Is Jill coming to Heroes soon?

Gregster101

On 10/04/2019 at 9:26 AM, Jotari said:

For what it's worth, she's Serenes's most wanted character (by a pretty large margin and for quite a long time). Not that were an accurate measure of the fan base, but yeah there's certainly demand for her. Within the next nine months it seems likely.

A bit late to the party but, considering Louise is heavily pushed by Mangs, I do think Jill is likely the 2nd most wanted at this point. 2nd because she likely doesn't have Anna beat.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'd like for them to start experimenting with more multi series banner (like my proposed Dead Characters only banner for the current story mode, shameless plug). Jill could maybe get in without the full need for a Tellius banner. Like some kind of Ladies of War banner featuring her Melady and Altena. How many multi game banners have we had so far? Fallen Heroes is the only one that springs to my mind aside from seasonals (and the obvious skills based banner that don't actually introduce any new characters).

I honestly do wish we would get Cross Game banners again. I even made a topic about it

5 minutes ago, Cysx said:

A bit late to the party but, considering Louise is heavily pushed by Mangs, I do think Jill is likely the 2nd most wanted at this point. 2nd because she likely doesn't have Anna beat.

I'm pretty confident Louise will be added before Farfetched because it would just feel wrong to add her without Pent

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'd like for them to start experimenting with more multi series banner (like my proposed Dead Characters only banner for the current story mode, shameless plug). Jill could maybe get in without the full need for a Tellius banner. Like some kind of Ladies of War banner featuring her Melady and Altena. How many multi game banners have we had so far? Fallen Heroes is the only one that springs to my mind aside from seasonals (and the obvious skills based banner that don't actually introduce any new characters).

That's certainly an option. Even sticking more to stuff with recent precedent, Farfetched Heroes could work. With Bruno, Haar, Ranulf, and Caineghis all being added in the past month, I started questioning its likelihood, but they could do a gender-imbalanced one or just dig a bit further past Caineghis to Conrad, Nils, and Shinon.

Jill is now the third highest-ranked female Farfetched Heroes candidate, after Awakening Anna and Louise. If either or both of those get added somewhere else, she becomes a safe bet if a Farfetched Heroes banner happens at all, even another gender-balanced one. If they put Louise and Nils on an FE7 banner, that'd suggest an Anna/Conrad/Jill banner plus Shinon GHB, which works out nicely color-wise.

Even if Jill gets in another way, I hope we get more Tellius villains at some point. Ashera is a safe bet as a mythic, but there are other noteworthy ones as well, particularly Ashnard.

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I'm pretty confident Louise will be added before Farfetched because it would just feel wrong to add her without Pent

Tell that to all the people surprised by other associated characters being split up. Like Haar and Jill.

Louise and Pent being added together is possible, but it's not something to assume Heroes will necessarily go for.

Edited by Othin

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's certainly an option. Even sticking more to stuff with recent precedent, Farfetched Heroes could work. With Bruno, Haar, Ranulf, and Caineghis all being added in the past month, I started questioning its likelihood, but they could do a gender-imbalanced one or just dig a bit further past Caineghis to Conrad, Nils, and Shinon.

Jill is now the third highest-ranked female Farfetched Heroes candidate, after Awakening Anna and Louise. If either or both of those get added somewhere else, she becomes a safe bet if a Farfetched Heroes banner happens at all, even another gender-balanced one. If they put Louise and Nils on an FE7 banner, that'd suggest an Anna/Conrad/Jill banner plus Shinon GHB, which works out nicely color-wise.

Even if Jill gets in another way, I hope we get more Tellius villains at some point. Ashera is a safe bet as a mythic, but there are other noteworthy ones as well, particularly Ashnard.

Tell that to all the people surprised by other associated characters being split up. Like Haar and Jill.

Louise and Pent being added together is possible, but it's not something to assume Heroes will necessarily go for.

Honestly, if you want my opinion, Petrine should've been the GHB for the Gallia banner instead of Haar. She chases the Greil Mercenaries into Gallia early on in Path of Radiance and is also a Tiger branded. If anything, now would've been the perfect time to add her.

