The most absurd things to happen in FE

Just come in and tell us the most absurd things to happen to you while playing FE, or just happen in FE in general.

For me it was in my recent Lunatic Birthright play through, I decided it would be a good idea to give Takumi the Paragon, Boots, and reclass him to Lodestar. I broke the game. He took on chapter 12 entirely on his own. He killed everyone. He's done with being blamed for everything (dead meme hehe)

Even worst still... After the ridiculous stat gains and level ups...

Azama surpassed him stat wise and I didn't even try. I didn't mean for Azama to do this. I didn't WANT Azama to do this. He just... Ascended to a higher plane of being. 

Help

Edited by Comycat_Aleu
Adding to post

For me, it is Nah and Manakete!Morgan solo'ing Rogues and Redeemers 3, which I found to be the second hardest (and most enjoyable) Awakening DLC map after Apotheosis. The same two characters that carried the entire game for me by the time I got them proceeded to make mincemeat out of some of the hardest opponents the game has to offer and I sat there and was like "holy crap".

Sure, looking back, it might not have been too impressive, since there are many ways to solo that map, but when I played that map for the first time in another playthrough, I struggled HARD (as I did with the entirety of Awakening because I suck(ed)). Went back to my original save file, let Nah and Morgan loose on the map, hid Chrom in a corner somewhere and proceeded to watch as my daughters destroyed everything.

The second most absurd thing that happened to me is little Cleric Genny slaughtering an entire boat's worth of Arcanists. She wasn't a Saint yet, she hadn't even gained that many levels, but she utterly destroyed them. I have no idea how, but I don't call her "Genny the Invincible" for nothing.

Local racist fashionista beats quiet dragon boi with SPEARS and LOGIC...  That was a thing I did one time in Fates, and it was really the only ending that could've transpired.

One time whilst playing the Mystery of the Emblem, the local Ogma managed to doge-tank a metric ton of lethal attacks while simultaneously destroying every single enemy that attacked him.

In Awakening, I once had a Lissa that became one of my physically strongest units.  Same thing sometimes would happen with Sakura and Mitama in Fates.  Lesson being, don't fuck with little cleric girls, because they will get lean, and they certainly will be mean if you cross them.

In Binding Blade and Blazing Sword, it has to be all the times one of the armor knights managed to double archers and mercenaries.  Hell, one time Oswin managed to double a goddamn pegasus knight - a unit that is know for being really frickin' slow managed to double a unit that is known for its speed.  And it's all because armor knights are the only units with enough con to virtually render them incapable of being encumbered, while pegasus knights and most other non-axe-wielding infantry are small as heck.  Who knew being big made you faster?

But the most ridiculous thing ever is me playing the hack known as "Ostian Princess".  I'm pretty sure the author of that hack wrote the book that defined absurdity, because literally nothing makes sense in that hack.

Back when I had this thing called Free Time, I drafted.  Quite a bit.  As a result, I fell in love with Shadow Dragon.  But I digress!

During one of my drafts, this random guy decided that he didn't like being a mere foot unit - he wanted more out of life.  He wanted revenge on those assholes who peppered his friends with Thunder. . .so Tomas, despite having questionable Res growth, somehow ended with 7 Res, as a Dracoknight.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Back when I had this thing called Free Time, I drafted.  Quite a bit.  As a result, I fell in love with Shadow Dragon.  But I digress!

During one of my drafts, this random guy decided that he didn't like being a mere foot unit - he wanted more out of life.  He wanted revenge on those assholes who peppered his friends with Thunder. . .so Tomas, despite having questionable Res growth, somehow ended with 7 Res, as a Dracoknight.

Humanity is motivated by many things. Getting back at spite is one of them.

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

Izana's death. Not a gaemplay thing, but definitely counts.

I agree. It's like they said "okay screw Scarlet and Izana fans in particular" and threw fuga in. Like, no one cares about Fuga. Why.

I had another one just today, which is absurd on a meta-level. I was playing Fates again (I got SUPER bored and had nothing else to do) and it wasn't long before I just felt a sudden surge of anger inside me. I had no idea where it came from, but I got so mad I was just about ready to throw something against a wall. I had to turn the game off, otherwise it would have been my 3DS. I have NO idea why that happened. I didn't even get screwed by the RNG or something, but I was utterly furious.

I'm starting to think I need help...

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I had another one just today, which is absurd on a meta-level. I was playing Fates again (I got SUPER bored and had nothing else to do) and it wasn't long before I just felt a sudden surge of anger inside me. I had no idea where it came from, but I got so mad I was just about ready to throw something against a wall. I had to turn the game off, otherwise it would have been my 3DS. I have NO idea why that happened. I didn't even get screwed by the RNG or something, but I was utterly furious.

I'm starting to think I need help...

The broken plot of Revelations is to blame

also takumi

59 minutes ago, Comycat_Aleu said:

The broken plot of Revelations is to blame

also takumi

As much as I hate Takumi, the guy wasn't even on screen. I hadn't even recruited him yet. And I was playing Birthright, not Revelations. But yeah, Revs plot is broken. That's probably the best way to put it.

Libra died to a 55% chance to hit, 5% chance to crit in my first Ironman of Awakening. And it was to a crit. After I had unlocked several of his supports and started to grow on him as a character. His wife and child, Panne and Yarne, avenged his death. I also learned that some solo endings are actually pretty tragic in the context that a loved one died.

