New Heroes Arrive : Out of Gallia (April 10~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Really gotta wonder who the scenario writer is for book III cause they're doing a hel of a lot better than whoever wrote books I and II

To be fair, Book II handled itself decently at first. Surtur was a major threat, he was invading, and he was seriously threatening. But then Surtur went and pulled the whole, "I can revive myself even if you kill me" bit that he had become stale. 

So the question here is how will they work this? 

Also, sad that Hel is sounding like she wants them dead because she gains power the more that dies. But the bit about Eir having literally thousands of lives that resulted in her death a shitton of times is terrifying. 

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Alfonse with the Xanatos Gambit on Hel!

I loved the bit about how the Hel literally opened up something that proves that she CAN die. 

Alfonse saying that if she curses him, then for those 9 days, he's unkillable, and that there must be a method to kill her that he can search for in those 9 days, and Hel immedaitely withheld her curse.

19 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Haar had no reason to be expected to be given an exclusive weapon.

But was Haar expected to be a GHB unit in a banner that was clearly about laguz? Jill would have been a more fitting GHB unit coinciding with this banner. 

23 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

But was Haar expected to be a GHB unit in a banner that was clearly about laguz? Jill would have been a more fitting GHB unit coinciding with this banner. 

Neither of them should be the GHB honestly. If you want my opinion, the GHB should have been Petrine, considering she chases the Greil Mercenaries into Gallia early on in Path of Radiance

Spoiler

and also is a Tiger Branded.

I got Lethe in two pulls (though she's -ATK), then while aiming to get another Lethe got my first Laevatein and my second Leif. Not bad; now to grab some more orbs from maps I've yet to clear.

Though, I noticed the Gallia banner's only 16 days compared to the month-long Binding Blade banner. Dunno what that was about last month...?

21 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Though, I noticed the Gallia banner's only 16 days compared to the month-long Binding Blade banner. Dunno what that was about last month...?

I think this Banner is a bit short because of Golden Week. Binding Blade's Banner was unusually long, but I think this one has a reason for being rather short

54 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

No, but that’s what we got and as such there was no reason to expect him to have a personal weapon in this scenario. If we got this same Haar on a Farfetched type banner, then the complaints would definitely be warranted. 

Meanwhile, I’m more fixated on the fact that [DATAMINE]:

Spoiler

IS chose now of all times to break the string of GHB units with a default special as Haar allegedly has Swap. Something tells me he was originally planned to be a TT unit instead, but then they decided against that because they realized that would make the Gerome parallels even more blatant.

So this game clearly still hates me. I'm currently at a stupid 9 to 5 ratio of pitybreakers to banner units, like always. EDIT: 10 to 5 now. At least the most recent was Tibarn.

And so much for the summoning pool cleanup because 2 of those pitybreakers are Reinhardt, who is probably now the unit in the 5-star summoning pool that I have the least use for (he's already +10 and +Atk, and his Skill Inheritance value is non-existent). Figures.

Free orbs from now to the end of the month are going to getting a second copy of Lethe.

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Gharnef would like to have a word with you. As would Panne.

Edited by Ice Dragon

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I see zero value in a unit being unique. In fact, having multiple nearly interchangeable characters is actually a benefit for game modes that restrict you from using multiple of the same character.

From a pure gameplay perspective, being viable is more important than being unique.

The more characters and units are added to the game, the less likely a unit is going to be unique. We're going to get more and more units with similar stats to each other simply because there's only so much wiggle room to assign stats while sticking to a specific stat spread archetype.

Common stat spread archetypes like Atk-Spd-focused sword infantry, Atk-Def-focused sword infantry, Atk-Spd-focused lance flier, Atk-Def-focused axe flier, and Atk-Spd-focused ranged units are guaranteed to have significant overlap, and are just going to have more overlap as more units are released.

Lugh, for example, was literally just Nino or Rhajat with modern stat total improvements.

I don't mind "palette swaps" as long as the stat spread itself is still viable. They're going to happen eventually whether we like it to or not, and it's simply due to running out of unique-looking permutations of stats and isn't entirely under the developers' control.

EDIT: Looks like this banner runs only for 17 days, so until April 27. Ugh.

On the other hand, I got Caineghis [+HP, -Res] on my first summon circle (and my millionth sword Reinhardt 2 sessions later).

Game modes that prevent multiples of same character is incredibly specific and unusual case, you can just use multiples of Cherche or Gerome.  Also I don't know how there is 'zero' value in being unique, being unique means it adds something to your roster.  Being a copy only works in those specific cases.  Also it isn't like oh Haar is copying an incredible top tier 35/35 statline.  I can see why there is overlap on those incredible 'best' stat lines of high attack/high speed cause it is so coveted.  This is just laziness I am not excusing them like 'they ran out of ideas'.  I'm sure Jill if she comes, will be on a banner and blow Haar out of the water.  Axe fliers are also not a bloated pool so there is a lot of ways to go.

