Special Heroes Arrive! A Season for Picnics! - April 19th!

Anacybele

Maybe Lukas's crap kit is to test to see how much people will care about AR skills? The mythics might not be obvious because their popularity can be attributed to being unconventional characters as well as AR significance. Flora is a new unit type, IIRC fairly popular, and has a great kit, all of which could contribute to reasons people would pull for her. Lukas though is a pretty tame unit and decently popular but not unusually, so if people pull a lot of whatever color he is it probably means they value AR skills a lot. I don't know that I believe that myself, but maybe it's something?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's not so much Lukas having only four skills that I'm complaining about, but the fact that he's the ONLY unit on this banner with 4 skills. Even in the examples you cited, more than one character on a given banner has 4 skills (Thea, being the demote, had 4 skills too). Plus, the ones who have 4 skills have at least one really good skill that would make them whale bait.

Lukas is just underwhelming through and through, especially if you don't give a shit about AR.

Yeah, this 100%. Though I do care about AR because I want the grails to merge up female Robin and Black Knight. And there could be future TT/GHB units I'll want to do the same with.

I'm going to skip this banner, despite the two cuties that are Felicia and Genny it's not worth pully for AR skills that I have absolutely no use for.  What a waste of a TT banner to be yet another seasonal one.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Laguz being Cavalry makes sense since they are the mounts, since they are quadrupeds.  I can't think of any other examples of mountless cavalry.

Being a quadruped means nothing for movement type. Tigers and Lions are quadrupeds, but are infantry and armored, respectively.

Cats and Kitsune are cavalry to convey their mobility, not because they are quadrupeds.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Just being slow is a silly reason to have increased stats, if anything, it should make them more vulnerable.

Increased stats are obviously there for gameplay in order to balance their low movement. There would be no reason to use armors if they were worse or equal to infantry in every possible way.

For the stats...

Spoiler

Picnic Flora's 43 HP, 38 Atk, 22 Spd, 29 Def, and 38 Res gives her 170 BST which makes her the first ranged armor to have gen 3 BST as previously, ranged armors had around 165 BST. So, she's basically a red winter Cecilia. Compared to winter Cecilia, +2 HP, +3 Atk, -1 Spd, -1 Def, and +2 Res. Compared to her regular self, +5 HP, +4 Atk, -1 Spd, and +11 Def.

Picnic Genny's 35 HP, 36 Atk, 24 Spd, 14 Def, and 34 Res gives her 143 BST. It's Genny on a horse. Compared to her regular self, +3 HP, +1 Atk, -1 Spd, and -7 Def.

Picnic Lukas's 51 HP, 37 Atk, 21 Spd, 42 Def, and 22 Res gives him 173 BST. Compared to his regular self, +6 HP, +2 Atk, -1 Spd, +4 Def, and +5 Res. He's the first armor to surpass Arden 41 base neutral defense and he's the first armor since winter Chrom to be introduced with 51 HP. Surtr was the last armor to have been introduced with 50 HP.

Picnic Leo's 37 HP, 33 Atk, 21 Spd, 27 Def, and 28 Res gives him 146 BST. Compared to his regular self, -2 HP, +4 Atk, -1 Spd, +2 Def, -2 Res. His stats are a bit closer to Reinhardt's; -1 HP, +1 Atk, -2 Spd, and +3 Res. With his default Distant Def 3, picnic Leo is two steps away from being able to run a DD9 build with Gronnserpent being a thing now and DD3 seal.

Picnic Felicia's 43 HP, 30 Atk, 37 Spd, 30 Def, and 35 Res gives her 175 BST. Winter Lissa who dumped her attack and defense for speed. Compared to winter Lissa, -3 Atk, +7 Spd, -5 Def, and -1 Res. Compared to her regular self, +9 HP, +7 Atk, and +12 Def. Kind of neat how Felica and Flora share the same HP and both of them have the same resistance as their regular selves.

Edited by Kaden

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Stats + Leo's kit [DATAMINE]:

Hide contents

flg8zbwfe5t21.png

Weapon: Sandwichs!+ (Atk/Res +4 when foe initiates combat)
Assist: -
Special: Glimmer
A Passive: Distant Def 3 [4*]
B Passive: Quick Riposte 3 [5*]
C Passive: -

Spoiler

Ugh! QR3 is again 5* locked. Smh. 

Like I'd sac Leo like that. I'd sooner fodder Subaki. Give him the DD3 SS and he'll be excellent mage bait what with having Mirror Stance on his weapon.

