Which seasonal themes are your favourites?

Garlyle

Which seasonal themes are your favourites?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which seasonal themes are your favourites?

• New Year
    • Valentine
    • Spring Bunnies
    • Brides
    • Summer
    • Performing Artists
    • Halloween
    • Winter
    • Hot Springs
    • Picnic

Looks like we have a couple of seasonal themes in Heroes already, some are interesting, while some of them are just weird.

So far I find Valentine and Performing Artists to be the best choices. Got a nice theme and the units were also quite useful/interesting to me. To be fair, I'm not too interested in seasonal banners in general, but always looking forward to the next batch on new heroes instead, especially if it's from older games.

Valentines, Christmas (minus everyone being armors) and strangely enough Bridal. Picnic also seems like it is going to be rather tame compared to some of the other seasonal banners.

Voted Performing Arts (mainly Inigo), New Year, Spring and Valentine.

But really, as someone who plays a bunch of gacha games, I tend to gravitate away from the types that every gacha game under the sun seems to have, like swimsuits, christmas and halloween. The exception being anything with a Japanese motif because I'm a sucker for kimono. Give me all the yukata and furisode and hakama. My absolute favorite was the summer banner with Micaiah and Elincia, but didn't want to vote for swimsuits lol.

This is also mainly why I like Spring and the incoming picnic seasonals and appreciate the Valentine aesthetics Heroes goes for instead of more standard stuff.

Honestly, if we're going to have seasonals, I'd love some variety. I voted for Performing Arts, as that has been a bit more varied if you count the festival one. I don't want Christmas to always mean people in Santa Suits, or Easter to bring out the bunny ears. It's getting boring as heck -.- 

I could not decide so I checked them all. I think each one brings something unique and/or fun to Heroes.

New Year: I like their kimono.

Hot Spring: I like fanservice.

Valentine's: Nice costumes.

Spring: I like fanservice and bunny costumes.

Picnic: Modern clothes and fashion! It is nice to see Kiran bringing something from our world to Heroes.

Brides: Waifus.

Summer 1 & 2: I like fanservice.

Dancers/Singers: They are one of my favorite type of gameplay units.

Halloween: This is like the costume holiday.

Christmas: My favorite holiday.

It's really hard to separate the theme from the units, so it's hard to say. Do I like the Christmas theme for instance? I genuinely don't know because my judgement is clouded by the 100% armoured units that inhabit the banners. Summer Corrin and NY Azura are two of the most valuable units in my barracks for clearing general content, but does that say anything about the summer and New Year's themes? Not really.

An attempt at ranking:

1) Picnic. I'm not interested in the unit but I like how arbitrary and unique it is. For now.

2) Performing Arts. It's the only way we'll get non-canonical healers, and many know how I feel about canon. I also like how the first one had no real resemblance to the second one in terms of costumes.

3) Halloween. The holiday itself isn't really much of a thing here in Australia, but I do appreciate that there's generally a decent variety of costumes.

4) Valentines. Loses a spot due to Armads shenanigans.

5) Summer. Wholly predictable content really, but they do try to at least give most of the units unique swimsuits which keeps it a little fresher than it otherwise might be. Given that it doubles up every year though, this might sink like a stone after this year depending on what we get.

6) New Years. It's fine enough seeing traditional dress of other cultures, but after the first time it really adds nothing new. That the theme essentially overlapped with the second-year dancers didn't help matters.

7) Hot Springs. I appreciate that it's unique for the time being, but there's only so many ways to wear a towel, and only so many of those appropriate for a PG-rated game. I liked it well enough, though it's probably just my bias for Hinoka showing, but I sincerely hope it was a one-off, just like I hope the Picnic one will be.

8) Spring. Year 1 was good and refreshing. Problem is they've done absolutely nothing to it since, and I'm not heartily sick of the repeating designs. Rescued a bit by the occasional deviation like Alfonse and Sharena.

9) Winter. Judgement might be clouded a bit by the armour thing, but it's also fundamentally just people in Santa costumes, and I expect this will continue to be the case to the end of time. Ho-hum.

10) Brides. People in wedding dresses. Even less variation than Winter.

Valentine's, Halloween, and Winter. They have my favorite outfits, even though Winter hasn't had a ton of variety. Also, I like armors.

Performing Arts! I love singers and dancers in general and both banners so far have been amazing, between using Azura’s underused Nohr dress, giving us our first male dancers, having a super adorable theme for characters (seeing Inigo and Shigure actually get to be dancers/singers like their moms!) and the second one giving us our first Tellius seasonals (because the bride banner didn’t happen), some really cute outfits, and even if we also had two unnecessary Fates alts they were handled well. 

absolute favorite is summer, it takes actual effort to ruin swimsuits and it is always just fun, especially how they tend to use some really unique designs for this one.

after that this recent picnic banner is just oozing with charm, though I enjoy camping so I guess that is likely.