Here's the thing though, whereas Jill and Haar spend time apart from each other in both PoR and RD, Pent and Louise are literally a package deal with each other. If either one of them is defeated in FE7, you lose the other as well. In other words, you can't really have one without the other.

43 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Honestly, if you want my opinion, Petrine should've been the GHB for the Gallia banner instead of Haar. She chases the Greil Mercenaries into Gallia early on in Path of Radiance and is also a Tiger branded. If anything, now would've been the perfect time to add her.

Here's the thing though, whereas Jill and Haar spend time apart from each other in both PoR and RD, Pent and Louise are literally a package deal with each other. If either one of them is defeated in FE7, you lose the other as well. In other words, you can't really have one without the other.

This was classified as an FE10 banner, since that's the game where Caineghis is playable (and because people wanted more FE10 units, I guess). So Petrine didn't qualify due to not being in FE10. And Haar is a lot more popular, anyway.

A minor gameplay mechanic that isn't even relevant to anyone who keeps all their units alive is not the sort of thing Heroes uses to decide its character choices. It's very clear by now that Heroes will do all sorts of strange things if it thinks it's profitable.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

This was classified as an FE10 banner, since that's the game where Caineghis is playable (and because people wanted more FE10 units, I guess). So Petrine didn't qualify due to not being in FE10. And Haar is a lot more popular, anyway.

A minor gameplay mechanic that isn't even relevant to anyone who keeps all their units alive is not the sort of thing Heroes uses to decide its character choices. It's very clear by now that Heroes will do all sorts of strange things if it thinks it's profitable.

I'd like to remind you that they added fucking Panne from Awakening as a GHB alongside a Fates banner.

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I'd like to remind you that they added fucking Panne from Awakening as a GHB alongside a Fates banner.

Hmm. That's true.

My point about Petrine being a much lower priority than Haar due to her lower popularity still stands, though. Looking at CYL2 (since these banners were planned before CYL3 happened): Haar got 4,784 total votes between his two versions, while Petrine got 514. Panne scored slightly above Haar, at 4,930. It makes sense that they'd only make exceptions like that for sufficiently popular units.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hmm. That's true.

My point about Petrine being a much lower priority than Haar due to her lower popularity still stands, though. Looking at CYL2 (since these banners were planned before CYL3 happened): Haar got 4,784 total votes between his two versions, while Petrine got 514. Panne scored slightly above Haar, at 4,930. It makes sense that they'd only make exceptions like that for sufficiently popular units.

Still thought it was worth mentioning.

7 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

What if Louise is added in Farfetched and ends up taking Jill's spot just because of Mangs? I'm guessing you'll be pissed at Mangs. 

34 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

What if Louise is added in Farfetched and ends up taking Jill's spot just because of Mangs? I'm guessing you'll be pissed at Mangs. 

Given that Louise had an amazing total of 659 votes back in CYL1 (while both versions of Jill got around 1,500 votes each then), I''d say being pissed in that scenario is entirely justified when it's clear that Louise's "popularity" is entirely fabricated.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Given that Louise had an amazing total of 659 votes back in CYL1 (while both versions of Jill got around 1,500 votes each then), I''d say being pissed in that scenario is entirely justified when it's clear that Louise's "popularity" is entirely fabricated.

Hmm, I hadn't realized the discrepancy was that large. I bet IS has picked up on it, though, and they might aim to put her on an FE7 banner rather than a Farfetched banner as a result. Could take some time, though.

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Dunno about fabricated, she was fairly popular back when FE7 was out (but more for her looks than anything).

But if Louise is on a banner, then I demand Pent for equality's sake.

Yes...Louise without Pent would be weird. 

Anyway, Jill, meh, I don’t care for her. Petrine, despite being less popular, would at least have a unique weapon unless they go and troll the playerbase by giving her...Firesweep L+....

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

It's also a path of Radiance map they used for Haar rather than a Radiant Dawn one.

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Well, considering I stopped giving a shit about Mangs a while ago, I would be pretty pissed at him if that was the case. And I say this as someone who does like Louise

38 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It's also a path of Radiance map they used for Haar rather than a Radiant Dawn one.

