Special Heroes Arrive! A Season for Picnics! - April 19th!

Anacybele

This banner is so random, like insanely random in terms of theme and character selection. I love Felicia and she's adorable here but they just had to make her a green armour unit T-T. 5/6 of my green armours happen to be axes like IS please, why is she B!Ephraim + beast slayer?? Damn, I might just cave in depending on my luck during the Legendary Banner.

Honestly I'm fine with more Fates since the maids haven't gotten any alts before this and Leo only has that lacklustre summer version. More power to the supporting cast! Also I'm just biased, Felicia is on the banner which makes this an automatic 10/10.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the backpack is the reason for armor movement. I'm neutral to the theme and characters, so I'll get to save orbs. I don't really care for Leo, but he's getting put to work in the next TT. I don't mind them trying new themes though as it can get dull repeating all the same themes.The artwork is nice.

If picnic Lukas is anything like his regular self, then Berkut's Lance would work well with him since his defense is likely overkill, but this time, he gets to abuse Ward Armor stacking and access to Fighter skills.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Not a fan of arbitrary reasons for being armor.  (A backpack, really?) 

Inside it is an average size neutron star, which it can hold without causing Leo to sink through the ground due to having as much timespace distortion as that caused by Anankos across the multiverse.

3/5ths Fates is one character too conservative here. I understand why they'd mix Fates/Awakening/OCs with other games when it comes to Seasonal Alts, but I'd have rather they had been slightly more adventurous.

*Ahem* I've been wanting a camping theme! I don't like Seasonals at all, nor will I ever use a single one of them beyond a TT-associated unit for the duration of its TT. Yet I think picnics/camping is nice outdoors alternative to swimsuits.

Now where is my Summer Sports Banner of Lacrosse Florina, Basketball Coach Mathilda, Home Run Hero King Marth, Lifelong Runner Leif, and... umm... Sassy Striker Severa(?)?

I like the theme and I love the twins and Genny and I also don’t mind that it’s more Fates because it’s characters that don’t have alts already but I really hate those new AR specific skills and also more seasonal armors due to arbitrary reasons is dumb and boring.

Leo is free tho which is neat. Kinda wish it would have been one of the girls since I prefer them over Leo but whatever. Just hope he’s good stat wise.

Not rolling due to lack of orbs and not wanting to support those P2W skills anyway but I hope to get Genny or Flora in my free pull. Felicia sadly has no place in my barracks since the Hectors and Amelia already fulfill all my Axe Armor needs.

Also, why isn’t Genny riding on her deer? Would have been glorious.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

AND FREE LEO, FINALLY, GOD BLESS IS AND HE'S GREEN, YEEEEEEESSSSSS

I would be this excited right now as well, but I'm kinda in a bad mood because I still don't have the 3.0 update for Smash Ultimate. Also, this means I have incentive to continue with AR even after I'm done with +10ing Haar so...great. I'm still grateful for the free Leo though just please don't be bottom tier garbage.

As for the actual banner, I'll start prioritizing it after I (hopefully) get at least one of the other three Gallians.

28 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

(A backpack, really?) 

I don't like a bunch of seasonal armors yet again, but tbh, a back pack can get damn heavy depending on what you put in it! There's a reason kids tend to complain about back pain from carrying those school books in them. I complained too. And more weight slows you down.

So Lukas has an excuse here, but the maid twins? I see zero reason there. Their outfits don't look hard to move in and they have no actual armor.

On another note OMG GENNY AND THAT BABY DEER. I kinda want her now. But I want Lukas more. DX

Those wondering why Genny isn't riding the deer, obviously it's just a baby and is far too small.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I would be this excited right now as well, but I'm kinda in a bad mood because I still don't have the 3.0 update for Smash Ultimate. Also, this means I have incentive to continue with AR even after I'm done with +10ing Haar so...great. I'm still grateful for the free Leo though just please don't be bottom tier garbage.

As for the actual banner, I'll start prioritizing it after I (hopefully) get at least one of the other three Gallians.

If it makes you feel better I'm away at college without my Switch so you're getting it before I am~

I just hope he has good defenses so I can make him a Raventome Mage because I would build him over Cecilia in a heartbeat~

Green mage cavalry is nice. It would give people more stuff to work with for difficult PvE content. With Ursula, GD!Titania, and ASFP!Leo, players can use a budget Blade cavalry team.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Ahem* I've been wanting a camping theme! I don't like Seasonals at all, nor will I ever use a single one of them beyond a TT-associated unit for the duration of its TT. Yet I think picnics/camping is nice outdoors alternative to swimsuits.

You say that as though we won't be getting 2 or 3 swimsuit banners as well this summer.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't like a bunch of seasonal armors yet again, but tbh, a back pack can get damn heavy depending on what you put in it! There's a reason kids tend to complain about back pain from carrying those school books in them. I complained too. And more weight slows you down.

So Lukas has an excuse here, but the maid twins? I see zero reason there. Their outfits don't look hard to move in and they have no actual armor.

On another note OMG GENNY AND THAT BABY DEER. I kinda want her now. But I want Lukas more. DX

Those wondering why Genny isn't riding the deer, obviously it's just a baby and is far too small.

Being weighed down shouldn't really be the criteria for armor.  Being slow isn't providing any extra defense, which is what armor is supposed to do.

