New event calendar (April-May 2019)

DarkAlf

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sigh" why does every month have to have seasonal banners when I am getting very sick of them?  Oh well, maybe I can finally save orbs.  Really hoping the next new heroes banner is something I don't care about since Laguz make me spend orbs when I want to save.  

I'm legit surprised there's another seasonal banner already. I didn't expect another one until the next set of June brides. I wonder what this one could be. But I have to agree that the seasonals are becoming a little too common. Are they going to keep increasing until we just no longer get actual new characters at all?

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Noooooooooooooo! Another Seasonal! It's becoming 1:1 now. This is too much!

I think that's exactly what they are going for. Think about it, every new hero banner this year has coincided with Forging Bonds. Every special hero banner has coincided with Tempest Trials. They have one Forging Bonds and one Tempest Trials every month. Thus each month will have one seasonal banner and one new heroes banner. Perfectly balanced don't you agree? :P:

I think IS' logic is that new heroes should get characterization hence they should get Forging Bonds but the writing quality of Forging Bonds this year is a lot higher than in book 2 so it's probably too much for them to release two new hero banners in a month. 

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But hasn't peak bloom already struck in Japan? It's a little late for this. They would have done Easter early, and hanami late.

It could be late but it's not the first time a seasonal banner had arrived very late (looking at you, Trick or Defeat! banner).

3 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

"Sigh" why does every month have to have seasonal banners when I am getting very sick of them?  Oh well, maybe I can finally save orbs.  Really hoping the next new heroes banner is something I don't care about since Laguz make me spend orbs when I want to save.  

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm legit surprised there's another seasonal banner already. I didn't expect another one until the next set of June brides. I wonder what this one could be. But I have to agree that the seasonals are becoming a little too common. Are they going to keep increasing until we just no longer get actual new characters at all?

I sent feedback politely letting them know that I'm tired of the constant seasonal banners and like seeing New Heroes banners better.  Maybe if enough people send feedback, they'll change their ways.  They're going to run out of characters to give alts to at this rate.

8 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Yeah, the chance to save orbs is the only positive to come out of another seasonal.

Why is the next banner in only 9 days, but then there's 3 full weeks until the next banner after that?

9 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think that's exactly what they are going for. Think about it, every new hero banner this year has coincided with Forging Bonds. Every special hero banner has coincided with Tempest Trials. They have one Forging Bonds and one Tempest Trials every month. Thus each month will have one seasonal banner and one new heroes banner. Perfectly balanced don't you agree? :P:

I think IS' logic is that new heroes should get characterization hence they should get Forging Bonds but the writing quality of Forging Bonds this year is a lot higher than in book 2 so it's probably too much for them to release two new hero banners in a month. 

They could always just give the characterization in the Tempest Trial.  They could add more bits to the story as your score went up, if they felt it was too much to fit into the intro and outro scenes.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why is the next banner in only 9 days, but then there's 3 full weeks until the next banner after that?

Well, I can at least answer the first part: Regal Rabbits expires on the 19th.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They could always just give the characterization in the Tempest Trial.  They could add more bits to the story as your score went up, if they felt it was too much to fit into the intro and outro scenes.

Dialogue at certain tiers in TT sounds like an awesome idea. Never thought of that. :D

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, I can at least answer the first part: Regal Rabbits expires on the 19th.

That's a bit of an unsatisfactory answer.  Since they knew the schedule, they could have just made it last longer.  Conversely, there's no reason we have to have a seasonal banner going on at all times.

Who's ready for more made up Seasonal Banners featuring everyone's favorite batch of characters, the Fates Royals? No one? Me neither. Granted we don't know who is going to be on the banner yet but really, are we going to get a seasonal banner every month now? At this point they might as well call them 'The Monthly Special Heroes' instead of seasonals. And I was really hopeful there would be another New Heroes banner with a slim chance of new characters from Archanea or Valentia. Oh well, a new banner with 'seasonal' alts only makes it that much easier for me to ignore the banner and save orbs.

Edit: Could be the Bridal Banner coming earlier this year but who knows.

Also, why bother putting Garon's GHB revival on the schedule when it is going to be over in a couple hours?

