Current banner should have exclusively featured dead characters

Jotari

So playing the story mode of Heroes. We've reached the land of the dead where deceased warriors fight for Hel and were greeted by Ranulf...and all those other laguz who are absolutely alive. If Heroes cared more about it's story then the current banner would have been some kind of "Martyrs of Justice" banner featuring canonically dead characters. This also would have been a good way of retaining a theme yet introducing characters from multiple games at once. Characters that could go on such a banner 

-Lorenz

-OH Hardin

-Anyone from Gen 1 of Holy War not in the game (aside from Briggid).

-Pelleas

-Yen'fey

-Rajaion (he's recently come under my eye as a potential cool character, though it's be outright comical if he got in before Ashnard)

-Griel (probably never happen due to his seasonal basically being he default appearanc), Rudolf, Byron, basically any lord's father.

-Scarlet

-Some of those FE6 characters that canonically died between games

Athos, Deghensea and the Rainbow Sage would also fit the criteria but they're probably better off being legendaries.

What do you think? Would you like a banner that's more integrated with the story mode and/or would you like a banner that pulls characters from multiple games?

Edited by Jotari

A small idea I had for a way to integrate banner and story better is by having a second gen awakening or second gen fe4 banner where the whole reason the characters got caught up in all this mess is because they wondered in the world of the dead looking for a way to resurrect their dead parents.

I'd like me some Zombie Azelle and Lex but I don't think the devs put that much thought into the setting of hell. The zombie brigade will probably be limited to undead versions of characters related to the Askr siblings like their distant ancestors, their daddy and zombie Sharena.

24 minutes ago, Jotari said:

-Rajaion (he's recently come under my eye as a potential cool character, though it's be outright comical if he got in before Ashnard)

Rajaion is an interesting pick. I actually thought he would be a good pick for a second Fallen Heroes banner.

47 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Rajaion is an interesting pick. I actually thought he would be a good pick for a second Fallen Heroes banner.

That might be because I suggested him as a possibility as a fallen hern in the general discussion thread.

Why no Leila? She was incredibly popular last CYL for being Jaffar's scabbard.

I'd also like Philia- that Pegasus Knight who served Emmeryn with the granny-white hair and granny haircut who died in the same chapter as Emm's fall to warped-in Risen Snipers in an attempt to save her lady. Why? Because why did she get stuck staying dead when everyone else got the "playable in some way" card in Awakening sans Validar and Walhart's goons? I wanted an Awakening Triangle Attack, and she would've been its third member.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

-Anyone from Gen 1 of Holy War not in the game (aside from Briggid).

Edain also survived to the start of Seliph's liberation and is still kicking, if left unseen because no point in making a new profile pic for a character who won't exist in Gen 2 if you got her Subs.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why no Leila? She was incredibly popular last CYL for being Jaffar's scabbard.

I'd also like Philia- that Pegasus Knight who served Emmeryn with the granny-white hair and granny haircut who died in the same chapter as Emm's fall to warped-in Risen Snipers in an attempt to save her lady. Why? Because why did she get stuck staying dead when everyone else got the "playable in some way" card in Awakening sans Validar and Walhart's goons? I wanted an Awakening Triangle Attack, and she would've been its third member.

Edain also survived to the start of Seliph's liberation and is still kicking, if left unseen because no point in making a new profile pic for a character who won't exist in Gen 2 if you got her Subs.

Left out Philia (and her Genealogy inspiration) precisely because of how minor they are. And completely forgot about Leila.

Wait Adean's completely alive? I thought she was MiA shortly before the start of the Chapter. Screw that, if she's there the entire time and just comically out of frame then they should have included her along with Finn as playable. Would have given a good book close with the whole game starting with her kidnapping.

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Left out Philia (and her Genealogy inspiration) precisely because of how minor they are. And completely forgot about Leila.

Wait Adean's completely alive? I thought she was MiA shortly before the start of the Chapter. Screw that, if she's there the entire time and just comically out of frame then they should have included her along with Finn as playable. Would have given a good book close with the whole game starting with her kidnapping.

