Special Heroes Silhouettes for April 19th!

Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Well, technically Ryoma's weapon is called a curtain, but they're still very similar in structure.

That's because it's curtains. Actually for reals.

Ryoma's curtain pole is at least as long as he is tall. Innes's flagpole is about as long as his legs.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A spoon has been both an axe and lance too. Bride Charlotte uses a spoon as a lance while Bunny Alfonse has one as an axe.

The egg in Alfonse's spoon is very important as it adds significant extra weight to the end of the weapon, making it more similar to an axe than a lance.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ryoma's curtain pole is at least as long as he is tall. Innes's flagpole is about as long as his legs.

I still see them as similar enough. Still, didn't know Ryoma's weapon actually was a real life kind of curtain/curtain rod.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The egg in Alfonse's spoon is very important as it adds significant extra weight to the end of the weapon, making it more similar to an axe than a lance.

Duh, I know that. My point is that you can tweak a spoon to be either or depending on how you have the character use it. Charlotte uses the whole spoon itself while Alfonse puts something ON the spoon.

Edited by Anacybele

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Past seasonal axes include:

• Flag
  • Giant spoon
  • Bell
  • Inflatable pool toy
  • Melon on a stick
  • Bag of gifts

Don’t forget about the wooden paddle / hagoita.

If that can qualify as an axe, I don’t see why a frying pan couldn’t.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Most of the generic swords and spears in Fire Emblem are actually decently sized (as long as you use realistic thicknesses for their blades). The ones in Heroes's battle sprites are exaggerated in size due to chibi proportions.

Yeah, many of the generic swords and spears are actually somewhat realistic looking, but they look so tiny compared to everything else due to the style. I wonder if the weapons would have been made so oversized if the game were meant to be played on larger screens. I'm not sure if there is even one realistically proportioned axe in the game. Most of the brave weapon designs are unrealistic at any proportion. With all of the holes wouldn't they would actually be slower to swing? They'd probably make a nice swish sound though.

6 minutes ago, Tree said:

I'm not sure if there is even one realistically proportioned axe in the game.

There aren't any.

8 minutes ago, Tree said:

Most of the brave weapon designs are unrealistic at any proportion. With all of the holes wouldn't they would actually be slower to swing? They'd probably make a nice swish sound though.

Holes wouldn't hinder you as long as you have proper edge alignment in your swing. The issue is more with the structural integrity of the weapon and the fact that most of the Brave weapons are depicted as being relatively thick, which is more unrealistic than the holes.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There aren't any.

Yeah, didn't think so.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Holes wouldn't hinder you as long as you have proper edge alignment in your swing. The issue is more with the structural integrity of the weapon and the fact that most of the Brave weapons are depicted as being relatively thick, which is more unrealistic than the holes.

True, thickness is a problem on many of the weapon designs. I was thinking that the holes would affect the speed of the air over the surface and slightly slow it down?

The video is out.

...yep, I'm just as underwhelmed as I was when I first heard it would be camping themed. Kinda feels like they weren't trying to keep Genny's involvement a secret...

Also, which of the two was supposed to be the silhouette on the right...?

Edited by Xenomata

15 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Is there a problem or something?

None at all, just saying it's amusing. That's about it.

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

Cut it out.

Cut what out? I'm not trying stoke anything here.

22 hours ago, toxic1 said:

None at all, just saying it's amusing. That's about it.

Cut what out? I'm not trying stoke anything here.

When you make a broad statement about a group of people known to be touchy over a subject, that's not a "just saying".  I don't think you're completely oblivious to the state of the Heroes fandom, or you would have no reason to make that comment in the first place.  At best, this is a serious failure to express yourself properly - try investing a few more words to make yourself clear.  At worst, I'll yell at you in the future.  I'd rather not do the latter.