Is Jill coming to Heroes soon?

Gregster101

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

For what it's worth, she's Serenes's most wanted character (by a pretty large margin and for quite a long time). Not that were an accurate measure of the fan base, but yeah there's certainly demand for her. Within the next nine months it seems likely.

That's assuring at least

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, between the laguz being added, Yune being a Mythic, and the Greil's Devoted banner, Tellius is finally getting the love it's needed for awhile! Just gotta top it off with legendary Elincia this month and that'd make it all perfect, imo. But I won't be too bummed if it isn't her, since it's still quite a bit of Tellius love as is. :)

There's only one character worthy of that legendary spot.

Legendary Makalov when? :P:

21 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

What I'm thinking about moreso with this "hint" is who could Haar have as a related character instead of Jill? Not a lot of corrupt Begnions and PoR Daeins around, so the closest I could think of would be Elincia.

Perhaps one of the corrupt Begnion senators?  Or Jill's dad?  Possibly Petrine.  I hope it's not Petrine.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Perhaps one of the corrupt Begnion senators?  Or Jill's dad?  Possibly Petrine.  I hope it's not Petrine.

Don't even joke about that cursed thing

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Don't even joke about that cursed thing

Oh, did I accidentally type "Legendary Kyza"?  I'm pretty sure I didn't~! :P:

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

...Are you suggesting alternative GHBs in place of Haar? Because I was talking about who Haar could have had as a "Closely Associated Character" on the website.

Of the Tellius characters in Heroes, the only characters Haar has interacted with are Ike (base conversation in RD 3-5), Elincia (base conversation in 2-E, Talk in 2-P), and by a stretch of a technicality, Mist (base conversation in PoR 19). As a former Begnion soldier, it is also reasonable that Haar is acquainted with Oliver and Zelgius, but just never got the opportunity to interact with them because of how the game is structured. (Sanaki was born after Haar left.)

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...Are you suggesting alternative GHBs in place of Haar? Because I was talking about who Haar could have had as a "Closely Associated Character" on the website.

Of the Tellius characters in Heroes, the only characters Haar has interacted with are Ike (base conversation in RD 3-5), Elincia (base conversation in 2-E, Talk in 2-P), and by a stretch of a technicality, Mist (base conversation in PoR 19). As a former Begnion soldier, it is also reasonable that Haar is acquainted with Oliver and Zelgius, but just never got the opportunity to interact with them because of how the game is structured. (Sanaki was born after Haar left.)

Other people who Haar has a connection with. . .though he doesn't mention which senator(s) he's dealt with, only that the dracoknights were under them.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Other people who Haar has a connection with. . .though he doesn't mention which senator(s) he's dealt with, only that the dracoknights were under them.

Including Hetzel, Valtome, Shiharam or Petrine just loops around to the same conversation of "this is the first time the Closely Associated list has included a character not yet in the game", just with a less popular/likely character instead. Besides, only Shiharam has comparable associations to Jill if we're drawing from a pool of 'everybody'.

(Including Lekain or Numida would require IS acknowledge them as important characters on the level of SoV's Brigand Boss.)

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

Including Hetzel, Valtome, Shiharam or Petrine just loops around to the same conversation of "this is the first time the Closely Associated list has included a character not yet in the game", just with a less popular/likely character instead. Besides, only Shiharam has comparable associations to Jill if we're drawing from a pool of 'everybody'.

(Including Lekain or Numida would require IS acknowledge them as important characters on the level of SoV's Brigand Boss.)

I'd argue that Lekain would be the most likely of the senators, since he's the main boss of the first floor of the tower.

Still, I doubt this will be the last time this happens.  Otherwise, Thracia is in for a rough set of banners (if/when IS acknowledges them properly).

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Still, I doubt this will be the last time this happens.  Otherwise, Thracia is in for a rough set of banners (if/when IS acknowledges them properly).

Time will tell- if it happens again before Jill arrives, it's a fortunate precedent that doesn't constrain the writers of the website.

