsurprising but fits well. 

but yeah all the art is on point.

Edited by mcsilas

Must be nice to be a gen 3 unit.

Oh, it's so progressive that we have 3 to 1 male ratio. Hip, hip, hooray

Can I complain about Tellius yet or do I have to wait for 2 more banners?

I think, with the introduction of the Gallia beasts after we had the Bird Tribes in January, the next Tellius banner we see will be in July and will center on Goldoa. So, I'm looking at Deghinsea, Kurthnaga, Nasir and Ena, and maybe a Rajaion GHB.

KITTY CAT MAN YAAAAAY! :D

But fuck, he's green... I always have the worst luck pulling that color. :/ I don't think his voice fits him either. But I still have to have him, I waited long enough! I want Lethe too. I doubt I can get both in just 55-60 orbs though. :(

Shame I'm late on posting about this too. I had to go to bed early, I wasn't expecting a trailer until tonight, and I wasn't expecting it to be Tellius again already.

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Bird Tribes in January, the next Tellius banner

*Cough*Nailah*Cough*

Those were just the royals. I don't know if the heron siblings qualify as royals, but they sure are part of a royal family

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For the next far fetched banner, who will take Randulf's place now?

Alfonse the Edgehog

4 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I think, with the introduction of the Gallia beasts after we had the Bird Tribes in January, the next Tellius banner we see will be in July and will center on Goldoa. So, I'm looking at Deghinsea, Kurthnaga, Nasir and Ena, and maybe a Rajaion GHB.

You forgot the best dragon of them all: G A R E T H

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

And yet, in spite of that, there have been eight characters, to my understanding, to have been hitherto unplayable in any game, and only two of them are GHBs. Granted, part of that is other games having postgame or sidemodes, and also Awakening's Spotpass giving us fan-favourite villains early, but still.

(Of the other six, three are in the regular summonable pool, one is seasonal, and two are Mythic.)

...Though, now that I mention that, RD didn't have any means of recruiting its villains, unlike PoR. Oh wait, Lekain and Valtome weren't on CYL, the odds of them coming ever are through the floor.

To be fair you can be a villain and be playable in some other mode (Ashnard, Lyon), or be unplayable, but not a villain (Yune, Greil).

The first type I would like to be relegated to GHBs, while the second type I would prefer to see come in other ways.

Wait, this is considered an RD banner? That's very weird, all these characters played bigger roles in PoR with Ranulf as an arguable exception. Haar though, I would categorize as RD.

I think they picked the wrong colors for these guys, btw. I think it should've been:

Ranulf - blue

Lethe - green

Caineghis - red

Mordecai - colorless

I am glad that we are getting a Forging Bonds with this banner, so I can use the tickets and don't spend my orbs. The only one that really got my attention is Caineghis. Lethe is also cool. I Couldn't care less for Ranulf, and about Mordecai... he has a interesting weapon, which can be useful for Aether Raids or when we get a Link Skill Seal.

I believe we will get a demotion in this banner, because Reyson is the only 5★-4★ Hero that we have (at least until the end of the Beyond Darkness banner), and Mordecai doesn't have any interesting new skill to fodder, so he can be a good candidate for demotion.. Atk/Def Link can be found in Sumia and Laevatein, and Beast EXP is pretty meh.

Ranulf could be a demotion candidate too, but he has a Dual Rally+ skill, so this will not happen.

I will summon use the tickets and all colorless orbs in the same circle, and that's all.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

7 hours ago, Lewyn said:

3 males to 1 female which is refreshing to see as well.  

IntSys is  preparing us for the Brides Banner, which there is a chance of no male characters in the banner again.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

They're really piling on the beasts.

Ranulf as a character and Caineghis as a unit are the ones I want the most. No Muarim or Volug so I may or may not pull after I've exhausted the tickets.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

IntSys is  preparing us for the Brides Banner, which there is a chance of no male characters in the banner again.

Oh right. Is this in May? Now that they've used some of the more love-centric characters I wonder who they'll choose. I wouldn't mind something less... awkward, however. Casual summer clothes? Casual summer clothes.

8 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Ranulf as a character and Caineghis as a unit are the ones I want the most.

Ditto. Though I kind of want Lethe for a more well-rounded beast cavalry team.