Tempest Trials+: Taste of Spring!

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I'm envious of Xander Emblem, especially with them all being a different color. Shame I don't see it used very often since no one wants to be seen with a Spring Xander

Yeah... Spring Xander is... pretty bad! I foddered mine to give Carrot Lance to Donnel. :3

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... Spring Xander is... pretty bad! I foddered mine to give Carrot Lance to Donnel. :3

Haha, Mampfoid told me he did the same thing~ Sounds like a popular choice~

10 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I'm envious of Xander Emblem, especially with them all being a different color. Shame I don't see it used very often since no one wants to be seen with a Spring Xander

I use it in AR for funsies, although two of my Xanders have hit max so I'll probably change it up soon. Bunny Xander hits like a twig but he's bulky as heck, at least. The other Xanders aren't bad at all, although a lot of people seem to have issues with Naked Xander. 

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I use it in AR for funsies, although two of my Xanders have hit max so I'll probably change it up soon. Bunny Xander hits like a twig but he's bulky as heck, at least. The other Xanders aren't bad at all, although a lot of people seem to have issues with Naked Xander. 

The problem with Summer Xander is the fact that his stat line is pretty much identical to Arthur's, but with a bunch more Def and a bunch less Res (Xander has +1 Spd, +6 Def, and -8 Res compared to Arthur). And Arthur's stat line is pretty much the definition of mediocre.

At least Spring Xander has stupid bulk. He's basically Jagen without the veteran penalty and with Def and Res switched. With access to both Vanguard and Berkut's Lance, he can make himself extremely bulky in Def or at least impressive on both sides. For a more offensive build, he can leverage his high Def and low Spd with a Slaying Lance to land Ignis against anything that isn't also horrendously slow.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem with Summer Xander is the fact that his stat line is pretty much identical to Arthur's, but with a bunch more Def and a bunch less Res (Xander has +1 Spd, +6 Def, and -8 Res compared to Arthur). And Arthur's stat line is pretty much the definition of mediocre.

At least Spring Xander has stupid bulk. He's basically Jagen without the veteran penalty and with Def and Res switched. With access to both Vanguard and Berkut's Lance, he can make himself extremely bulky in Def or at least impressive on both sides. For a more offensive build, he can leverage his high Def and low Spd with a Slaying Lance to land Ignis against anything that isn't also horrendously slow.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Since I had so few axe infantry units back in the day, he and Bunny Chrom became mainstays for me :)

Although he is now maxed and Bunny Chrom is nearly maxed. Shame the HM cap doesn't look likely to increase any time soon, if ever. 

As I alluded to in the pull topic, I've already finished with this TT aside from doing daily runs and am currently sitting at a nice and round 55,500 (rank 370). I obviously settled into using a cavalier team for this one because new Leo (who is already at 2215 HM and currently sits with 3379 SP). That, and it gave me the opportunity to test this out:

Spoiler

BYxGZA2.png?1

I reached the 50k mark gotten all the rewards. Flora was one of the harder TT boss, kept killing my autobattle team. I'm annoyed that picnic Leo doesn't come with DD4 that Caineghis came with several weeks ago. That's too good of a freebie.

Finally finished today, really wish I would have stuck it out and finished yesterday because today's simply sooooo busy, but I did manage to get it done~ This was overall a nice TT, the maps were really fun and I enjoyed using my little Leo ft Ryoma team~