Special Heroes Arrive! A Season for Picnics! - April 19th!

Anacybele

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it they had to put Lukas on this (cries tears over not being able to save orbs).  Was that Leo at the end there?  If Leo is the TT reward I will be very happy.

Hmm. Not bad, but nothing jumps out at me either. I do like the free Leo, though, since he's currently the only Fates royal I'm missing.

The only thing I hate about this is more armors... Seasonal armors over and over don't solve any problems, IS, they just make people sick of them. I'm probably foddering Leo since I don't give a crap about him and I'm tired of Nohr royals. And Fates royals in general, kind of.

Edited by Anacybele

...Seriously? Valentia has a whopping zero seasonals and when they finally get a seasonal banner 3/5 units are from Fates??????? Ugh. The concept was cute but I am not here for more Fates seasonals, especially more Fates Royals (even if Leo’s on the lower end of alts there). 

Seriously, how do all of the Fates royals have at least two alts (hell I think everyone but Hinoka has at least two seasonals) before some of our lords even get one? Where’s a Celica seasonal or an Alm or hell a Leif or Seliph?

It's funny that Lukas and Genny get an alt before Alm does.

Not a fan of arbitrary reasons for being armor.  (A backpack, really?)  But Leo's free, so at least I'm guaranteed to get the one I want most.

god fucking damnit those blue twintails are my fucking weakness

In all seriousness though I'm probably not gonna pull. The characters just don't really interest me.

I'm always down for more armors, but this does seem a bit more random than even Valentine's Day.

I do like that Flora has a new unit type, though. I don't plan on going for anyone here, but she's my favorite of them regardless.

They all look great, fantastic art and cute outfits, but otherwise eh. IS is really trying to push AR, and yay more seasonal armors -_-. How about Tauroneo? He's just mainline Gustav for all intents and purposes and I'm pretty sure like half the player base would murder both Alphonse and Sharena for Gustav (okay, maybe just me).

Probably gonna go for Felicia on the free pull, but otherwise, pass. While this is probably my favorite seasonal theme in quite some time, it's still a seasonal, and none of the characters are big favorites.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I have no problem with the characters selected, but armours mean they're wasted slots for me. Freebie on grey, and if there's more than one, I might spend 4-8 orbs but eh.

Felicia might be more appealing if her skillset wasn't so confused. A res-tank armour without DC? The other two with AR skills can just go away.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm always down for more armors, but this does seem a bit more random than even Valentine's Day.

I do like that Flora has a new unit type, though. I don't plan on going for anyone here, but she's my favorite of them regardless.

In Lukas's default outfit, he wears armor and is an infantry unit. In Lukas's seasonal, he wears no armor, and is an armored unit.

Oh yeah, and of course, Lukas is the only one without a full skill set and he's the only guy. Why is IS so sexist like this? Why can't more guys have full sets too?

I love that Lukas is here and I want him (even if he is an armor, but it actually makes some sense here for him because of his big back pack), but I'm getting tired of seeing male characters get treated this way.

Dang! Here I was hoping to skip this banner but I WANT that Flora (and Genny too, she looks so happy). I'm at the point of not needing anything unit wise L!Eirika aside but Legendary banners hate me so I'll just pull for units that catch my fancy with their artwork.

With that out of the way, I don't know about the AR exclusive skills. If I read the descriptions correctly the defensive one seems to be the better one of the two because it is stronger when you have more structures standing while the offensive one gets stronger when your party destroys buildings. The offensive one requires you to waste turns destroying buildings and with how unforgiving AR already is this just adds another layer of annoyance. If this isn't armor exclusive then you can bet the defensive one is going to be nasty on Firesweep Galeforce horse maps.

Characters, art, voice work, all on point, this is a neat banner and the theme doesn't feel out of place or weird. I only wish Felicia was the freebie. Also Genny should be riding the deer for maximum picnic power.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

In Lukas's default outfit, he wears armor and is an infantry unit. In Lukas's seasonal, he wears no armor, and is an armored unit.

Gotta apply the RPG female armor logic to the boys at some point right?

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

I'll do one full pull, and that's it. The theme is cute, yes, but I really do not approve of these new seasonal banners replacing an actual new heroes banner. Also, I'd rather have normal Flora over seasonal Flora.