Lugh is gen3 and comes with Serpent tome at least.  Modern stat improvements are still something to be coveted also.  However do you think Haar would be so generic and boring if he were on a banner?  Considering his popularity highly doubt it.  

17 days long really sucks, I'm going to have to get lucky considering how few orbs I have, unless they have some huge orb bonus soon.  

6 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Lugh is gen3 and comes with Serpent tome at least.  Modern stat improvements are still something to be coveted also.  However do you think Haar would be so generic and boring if he were on a banner?  Considering his popularity highly doubt it.  

His skill set probably would be better; but he would pretty much still suffer from "boring stat-line" like it does right now, because representing his stats in another way doesn't make sense.

4 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Also it isn't like oh Haar is copying an incredible top tier 35/35 statline.

37 Atk and 36 Def is an impressive enemy phase stat spread for a non-armor. But people here seem to think Brave Axe is the only weapon in the game.

6 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Axe fliers are also not a bloated pool so there is a lot of ways to go.

Haar in the main-series games is a high-Atk, high-Def unit, which happens to also be the most common stat spread for dragon knights. It is no surprise at all that there is significant overlap with this stat spread, just like the significant overlap with swordmaster and pegasus knight stat spreads.

10 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

However do you think Haar would be so generic and boring if he were on a banner?  Considering his popularity highly doubt it.  

They'd possibly have given him an exclusive weapon or min-maxed his stats a bit more (though I'd see him getting more Def rather than Atk in that case) if here were on a banner, but that's really about it.

And the recent Binding Blade banner actually subverted expectations for exclusive weapons by giving us 3 banner units with generic weapons, so there's really no way to say on that end. Maybe he'd have gotten Vanguard Axe instead and then faced the wrath of those of us who still complain about Poleaxe, Blarwolf, and B Tomebreaker still being exclusive to Grail units.

13 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Any recommendations for Ranulfs A skill, I got -Spd/+Res if that matters.

Any A skill that boosts Atk/Spd, such as Fury, Swift Sparrow, etc. You might want Desperation as well if you do not have a Heron or a healer to heal him back up.

With the way beast cavalry are set up, it is kind of waste to use them as Enemy Phase units.

6 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Neither of them should be the GHB honestly. If you want my opinion, the GHB should have been Petrine, considering she chases the Greil Mercenaries into Gallia early on in Path of Radiance

Hide contents

and also is a Tiger Branded.

Or Kezhda. I don't care if no one knows who he is; black cat would be awesome!

Luck kinda went from 0 to 100. Didn't get anything over about 70 orbs and three summon tickets, and then got Ranulf and Caineghis in back-to-back sessions. Cain is +def/-HP which is pretty cool. Ranulf is +res/-HP which is less cool, but makes him basically a tiny bit worse than neutral, and either way, I'm not going to complain. Still have about 30 orbs plus story orbs, and while I'd like Lethe and Mordecai, I'm not really dying for them, so will go back to saving for the legendary or when Hrid comes back.

45 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Or Kezhda. I don't care if no one knows who he is; black cat would be awesome!

Luck kinda went from 0 to 100. Didn't get anything over about 70 orbs and three summon tickets, and then got Ranulf and Caineghis in back-to-back sessions. Cain is +def/-HP which is pretty cool. Ranulf is +res/-HP which is less cool, but makes him basically a tiny bit worse than neutral, and either way, I'm not going to complain. Still have about 30 orbs plus story orbs, and while I'd like Lethe and Mordecai, I'm not really dying for them, so will go back to saving for the legendary or when Hrid comes back.

Oh yeah I forgot about Kezhda

I feel like my brain needs to reboot every time I see Ranulf is a green unit and not blue like the color of his fur.

Hey, I'm cool with Haar as the GHB unit (I just want him in the game, period), but yeah if it were up to me and I was trying to put in a unit people want, but don't want to spend orbs for, I'd go with a good old sword infantry w/ slaying edge. Hey, Zihark is a cat lover right? Perfect for this banner.

Edited by Glennstavos

Just now, Glennstavos said:

I feel like my brain needs to reboot every time I see Ranulf is a green unit and not blue like the color of his fur.

Honestly I can't blame you there. I was expecting Ranulf to be a blue beast unit cuz...well he's a blue cat. Although that would've meant he'd be color sharing with Mordecai, so I get why he's a green beast unit.

24 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Same thing with Caineghis being colorless with all that red fur and Lethe being the red one instead of green.

I think Stefan would be have been a good GHB candidate too only being recruitable by Lethe or Mordecai in PoR along with Mordecai being one of his only supports, oh and he’s branded of course which connects him to the Laguz.

Although he’d probably make more sense in a banner with Tormod and Muarim.

28 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

But he has no personality. 

T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶r̶r̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶R̶o̶b̶i̶n̶s̶

34 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

But he has no personality. 

With the trend of supports/characters, this might be for the best. :P:

I don't think this banner wants to give me anything.  Need to farm up 30 orbs for two more full summons (read: the amount of summon tickets I have remaining).  This might take a while.