Edited by NSSKG151

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

Who's ready for more made up Seasonal Banners featuring everyone's favorite batch of characters, the Fates Royals? No one? Me neither. Granted we don't know who is going to be on the banner yet but really, are we going to get a seasonal banner every month now? At this point they might as well call them 'The Monthly Special Heroes' instead of seasonals. And I was really hopeful there would be another New Heroes banner with a slim chance of new characters from Archanea or Valentia. Oh well, a new banner with 'seasonal' alts only makes it that much easier for me to ignore the banner and save orbs.

Also, why bother putting Garon GHB revival on the schedule when it is going to be over in a couple hours?

Ready for "Camilla, Hinoka, and the two Corrins go visit the Ice Cream shop when it reopens for the first time after the winter" banner?

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Dialogue at certain tiers in TT sounds like an awesome idea. Never thought of that. :D

Thanks!  I don't know if they take suggestions like that from the community, though.

Brides or not, I hope the characters are ones I can skip. My orbs definitely aren't up for another seasonal this month. My hope's been to save at least until the astra mythic if I can. Highly likely they put at least 1 unit I want on it, though.

If it's another filler seasonal like the hot springs banner, and not brides, I'm not sure what it could be. They could go for something like a maid/butler theme banner. I know that's a popular limited banner theme for some gachas. We've even got the Fates maid/butler outfits as a basis for it if they wanted to, at least.

Well, wrath banner is enticing to finally go for Owain, as is Mist & Titania for OG Ike unit quality be damned, but that legendary banner looks enticing if it really will be colorless, and same for the NHB, especially since I like to summon on those to let IS know they aren't a waste.

Goldoa would seem a bit early and really run the risk of Tellius fatigue for those less interested in it, but IS doesn't seem to understand the concept of conservation and rationing, so it very well could. And hey, if it is Nasir has a decent chance of being the GHB which would both be not disappointing since he's not that popular or impressive anyway and I'd be quite happy about it what with him being a fave.

Honestly, I don't know what I'm hoping but a Thracia banner with actual new Thracia units might be nice. They need any love they can get.

15 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

the writing quality of Forging Bonds this year is a lot higher than in book 2 so it's probably too much for them to release two new hero banners in a month. 

Eh. I'm conflicted on this sentiment. On one hand, while the stories of FB are far more interesting, the writing quality is about on par and it's not really easier to write a stupid story than an semi-interesting one, especially since the FBs in general seem to be falling into a new set of themes: Sharena is super friendly, Afonse learns about somewhere/someone else in his quest to be a good king, Anna annas about, and someone tries to get comfortable with the Order, with some miscellany thrown in. Also, Heroes still really doesn't have that much text. This isn't exactly Great Gatsby we're talking about.

But on the other hand, being uncomfortably familiar with what a complete freaking slog a corporate design and creation process can be, I can't say that's unreasonable. Even if one of the writers could come up with an idea and write a script in a day or two, it very well could take another three weeks of approvals and edits before it's greenlit to be put in. In the last three weeks I've worked on a single webpage that by all rights should've been done two weeks ago, and when it's something as ambiguous as writing, everyone thinks they're Hemingway and has an opinion.

As far as the seasonal banner, I think my lividity has peaked. I'm not happy about another one and will probably send feedback just to be consistent, but it's so not a surprise that I can't really get worked up about it.

If I have accounted for everything correctly, we have at least 299 orbs this month, excluding what we'll get from Golden Week and extra Tier 21 orbs.  I don't know if I've accounted for Tap Battle 100% correctly, but that's the best estimate I have.  We should easily cross 300 orbs for the month.  My updated orb and banner sheet.

Edited by DarkAlf

Another seasonal banner. ANOTHER SEASONAL BANNER. Unless it's Lyn (hey after all the Camillas I'm just gonna soak up any and all Lyns...) or something (BROM DEBUTING AS A SEASONAL?!?!?), my orbs are safe. I'm happy to see more sources of orbs, though, I really need some more to try and summon Caineghis. I gotta get The Lion King, dang it!

I really hope the New Heroes banner on May 10th is something, like...Marth games, or Echoes. Those two have been ignored for almost two whole years now. Blazing Blade would also be acceptable so we can hopefully get important characters like Nils. But otherwise, yeah, definitely hoping for something from Marth land and/or Echoes.

