Strange Crits with <5%

Ok, how does the ''crit frequency'' of FE12 works? This is the forth time that I got ripped apart by a 1%-2% Crit and now this thing is getting pretty frustrating. Just for some backstory, I was playing Chapter 3 (that boring one with Matthis, Julian, Palla and all that) and everything was going ''ok'' until the moment that I decided to Recruit Matthis. To do this, I decided to also use Bord, because he can't kill shit at his base level, right..? No. 2% Critical hit. Restart the Whole Map again because of ideals. (And YES, I know you can unequip characters! I'm just dumb and forgot to do this!)

Anyway, should I just worry whatever a enemy (or me vs allied units) has >0%Crit or there's a more complex crit frequency?

First. . .one of the complaints about the DS games is that they don't get supports.  That's a misnomer.  Supports exist, and in this case, they can help with your crit issue!

There's two ways of dealing with this:

1. Take advantage of supports!  It's a 5% decrease in enemy crit, but it's better than nothing!
2. Raise your stats!  This can be through reclassing, stat boosting items, tonics, or shards.  If your Luck is high enough, you'll negate the crit entirely.  If your Def/Res is high enough, 0*(crit multiplier) is 0.  Or you can attempt to raise your Speed, so that the attack doesn't hit in the first place.

Good luck!

Speaking of speed...

A critical hit is calculated before or after Hit?

For example, Critical=100%, Hit=1%, would the attack miss (unless you're actually that one guy who gets hit at 1%) or be a critical? (I know there's no chance of a 0% Hit being a critical, but what about this?)

7 hours ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

Speaking of speed...

A critical hit is calculated before or after Hit?

For example, Critical=100%, Hit=1%, would the attack miss (unless you're actually that one guy who gets hit at 1%) or be a critical? (I know there's no chance of a 0% Hit being a critical, but what about this?)

I think hit is calculated first.

Oh, thanks for answering. I actually tried this on FEBuilder and you're right, every single hit (with 100% critical and 1% hit) missed, with the exception of one single time that I actually got a hit (is my luck really that bad..?)