Special Heroes Arrive! A Season for Picnics! - April 19th!

Anacybele

45 minutes ago, Othin said:

Ike is a serious male character from Tellius

Yeah, but I think this just makes a seasonal Ike even more appealing! lol The idea of him feeling awkward and silly is just so potentially funny. XD And GD Ike even showcases this too, as he's awkward about the outfit to the point where he wanted to change back to his normal gear. At least in the paralogue. Once of his tap lines has him say "They say only the inexperienced worry about what they wear into battle. I guess that means I'm fine with this gear." So at first he didn't like wearing this getup, but then he changed his mind after a while.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

"Armored" in Heroes is first and foremost a movement type rather than a "unit type" like it is in the main series games. That's why they call them "movement types" in the first place and why cats and Taguel count as cavalry despite not being mounted in any way.

True armored movement shouldn't actually increase stats like an armored type would. The issue is that stats are tied to movement. If they gave them infantry stats with the limited movement, then I doubt there would be any complaints about armor movement vs. armor type, but the resulting units probably wouldn't be very good.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I think this just makes a seasonal Ike even more appealing! lol The idea of him feeling awkward and silly is just so potentially funny. XD And GD Ike even showcases this too, as he's awkward about the outfit to the point where he wanted to change back to his normal gear. At least in the paralogue. Once of his tap lines has him say "They say only the inexperienced worry about what they wear into battle. I guess that means I'm fine with this gear." So at first he didn't like wearing this getup, but then he changed his mind after a while.

Indeed, and I'm glad he finally got one. It's just that those are all reasons for IS to have taken longer to find a place for him.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Indeed, and I'm glad he finally got one. It's just that those are all reasons for IS to have taken longer to find a place for him.

Well, they need more artists like me on their team. I came up with two seasonal Ike ideas that would've fit nicely without a lot of effort. Christmas Ike wielding a chicken leg axe and a summer Ike wielding...something. Originally he had the chicken leg axe, but then I learned of the KFC Christmas tradition in Japan. lol After that I just forgot to give my summer Ike a new weapon.

Also, Ike might not even feel silly appearing in swim trunks and sandals/flip flops. It's just general summer wear.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

She probably wasn’t even considered, given IS seemingly hates Anna just as much as she loves her money.

She shrewdly demands a cut from every appearance she makes, a cut too much for an alt to be worth it IS thinks.

10 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Lukas is also great! I really like Lukas, on of my favorite characters in Echoes. However, IntSys just made Shiro's Bright Naginata a inheritable weapon.

• Bright Naginata: If foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Def+4 during combat.
  • Luncheon Lance+: If foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Def +4 during combat.

This makes Shiro less unique...

Now the clock ticks until a refine for him. Simple.

50 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Laguz being Cavalry makes sense since they are the mounts, since they are quadrupeds.  I can't think of any other examples of mountless cavalry.

The Beasts also have 9 Mov when transformed in both Tellius games, which is the same as promoted mounted units. Sure they lack Canto, but it's still 2-3 more than promoted Infantry and Armor. And in the case of RD, they're the most mobile things indoors due to the -2 Mov all mounted units suffer (not like there is that much indoors in RD).

No such Mov lead for the 13 & 14 shapeshifters of course though.

50 minutes ago, Othin said:

Probably Fates and Heroes Anna if they go for it, alongside a non-seasonal Awakening Anna.

Wonder whether they'll send her Dagger b/c Trickster is promoted Thief, or Staff because Tricksters have those too. Either way, she could make a good contribution to the standard summoning pool.

Gangrel the other Trickster is certain to go Dagger, because he is a boss packing a Levin Sword, although I can't quite see Levin Daggers.

Anna however has flexibility. Yet the Dagger pool has only 19 other canon members, most lacking much appeal I think, while the Staff pool has ~37 other members.

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, they need more artists like me on their team. I came up with two seasonal Ike ideas that would've fit nicely without a lot of effort. Christmas Ike wielding a chicken leg axe and a summer Ike wielding...something. Originally he had the chicken leg axe, but then I learned of the KFC Christmas tradition in Japan. lol After that I just forgot to give my summer Ike a new weapon.

Also, Ike might not even feel silly appearing in swim trunks and sandals/flip flops. It's just general summer wear.

It's not just a matter of having ideas, but fitting those ideas into big-picture plans. Something that's compatible with a full banner they want to do, and a banner that compliments the other banners they have planned.

Summer was what I expected too, but they ended up deciding they'd rather attach the Tellius theme to a Valentine's banner rather than a summer one.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wonder whether they'll send her Dagger b/c Trickster is promoted Thief, or Staff because Tricksters have those too. Either way, she could make a good contribution to the standard summoning pool.

Gangrel the other Trickster is certain to go Dagger, because he is a boss packing a Levin Sword, although I can't quite see Levin Daggers.