Still waiting on Dark Flier!Leo though!

Spoiler

Flora is looking nice! She'd appreciate CC and QR seal to pull some nasty mixed phase shenanigans (I know W!Tharja does this better because she targets the generally lower Res stat but Flora has access to anti-armored daggers if you're willing to sacrifice Summer Ryoma, which I'd totally do if I had the means to +10 her). If her weapon is active under the best conditions possible she reaches an 81/90 defensive spread before buffs which is more than enough to tank stuff. Me likey!

Genny's spread is a bit oof. Great Atk/Res but mediocre everything else. She's more of a collectionist unit with a niche for stacking drives so it's not too awful if one wants to use her in PvE or AR. 

Lukas spread is going full meme. 42 Def with a super boon in it is bonkers. 46 Def before factoring anything else is nuts. His Res is garbage but nothing you can't patch with a Res refined Berkut's Lance, or you can go full meme and give him a Def refined Vanguard+ to reach 57 Def (66 with Steady Stance 4) and be immune to physical damage.

Leo is ok if you want a defensive cavalier (why would you ever want that is beyond me, but he can fill the role). That's about it, he doesn't stand out for other roles. At least DD3 fodder is nice. 

Felicia is kinda...eh. Her high Spd makes her low-ish Def a lot better in practice but it evens out with her low-ish Hp to make her physical bulk mediocre. She really needs the Atk super boon to work, otherwise her damage is going to be pathetic outside of special procs. 

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Poor Leo, he's just destined to never be good in this game

Spoiler

He's decent. Makes for a better Raven Tome Cav than Cecilia. I think that's close to the best you can ask for as a free unit. (unless you are an outlier like Naesala or BK) He's certainly no Canas at least.

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:
  Hide contents

He's decent. Makes for a better Raven Tome Cav than Cecilia. I think that's close to the best you can ask for as a free unit. (unless you are an outlier like Naesala or BK) He's certainly no Canas at least.

Decent is still not good imo.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Poor Leo, he's just destined to never be good in this game.

Spoiler

What do you mean? He's perfectly minmaxed for a gronowl CC build. And he already has QR

1 minute ago, redlight said:

What do you mean? He's perfectly minmaxed for a gronowl CC build. And he already has QR

I mean he's not good. There are a lot of better red tome options.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I mean he's not good. There are a lot of better red tome options

Spoiler

1. He's green

2. He's free, what were you expecting? Meta changing? Reinhardt 2.0? (funnily enough, their stats are kinda similar) Unlike his original, he finally has a consistent place on a team, as the best possible green Raven Tome Cav, which can be valuable for AR. This is about the best his fans could have asked for after learning he was a TT unit.

Edited by Nanima

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Decent is still not good imo.

A unit is what you make of them. Any unit can be good with investment. Leo is perfectly good for what his statline is intended for. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I mean he's not good. There are a lot of better red tome options.

We're talking about regular Leo or picnic one? Bcs you mentioned red
There are several different ways of contributing to the team, be it having an effective weapon, being player phase or a tank. "There are better red tome options" is somewhat truthful, but a majority of the "better" ones have much different roles to play. Either way, regular Leo is pretty underrated anyways as a tank with Raudrowl+CC.

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:
  Hide contents

1. He's green

2. He's free, what were you expecting? Meta changing? Reinhardt 2.0? (funnily enough, their stats are kinda similar) Unlike his original, he finally has a consistent place on a team, as the best possible green Raven Tome Cav, which can be valuable for AR. This is about the best his fans could have asked for after learning he was a TT unit.

1. I was talking about the two red Leos, though this one doesn't look any better at all anyway, and there are plenty of better green tomes too.

2. I never said I didn't expect it. In fact, I wasn't surprised at all because yeah, he's free.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

A unit is what you make of them. Any unit can be good with investment. Leo is perfectly good for what his statline is intended for. 

Sorry, but I can't agree. I have a Leo and I've given him a kit that synergizes, but he still hasn't done too well.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, but I can't agree. I have a Leo and I've given him a kit that synergizes, but he still hasn't done too well.

Does he have CC and raudrowl?

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

"A kit that synergies" is not "Investment". If you give him Close Counter, a Bladetome or Owltome, and other premium Skills, he will be a very good unit. If you give him the bare minimum, he will be lackluster. This is the case for most units that aren't straight out of the box broken.