Earlier in the same playthrough, Donnel would have survived if he had gained a single point of defense on his level up. He didn't, and Kellam didn't bother duel guarding, so he died. At least Kellam avenged his death.

Later in said Ironman, Stahl died on the penultimate level, and when Laurent Thoron-ed Aversa in the face, Lucina decided that he was the man for her, as the S-Supported right before the game ended.

Also, Lucina and Laurent are the only pairing I can get without trouble, and I wish there was an option to declare celibacy because male Robin only married once among multiple playthroughs.

From an out-of-context instead of gameplay example, saying "My only unit that has capped strength this run is a shapeshifting bunny warrior that is riding a dragon while wearing little more than a blouse" is certain to raise eyebrows of anyone who hasn't played the game.

I've said this story before, but on when I was playing the Last Bastion level on hard difficulty for the first time in Echoes, a Rigelian baron, who I named Charlie, survived at least 6 to 10 critical hits under the combined effort of Clive, Mathilda, and ZEKE! And yet Charlie still stood fast to the bitter end. If there was any doubt that Rigel didn't live up to their reputation as warriors, he removed it.

Getting Reinhardt and BB!Cordelia to +10 made Arena super easy in general during the pre-Bonus kill, pre-trench, and pre-Refinement era (cavalry teams still kicked my ass on occasion though).

The amount of damage output both can dish out was absurd.

Edited by XRay

Three days back, I was playing Shadows of Valentia, and was on the Sluice gate level on Alm's route.

Luthier died to a 1% crit. Three times. In a row.

22 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Three days back, I was playing Shadows of Valentia, and was on the Sluice gate level on Alm's route.

Luthier died to a 1% crit. Three times. In a row.

That's harsh. Like, really harsh. Reminds me of how, on the very same level, all attacks I used on one Paladin missed completely (they were in this order: arrow from Python, arrow from Tobin, Thunder from Luthier, Thunder from Kliff, attack by Clive, attack by Clair -> this is the reason I do not trust anything these guys do anymore), cue his turn, he attacked Clive, landed a crit at ridiculously low hit rates, which left him at 1 HP, then Delthea came in and killed him. Also with a crit, just to drive the point home "thanks for playing this game! Now get the f*** out of here!".

Edited by DragonFlames

On 4/23/2019 at 3:11 PM, DragonFlames said:

That's harsh. Like, really harsh. Reminds me of how, on the very same level, all attacks I used on one Paladin missed completely (they were in this order: arrow from Python, arrow from Tobin, Thunder from Luthier, Thunder from Kliff, attack by Clive, attack by Clair -> this is the reason I do not trust anything these guys do anymore), cue his turn, he attacked Clive, landed a crit at ridiculously low hit rates, which left him at 1 HP, then Delthea came in and killed him. Also with a crit, just to drive the point home "thanks for playing this game! Now get the f*** out of here!".

Ah, good old erratic hit rates. It's a reason I love/hate XCOM and Xenonauts so much.

The Luthier thing was weird though. I used him to attack Tatarrah with excalibur, hoping it would crit the dastardly fiend or at least damage him enough that he could be killed easily the next turn. Well, Tatarrah crit with a 1% chance of doing so, so I used the timewheel, and had Luthier use excalibur again, thinking that the metaphorical lightning couldn't strike twice. It did. I realized that the definition of insanity is attempting the same thing over and expecting different results, so instead of having Lutier attack, I just moved him in range of the enemy because he could tank the magic attacks, and I could easily heal him next round. And then another arcanist used mire, and activated the 1% (really 2%, if that makes a difference) crit chance he had. It was then that I decided that fate didn't have Luthiers survival in store, so I didn't leave him in the attack range this time, and instead had Grey tank everything Then everything else was smooth sailing.

On a side note, this was also the only time where Delthea didn't warp to attack Clive. That happened every time I played the game previously, and then Alm crits her while using the subdue skill. I like to imagine Clive giving Alm an exasperated "this is what I was talking about earlier" look when this happens, with Alm sheepishly smiling at the touche, and then german suplexing Delthea, who runs away crying after being brought down to 1 HP.

21 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Ah, good old erratic hit rates. It's a reason I love/hate XCOM and Xenonauts so much.

The Luthier thing was weird though. I used him to attack Tatarrah with excalibur, hoping it would crit the dastardly fiend or at least damage him enough that he could be killed easily the next turn. Well, Tatarrah crit with a 1% chance of doing so, so I used the timewheel, and had Luthier use excalibur again, thinking that the metaphorical lightning couldn't strike twice. It did. I realized that the definition of insanity is attempting the same thing over and expecting different results, so instead of having Lutier attack, I just moved him in range of the enemy because he could tank the magic attacks, and I could easily heal him next round. And then another arcanist used mire, and activated the 1% (really 2%, if that makes a difference) crit chance he had. It was then that I decided that fate didn't have Luthiers survival in store, so I didn't leave him in the attack range this time, and instead had Grey tank everything Then everything else was smooth sailing.

On a side note, this was also the only time where Delthea didn't warp to attack Clive. That happened every time I played the game previously, and then Alm crits her while using the subdue skill. I like to imagine Clive giving Alm an exasperated "this is what I was talking about earlier" look when this happens, with Alm sheepishly smiling at the touche, and then german suplexing Delthea, who runs away crying after being brought down to 1 HP.

Yeah, I do have a feeling that sometimes, Fire Emblem games have it out for certain units, either stat screwing them or making damn sure they die somehow, no matter how many times you reset.

I don't know why, but the image of Alm suplexing a little girl is funny to me.