But if Thracia actually gets a good banner with five or six characters across it and the GHB/TT, you could probably scramble something decent together between having Leif, Nanna and Finn, plus whoever you bring. Mareeta, Evyel, Orsin, Ced, Galzus could probably just use those eight (and Lewyn).

6 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Haar and the Senators, brings to mind these classic boss convos (RD SPOILERS):

Spoiler

Haar vs Lekain

Haar: Why is it that authority figures are always so unwilling to let go of their power? The world could flip upside down and you’d be trying to boss around gravity.
Lekain: You clearly know nothing of me, lout! To oppose me is to oppose the goddess Ashera herself!
Haar: That’s strange… I always thought that role was filled by the apostle. But who can keep up these days? So you’re defending the goddess… but will she do the same for you?

Why didn't Haar get an Axe that warps gravity temporarily? Except rather than increase it downwards, it makes it decrease/reverse to upwards.

And apparently Hetzel at least had seen Haar once before.:

Haar vs Hetzel

Hetzel: Wait… I remember you… You were one of the dracoknights that fled to Daein, defying the senators… You opposed the almighty Begnion and the word of the goddess… Why? Why would you defy such power?
Haar: You could live another lifetime, and you’d still never understand.

Sephiran knew him as well:

Haar vs Sephiran

Haar: We never spent much time together when I was in Begnion. But, Sephiran… I think I know you pretty well.
Sephiran: I haven’t forgotten you, Haar. Shiharam’s hotshot young protege. You were both exemplary soldiers. Your defection from the Begnion dracoknights was a huge loss.
Haar: Hmmm… Sort of like the huge loss when the senators managed to defeat all those great changes you proposed?
Sephiran: …
Haar: I suppose if any of those changes had happened, we wouldn’t be here now. Am I wrong?
Sephiran: An interesting question… I’m honestly not sure, but that’s all I can say about that.
Haar: Too bad. For you, and for me.

Lastly, Zelgius's Water Boy knows of Haar:

Haar vs Levail

Levail: Captain Haar! You are still alive!
Haar: What happened that you didn’t expect me to survive?
Levail: Um… Nothing, I suppose. It’s just that it’s been a while since you left Begnion.
Haar: Yeah. Twenty years ago, wasn’t it?
Levail: I was still very young at the time. You had just been dubbed a knight. Oh, it brings back such memories… The bravery of the dracoknights, especially the Fizzart Platoon. It was legendary among the soldiers. But then you suddenly defected to Daein.
Haar: I got sick of taking orders from corrupt senators, so I ditched the country with General Shiharam.
Levail: I joined the army after I came of age. But it was different after you all left. It was as if you took its spirit with you. The only exception was General Zelgius, the general of Duke Persis’s army.
Haar: I see. Is that why you’re under his command?
Levail: Yes. He is the last true knight. I will die for him.
Haar: Yes, Levail. You will.
Levail: How I dreamed of fighting a proper foe! I am honored, Sir Haar! Have at you!

:Haar:

34 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Oh, did I accidentally type "Legendary Kyza"?  I'm pretty sure I didn't~! :P:

How is Legendary Anderson Cooper cursed?

And Makalov would be good for a Legendary- if his weapon was shouting to Ike/Marcia saying he is being violently attacked by loansharks, and then while they harbor no love for him, they'll save his sorry bum and attack the creditors. They won't attack the peaceful creditors though- Makalov has to pay those back.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

You speak as if "corrupt" and "Begnion Senator" are mutually exclusive terms.

29 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Say what you will about Hetzel and Sephiran, but they're not corrupt.

I think betraying your empress and trying to bring about the destruction of the entire world is pretty corrupt. And knowing about a tonne of corruption and not lifting a finger to stop any of it is rather corrupt too. #HetzelDiedForAReason

51 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I think betraying your empress and trying to bring about the destruction of the entire world is pretty corrupt. And knowing about a tonne of corruption and not lifting a finger to stop any of it is rather corrupt too. #HetzelDiedForAReason

I never said they weren't in the wrong. They're just not corrupt.

