New event calendar (April-May 2019)

DarkAlf

4 hours ago, toxic1 said:

SWTOR is an MMORPG that more than once tries to make you subscribe to them & I eventually relented because I got sick of not being able use hot keys.

I spent over $200 for a that fed on my addiction to the story & trying to keep up with everyone. It was one of the worst experience in my entire life & a lot of the complaint I hear here has an uncanny similarity to it.

All I know that the end of the day, Heroes never peer pressures to buy orbs in comparison to becoming a subscriber for SWTOR.

Similarity to your experience or not, it's not the sunk cost fallacy. The sunk cost fallacy is the feeling that past spending would be wasted if you give up, hence prompting you to continue paying.

What you're describing is paying for expectations of future content, not paying due to the thought that it would be a waste of already spent money to stop paying.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Looks like the Xmas banner was pretty unpopular too, I guess because the Stones twins had already reached saturation point.

I think "unpopular" is too strong of a description for the difference we actually see there. I don't think the difference is pronounced enough to say anything more than "less popular than usual".

And if I were to hazard a guess, my guess would be that it's due to the general aversion to armored units rather than the choice of characters.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The swimsuit is the ultimate form of alt, what else do you need to stare lovingly at? FE Warriors Promotion Leo, with the wounded art his Broken Armor model? 

Anything that's not RED!

4 hours ago, Ottservia said:

to be fair Camilla has always been controversial and a lot of it has to do with how's she's written. Or at the very least how 60% of her character is written. Cause y'know who needs deep and nuanced character writing when they can just stuff tits in our face right?

Who said I was talking about Camilla?

If Ike's gets a 4th alt, why does that have to be a bad thing?

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Alright, so why are you on this board then if you don't even consider FEH a game (which is also a blatantly incorrect statement)?

Same reason why people keep playing FEH I suppose.

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It amazes me you can be, must be hard. Since it sounded like you've never emulated, which denies access to 3/4s of Marth's games (well technically only half now if you don't mind going onto the Japanese Switch eShop and playing FE1 without a translation, but 98.5% of people won't do that I think).

Shame you're missing out. Since I've actually come to rather like FE3.

That's why I watch other people play through them. Admittedly, it's not the same experience, but beggars can't be choosers.

5 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

What the fuck?! I don't really play any MMOs, but having friends who do/did, aren't hotkeys like the backbone of not hating the games?

Well on top of the daily quests taking about 4 hours at a minimal to complete, certain items being prohibited, force to play with a very unwelcoming community, & basically ruining one of my favorite Star Wars game, but I'm sure I'm overreacting.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Similarity to your experience or not, it's not the sunk cost fallacy. The sunk cost fallacy is the feeling that past spending would be wasted if you give up, hence prompting you to continue paying.

What you're describing is paying for expectations of future content, not paying due to the thought that it would be a waste of already spent money to stop paying.

No, that's exactly why I kept my subscription all those years. I needed to justify all those money being spent & it took an incredibly long time for me to finally cancel my subscription.

I don't know how else I'm going to have to phrase this, I already know that I only had myself to blame for this. I don't need someone tell me that how idiotic it was to spend all time on a game I came to hate at the end of the day.

8 hours ago, toxic1 said:

No, that's exactly why I kept my subscription all those years. I needed to justify all those money being spent & it took an incredibly long time for me to finally cancel my subscription.

In which case, you should have said this much, much earlier. But you didn't. I can't read minds.

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Zeke is in the game, though.  He's got a GHB once a week, so you can get him for free.

xD So thats it, after getting this kind of reaction "AGAIN" I do not care anymore if I accidentally spoil someone about Camus, Zeke, Sirius anymore. Well I don't even know if it can be called a spoiler because captain obvious is looking at me already. 

No I just like Zeke, because he is like another part of Camus which he had forgotten in the first game. And also that he decides to stay with Tatiana even after recovering his memory and she is one reason he found a new way in life just makes him kind of likable that way for me. If anyone deserves an alt which is not forced he does. And yeah there are others who deserve a place in the next echoes banner, because some players will feel like he steels a spot. A "Zeke" as a groom on a seasonal banner would not hurt.