...okay I don't have that much of a problem with camping seasonals, but...

Can we please stop giving the Seasonal units the Tempest Trial focus? How exactly am I supposed to take a scenario like "Veronica is feeling the effects of Emblia's blood" when everyone is either a sexy bunny or a bunny with a bulge?

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I would be this excited right now as well, but I'm kinda in a bad mood because I still don't have the 3.0 update for Smash Ultimate.

Damn, you to? I'm sad to say this, but I'm kinda glad it's not just me, just because it means I'm not the only person who's not being allowed to download content that I paid real money for...

4 minutes ago, IGdood said:

Is it just me or do they have custom animations?

Not sure what you mean by this. Plenty of seasonal units have custom animations. It's been a thing even since the first seasonal banner.

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Why TF does Genny have a deer in her artwork but isn't riding it, WTF IS

7 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Also, why isn’t Genny riding on her the deer? Would have been glorious.

Right there with you two. Seriously IS, you show us the deer and don't do anything with it?

All in all, I'm actually really surprised how much I like this banner. Aside from the usual Seasonal armor-bloat and Flora being a red dagger again, I'm ranging from neutral to very happy about everything. I love the artwork, especially since it's casual outdoors wear instead of silly costumes. The character choice is nice; it's a bit Fates-heavy, but the twins haven't gotten any attention yet and I like them anyway. Genny and Lukas are good to see even if I didn't buy Echoes since that game has been severely lacking in special characters. There are two random things that are kind of bugging me:

1. Anyone else find it weird just how huge those marshmallows that Genny's holding are?
  2. I can't help but think that the squirrel in Felicia's art is Lilith in disguise.

Anyway, breaking from my usual seasonal policy I think I'll pull until I get someone who isn't Lukas. Sorry sir, but you're definitely the dud unit on this banner.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Being weighed down shouldn't really be the criteria for armor.  Being slow isn't providing any extra defense, which is what armor is supposed to do.

Being armored in this game though is more about movement range and being slowed down like that means less movement range.

Cute banner. The artwork is great and it's a pretty fresh theme. Not sure how much I'll pull though. I'd like Felicia, but I also want to save for the Legendary Banner for a potential Legendary Micaiah.

That being said I honestly don't mind if New:Seasonal banners become 1:1. I know this is an unpopular thing to say, but I like alts as much as I do new characters, and I don't believe on the whole "Special Banners replace New Banners" thing.

That being said, good luck to everyone pulling. Hope you get your favorites!

Free Pull Genny please.
that's all I'm asking. 

(also curious who the other TT bonuses are... if it's Flora... Free pull OG Flora. that's all i'm asking)

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Cute banner. The artwork is great and it's a pretty fresh theme. Not sure how much I'll pull though. I'd like Felicia, but I also want to save for the Legendary Banner for a potential Legendary Micaiah.

That being said I honestly don't mind if New:Seasonal banners become 1:1. I know this is an unpopular thing to say, but I like alts as much as I do new characters, and I don't believe on the whole "Special Banners replace New Banners" thing.

honestly Jave - i'm the same way. Hell. make some of the seasonals part of the perm pool for all i care (FLYING. SUMMER. TIKI. KTHNXGAME).  i think it hits both sides of the spectrum and allows people to continue to save orbs, and allow them to be fun and creative:

ie: Armour Twins 

Edited by daisy jane

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

You say that as though we won't be getting 2 or 3 swimsuit banners as well this summer.

Oh, I expect that. I'm not happy with the idea of this Seasonal when it occupies what could've been better spent on another New Heroes. I'm not happy with two swimsuit banners a year either. But, when a new Seasonal releases, rather than be entirely negative, might as put on a smile and look to the silver lining.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You don't notice the invisible tricorn barrier the backpack emits then, it's working as intended. That is what the neutron star provides power for.

1 minute ago, KMT4ever said:

I think I'll pull until I get someone who isn't Lukas. Sorry sir, but you're definitely the dud unit on this banner.

His lance is inheritable and better than Shiro's Bright Naginata in every way. It can be refined to the same might with extra HP, or it can be refined for other stats.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Damn, you to? I'm sad to say this, but I'm kinda glad it's not just me, just because it means I'm not the only person who's not being allowed to download content that I paid real money for...

Yeah, I'm aware this is a widespread problem and not just a me problem. I'm pretty sure something like this happened for one of FE Warriors's updates (the Awakening one I think) too. Maybe this wouldn't be happening if Nintendo tried putting any money at all into their online servers.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Yeah, I'd like it even better if more seasonal banners had this kind of out-of-nowhere random theme. Having the repeating Spring banners with the same old designs is far less interesting than this banner with genuinely new artistic designs. Scrap all recurring seasonals and just make every single one have a random theme!

right when I'm supposed to start hoarding for Ike's and Veronica's reappearance ...

I'll prioritize the twins, while Genny will likely be nice, I have more than enough cavalry staff units

2 minutes ago, Tree said:

His lance is inheritable and better than Shiro's Bright Naginata in every way. It can be refined to the same might with extra HP, or it can be refined for other stats.

yeah i was just saying to my friend - they basically nerfed Shiro's usefullness.
Now everyone can be shiro haha