Ah Mahnya, I never considered her inspiring Philia, but it would make sense. Mahnya died a more glorious death however, both got felled by archers they didn't know would be their to protect their queen, but at least Philia's end wasn't totally overshadowed by the end of her liege.

As for Edain, from SF's old FE4 script:

Lester with Rana

Lester:
“Rana? You’re fighting too!?”

Rana:
“Yes. I was worried about His Highness.”

Lester:
“I bet you were. But you be careful out here. Mother would be a wreck if anything happened you.”

Rana:
“Yes, but do you know what she told me? She said that we are greatly indebted to the people of Isaac and we should do whatever we can to help them.”

Lester:
“Yeah, we wouldn’t be here now if it weren’t for them. …So where is mother now?”

Rana:
She’s working at the convent in Tilnanogue.

Lester:
“I see. Rana, we need to do our best out here for mother and our missing father. Someday we’ll be able to return with mother to her hometown of Jungby.”

Rana:
“I hope so, Lester.”

As for Leila, her exact rank on CYL3 was 163, one spot above Peri, and one below Mareeta, who is one spot below Jorge of Tellius's convoy group for some reason. I think that is pretty good for a dead person, they even have unused FE7 stats to go off of for her.

Spoiler

Leila

Class: Thief (F)
Affinity: Wind
Weapon Ranks: Sword S
Notes: —

Base Stats/Caps

Type HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res Con
Thief (F) base 15 2 3 8 0 1 2 5
Stat addition 9 12 13 12 8 11 13 0
Base stats 24 14 16 20 8 12 15 5
Thief (F) caps /60 /20 /20 /20 /30 /20 /20 /20

Growth Rates

HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res
80% 70% 65% 0% 55% 30% 40%

There is also the rather important Elbert, who does have unused stats as well. And is why Ninian fawned over Eliwood from the day they met (besides him rescuing her), and why Eliwood begins his journey, and provides for the midgame climax.:

Spoiler

Elbert

Class: Peer [shares its Japanese name with Edelgard's class in 3H]
Affinity: None
Weapon Ranks: Sword A, Lance A
Notes: Has generic growth rates (Peer is the civilian class seen at the end of Chapter 19E/20H)

Base Stats/Caps

Peer base 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 8
Stat addition 22 16 18 20 1 13 13 0
Base stats 32 16 18 20 1 13 13 8
Peer caps /60 /20 /20 /20 /30 /20 /20 /20

That 1 Lck is so appropriate. But there are enough old men who didn't die who are having a very difficult time getting into FEH already.

Yeah, maybe the best for a banner would be:

-Turban Hardin (Lance Cavalry)

-Scarlet (Axe Flier)

-Leila (Colorless/Red Dagger Infantry)

-Greil (Axe Infantry)

GHB: Lorenz (Lance Armor)

Might develop this in the Create a Hero thread.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah Mahnya, I never considered her inspiring Philia, but it would make sense. Mahnya died a more glorious death however, both got felled by archers they didn't know would be their to protect their queen, but at least Philia's end wasn't totally overshadowed by the end of her liege.

As for Edain, from SF's old FE4 script:

Lester with Rana

Lester:
“Rana? You’re fighting too!?”

Rana:
“Yes. I was worried about His Highness.”

Lester:
“I bet you were. But you be careful out here. Mother would be a wreck if anything happened you.”

Rana:
“Yes, but do you know what she told me? She said that we are greatly indebted to the people of Isaac and we should do whatever we can to help them.”

Lester:
“Yeah, we wouldn’t be here now if it weren’t for them. …So where is mother now?”

Rana:
She’s working at the convent in Tilnanogue.

Lester:
“I see. Rana, we need to do our best out here for mother and our missing father. Someday we’ll be able to return with mother to her hometown of Jungby.”

Rana:
“I hope so, Lester.”

As for Leila, her exact rank on CYL3 was 163, one spot above Peri, and one below Mareeta, who is one spot below Jorge of Tellius's convoy group for some reason. I think that is pretty good for a dead person, they even have unused FE7 stats to go off of for her.

