Special Heroes Silhouettes for April 19th!

Anacybele

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lanko said:

EDIT: Oh, it's seasonal? They don't release currently unused characters as seasonals, right?

They do sometimes. There are a couple of characters like this, the most recent being Valentines Greil.

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

New Tempest Trials+ event with new reward unit and new seals: R E A L   S H I T.

Nah, not even that especially if the unit is another damn Heroes OC. Just give me those Paralogue orbs.....that I’m not even going to use on this banner.

People making DR references because of the Meat Skewer while I'm just thinking off Yuru Camp and now the OP is stuck in my head again...

---------

Genny seems to be the left one. Almost no doubt about that. No clue who the one on the right is though.
Gotta say that if it does turn out to be a camping themed banner that it's nice we're getting something different.

Nice that Echoes finally gets some seasonals, you'd think they'd promote it more being a current 3DS game.  Kinda torn, I'd like Delthea to finally get an alt but I need to save orbs right now.  More than the banner, I look forward to the TT, since I get a new seasonal for free and the seals.

3 hours ago, Tree said:

They do sometimes. There are a couple of characters like this, the most recent being Valentines Greil.

Don't forget Bruno!

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Pass seal, though. :p

I guess we both enjoy watching the world burn, but I can do one better: Wings of Mercy!

Or Cavalry Boots/Horse Shoes for 4 movement spaces.

Edited by XRay

17 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, a kitchen knife or he has to be a sword unit swinging around a frying pan a la Disney's Tangled! lol

There is a frying pan item existed in New Mystery of the Emblem as an Axe weapon. It was used as a joke weapon and only uses 1 hit damage on a lot of enemies. I don't think a Frying Pan can be used as a Sword.

I definitely think it's Camping Banner with Marshmallow Sticks be used as a Lance and maybe the other skewer items can be used as an Lance or Axe (incase if there is a big meat in it.)

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Don't forget Bruno!

Oh, you're right! Bruno is actually more recent (and Veronica too I guess, since her regular form isn't available). They've done that to several other characters too.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A frying pan is too small to be an axe type weapon imo.

While some axes are large, hatchets and tomahawks tend to be much smaller than average size frying pans. (Of course there are large frying pans too.) Also, they tend to use the axe category as miscellaneous to cover anything that is club-like and not sharp (swords) or pointy (spears).

5 minutes ago, Tree said:

While some axes are large, hatchets and tomahawks tend to be much smaller than average size frying pans. (Of course there are large frying pans too.) Also, they tend to use the axe category as miscellaneous to cover anything that is club-like and not sharp (swords) or pointy (spears).

Eh, I guess...

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A frying pan is too small to be an axe type weapon imo.

7 minutes ago, Tree said:

While some axes are large, hatchets and tomahawks tend to be much smaller than average size frying pans.

Real-life war axes are waaaaaaay smaller than the axes depicted in Fire Emblem and in most fantasy settings in general.

Axes used for cutting firewood are already on the large side and they can afford to be large (and therefore heavy and slow) because firewood typically does not try to kill you before you can swing the axe at it.

Even the smallest of frying pans (like the ones used for single pancakes) have business ends larger than your typical war axe.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Real-life war axes are waaaaaaay smaller than the axes depicted in Fire Emblem and in most fantasy settings in general.

Axes used for cutting firewood are already on the large side and they can afford to be large (and therefore heavy and slow) because firewood typically does not try to kill you before you can swing the axe at it.

Even the smallest of frying pans (like the ones used for single pancakes) have business ends larger than your typical war axe.

Well, as you just pointed out yourself, FE axes tend to be bigger. xP And we're talking about FE here, not real life. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Past seasonal axes include:

• Flag
  • Giant spoon
  • Bell
  • Inflatable pool toy
  • Melon on a stick
  • Bag of gifts

Seems to be include basically any handheld object you'd rather use to bludgeon someone with than stab them. Similarly to how "seasonal dagger" means "basically anything you can throw at someone".

Plus, seasonal weapons tend to favor weapon types that show up less in the regular summoning pool.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, that's true about the axes... and swords, spears, armor - actually that's true of just about everything in Heroes. :D:

[Edit] The units oversized heads always looked odd to me, but it's just the art style.

Edited by Tree

Yeah, and I admit I'd prefer more axe units than sword units. So I guess it is a lot more likely for a frying pan to be classified as an axe.

In the case of flags though, they've been both an axe and a lance in Heroes. Summer Innes uses one as an axe, but Hot Spring Ryoma uses one as a lance. ...Well, technically Ryoma's weapon is called a curtain, but they're still very similar in structure.

A spoon has been both an axe and lance too. Bride Charlotte uses a spoon as a lance while Bunny Alfonse has one as an axe.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, as you just pointed out yourself, FE axes tend to be bigger. xP And we're talking about FE here, not real life. lol

Point being that frying pans, being bigger than real-life war axes, are definitely big enough to hurt.

1 minute ago, Tree said:

Yeah, that's true about the axes... and swords, spears, armor - actually that's true of just about everything in Heroes. :D:

Most of the generic swords and spears in Fire Emblem are actually decently sized (as long as you use realistic thicknesses for their blades). The ones in Heroes's battle sprites are exaggerated in size due to chibi proportions.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Point being that frying pans, being bigger than real-life war axes, are definitely big enough to hurt.

Oh, of course I'm aware of that. That's one reason I suggested it as a seasonal Heroes weapon in the first place. lol