Anna however has flexibility. Yet the Dagger pool has only 19 other canon members, most lacking much appeal I think, while the Staff pool has ~37 other members.

Probably dagger.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is common but it’s not really a tradition. KFC just really loves advertising during Christmas time because the Colonel looks like Santa I guess and so they push that image heavily in Japan to sell their fried chicken.

—————————

Looking at Leo’s art again really reminded me of Lowen’s cipher art:

Spoiler

tOgP6hX.png

Jo16PLj.png

Look at this man. The most prepared out of any Fire Emblem character to have a picnic and he’s excluded. Oh well, if they end up doing the picnic theme again next year I really hope he’s included.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's not just a matter of having ideas, but fitting those ideas into big-picture plans. Something that's compatible with a full banner they want to do, and a banner that compliments the other banners they have planned.

Summer was what I expected too, but they ended up deciding they'd rather attach the Tellius theme to a Valentine's banner rather than a summer one.

Yeah, that's fair, I guess. :P I do still hope for a summer RD Ike some day, he'd be so sexy. And it'd mean both his incarnations each have a seasonal. I've been dying to see an official shirtless RD Ike anyway! I'm still surprised I got to see official shirtless Freddys before this. XD

7 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

It is common but it’s not really a tradition. KFC just really loves advertising during Christmas time because the Colonel looks like Santa I guess and so they push that image heavily in Japan to sell their fried chicken.

Ah, I see. Well, I still think it's a fitting idea because of Ike's love of meat. :P

I just realized something. Why does Lukas only have two passive skills anyway when the maid twins have a full kit and Genny has a full healers' kit? He's a seasonal unit and not going to demote, so there's no need to give him a skill set that screams "banner demote". If they're going to make people pull for him, might as well give him a more appealing fighter skill than wary fighter and throw a C-skill on him to make him more desirable to pull instead of just throwing him on there to be the obligatory banner male.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I just realized something. Why does Lukas only have two passive skills anyway when the maid twins have a full kit and Genny has a full healers' kit? He's a seasonal unit and not going to demote, so there's no need to give him a skill set that screams "banner demote". If they're going to make people pull for him, might as well give him a more appealing fighter skill than wary fighter and throw a C-skill on him to make him more desirable to pull instead of just throwing him on there to be the obligatory banner male.

Yeah I brought this up earlier in the thread. It annoys me, even if I'm still gonna pull for him. :/

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah I brought this up earlier in the thread. It annoys me, even if I'm still gonna pull for him. :/

It's a bit sad to see how little effort they put into him. Also, while I can understand giving some seasonal units prf weapons over generic ones, I wonder why they even bother with giving only some of them 2 skills and others 3 skills if they're all on the same banner. They're apparently not going to ever demote, so might as well just make them more appealing to pull for instead of fucking over certain units by giving them shitty skill sets.

Because IS heard I like Lukas:P  Kidding aside yeah this bugs me because unless he is a favorite not that many people will pull for him with that skill set up.  If I do manage to pull him I am going to have to use a lot of SI to get him what I want him to have.  

It's a bit sad to see how little effort they put into him. Also, while I can understand giving some seasonal units prf weapons over generic ones, I wonder why they even bother with giving only some of them 2 skills and others 3 skills if they're all on the same banner. They're apparently not going to ever demote, so might as well just make them more appealing to pull for instead of fucking over certain units by giving them shitty skill sets.

not sure. i mean i know (for me) if I get Lukas I'm glad, because i can HM farm him, and scalp him so fast for the lance, without being sad that i am giving up a fighter skill (which is why so many armours still live in my barracks). (OG Lukas would get the lance).

I just don't see the point of giving only one unit an incomplete (and shitty) skill set when the other characters have full skill sets. At least in the current (for now) spring banner it's both Marisa and Veronica who have incomplete skills sets, and they have desirable and good skills too. The Valentine's banner gave all the banner units three passive skills. Lukas, on the other hand, is the only unit on this banner with an incomplete skill set, and he has 1) a skill only valuable for people who care about aether raids, and 2) wary fighter. Fucking wary fighter. Not even vengeful. Why?

Edited by Sunwoo

It will never happen, but it would be nice to see some of the old, powercrept seasonal units show up as 4*s on the new seasonal banners.  Would breathe some nice life into pulling again.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

It will never happen, but it would be nice to see some of the old, powercrept seasonal units show up as 4*s on the new seasonal banners.  Would breathe some nice life into pulling again.

Yeah, and this would make it easier for me to +10 Summer Freddy too!

