The Great Grand Hero Battle: Haar

SatsumaFSoysoy

@Nanima Your team made this look nice and easy, and Fallen Takumi is so close to being +10! Great job all around. 

Sorry if there’s any quality issues, but that was more of a struggle than the map itself  

The map itself was a piece of cake! The changes to their base kits (atk/def bond for Celica and Fierce Stance plus Bonfire instead of Ignis for Marisa) weren’t even necessary, they just made it a little cleaner. I might actually go back and try to solo it with Marisa, because all of those physical enemies are asking for it (really only the blue mage might give me a problem, I just need to time my special right). 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Perhaps they went with his PoR recruitment map since his RD map was a sky battle.

That would have been great. Field anyone but Fliers, and they plummet downwards on the first turn- causing a Game Over.

At least they didn't put ballistae, Shine Barriers, and hidden pitfalls on this map. I guess they're being saved for Petrine's use of the west end of this chapter.

Sent in my flier squad (New Years Azura, Summer Tana, Summer Corrin, Bow Hinoka) to clear this map. Really easy to the point that I cleared Infernal first before attempting Normal or Haard.

I feel like they made this map way too easy to pick apart with bows. And my dragon armor team also has zero trouble because the only armor-effective weapon they have is a sword... and Legendary Tiki already has Svalinn Shield.

I just realized that Haar comes with Odd Def Wave, though, which means he can pair with the Even Def Wave Sacred Seal.

This wasn’t too bad actually, and it’s my first solo clear!

While she does technically have Cherche’s drive speed and Micaiah’s joint hone speed at some points, everything is so slow that it doesn’t affect anything. She does benefit from her ally support very slightly on turn one though (not enough to significantly change anything but still), because if I tried to put Micaiah somewhere else Haar moved the wrong way. 

A Silas was promoted and killed for this clear (because otherwise Marisa needs her ally support to survive the lance cavalier and dammit I wanted this to be as close to a true solo as I could), and I’m so glad we have so many great seals at this point!

Took me a few tries, but this wasn't super hard. So glad after so much other ridiculously hard crap in this game. We need more battles like this one. It's challenging, but not too challenging and doesn't make someone want to pull their hair out.

Anyway, my clear using my horses! They're my main team, that's why they've been featured in a majority of my clear videos.

Sorry Haar, Freddy's axe owns yours. :P Haar's Guard prevented him from using Ignis right away, but that didn't even matter...lol My Frederick is so busted.

Also, I hesitated at one point because I wasn't sure if I could avoid the blue mage killing someone again this time (that was the problem I kept running into, which is why I gave Ephraim the Distant Def seal. Usually the blue mage ended up taking him out and it looked like Ephraim might survive with a tiny bit of HP if I gave him that seal). But then I thought...maybe it's actually safe to let Hrid stay in range after killing the green mage flier since Freddy is there too. Hrid can counterattack mages, Frederick can't. And Hrid might've even one-shot the guy because of his crazy Atk. And sure enough, the blue mage targeted Freddy instead just as I'd hoped. XD

Wow, people weren’t joking when they said this was super easy. Any good team trivializes the map. 

I’m wondering if there were supposed to be reinforcements on the map but Intern-kun forgot to program them in. 

Just now, Jave said:

Wow, people weren’t joking when they said this was super easy. Any good team trivializes the map. 

I’m wondering if there were supposed to be reinforcements on the map but Intern-kun forgot to program them in. 

They ran into all the pitfalls to the west.

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Took me a few tries, but this wasn't super hard. So glad after so much other ridiculously hard crap in this game. We need more battles like this one. It's challenging, but not too challenging and doesn't make someone want to pull their hair out.

Anyway, my clear using my horses! They're my main team, that's why they've been featured in a majority of my clear videos.

Sorry Haar, Freddy's axe owns yours. :P Haar's Guard prevented him from using Ignis right away, but that didn't even matter...lol My Frederick is so busted.

Also, I hesitated at one point because I wasn't sure if I could avoid the blue mage killing someone again this time (that was the problem I kept running into, which is why I gave Ephraim the Distant Def seal. Usually the blue mage ended up taking him out and it looked like Ephraim might survive with a tiny bit of HP if I gave him that seal). But then I thought...maybe it's actually safe to let Hrid stay in range after killing the green mage flier since Freddy is there too. Hrid can counterattack mages, Frederick can't. And Hrid might've even one-shot the guy because of his crazy Atk. And sure enough, the blue mage targeted Freddy instead just as I'd hoped. XD

Now use Ike as it'd be more thematically fitting. 