"Corrupt" implies perverting their political positions for personal gain. They never really betrayed their office, they just happened to be villains in power.

32 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I never said they weren't in the wrong. They're just not corrupt.

"Corrupt" implies perverting their political positions for personal gain. They never really betrayed their office, they just happened to be villains in power.

Again, trying to destroy the entire world including the country you work for is a pretty big betrayal. I'm sure the position of prime minister comes with some form of oath saying you have to protect the people which Sephiran was doing the very opposite of.

Also Hetzel was complicit in the betrayal of Sanaki at the end of chapter 3 by not declaring his allegiance to her when she was branded a traitor (which he most certainly knew wasn't true). Anything before that he could have got away with being described as merely hapless, but from that point on he was actively working to overthrow his monarch even through inaction.

Edited by Jotari

On 4/9/2019 at 11:59 AM, eclipse said:

Who knows.  Hopefully, IS learned from their mistake of flooding the game with units from a single series (hi Fates), and doesn't do it again.

Why would that be a bad thing?

It's pretty clear to me that Tellius Duology is the most beloved in the series & if they get nothing but new heroes & no alts why would anyone but upset other than the fans who prefer any other game in the series?

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Again, trying to destroy the entire world including the country you work for is a pretty big betrayal. I'm sure the position of prime minister comes with some form of oath saying you have to protect the people which Sephiran was doing the very opposite of.

I wouldn't quite use the word "corrupt" for Sephiran- although I am one of their bigger fans as a disclaimer. "Insanity from despair" I think is better to describe them, not that in a court of law an insanity defense would have got them an innocent verdict- it certainly would not have.

Corrupt to me sounds more like you want money or power or prestige without mental illness barring maybe narcissism, none of which Sephiran sought, nor was he narcissistic.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't quite use the word "corrupt" for Sephiran- although I am one of their bigger fans as a disclaimer. "Insanity from despair" I think is better to describe them, not that in a court of law an insanity defense would have got them an innocent verdict- it certainly would not have.

Corrupt to me sounds more like you want money or power or prestige without mental illness barring maybe narcissism, none of which Sephiran sought, nor was he narcissistic.

I'm confused. Are you referring to both Sephiran and Hetzel, or are you trying not avoid using male pronouns to refer to Sephiran for some reason?

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'm confused. Are you referring to both Sephiran and Hetzel, or are you trying not avoid using male pronouns to refer to Sephiran for some reason?

Just Sephiran, where did I once refer to Hetzel?

And I didn't realize I had mostly avoided male pronouns and instead stuck to English's gender neutral but ambiguously plural words. It just seemed just as natural that way.

Hetzel is definitely not insane in any capacity.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just Sephiran, where did I once refer to Hetzel?

And I didn't realize I had mostly avoided male pronouns and instead stuck to English's gender neutral but ambiguously plural words. It just seemed just as natural that way.

Hetzel is definitely not insane in any capacity.

English is a very flawed language m but honestly, that's what makes it beautiful.

That is interesting. I think it's a possibility based on that. Part of me wants there to be more Tellius banners this year, but the other part doesn't see it as fair considering I can't stand it when Fates gets so many banners. I wish they did what they did with Echoes and had two new banners at once. I also have a thought in the back of my head that they'll be doing Tellius and Binding Blade banners all year. Guess we'll see.

Edited by SSbardock84

12 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Why would that be a bad thing?

It's pretty clear to me that Tellius Duology is the most beloved in the series & if they get nothing but new heroes & no alts why would anyone but upset other than the fans who prefer any other game in the series?

Just because it's good for you doesn't mean that it's good for every last FE fan.  By focusing on Tellius, it means that my favorites from Jugdral/Archanea aren't going to get in because the banners are set in another world.  I'm not the only one with favorites outside of Tellius, either.  I want equal representation for all.