Special Heroes Arrive! A Season for Picnics! - April 19th!

Anacybele

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Being a quadruped means nothing for movement type. Tigers and Lions are quadrupeds, but are infantry and armored, respectively.

Cats and Kitsune are cavalry to convey their mobility, not because they are quadrupeds.

Increased stats are obviously there for gameplay in order to balance their low movement. There would be no reason to use armors if they were worse or equal to infantry in every possible way.

The Tigers and Lions should have been cavalry in my opinion, but that's beside the point.

I understand the gameplay explanation, but my argument is that it's silly when you start with being slow and giving them better stats, rather than they have better stats because they are encompassed in heavy armor.  I'll just agree to disagree.

22 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

"Your cooking puts raw wheat flour to shame- so it's good enough for me!"

That's the reference? I saw that, but I just thought "damn, Lukas, you must have an iron stomach." lol

Just now, Anacybele said:

That's the reference? I saw that, but I just thought "damn, Lukas, you must have an iron stomach." lol

it's referring to how you can make your units eat things like raw flour in order to heal. I thought it was great seeing them poke fun at that.

17 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

it's referring to how you can make your units eat things like raw flour in order to heal. I thought it was great seeing them poke fun at that.

Oh. Weird that they can just eat plain flower. lol

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

LOL Is the purple haired guy supposed to be Leon?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. Weird that they can just eat plain flower. lol

LOL Is the purple haired guy supposed to be Leon?

Yep, I think so.

I'm torn, I prefer Felicia's skirt generally, but Flora is better dressed for a picnic.  All too often, I have experienced sitting in wet grass and winding up with a wet butt.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yep, I think so.

I'm torn, I prefer Felicia's skirt generally, but Flora is better dressed for a picnic.  All too often, I have experienced sitting in wet grass and winding up with a wet butt.

Ah.

Flora's design is way better imo, in both versions. Though mainly because Flora has cute pigtails and wears a pretty blue rather than pink. I don't like pink (usually). And blue is my favorite.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ah.

Flora's design is way better imo, in both versions. Though mainly because Flora has cute pigtails and wears a pretty blue rather than pink. I don't like pink (usually). And blue is my favorite.

I love blue, too, but I like skirts better than short shorts.

Come to think of it, I don't have that much pink clothing.

39 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I love blue, too, but I like skirts better than short shorts.

Come to think of it, I don't have that much pink clothing.

I like both, I don't really prefer one over the other. It depends on what I'm in the mood for. :P Though sadly, I can't often wear skirts unless they're kinda short because my legs are too short for the longer ones. >.>

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I understand the gameplay explanation, but my argument is that it's silly when you start with being slow and giving them better stats, rather than they have better stats because they are encompassed in heavy armor.  I'll just agree to disagree.

While it's nice to have everything be realistic to some degree, in a game where each individual character is a potential marketing tool, you do need to take some liberties to make sure that you don't let realism get in the way of character viability or gameplay mechanics.

And really, the stat difference between infantry and armor is only half as large now as it was at launch.

At launch, infantry had stat totals of 156-158, which was 11 points lower than armors at 167-169. With Gen 3 stats, infantry have stat totals of 167-169, which is only 6 points lower than armors at 173-175.

Edited by Ice Dragon

15 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Alexmender

Reveal hidden contents

Defensive green tome cavalier is how I even got into Tier 21 AR, thanks to TA Bowbreaker Cecilia (Extra move is really useful for things like tight maps or just Repoing units out of the enemy range). Leo's higher Def means he'll be taking bow hits better so I'm happy with a more physically defensive one. I'll have to see if I can get away with using him with DD instead of TA.

I stand corrected. I still think Infantry mages and my triple DD Faye are better for that kind of role if only due to Null C-Disrupt, but we all know only a few whales and hardcore savers will have enough Nailahs to fodder it will nilly.

- - - - 

Anyways, no luck so far but I got some WoM fodder which is nice. Luckily the TT will start soon and if that fails there's still some hope for GW, I just hope IS decides to give orbs instead of free summons.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I like both, I don't really prefer one over the other. It depends on what I'm in the mood for. :P Though sadly, I can't often wear skirts unless they're kinda short because my legs are too short for the longer ones. >.>

I'm a bit the opposite.  I'm 5'11" with really long legs, so I need longer skirts to be able to cover everything.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm a bit the opposite.  I'm 5'11" with really long legs, so I need longer skirts to be able to cover everything.

Damn, you're exactly a whole foot taller than me. I knew I was short, but you're tall! But I see. I'd have to get skirts like that hemmed in some way all the time so they're not too long. Otherwise, they'd drag on the floor and I'd step on it and trip. :/

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Damn, you're exactly a whole foot taller than me. I knew I was short, but you're tall! But I see. I'd have to get skirts like that hemmed in some way all the time so they're not too long. Otherwise, they'd drag on the floor and I'd step on it and trip. :/

doing your own hemwork is so much fun. When they switched our uniforms for work, they didn't send any in my size, just 2 sizes bigger or lesser. The sleeves ended up going down over my elbows and looked more like a loose 3/4. And the shirt bottom fell past mid-thigh, restricting my movement because this material wasn't very giving. I told my boss I was going to hem them. She said go for it. All my cosplay attempts were good for something towards work, finally!

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

doing your own hemwork is so much fun. When they switched our uniforms for work, they didn't send any in my size, just 2 sizes bigger or lesser. The sleeves ended up going down over my elbows and looked more like a loose 3/4. And the shirt bottom fell past mid-thigh, restricting my movement because this material wasn't very giving. I told my boss I was going to hem them. She said go for it. All my cosplay attempts were good for something towards work, finally!

I don't know the first thing about hemming, though.

On 4/19/2019 at 3:56 PM, silverserpent said:

"Your cooking puts raw wheat flour to shame- so it's good enough for me!"

That reminds in Fates few can tolerate Felicia's cooking. That being the shapeshifters, Arthur, and Peri. 

“Hey, cheer up , Chef! I can always give you some cooking pointers if you like.”

That is surprising calm for her.

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

That reminds in Fates few can tolerate Felicia's cooking. That being the shapeshifters, Arthur, and Peri. 

And Ryoma who found out Felicia can actually cook something.

5 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Only thing was she did it wrong. Salt and chocolate do not go with onigiri. Unless I am missing something.

I think I will try that out. Maybe it actually tastes decent. I imagine it taste like mole.

Edited by XRay

5 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Only thing was she did it wrong. Salt and chocolate do not go with onigiri. Unless I am missing something.

Salt goes with both chocolate and onigiri separately (as long as you use normal amounts of salt). I don't see why you can't use chocolate as onigiri filling. Salt is basically an inferior version of soy sauce, after all.

You guys should try the magic that is sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar. Add some Wasabi in there too if you want a kick in flavor. Serves as a good dip for boiled shrimp. 

Speaking of food, I kinda wish they had someone cook nikujaga(basically meat and potatoes with veggies) given the camp theme. 

Spoiler

9400045_orig.jpg

Followed a recipe once and it's so good. Lukas strikes me as someone that can cook other outside of our Nohrian representative Flora.

Edited by Flying Shogi