Explain your avatar

Explain what your current avatar is supposed to be and/or why you picked it.  Ideally you should also provide a screenshot of it so that people don't get confused if you change it.

dd4vsy8-cdb1bf02-a6a8-46aa-afbe-07a07f5d

My avatar right now is Phil Collins, Genesis's drummer and lead vocalist.  As a solo artist, he's best known for his hit "In the Air Tonight".  I've been a big Genesis fan for a while now, of both the Gabriel and Collins eras.  This particular picture of Collins comes from the music video for the Genesis song "I Can't Dance"; my rank is the song lyrics at that point in the video.  I find the idea of Phil Collins of all people being the embodiment of peak male performance hilarious.  (My location is a holdover from back when I had Peter Gabriel during a performance of Supper's Ready as my avatar.)

I chose Makalov because people in my friend group think I'm similar to him personality wise. (And I also was known for making a Makalov wig and cosplaying as him, that's the reasoning behind my rank title)

RANK TITLE: I think I'll look great with Makalov's pink hair (I'm too lazy to screencap it)

download (10).jpeg

Edited by ~ Yuri ~

A few years back on another forum (This was back sometime in mid Gen 6 i think) I was in a pokemon draft league tournament and was tied for first place with a 7-1 record, going into my match against the other dude with the 7-1 record.

I really, really didn't like my chances going into this match. He had a Tyranitar and a Mega Venasuar in his draft pool. I had as my only wallbreaker capable of breaking through Mega Venasaur a Latios. (i.e. a breaker that gets completely invalidated and becomes damn-near impossible to use effectively when your opponent has a Tyranitar, unless they play stupidly and don't know that pursuit trapping is a thing)

I also wasn't crazy about running the pokemon I had drafted + been consistently using as my main stealth rock lead vs the pokemon he had drafted + been consistently using as his main stealth rock lead. (he had a goddamn Garchomp)

...now trades were allowed in this draft league--1 per round--and I had been making some low tier trades the past few round, but not using any of the stuff I had been trading for in any of my matches...

Well going into this round I traded one of my low tier picks to another player who said he needed it for his match-up and took that players Ursaring in exchange.

This was not on anyone's radar as something they expected to be dangerous against top tier threats or actually thought I was going to use. (Lowkey: Quick Feet + Swords Dance Ursaring outspeeds Garchomp  and OHKOs  Mega Venasuar after 1 turn of set-up)

I did in fact use the Ursaring I traded for.

In fact: I led off with it vs. his Garchomp

He discounted the threat and went for the turn 1 Stealth Rock. (I predicted he would do this) 

I went for the Turn 1 Sword Dance.

Facade OHKO'd on turn 2.

I took out half his team from the opening bell before Ursaring fainted: the match was a complete blowout.

He gave me a wtf and a gg in the general draft league discussion thread to which I promptly responded with

Post-Crisis Shob

Shortly thereafter, I started using that image as my avatar.

Edited by Shoblongoo

keaton_lupine_collector_info03.png

This picture of chibi Kaden and Keaton came from Keaton's 'Meet some of the Heroes' section on the Heroes website.

https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/keaton_lupine_collector/

Honestly? I chose it because I thought it was cute.

@Shoblongoo Cool story, bro! Not even sarcastic. That is awesome. If that happened to me, Ursaring would probably be my favourite Pokémon. I love Zapdos for a similar reason, actually. The dude singlehandedly saved my first Pokémon Blue run (I was 6, maybe 7 at the time).

Anyway, I don't actually have much of a story behind my Avatar. At least not much of an awesome one like the Ursaring above me. My pfp is the Warriors All-Stars artwork of Arnice, the protagonist of Nights of Azure, which is one of my favourite games I've played for its music, its gameplay and especially its story that touched me on more than one level. Arnice herself is, unsurprisingly, one of my personal favourite video game protagonists, so I just thought it was fitting. It's a cropped version of the unlockable wallpaper you can get in the game.
Nights of Azure is one of those games that is really really obscure and not many people have heard about or played it, so I thought it deserved at least some recognition. Though, it wasn't obscure enough to not include its two best characters (Arnice and Christophorus, whom I had as a pfp before this one) in Warriors All-Stars, which happens to by my favourite game in the Warriors franchise and the first PS4 game I ever got the Platinum trophy for (thanks to @Shadow Mir for drawing my attention to that game). So yeah, there you go.
Spoilers for size reasons.