Well that was the easiest GHB I have done.  Cleared all maps with my F!Grima and the fly boys team of: Naesala, Reyson, Tibarn and F!Grima.  This map having zero archers and no reinforcements made it a cake walk, infernal only took me 2 tries which says a lot since I tend to suck at infernal maps.

46 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Now use Ike as it'd be more thematically fitting. 

I'm actually thinking of trying a laguz clear once I get Ranulf and Lethe leveled up and built. :P

Infernal Haar in one turn:

First time Alfonse! Elincia needed to ploy the sword flier and Roy needed Def smoke to kill Haar, but noone needed SPD buffs this time. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

2 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

No chance to withstand Marisa's Ignis, congrats! 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Haar is good for a concert: all those zero-damage sounds! Congrats! 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yep, it's satisfying to see Freddy not even get scratched there. lol Thanks!

Your one-turn clears are great as always too. And you used Elincia this time! :D <3

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Your one-turn clears are great as always too. And you used Elincia this time! :D <3

Thanks! Yeah, Elincia is great, she could one-round Haar without problems (not in this video). Her DEF bane helps to get into WoM range almost always. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! Yeah, Elincia is great, she could one-round Haar without problems (not in this video). Her DEF bane helps to get into WoM range almost always. 

She is! I used her a lot on flying teams before I got my hands on legendary Ryoma. :P She's regulated to secondary flying teams now.

I'm having trouble with Infernal, but then again, I started like 3 weeks ago. Have only 8 5*s, and one (Red Mage Celica) is still lvl 17. 

The only Infernals I cleared were Legion's and the Rival Domain because I got Axe Ephraim and Surtr from my pulls, threw in Brave Hector, and abused Armored March. But now they put one or two guys with Armorslayer plus two mages that one shot any of them and I can't do that. Vanguard Ike can easily kill Haar, but dies to the blue mage and anyone who kills the blue mage dies to something else next.

Any team suggestions for 4*s with base skills?

Edited by Lanko

16 minutes ago, Lanko said:

I'm having trouble with Infernal, but then again, I started like 3 weeks ago. Have only 8 5*s, and one (Red Mage Celica) is still lvl 17. 

The only Infernals I cleared were Legion's and the Rival Domain because I got Axe Ephraim and Surtr from my pulls, threw in Brave Hector, and abused Armored March. But now they put one or two guys with Armorslayer plus two mages that one shot any of them and I can't do that. Vanguard Ike can easily kill Haar, but dies to the blue mage and anyone who kills the blue mage dies to something else next.

Any team suggestions for 4*s with base skills?

Thanks, just did it with pretty much the same strategy, but I don't have a fully leveled Clarisse so I used Spring Loki (after failing hard with Brave Lyn) and Olivia was still 34. Haar and the mage moved differently thanks to this, but was able to find a solution after some tries!

Beat all modes within a couple tries upon the release. Probably one of the easiest GHB. I'm glad I saved my feathers, was able to upgrade and merge all of them right away. Not sure what skills to give him though. Kinda sucks that he has Brave Axe, I was hoping for a new weapon. The brave weapons just aren't good in this game.

Edited by SSbardock84

29 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Beat all modes within a couple tries upon the release. Probably one of the easiest GHB. I'm glad I saved my feathers, was able to upgrade and merge all of them right away. Not sure what skills to give him though. Kinda sucks that he has Brave Axe, I was hoping for a new weapon. The brave weapons just aren't good in this game.

I'm merging him all the way once he's in the grail shop. I gave him a slaying hammer to make a flying Frederick. His stats align with a [+atk] Frederick. I'm also giving him a slaying axe which should make him somewhat like a higher attack Beruka. Will have to see what weapon I like better overall. I upgraded the Even Def Wave seal and now he buffs defenses all around him all the time. A constant +6 defense on Haar is really nice too.

That was a really easy clear just put Selena in enemy range to which she just tanked everything. Apparently that works. Then all grima had to do was just take out the firesweep Lance cavalier and yeah done.

Tibarn killed everything himself.  Sure, he had buffs from the herons, but that's still impressive.  Tibarn is amazing!

And this map is easy.  I did it on the first try with the Tibarn, the herons, and Nailah.   Even though Nailah did nothing.

Late video and comments due to class~ Super easy map, not surprising to see everyone running through it

So I did a theme clear to give myself a challenge and because @Azuris asked for Chroms!~ It likely would have been done quicker had OG!Chrom not been 4*. I actually pulled him from a ticket yesterday; I ironically needed the OG to finish my Chrom Emblem since I turned them all to Manuals.