15 hours ago, Lewyn said:

What about Rinkah, where is she.  Muscular dark skinned Amazonian tribal woman, how is she not marketable?

Truly, why is she still not in the game. If someone mentions that Rinkah is missing I just have to jump in. I was so sad that she didn't made it last year "around place 80 on CYL2 which is not a bad place she should have caught the eyes". And they have such a good artist with penekoR for these kind of characters... All set.

Edited by Stroud

16 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Who said I was talking about Camilla?

I know you weren’t referring to just camilla. I was just pointing out the fact that some characters are controversial for reasons other than alt count. 

16 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

If Ike's gets a 4th alt, why does that have to be a bad thing?

Personally I wouldn’t see it as a bad thing so long as the time between alts is relatively long like say 3 or 4 months before we get another. 

3 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Personally I wouldn’t see it as a bad thing so long as the time between alts is relatively long like say 3 or 4 months before we get another. 

I just don't give a crap about timing what so ever.

The only time I even care about timing is about the amount of orbs I have

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

Truly, why is she still not in the game. If someone mentions that Rinkah is missing I just have to jump in. I was so sad that she didn't made it last year "around place 80 on CYL2 which is not a bad place she should have caught the eyes". And they have such a good artist with penekoR for these kind of characters... All set.

I never understood why she didn't catch on, she is one of the more unique characters in the game.  She stands out, she also has a body type that we don't see on anyone else in Fates.  Effie is super strong but we don't see those muscles.  

29 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I know you weren’t referring to just camilla. I was just pointing out the fact that some characters are controversial for reasons other than alt count. 

I'm going to also say I care zero about time between.  I care about total count.  If you have enough for an emblem team you are done.......forever.  Actually ideally one seasonal alt and one legendary would be max.  You have hundreds of characters so why are they going to be 7 Camillas in August, and likely 8 before the year ends?  There are other sexy girls, if that isn't enough then fetish then up to the Nth degree if you have to.  Seeing the same faces again and again and again is just so boring.  A cute alternate outfit doesn't make it less so.  

Camilla is controversial for other reasons but for Heroes the complaints are mostly about how there are so many of them.  Still Lyn's 5th version got way more crap than Camilla's, which was honestly disgusting favoritism.  

If this game goes 10 years, there still shoudn't be any more Fates royals, they all have had enough versions.  Several non Fates characters also fall into this category.  

I think this is the first time they've put Forging Bonds on the calendar. If they continue this pattern of a 4 unit debut banner, I might stop pulling on them unless I really like the character or the unit is really good.

7 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I think this is the first time they've put Forging Bonds on the calendar. If they continue this pattern of a 4 unit debut banner, I might stop pulling on them unless I really like the character or the unit is really good.

As opposed to 3 unit banners?

On 4/12/2019 at 10:59 PM, Flying Shogi said:

Yeah, I've been burned enough times by 4 unit banners so I tend to skip them.  

I've started pulling back on 4-unit banners as well. I picked up Bruno because he's seasonal so I'm not likely to have a better chance at him, and Caineghis because he's the perfect convergence of everything I've been asking for, but I decided to wait on Velouria, Idunn, and Lethe until they show up on 3-unit banners.

Although the summoning pool change does offer incentive to stick to newer banners for better off-focus pulls. Red is the one where the change is least significant to me, but I might end up changing my mind about Lethe later in the month depending on how things go.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

I've started pulling back on 4-unit banners as well. I picked up Bruno because he's seasonal so I'm not likely to have a better chance at him, and Caineghis because he's the perfect convergence of everything I've been asking for, but I decided to wait on Velouria, Idunn, and Lethe until they show up on 3-unit banners.