5cb8817fd33d4_SFProfileArnice.thumb.jpg.b48b71537a93ab2a37c777b2f67174c1.jpg

Well since I found this Sanzo image I won't change it.  Anyway, Sanzo is from the anima/manga series Saiyuki He is my favorite fictional character, he is a Buddhist high priest but not your zen type he is rather annoying when he has to do his duties and may or may not actually believe in a god, but to me he is what a priest should be like.  I went through some really bad things several years ago that made me hate the world and anyone that claimed to work for their faith.  I found the Saiyuki anime awhile after that and Sanzo's character really hit me hard and it helped me deal with my dislike of people who claimed to be "faithful" to their beliefs but are actually two faced liars.

Genjo_Sanzo profile pic.png

SzhYTwo.png

So this avatar pic was taken from one of the Three Houses trailers.  It's of the character Bernadetta, who was shown using bows in the footage I first saw her in.  I made it my avatar because I liked her design (face/hair-wise) the most, as it reminded me of Katarina (thus the member rank being what it is; the thrice removed bit was just because I wanted to be ridiculous about it).

My location is a reference to this part (specifically the 20 second mark on the clip) from a series of streams of an old 3D movie maker program.  Incidentally, that streamer is part of a team of streamers, of which another member's clip is linked in the sig I had at the time of this post.  That team - Vinesauce - comprises some of my primary watching material.

s9GJLPs.png

Waver's my second(ish, because thinking about it he might actually top Iskandar since my reasons for liking Iskandar are very tied to Waver, while my reasons for liking Waver aren't as tied to Iskandar) favorite Nasuverse character.  His relationship with Iskandar is a top tier bromance, and his interactions with Gray/Flat/Svin/etc. are cute in a surrogate parent sort of way, and they really show just how much the events of Zero and his relationship with Iskandar changed him.

Waver at the start of Zero is, to put it mildly, completely insufferable.  He firmly thought of himself at the top of the world (kinda) and refused anything that'd contradict that narrative of self-superiority.  The general traumaticness of Zero's events (and Murder Death Kill-- sorry, Holy Grail Wars-- in general) really brought out the knowledge that he wasn't so incredible to fore, he knew it all along, just didn't want to admit it.  Yet due to Iskandar's encouragement, he was able to grow up a lot, to the point he is the only character in Zero who walks out of the plot better off than how he entered it.

I probably articulated that very badly, but TLDR: Waver is a good boy, I like his character arc a lot, and also, Waver is cute.

The image itself is from this scene:

Which is very amusing, and probably one of the funniest things in Zero (which is usually rather bleak).  

The Madoka badge is due to Waver and Madoka sharing a birthday (October 3rd).  And that is your useless fun fact about anime characters of the day.

PYHN0Zi.png

I just like mist, this cipher art is my favorite art of hers.

I always lowkey joked about mist in smash bros, so I thought it was funny

As for the location, it is a reference to the term "chasing butterflies", which I like the double meaning of it, images of a child running through a field pointlessly chasing a small insect that will always be just out of reach, coupled with the true meaning of, a dream that is too lofty to pursue.

k7Gkpoi.png

I usually change my avatar like every two weeks. Not just here but any other places i frequently visit (that being Twitter and Discord). That said, my current avatar is none other than the best JoJo, Joseph Joestar. He's one of my favorite characters in anime and also i got a bit tired of always having female characters as my avatars so i decided to change things up.

Funnily it came not by my own intention. My employee decided Super Mario as carnival's theme. Since I am not too familiar with this series I had to research a bit till I found Rosalina. Since she reminded me on Elsa who I absolutely like, I decided to dress as her. My relationship between Rosalina become more and more intimate despite I know like nothing about her background for not having played the Mario Galaxy games and no real desire to do in near future. She is playable in Smash which is good enough for me. 

My online presence is meant to be more "in-game" than forum. In terms of a ready lobby for an RTS "Reality has entered the room" appearing in text is a simple lead in to any number of jokes. The Sinistar as an avatar captures the "big, sudden entrance" aesthetic since that is what it does in its own game. 

Reality as a concept also used to deeply disturb me in high school and my early college years because I kind of fell into a quantam philosophy school of thought and had a sense that it was making me unhappy, but I couldn't get over on my own until I had done lots of reading. 

I use the Sinistar avatar and username Reality consistently on most entertainment websites. My former name on most websites was n64lord, which came with either the simple n64 logo as avatar or(later) boxart of Space Station Silicon Valley. Nowadays...I'm even more of a "collector" but I have retired the name and only have two legacy accounts (mafiascum and smogon) that use it.

