Special Heroes Arrive! A Season for Picnics! - April 19th!

Anacybele

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking twice about the banner I think pulling Genny makes most sense for me, I am not that fond about the A skills from Flora and Lukas. And I don't want to spend too much on them knowing I do not use them much.
I actually find the Staff of Genny not to bad, she can take a good supportive roll. And I need a new healer who takes place for farming HM xD

VALENTIA SEASONALS, I LIVE! Also, Free Leo, that's neat.

I think I'll try to pull either Lukas or Genny on my free summon, and that will be it. I still need to save up for Jill and Patty, and I'm also waiting to see what this month's Legendary Hero is (please be Alm). If anything, I'm just glad that we finally have seasonal variants of Valentia characters.

I liked the characters selections for this banner. Leo needs some more attention, since he is  the most forgotten between the Fates Royals, and having more of Max Mittelman work is always good.

I will probably spend some orbs on colorless orbs, but not that much. I need to save for the next Mythic Banner.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Not a fan of arbitrary reasons for being armor.  (A backpack, really?)  But Leo's free, so at least I'm guaranteed to get the one I want most.

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

In Lukas's default outfit, he wears armor and is an infantry unit. In Lukas's seasonal, he wears no armor, and is an armored unit.

"Armored" in Heroes is first and foremost a movement type rather than a "unit type" like it is in the main series games. That's why they call them "movement types" in the first place and why cats and Taguel count as cavalry despite not being mounted in any way.

Every complaint about "armors without armor" can be applied equally well to "cavalry without mounts", yet I've heard no one yet complain about the latter. It's fine to complain about "too many armors" because that's no different than "too many fast sword infantry", but if you complain about "armors without armor" but not "cavalry without mounts", then that's just having double standards.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I feel it worth noting that apparently the ratio of male to female employees at IS is almost exactly 3:1.  https://www.intsys.co.jp/company/outline/

Specifically, they've got 111 male employees and 40 female employees.

Well, kinda not surprised. The men would probably be more into the female characters, and if there's more of them than female employees, well, those poor women get outvoted. Though I would still like to believe that if the fanbase were clearly more into guys, the guys in the game would be getting the better treatment. Still, the guys would be more desirable in general if they were given the same treatment skill set and stat-wise. :/ I bet some players look more for those things than gender.

Nice to see Echoes get some not-Celica alts.
Finally some anti-beast weapons, even if they're stuck as Prf weapons.
Those AR-O/D skills look silly and awkward, in the face of more consistent options like CC/DC/FDR/SS4/Breaths/Fury/Bonus Doubler.
Sad that Leo isn't armored like the other 2 Fates units, but I guess cavalry flowers are my 2nd choice after armored flowers.

Genny's smile is just so precious. I'm super tempted to roll for her but I really do need to hold on my orbs. 

I don't really like how they introduced beast killer weapons on a seasonal banner. 

Now as for the banner itself...

I don't see anything that looks like a must-have for me, so I'm probably going to just leave it at getting one copy of each plus maybe an extra merge for one unit as an Arena bonus unit (maybe one of the maids if I start seeing Caineghis more often) if there are no good alternatives for the next season.

Good thing since Anime Central is next month, meaning my gacha budget is lower than usual.

Edited by Ice Dragon

16 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Armors with backpacks. Where's the strongest of them all: merchant Anna?

She probably wasn’t even considered, given IS seemingly hates Anna just as much as she loves her money.

Meanwhile, I must admit that I briefly thought Flora was Midori when I first saw the trailer. ...Damn, I wish they’d add her and/or Mozu (who’d also be right at home on this banner) already.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

She probably wasn’t even considered, given IS seemingly hates Anna just as much as she loves her money.

Meanwhile, I must admit that I briefly thought Flora was Midori when I first saw the trailer. ...Damn, I wish they’d add her and/or Mozu (who’d also be right at home on this banner) already.

People said IS hated Marth and then he got his second and third versions pretty much back-to-back.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that by this time next year, we'll have at least three versions of Anna in Heroes, maybe more.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

People said IS hated Marth and then he got his second and third versions pretty much back-to-back.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that by this time next year, we'll have at least three versions of Anna in Heroes, maybe more.

At the very least, I'm expecting Awakening Anna on this year's Farfetched banner.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wouldn't call mid May and late August back-to-back myself, but sure fair enough.

At least three by this time next year is a bit too generous in my opinion, though. Awakening Anna will get in on the next Farfetched type banner or sooner, but anything more than that is wishful thinking.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

meee toooo. I was like MIDORI? then i was like... nope. but she looks so much like her in the spirite. 
if I can somehow fluke into a Lukas on his legendary, I have some people who would like that lance

I keep wavering between if I need genny, or if i should just leave the month with all mah orbs. 

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I wouldn't call mid May and late August back-to-back myself, but sure fair enough.

At least three by this time next year is a bit too generous in my opinion, though. Awakening Anna will get in on the next Farfetched type banner or sooner, but anything more than that is wishful thinking.

Awakening Anna scored #5 on CYL3. The odds of some Anna not getting a seasonal alt for a whole more year are 0%.

This is how it always goes. IS goes a while without making a type of character that would obviously be popular, and people say they hate them, and then suddenly they do it a bunch. We're currently seeing that effect with both Tellius and beast units, and there have been a bunch of previous examples. I remember when IS seemed to be allergic to adding more armors or OCs, and people wondered why they hated them so much.

You know what, since Leo's magic food makes me crack up, I'm gonna keep him when I get him. lol Also, at least I'll have a green cav mage I'm willing to use besides Gunnthra, since I'm not into Cecilia or LA Lilina.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

Awakening Anna scored #5 on CYL3. The odds of some Anna not getting a seasonal alt for a whole more year are 0%.

Heh, tell that one to Ike.

Perhaps, but CYL1’s #1 male only got his first seasonal alt just two months ago. IS may be predictable, but at the same time they’re far from completely so.

33 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Perhaps, but CYL1’s #1 male only got his first seasonal alt just two months ago. IS may be predictable, but at the same time they’re far from completely so.

Yeah and I'm STILL baffled at why it took so long for arguably the most popular FE character to get even one seasonal alt after the most popular female got two by that time.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Armored" in Heroes is first and foremost a movement type rather than a "unit type" like it is in the main series games. That's why they call them "movement types" in the first place and why cats and Taguel count as cavalry despite not being mounted in any way.

Every complaint about "armors without armor" can be applied equally well to "cavalry without mounts", yet I've heard no one yet complain about the latter. It's fine to complain about "too many armors" because that's no different than "too many fast sword infantry", but if you complain about "armors without armor" but not "cavalry without mounts", then that's just having double standards.

Laguz being Cavalry makes sense since they are the mounts, since they are quadrupeds.  I can't think of any other examples of mountless cavalry.

Just being slow is a silly reason to have increased stats, if anything, it should make them more vulnerable.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, it's just weird to see how thin they can stretch the rational to make sure half of our seasonals are armors for some reason.

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Okay, it's more like 1%. There's some room for error.

I do think Ike and Anna are very different situations. Ike is a serious male character from Tellius, while Anna is a goofy female character from Awakening, Fates, and Heroes. That makes her several times easier to fit onto a seasonal banner, the way IS has been doing things. And Ike still made it onto the first dedicated Tellius seasonal banner. Plus, by now, they've already hit most of the highest-priority seasonal units, which leaves more room for others.

I would not be surprised if we have multiple seasonal Annas by this time next year. Probably Fates and Heroes Anna if they go for it, alongside a non-seasonal Awakening Anna.