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I sent feedback politely letting them know that I'm tired of the constant seasonal banners and like seeing New Heroes banners better.  Maybe if enough people send feedback, they'll change their ways.  They're going to run out of characters to give alts to at this rate.

I sent feedback about this, and about the stupidly disgusting decision to remove units entirely from New Hero and Special Hero banners (seriously, CYL 1 units, Farfetched, and a couple like Alm and Sigurd should still be 5-stars in all banners, and everyone else just move down to 4-3!). I really hope people are sending feedback about this stuff.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Brides or not, I hope the characters are ones I can skip. My orbs definitely aren't up for another seasonal this month. My hope's been to save at least until the astra mythic if I can. Highly likely they put at least 1 unit I want on it, though.

If it's another filler seasonal like the hot springs banner, and not brides, I'm not sure what it could be. They could go for something like a maid/butler theme banner. I know that's a popular limited banner theme for some gachas. We've even got the Fates maid/butler outfits as a basis for it if they wanted to, at least.

They already gave Kagero a maid outfit for Halloween, so a banner of nothing but that would seem to be reaching a bit, especially since we already have 3 units that are actually maids/butlers.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Another seasonal banner. ANOTHER SEASONAL BANNER. Unless it's Lyn (hey after all the Camillas I'm just gonna soak up any and all Lyns...) or something (BROM DEBUTING AS A SEASONAL?!?!?), my orbs are safe. I'm happy to see more sources of orbs, though, I really need some more to try and summon Caineghis. I gotta get The Lion King, dang it!

I really hope the New Heroes banner on May 10th is something, like...Marth games, or Echoes. Those two have been ignored for almost two whole years now. Blazing Blade would also be acceptable so we can hopefully get important characters like Nils. But otherwise, yeah, definitely hoping for something from Marth land and/or Echoes.

I sent feedback about this, and about the stupidly disgusting decision to remove units entirely from New Hero and Special Hero banners (seriously, CYL 1 units, Farfetched, and a couple like Alm and Sigurd should still be 5-stars in all banners, and everyone else just move down to 4-3!). I really hope people are sending feedback about this stuff.

I too sent feedback about the non-demotions, but I'm not sure if that's something that they'd go back on.  This does put us in the weird spot of having several popular units who flat-out can't be summoned normally anymore, like Lyn, Alm, Ike, etc, unless they are featured in a Legendary banner or get a random skill banner.

I've been using the feedback feature a lot more lately. This isn't a good thing, because I'm usually content to just ... let other people do the complaining for me.

I told them (not in these exact words, of course) to fuck off with the special heroes and give us more new heroes.

I think part of the Fates fatigue was that they were just giving alts to the Fates (and Awakening) characters that were already in game over and over.  If they were actually adding new characters, I don't think it would be received as negatively.  The Silas banner seemed to have been received well, unless Adrift, which was another seasonal banner in all but name.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

They already gave Kagero a maid outfit for Halloween, so a banner of nothing but that would seem to be reaching a bit, especially since we already have 3 units that are actually maids/butlers.

Yeah, that's fair. Just trying to think of what other popular themes FEH hasn't really done for a seasonal and that one at least has something to work with. It's more likely it's just brides moved up for some reason. The tap battle name seems like it could point toward that too.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I think part of the Fates fatigue was that they were just giving alts to the Fates (and Awakening) characters that were already in game over and over.  If they were actually adding new characters, I don't think it would be received as negatively.  The Silas banner seemed to have been received well, unless Adrift, which was another seasonal banner in all but name.

To be honest, I wouldn't completely mind another Adrift scenario. At least that actually had some purpose to it, even giving Fates some much needed worldbuilding (seriously even Heroes does Fates worldbuilding better than Fates does. That's just sad).

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah, that's fair. Just trying to think of what other popular themes FEH hasn't really done for a seasonal and that one at least has something to work with. It's more likely it's just brides moved up for some reason. The tap battle name seems like it could point toward that too.

Maybe they're just going to go down the list of My Castle buildings.  They've knocked out the Hot Springs, so maybe next is the Chef outfit banner.