On business and academic websites, I use a photo of myself at age 5? getting in a display vehicle that the city police put up at the state fair. For now I find it funny to have a full head of blonde hair, but maybe I will change my mind after I've lived a more years with my forward bald receding hairline. Or being asked if it's a photo of a son or grandson.

c80c572b62a93a78415659ec03d5cf67.jpg

Priam from Awakening. found the image around the internet( sometimes i check pinterest out of curiosity ).

i picked him since he's probably one of the most badass characters from the entire FE franchise( that chin beard, the long wild hair and the worn bandana are self explanatory, i guess ), and also because he reminds me of Anri for some reason( probably the appearence overall ).

a true shame he wasn't part of the main plot. i'm sure if he was related to Regna Ferox in some way like Basilio or Flavia, he could've played a good role.

I first found my avatar thanks to one of my oldest memories of SF. It was quite a while ago, maybe like 2013 or '15, and the admins released their annual April Fools prank game "leak". It was something about a game where you'd need to choose between a mercenary troop or a dragon in a war between humans and dragons. Anyway, this was the pic for the "main character" of the dragon side. I've no idea why, but she really resonated with past me, and I liked her enough to make her my profile pic when I created my account. Since then, I've just grown fond of having her and use her on other sites too.

Spoiler

saiPtn6.jpg

It's fan art of Sheik from Ocarina of Time, who is actually Princess Zelda in disguise. I don't know what else you want from me, so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

HAIKU.png.2eadddac3584f9f31c29ae777e98583a.png

My profile pic is Madoka Kaname from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I chose it because I was too lazy to find a good pic of Mami Tomoe. (Gotta use what you got sometimes)

My rank is because I love bunnies. Location is due for a change but right now it's Ness'(s?) home town, Onett.

Okay, bye.

Edited by MyLuckyHaiku

I am very tempted to go into detail about every avatar I had, but I'm going to stick with my current one.

img6.png

Mowgli from Blustone/Beyond the Bounds. I occasionally visit VisualShowers pintrest, as even though most of it is random artwork/comics of some Red Panda character, sometimes they post artwork and animations from the game proper. The developers are keen on sharpening their abilities as artists and animators, and seeing them improve is neat to see. I chose this pic because it would be easy to make into an avatar, and because Mowgli is a badass.

Artwork of when Blustone 2 was announced, because I made part of it my avatar for a while, it's awesome, and it's FftF so I can ignore the rules a bit:

495a0aba8717e2771087dba80ebe99a7.png

F2F290FF-0EB7-40F8-BC67-DA3E32F24CAA.jpeg.408692b4a5bffcb1f5b8d52d2a5fcdd4.jpeg

So, I want to get into Touhou one day. I knew that Touhou had a lot of opportunities for good profile pics. I started with searching for Mokou because I felt an urge to crossplay her (something I would never do for any female character). I dunno, maybe it’s because she has pants. I felt the pic I am using now suits the role of profile pic best.

As for my rank...

I dunno, I just like the song “Roundabout”. Introduced through the memes.

9mFHrze.jpg

BB!Cordelia is my first +10 unit, and she carried a lot of the game for me. I like her wink and I think it is really cute.

2K1nTdd.jpg

This is my cat when she was a wee kitten that I adopted from the streets. My friend found her in his backyard.

I wrapped a small towel around her so she can be a superhero.

I miss her right now since I am in Thailand. Wish I can teleport and have a good huff of her belly fur.

3rHSlH2.jpg

I asked @Glaceon Mage to edit a Santa hat onto her picture to celebrate the holiday season.

Edited by XRay

My avatar is Sherazard from Trails in the Sky, along with Olivert she is my favorite character in the series. It took years for a friend of mine to bring me to start with Legend of Heroes and he just knew that she will be my favorite. xD I guess its just too obvious what kind of characters I like.

What I like even more is that Olivert is a favorite of mine too and they have such a good dynamic that I always loved scenes with them together, I also put them in the team together every time I could.

I mean come on. It's the cutest Eevee. As for why I like Eevee so much, that will come another day unless someone insists.

Edited by Nym

jVF1nA7.png

I like Titania, and I added shades to a crappy Titania I drew a while back.  That's pretty much all there is to it.  Although it funnily enough led people to associate me with Titania to the point I became Serenes's official Titania at some point.