I have high hopes for halloween every year, I wish they did more lore friendly stuff, but that aside, I just really enjoy these banners.

and a special mention to christmas, as a jaded adult, I enjoy the more festive side of things, so I actually enjoy these banners (even if I wasted about 300 orbs for erika).

Gotta go with the Valentines one. Love Abounds with the Elibe protagonists has been my favorite seasonal so far, so much so that I got LA Lyn merged to the max 10+ on the first day. I love the art, and it doesn't seem as...fanservice-y as other seasonals. Tellius' Valentines was really good too, it also had some very good art, especially with Titania.

In theory it would be Halloween. I would love see some character in Halloween attire. But the choices have not been my favorites though.

Summer is nice can't complain about swimsuits and yeah...bridal/groom is also nice if they would put the fitting characters together here. overall it would also depend on choices of characters for me. 

Edited by Stroud

Preforming Arts and Halloween are the two that I have really liked and are the two I voted for.  I did like the Vday banners, but I don't like the holiday so I didn't vote for it.  Picnic may grow on me since the art is nice.  As for the rest they have been mixed for me.

6 hours ago, Sylphid said:

My absolute favorite was the summer banner with Micaiah and Elincia, but didn't want to vote for swimsuits lol.

That was a Performing Arts banner, not a summer banner.

Summer 2018 was Linde, Tiki, Camilla, Takumi, Innes, Tana, Cordelia, and Noire.

I can't say I like one theme best, I can only say I like specific banners from various themes.

My top 5:

1. Greil's Devoted - SEASONAL IKE AT LAST! Also, the outfits are beautiful and the writing surrounding this one was so superb. Best in the game and best banner ever.

2. Ylissean Summer - AWAKENING OTP FTW YEAH! Freddy x Robin! Summer Frederick is also freakin' hot and female Robin looks pretty! I've been trying to +10 Freddy since and he's got five more merges to go!

3. Hoshidan Summer - Yukatas can look so pretty! Also, it had Ryoma and an absolutely gorgeous Elincia.

4. Hares at the Fair - The Askr bunnies are so cute, especially Sharena. I like their outfits too!

5. Trick or Defeat - I like all the costumes a lot, even if these characters aren't actually among my favs, and Halloween provides the best possible creativity for neat costumes easily.

So I guess my favorite theme could be considered Halloween because I like how much creativity can go into the costumes. But I guess I'll vote for Valentine, Spring, Summer, AND Halloween. :P Even though I'm completely split in the case of Valentine's because I hate Elibe while I love Tellius.

Edited by Anacybele

All of them. I think Seasonals allow the artists to just have fun and create some gorgeous stuff. 

for me personally - 
New Years (because Fliers)
Hot Springs (because Fliers)
Performing Arts (because Dancers)
Hoshido festival (because dancers, and how i only have 1 of 4 of them drives me nuts haha)

but i truthfully love all of them. Imight not always want them - but i love that they come. 

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Summer 2018 was Linde, Tiki, Camilla, Takumi, Innes, Tana, Cordelia, and Noire.

Oh. I was wondering if that was a second Performing Arts, but when I checked it's called Hoshidan Summer and my brain equates yukata to summer. Thanks for telling me.

20 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

A banner called Hoshidan Summer occurring in late summer is not a summer banner. Okay, right...

Need I remind you that Performing Arts occurred in October, two months after August?

Edited by Anacybele

I am really liking the picnic theme. Perhaps next year branch it out to camping and then maybe spelunking afterwords. Just make it the outdoorsy banner.

Beyond that I like the dancing festival ones to get folks who don't normally dance a chance to dance. Valentines usually has gorgeous outfits. And Halloween is THE costume one. I am a bit disappointed since they haven't used it the same way they used the Hoshidan Summer one(as in it could be a reason for non-beast/dragons to fall under that as folks dress up as them or just simply use some more unusual costume choices in general), but still it has a lot of untapped potential. So those four got my vote.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

A banner called Hoshidan Summer occurring in late summer is not a summer banner. Okay, right...

Need I remind you that Performing Arts occurred in October, two months after August?

One, the banner is called "Festival in Hoshido", not "Hoshidan Summer".

Two, the banner shares the same theme as Performing Arts in that all of the characters have a dancer skill.

Three, the banner's timing places it as the only seasonal banner between the second summer banner and the Halloween banner, which is the same position as Performing Arts.

Four, the units in the banner do not share the same suffix in their internal name. The summer characters use "SUMMER01" and "SUMMER02". Performing Arts uses "DANCE01". Festival in Hoshido uses "BON01".