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I just don't see the point of giving only one unit an incomplete (and shitty) skill set when the other characters have full skill sets. At least in the current (for now) spring banner it's both Marisa and Veronica who have incomplete skills sets, and they have desirable and good skills too. The Valentine's banner gave all the banner units three passive skills. Lukas, on the other hand, is the only unit on this banner with an incomplete skill set, and he has 1) a skill only valuable for people who care about aether raids, and 2) wary fighter. Fucking wary fighter. Not even vengeful. Why?

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. I just don't understand it either.

The way I see it is that Heroes hates male characters so much that they’ll only begrudgingly put them on banners if they have incomplete skill sets or crap stats or otherwise inferior to their fellow female banner mates.

Or at least I would say that if it wasn’t for characters like Caineghis, Lewyn, Surtr, Hector, and maybe a few others I can’t recall off the top of my head that were the stars of their banners but cases like those are rare.

I had been hoping they would add some more team slots.  I'd like to make a new horse Team featuring PicLeo, but I'm pretty much full now, short of getting rid of my old teams.

Oh yeah, I still wonder how Lowen sees whatever he's attacking clearly enough with all that hair in front of his eyes. I never cared much for him because his design doesn't make sense. He'd have to have x-ray vision or something to see through all that hair. But I guess this doesn't look as awful as Camilla's panties/panty window and balloon boobs.

12 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The way I see it is that Heroes hates male characters so much that they’ll only begrudgingly put them on banners if they have incomplete skill sets or crap stats or otherwise inferior to their fellow female banner mates.

Or at least I would say that if it wasn’t for characters like Caineghis, Lewyn, Surtr, Hector, and maybe a few others I can’t recall off the top of my head that were the stars of their banners but cases like those are rare.

Grima, Tibarn, Chrom, Reinhardt, Owain...

Doesn't look that rare to me. Less common than with female characters, but it's clearly not something they're unwilling to do.

While I agree that Lukas's skill set is underwhelming, a 5* exclusive (non-staff) unit having 4 skills is still not particularly unusual, even for female units. Looking back a bit:

• On the Gallia banner, only Caineghis has 5 skills, while Lethe, Ranulf, and Mordecai each have 4. (Mordecai probably won't stay 5* exclusive, but Lethe and Ranulf almost certainly will.)
  • On the spring banner, Palla has 5 skills while Marisa and Veronica have 4. (Bruno also has 5, but as a staff unit, he's irrelevant.)
  • On the FE6 banner, Idunn and Sue have 5 skills while Lugh has 4.
  • On the beasts banner, only Selkie has 5 skills while Kaden, Keaton, and Velouria all have 4.

To be fair, the Valentine's and hot springs banners had 5 skills on everyone, and the laguz royals banner had 5 skills on everyone except the demoted Reyson. New Year's also had 5 skills on everyone. I guess it was really common for a while and then they dialed back?

I find it strange that Felicia and Flora have weapons effective against beasts and animals gather around Lucas. It feels like Lukas is just there because animals love him and he is the bait...this feels so wrong D= They have no peta in fire emblem.

Edit: not only Lukas, they all bait animals. 

A shame that Lukas does not feel that he has gotten much. Wouldn't have mind him with bold/vengeful or Special fighter too. Even if Vengeful exists quite often. Wary fighter just feels not rewarding for such units...
I will go for Flora or Genny anyway... but still...

I find the offensive A skill better though, at least its somehow under your control. it's also a little buff for offensive catapult I guess. Downside is again that unmerged it will not benefit Lukas himself much...and like mentioned overall these skills may be underwhelming and are not consistent. 

Edited by Stroud

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

While I agree that Lukas's skill set is underwhelming, a 5* exclusive (non-staff) unit having 4 skills is still not particularly unusual, even for female units. Looking back a bit:

• On the Gallia banner, only Caineghis has 5 skills, while Lethe, Ranulf, and Mordecai each have 4. (Mordecai probably won't stay 5* exclusive, but Lethe and Ranulf almost certainly will.)
  • On the spring banner, Palla has 5 skills while Marisa and Veronica have 4. (Bruno also has 5, but as a staff unit, he's irrelevant.)
  • On the FE6 banner, Idunn and Sue have 5 skills while Lugh has 4.
  • On the beasts banner, only Selkie has 5 skills while Kaden, Keaton, and Velouria all have 4.

To be fair, the Valentine's and hot springs banners had 5 skills on everyone, and the laguz royals banner had 5 skills on everyone except the demoted Reyson. New Year's also had 5 skills on everyone. I guess it was really common for a while and then they dialed back?

It's not so much Lukas having only four skills that I'm complaining about, but the fact that he's the ONLY unit on this banner with 4 skills. Even in the examples you cited, more than one character on a given banner has 4 skills (Thea, being the demote, had 4 skills too). Plus, the ones who have 4 skills have at least one really good skill that would make them whale bait.

Lukas is just underwhelming through and through, especially if you don't give a shit about AR.