You can't even say it's the Radiant Dawn version of Oribes Bridge- we're in the part of the map that's covered in tents in that one.

16 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What if both Louise AND Jill are added before the next hypothetical Farfetched? Who would be the female after Awakening Anna? Severa?

Female Farfetched candidates from the Top 100:

1. Awakening Anna
  2. Louise
  3. Thrasir (technically)
  4. Jill
  5. Rinea
  6. Severa
  7. Rinkah
  8. Fates Anna
  9. Ilyana
  10. Lilith
  11. Naga
  12. FE8 Selena
  13. Nah
  14. Mila

21 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What if both Louise AND Jill are added before the next hypothetical Farfetched? Who would be the female after Awakening Anna? Severa?

Jill and Louise both being added before Farfetched would be ideal. And I think after Awakening Anna it's Rinkah. Could be wrong though.

19 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It would be rinea actually. She’s a couple notches above Severa and I highly doubt we’ll be getting an echoes banner before that. Though who knows.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

1. Awakening Anna
  2. Louise
  3. Thrasir (technically)
  4. Jill
  5. Rinea
  6. Severa
  7. Rinkah
  8. Fates Anna
  9. Ilyana
  10. Lilith
  11. Naga
  12. FE8 Selena
  13. Nah
  14. Mila

Oh yeah, I forgot about Rinea. If she isn't on a Valentia banner this year, I can definitely see her being Farfetched.

46 minutes ago, Othin said:

1. Awakening Anna
  2. Louise
  3. Thrasir (technically)
  4. Jill
  5. Rinea
  6. Severa
  7. Rinkah
  8. Fates Anna
  9. Ilyana
  10. Lilith
  11. Naga
  12. FE8 Selena
  13. Nah
  14. Mila

You missed Hel (you put Thrasir, so she should be here) and Charlotte (her standard version technically isn't in the game) between Ilyana and Lilith.

I've been keeping and updating a list of CYL3 top 100 units who aren't yet playable in the game along with their rank and number of votes, if anyone's curious:

05. Anna (Awakening)    38,916
14. Bruno        13,483
16. Lif            11,876
23. Louise        9,274
35. Thrasir         7,045
52. Jill        4,872
56. Rinea        4,699
58. Severa         4,568
65. Rinkah        4,051
66. Anna (Fates)    4,031
67. Ilyana        4,022
68. Hel            3,964
74. Charlotte        3,704
77. Lilith        3,495
78. Naga        3,454
79. Selena (SS)        3,412
84. Conrad         3,152
85. Nils         3,140
86. Shinon         3,139
90. Rath         3,091
92. Cormag         2,943
94. Nah            2,909
99. Mila        2,670
100. Python        2,630

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Well, considering I stopped giving a shit about Mangs a while ago, I would be pretty pissed at him if that was the case. And I say this as someone who does like Louise

I thought you enjoy Mangs' content as I saw you post on his videos and IIRC, were a gold tier subscriber, I may be wrong though. 

9 hours ago, Florete said:

You missed Hel (you put Thrasir, so she should be here) and Charlotte (her standard version technically isn't in the game) between Ilyana and Lilith.

I've been keeping and updating a list of CYL3 top 100 units who aren't yet playable in the game along with their rank and number of votes, if anyone's curious:

05. Anna (Awakening)    38,916
14. Bruno        13,483
16. Lif            11,876
23. Louise        9,274
35. Thrasir         7,045
52. Jill        4,872
56. Rinea        4,699
58. Severa         4,568
65. Rinkah        4,051
66. Anna (Fates)    4,031
67. Ilyana        4,022
68. Hel            3,964
74. Charlotte        3,704
77. Lilith        3,495
78. Naga        3,454
79. Selena (SS)        3,412
84. Conrad         3,152
85. Nils         3,140
86. Shinon         3,139
90. Rath         3,091
92. Cormag         2,943
94. Nah            2,909
99. Mila        2,670
100. Python        2,630

I don't count Charlotte or Bruno, but good catch about Hel.