I pointed out Chrom’s Bonds in the beginning and got halfway through before I realized he doesn’t even use them in this strategy, RIP~ W!Chrom kept getting plowed by the Armorsmashing Cav so Pony Chrom decided to be helpful and shield him with his body. Otherwise only needed Darting Blow on Spring Chrom so he would outspeed the Firesweeper~

16 hours ago, Nanima said:

So this was the easiest Takuclear ever:

Music: Bizarre Divertimento - from Umineko (well it was a bizarre diversion to say the least)

Poor Haar, his heart really wasn't in it. He didn't even try arrow proofing himself or his allies. If he had, Sunkumi wouldn't have turned him into a pincushion. I was genuinely surprised by how quickly all of the enemies folded into themselves. The only one who was even remotely a challenge was the raven mage, but Nyakumi just laughed at him. A fun little diversion that was over just a little too quickly. Sorry, old pal.

I wonder if I should handicap myself for the princess and star clears by not bringing any archers? 

Love the music! No surprise the Takus made this a cakewalk. I love how literally EVERYONE is oneshot. Maybe the Princess Clear can use OG!Hinoka so they can give themselves a bit of a workout, haha~

14 hours ago, Ginko said:

Another physical unit GHB huh? Haar is my favourite from RD but he didn't stand a chance to Shiro if he didn't equip with deadly special like Bonfire/Ignis. He is on my list to +10 merge with grails.

The music track is "Simple Mission" from Violet Evergarden.

Haar doing no damage to Shiro, poor  Haar. The music makes it even more amusing.

11 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Me, looking at this map for the first time at 5:30 in the morning: “no.”

Maybe I’ll try a more traditional Galeforce clear later.

Been a while since we saw an Enemy Phase Caeda one turn. I don’t have Thunderhead Olwen so I didn’t know what her special Quotes were, but she shares some with Reinhardt it looks like, that’s cute (it had already taken me the longest to realize she shared her artwork with Tomehardt).

11 hours ago, mcsilas said:

So the Black Tempest is here. Well, guess it's time to for Black Knight Emblem to see if he deserves the Black in his title.

Team is neutral Black Knight +1, +Atk/-Spd Zelgius, +HP/-Res Ares and neutral Camus

Music is the Black Knight from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

-Right away the team is a bit handicapped by having two armours (against a very mobile Armorslayer horse) and being 3 reds. Managed to figure it out, although Zelgius's Drive Atk support was crucial since BK would leave two enemies at 1 HP without it.

-Ares needed both Brazens + Bonfire to one shot the blue mage (50 HP Panic Ploy on mage?!?). Otherwise, the mage would have 1 HP left.

-Camus technically didn't need Darting Stance, that was leftover from me trying to battle the blue mage with him. Still, his blue colour was crucial against the armorslayer horse.

Got a few more ideas for clears but I need to train up Haar first. At least no-reinforcement maps means I can do more varied theme teams.

Perfect theme! Vantage Black Knight is a beast. The Black Knights team didn’t suffer any real trouble despite them mostly sharing a color between them all. I liked Zelgius’, “I’ll keep you alive” followed by all 3 responding “Understood” while moving in front of him.

11 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

This was a close run thing...I dread the thought of them doing an Abyssal rerun.

Quick and easy for your fliers to handle. I liked that a lot of it ended up being enemy phase.

9 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Sorry if there’s any quality issues, but that was more of a struggle than the map itself  

The map itself was a piece of cake! The changes to their base kits (atk/def bond for Celica and Fierce Stance plus Bonfire instead of Ignis for Marisa) weren’t even necessary, they just made it a little cleaner. I might actually go back and try to solo it with Marisa, because all of those physical enemies are asking for it (really only the blue mage might give me a problem, I just need to time my special right). 

8 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

While she does technically have Cherche’s drive speed and Micaiah’s joint hone speed at some points, everything is so slow that it doesn’t affect anything. She does benefit from her ally support very slightly on turn one though (not enough to significantly change anything but still), because if I tried to put Micaiah somewhere else Haar moved the wrong way. 

A Silas was promoted and killed for this clear (because otherwise Marisa needs her ally support to survive the lance cavalier and dammit I wanted this to be as close to a true solo as I could), and I’m so glad we have so many great seals at this point!

Wonderful work from your ladies, they blew this map away easily.

Great Marisa solo, too! Those BIGNIS kills were awesome, especial that final kill~ Great!

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Nice pony clear, just one 1HP shy of one-shotting Haar~

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Infernal Haar in one turn:

First time Alfonse! Elincia needed to ploy the sword flier and Roy needed Def smoke to kill Haar, but noone needed SPD buffs this time. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

No chance to withstand Marisa's Ignis, congrats! 

Bunny Alfonse debut! Yaaaaayy, can’t wait to see him in more clears~~