Hide contents

Leila

Class: Thief (F)
Affinity: Wind
Weapon Ranks: Sword S
Notes: —

Base Stats/Caps

Thief (F) base 15 2 3 8 0 1 2 5
Stat addition 9 12 13 12 8 11 13 0
Base stats 24 14 16 20 8 12 15 5
Thief (F) caps /60 /20 /20 /20 /30 /20 /20 /20

Growth Rates

HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res
80% 70% 65% 0% 55% 30% 40%

There is also the rather important Elbert, who does have unused stats as well. And is why Ninian fawned over Eliwood from the day they met (besides him rescuing her), and why Eliwood begins his journey, and provides for the midgame climax.:

Hide contents

Elbert

Class: Peer [shares its Japanese name with Edelgard's class in 3H]
Affinity: None
Weapon Ranks: Sword A, Lance A
Notes: Has generic growth rates (Peer is the civilian class seen at the end of Chapter 19E/20H)

Base Stats/Caps

Peer base 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 8
Stat addition 22 16 18 20 1 13 13 0
Base stats 32 16 18 20 1 13 13 8
Peer caps /60 /20 /20 /20 /30 /20 /20 /20

That 1 Lck is so appropriate. But there are enough old men who didn't die who are having a very difficult time getting into FEH already.

Leila has S Ranked Swords as a Thief? That's not possible in normal gameplay, right?

I just assumed Veronica was once again captured by Hel and forced to summon Heroes for her army. Although the forces of Hel are supposed to be so formidable because they keep coming back with no contract system releasing them.

I'm sure we'll get our answers after the end of Book 3. In a Forging Bonds event where we invade the dreams of the now-summonable OCs. I've been waiting half a year to mack on Alfonse's mother.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Rajaion is also among the Tellius NPCs who weren’t even on CYL as an option, so I don’t think that bodes well for his chances of getting in as anything other than Ashnard’s mount sadly.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

That might be because I suggested him as a possibility as a fallen hern in the general discussion thread.

Are there even enough such heroes for a Fallen Heroes 2 banner?

The only ones that come to mind are Lyon (Formortis, beast), Rajaion (beast), and Bertram (GHB, rune sword).

One banner idea I had for the realm of the dead was like a banner featuring characters from the "evil emperor" archetype.

Summonable:

-Ashnard (Red Sword Flying)

-Rudolf (Blue Lance Cavalry)

-Emperor Arvis (Red Tome Infantry)

-Vigarde (Green Axe Infantry)

What do you guys think?

No one truly dies here, so I propose an A-team banner. Fire Emblem already has a Murdock and a Hannibal, but I'm drawing a blank on the other two. Any ideas?

Funnily enough, a quick Google brings up the fact that some guy called Bosco voices Gustav, amongst others. Apt.

EDIT: And apparently FEH voice actor Sam Riegel voices Face in a recent adaptation. So there are links to all four characters. I love it when a plan comes together.

Edited by Humanoid

i would actually love a "Revived Heroes" series of banners, featuring characters like 

Spoiler

rajaion, elena, greil, byron, ishtore, rinea, shiharam, elbert, fado and many others 

Edited by Yexin

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Leila has S Ranked Swords as a Thief? That's not possible in normal gameplay, right?

Nope. Weapon ranks cap at A for unpromoted units.

And IIRC, she has this oddity where while her in battle sprite is Female Thief for the scripted battle where Jaffar kills her, yet her map sprite for that scene is Female Assassin.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Still a miss opportunity to not use the Gen 1 Genealogy units

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Elise canonically dies in Birthright, plz deliver IS

Because no one is going to whine about more Fates royal alts

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I just assumed Veronica was once again captured by Hel and forced to summon Heroes for her army. Although the forces of Hel are supposed to be so formidable because they keep coming back with no contract system releasing them.

Actually it seems to be Lif who's handling the pacts this time around. At least if Reyson's words are anything to go by. 

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Actually it seems to be Lif who's handling the pacts this time around. At least if Reyson's words are anything to go by. 

Awaiting the moment where we have 3 armys on the battlefield and the goal of the map is to protect Veronica from killing herself because the AI movement is dumb (as in the 3. army ally is controlled by the AI).