Current banner should have exclusively featured dead characters

Jotari

35 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Well, I won't complain about another Elise ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn’t complain about a third elise either honestly. Really I just don’t want another Camilla but that’s been discussed to death so I’ll leave it at that.

While on the subject of dead characters any first gen from awakening or genealogy I feel would work. Honestly I would kill for a risen king chrom alt.

7 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I wouldn’t complain about a third elise either honestly. Really I just don’t want another Camilla but that’s been discussed to death so I’ll leave it at that.

While on the subject of dead characters any first gen from awakening or genealogy I feel would work. Honestly I would kill for a risen king chrom alt.

4th Elise*

We have OG, Summer, and Hostile Springs

Just let me finish my Emblem, then I won't ask for more

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

4th Elise*

We have OG, Summer, and Hostile Springs

Just let me finish my Emblem, then I won't ask for more

Oh right I was only thinking about alts didn’t really count the OG. 

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

-Pelleas

He actually has an ending in Radiant Dawn, though, and just because you can't play as him on the first playthrough doesn't mean he's canonically dead.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd also like Philia- that Pegasus Knight who served Emmeryn with the granny-white hair and granny haircut who died in the same chapter as Emm's fall to warped-in Risen Snipers in an attempt to save her lady. Why? Because why did she get stuck staying dead when everyone else got the "playable in some way" card in Awakening sans Validar and Walhart's goons? I wanted an Awakening Triangle Attack, and she would've been its third member.

Who on earth is going to pull for Philia?

I mean I would soley out of spite & because it's Awakening.

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

Are there even enough such heroes for a Fallen Heroes 2 banner?

The only ones that come to mind are Lyon (Formortis, beast), Rajaion (beast), and Bertram (GHB, rune sword).

There's Greil & I guess Rinea. I'm not really sure Berkut counts because he was always a dick.

Technically speaking Fernand should also count.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Well, I won't complain about another Elise ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would hope not, since you're requesting her.

12 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Yeah, maybe the best for a banner would be:

-Turban Hardin (Lance Cavalry)

-Scarlet (Axe Flier)

-Leila (Colorless/Red Dagger Infantry)

-Greil (Axe Infantry)

GHB: Lorenz (Lance Armor)

Might develop this in the Create a Hero thread.

Since the plot will likely have is in Hell for quite a while, here's three different banners. One themed around dead heroes, one around dead people who are still sort of antagonists and one for villains.

Martyred Heroes
-Azelle-Red Tome Mounted
-Leila - Knives infantry
-Pelleas - Blue tome infantry (blue because Azelle stole red)

-Lilith - Green Breath flying

Or alternatively, Leila as a green knife unit and Izana as a colourless staff unit (dude wins the award for the most stupid, needlessly, contrived death in the series, might as well honour him for it).

GHB
-Lorenz - Sword armoured (Here and not in the following category because he wasn't tricked or forced to fight the player. He was totally in the right and Marth was in the wrong)

Sacrifical Heroes
-Scarlet- Axe flier
-Hardin - Sword mounted (put here because if he's dead it means villain Hardin happened. Even if his characterisation would be precorrupted Hardin)
-Erimiah-Blue Tome infantry (all her kids are here, might as well throw her in)
-Rajaion -Colourless Breath infantry (considered making him flying, but no wings in human form and we don't have an infantry colourless breath yet)

-GHB Yen'Fey- Sword infantry (used as an introduction to damage tiles)

Tyrannical Heroes
-Rudolf -Lance Mounted
-Validar - Red tome infantry
-Langbolt -Axe mounted (we need helswath damnit)
-Lekain - Staff Armour (armour because he never walks anywhere, instead choosing to warp)

GHB
-Garon-axe armour

Tried to pick villains that not only stuck with the tyrannical theme, but also whose death meant something (Rudolf got a tearful send off, Vidar came back from the dead twice and Lekain's death resolved the blood pact).

5 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

He actually has an ending in Radiant Dawn, though, and just because you can't play as him on the first playthrough doesn't mean he's canonically dead.