I was going to pull for RR!Bruno too but his stats didn't impress me enough to pull for him. I'm not missing any particular role in my barracks so I'll most likely stick to pulling on 3 unit banners from now on unless there's no other way to get the unit outside of a 3 unit banner.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

Although the summoning pool change does offer incentive to stick to newer banners for better off-focus pulls. Red is the one where the change is least significant to me, but I might end up changing my mind about Lethe later in the month depending on how things go.

Personally speaking, the new blue pool offers only a handful of units I want/don't mind getting and looking back at it, I've been fortunate enough to have pulled some of those units. This is going to make me reconsider pulling for certain blue units but that might change depending on my orb stash.

Edited by Flying Shogi

2 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I was going to pull for RR!Bruno too but his stats didn't impress me enough to pull for him. I'm not particularly missing any role in my barracks so I'm most likely stick to pulling on 3 unit banners from now on unless there's no other way outside of a 3 unit banner.

Personally speaking, the new blue pool offers only a handful of what I want/don't mind getting and looking back at it, I've been fortunate enough to have pulled some of those units. This is going to make me reconsider pulling for certain blue units but that might change depending on my orb stash.

Yeah, I didn't do it for gameplay purposes, just because I wanted a Bruno.

Thinking over the summoning pool math, it's not really enough. The increase in the odds of getting the focus unit from a 3-unit banner vs 4-unit are a lot more than the increase in the odds of a pitybreaker being desirable, at least for me. 3% focus and 3% new pool vs 4% focus, 1.5% new pool, and 1.5% old pool is really hard to justify, since you need an extra 1.5% of new pool to be worth not only 1.5% of old pool but also 1% of focus, and that's just silly.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:14 PM, Lewyn said:

I never understood why she didn't catch on, she is one of the more unique characters in the game.  She stands out, she also has a body type that we don't see on anyone else in Fates.  Effie is super strong but we don't see those muscles.   

It probably has to do with her low Str growth. Hopefully FEH can treat her somewhat better. If anything, I hope she appears in the next Brides banner. 

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

It probably has to do with her low Str growth. Hopefully FEH can treat her somewhat better. If anything, I hope she appears in the next Brides banner. 

This reminds me that I married my Avatar to Rinkah on the Birthright playthrough and always took Rinkah to battle, but sadly because of her growth rate I struggled a bit with her..

And I guess that is one of the reasons she struggled for getting attention. If it is not an instant favorite players tend to pick and grow attached to those whom they have good experience with... at least the growth from CYL 2 to CYL 3 shows that there are enough players who like her and she still is memorable. To be in the top 70 is not a bad placement.

I'd rather want her in a banner which is more in character though. I could imagine her in a festival banner. I wouldn't complain about any Rinkah though, because it means Rinkah is there. xD
Only the artist could make me disappointed. But I think FEH will do the right there. 

On ‎13‎.‎04‎.‎2019 at 1:14 AM, Lewyn said:

Flavia has a similar body type, but like Effie its also covered up by her armor. Only the defined arms can be seen, but she has less of a chance and I like Rinkah more. xD I wouldn't mind for the next Fire Emblem to have such a character again. But I think it's unlikely from what we have seen so far.

But yeah, for me Rinkah is one of the more memorable characters of Fates and I still wish for her to be in the game. 

Edited by Stroud

Am I the only one who thinks it’s odd we didn’t get  silhouettes yet, I’m predicting White Day, Valentine’s Day was closer to a funeral holiday this year, so I’m ok with the similarity.

2 hours ago, Lemmy said:

Am I the only one who thinks it’s odd we didn’t get  silhouettes yet, I’m predicting White Day, Valentine’s Day was closer to a funeral holiday this year, so I’m ok with the similarity.

Silhouettes are usually shown three days before the banner releases so it probably won't be until tomorrow.

Silhouettes will be either tonight or tomorrow night. They're either 52 or 76 hours before the banner launches, whichever is 24 hours before the trailer.

Edited by Othin

23 hours ago, Lemmy said:

No, it's on schedule as usual~ The Banner is Friday, so the Silhouettes are tonight, trailer tomorrow.

23 hours ago, Lemmy said:

White Day was more than a month ago.