Forging Bonds: A Trust Earned (April 10th)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True. Though I think that's weird since she's not a child...

Keaton calls her pup, rest of the cast calls her pup. Heroes calls her a pup. She went through a hyperbolic time chamber to age into an adult with the rest of Fates' Gen 2 and grew up isolated from the world... She's a pup by all definitions.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Keaton calls her pup, rest of the cast calls her pup. Heroes calls her a pup. She went through a hyperbolic time chamber to age into an adult with the rest of Fates' Gen 2 and grew up isolated from the world... She's a pup by all definitions.

Still weird. Because, well, the whole baby realm thing is stupid weird. But oh well.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Still weird. Because, well, the whole baby realm thing is stupid weird. But oh well.

For the record, Ranulf is definitely talking about Velouria since in the Spanish version he specifies that's it's a girl he met.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

For the record, Ranulf is definitely talking about Velouria since in the Spanish version he specifies that's it's a girl he met.

Okay, but is that also the case in Japanese, I wonder? That'd be even more official.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The Awakening sons and daughters were often called children despite being grown-ups and at least that time travel plot made more sense, so it's more consistent that the Fates sons and daughters were called the same and Velouria's the pup, Deeprealms writing or not. Velouria also calls Keaton "daddy". Definitely childish compared to the "mother" and "father" nouns others use.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

The Awakening sons and daughters were often called children despite being grown-ups and at least that time travel plot made more sense, so it's more consistent that the Fates sons and daughters were called the same and Velouria's the pup, Deeprealms writing or not. Velouria also calls Keaton "daddy". Definitely childish compared to the "mother" and "father" nouns others use.

They were? I don't remember that, but it has been quite some time since I last played Awakening due to a lack of interest in it, so I'll have to take your word for it.

I like the focus on Mordecai in the group conversations. (Or at least the first one, I haven't seen more yet because Lethe refused to give me points for two x2 hours straight. Everyone else was burning through their convos and there she was, at 0 points. It's hilariously in-character so I don't mind.) Less convinced by his individual convos, but that might be because of Fjorm. I'm all for her spending what's left of her life doing whatever she wants, but trying to become a Disney princess and being really bad at it isn't that interesting. Worth it for the accessories, though.

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, but is that also the case in Japanese, I wonder? That'd be even more official.

He uses the word 子 (ko),

そういや一人、変わったを見かけたな。
俺の尻尾を見て「いい毛玉がとれそう」とか
言ってたっけ…

which means "child". While gender-neutral, its usage is generally limited to younger children for males whereas it's not uncommon to still refer to females with the word even through high school or later.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He uses the word 子 (ko),

そういや一人、変わったを見かけたな。
俺の尻尾を見て「いい毛玉がとれそう」とか
言ってたっけ…

which means "child". While gender-neutral, its usage is generally limited to younger children for males whereas it's not uncommon to still refer to females with the word even through high school or later.

Oh, okay. I see.

On ‎11‎-‎4‎-‎2019 at 6:45 AM, NoirCore said:

On average the second gens in Awakening do seem to be younger than the first gens. There are exceptions like Lissa and Ricken of course but most first gens seem to be adults in their early 20's while most second gens seem late teenagers and thus ''children''.

On ‎11‎-‎4‎-‎2019 at 4:24 AM, Anacybele said:

Still weird. Because, well, the whole baby realm thing is stupid weird.

Yes, extremely stupid. Probably the worst case of Fates writing to be found in a game full of Fates writing.

BTW, anyone that played Echoes should have laughed at Alfonse and Caineghis S Support conversation, where Caineghis basically smacks down the little speech Alm tried to give about how there's no difference between a princess and a commoner. 

Just need about 2 more runs to finish up Lethe and I'll be done~ Needed to finish this ASAP~ 

I liked most of the Conversations, Mordecai and Caineghis were my favorites. Alfonse having mentors in these has been nice and Caineghis is a really cool character and Mordecai is just a precious boi~ The others were pretty forgettable, I honestly don't remember what Ranulf's was about but that's probably because I got through most of his on the first day. Lethe's was alright but kinda meh~ 

The ACCESSORIES WERE ON POINT THOUGH~ I love them all, sad I'm running out of units to give them to~

Mordecai is such a precious boy. I really wanted to give him a big hug in the FB conversation.

Caenaghis also has some legit good dialogue with Alphonse about the duties of a ruler.
I don't really care that much for Ranulf's and Lethe's dialogue.

21 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm liking this FB enough and still need to clean it out...but I'm mostly here just so I can leave this here:

Hide contents

nwAIKsu.png

Mistakes Were Made: AI Edition

Effie, her MIND

Story spoiler, maybe?

Spoiler

I'm confused, is Fjorm dead or not?  She's been completely absent from Book 3, yet in Alfonse's conversations with the Lion King here, it seems to place it after he has become king.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Story spoiler, maybe?

Hide contents

I'm confused, is Fjorm dead or not?  She's been completely absent from Book 3, yet in Alfonse's conversations with the Lion King here, it seems to place it after he has become king.

No I doubt that. I got no indication during this that he is such now. It's basically similar to Tibarn from one of the earlier Forging Bonds with them simply giving Alfonse their own perspectives.

As for Fjorm.....honestly I wouldn't mind if they just dropped the whole "die by Rite of Frost" thing unless they plan to actually do something with it. Unless it has some actual relevance later on in the story, they might as well just drop it.

9 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

No I doubt that. I got no indication during this that he is such now. It's basically similar to Tibarn from one of the earlier Forging Bonds with them simply giving Alfonse their own perspectives.

As for Fjorm.....honestly I wouldn't mind if they just dropped the whole "die by Rite of Frost" thing unless they plan to actually do something with it. Unless it has some actual relevance later on in the story, they might as well just drop it.

Spoiler

If she's not dead, she has no reason to have not appeared in Book 3.  And if she did die, you'd think they'd have mentioned it at least, especially since they're marching into the land of the dead.  "Hey, wonder if we'll have to fight Zombie Fjorm in here?"

I really liked this Forging Bonds, I think it's the best we've had so far. Mordecai really deserved that spotlight and Caineghis's dialogue, both with Mordecai and Alfonse was very well done. Which proves that people at Intelligent Systems can definitely write good interactions between characters, they just do it every once in a very long time, I wonder why...

i'm amazed, this forging bonds events' conversations are really good, caineghis and mordecai in particular

i hope for FEH's writing to always be this good

@Rezzy At this point, I'm taking it to have been a convenient excuse for Fjorm to stick around Askr instead of returning to her royal duties in Nifl. I think she's still supposed to be alive, just they haven't had an occasion to include her in the story chapters thus far. Look at how absent Veronica and Loki have been.

But yeah, they really should drop it or do something with it as @Sentinel07 said.