He is a character who dies in the story of the game, just like Scarlet.

Edited by Jotari

Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena Elena-

I'm sure you catch my drift. But yeah, it'd be nice if they brought in some dead characters while we're in Hel. Then again, it's only those who "aren't deserving of anything more" so I don't know. 'Course, then how would one explain Lif or Gustav (Thrasir's questionable) becoming minions of Hel? Rinea and Berkut (FE15) go up into light, not down into darkness, but it'd be cool to get Enlightened!Berkut and Rinea. I still think that Valhalla is the next stop (book 4), that or something directly to do with the four dragons (Askr, Muspell, Embla, and Nifl), so maybe they're saving some of them for that?

I also want Leila (FE7). Poor Matthew's waited long enough. He even alludes to her in one of his castle quotes, and he's one of the first heroes the player gets. Poor guy... Such a long wait, holding onto hope...

Ah, Emmeryn and Gangrel (both from FE13) might work, too. (At least Gangel talks about having died, but you can still get Morgan out of him, so...?) And Emmeryn is treated as dead whether she's recruited or not.

Ah! But I'd love to finally be able to play Fernand (FE15), too! Poor guy's such an interesting character who I kept wanting to recruit...

But yeah, definitely want Rajaion (but it'd be best if it was his pre-Ashnard form, and also his kid someday) and Sumeragi (FE14), too. Oh! And that one peg knight I can't remember the name of from FE13. She looked recruitable, but then she wasn't.

Death happens to a lot of characters in FE.

Hmmm. . .no Boah?  There's a reason why he wasn't recruitable in 12. . .

I think it would be pretty amusing if there was a banner featuring characters who disappear in their ending. . .though it would mean another Luke (along with Caesar, Knoll, and another Lucina).

How about this for a twist. Arran GHB. Remember him? He was that Jeigan who was dying from a debilitating illness throughout 3/12, and was probably already suffering somewhat given his state in 1/11. Except now we get to see the guy in his full glory, because when you're in the realm of the dead, you're back to your prime. Arran gets another shot to redeem himself, but this time he's got the strength to back it up. Mind you I don't expect it to happen in a million years, but if IS did it, it'd be nice.

After that serious answer, I could take a potshot (or shameless plug) and say anyone from @Saint Rubenio's iron man runs. I assume he'll forgive the jest given the advertising.

1 minute ago, Mad-manakete said:

How about this for a twist. Arran GHB. Remember him? He was that Jeigan who was dying from a debilitating illness throughout 3/12, and was probably already suffering somewhat given his state in 1/11. Except now we get to see the guy in his full glory, because when you're in the realm of the dead, you're back to your prime. Arran gets another shot to redeem himself, but this time he's got the strength to back it up. Mind you I don't expect it to happen in a million years, but if IS did it, it'd be nice.

If this happens I'll download Heroes again.

2 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

After that serious answer, I could take a potshot (or shameless plug) and say anyone from @Saint Rubenio's iron man runs. I assume he'll forgive the jest given the advertising.

Why is it that even when I'm getting free ads that I didn't even ask for, I'm being made fun of?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why is it that even when I'm getting free ads that I didn't even ask for, I'm being made fun of?

Because a big part of the appeal of your LPs is the fact they're humorous, which is something hard to achieve without the humility to laugh at yourself (which you do regularly). Also because the joke only works because this is a thread about dead characters, and I couldn't make a joke about the ones that survive.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm. . .no Boah?  There's a reason why he wasn't recruitable in 12. . .

I think it would be pretty amusing if there was a banner featuring characters who disappear in their ending. . .though it would mean another Luke (along with Caesar, Knoll, and another Lucina).

Oh wow, I like completely forgot that Boah died in New Mystey. Surprised they didn't pull Michaelis with him. Just about everyone else aside from the "There's absolutely no way we can write around this" Lorenz and Hardin got into New Mystery no matter how contrived it felt.

1 hour ago, Mad-manakete said:

That would actually be epic. Arran was always the most interesting Jeigan from a diversity stand point.