Weirdest/Oddest Experience in your Entire Life?

Sub Zero

Title is self-explanatory, whats your weirdest/oddest experience? Make sure the experience is SFW though, don't want this tread to turn into a mess..

I swear if this is in the wrong category I'm gonna have a f*cking fit...

49 minutes ago, ~ Yuri ~ said:

Make sure the experience is SFW though, don't want this tread to turn into a mess..

So my almost drowning experience is a no-go, got it.  Probably not really NSFW, but talking about mortality isn't very light-hearted.

A lot of my weird memories came from when I was a kid.

I think one of the absolute weirdest moments in my life was discovering video games.  It was when I was real young...  I was watching my sister play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and I was just like "she's making that dude on the screen do things, wtf?".  It's the weird realization that there are these digital worlds that you can access and affect with a certain interface, and that these worlds (as well as the interface) are all man-made.  And it's also the sudden comprehension of the idea behind controlling what seems to be another thinking, breathing person.  Even if it's not real, it was just so surreal for me as a kid, and even to this day it feels like magic.

I know, that might not seem overtly strange, especially given this is a forum dedicated to a series of video games... and I have had some other weird real-world experiences.  But none of them besides maybe that drowning one I mentioned made me ponder the nature of anything so deeply as the first time I was consciously aware of video games.

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

Yeah I can't share the weirdest experience(s) of my life in anything even remotely resembling a SFW format.

Imma take a pass on this one.

Me neither actually.

A recent dream of mine may as well be as weird for me as it gets, and it has NSFW content (both bizarre and disgusting, basically). Then again, I just recently became an adult.

I also have a recurring SFW dream where I trip. Then I wake up.

That’s it.

Probably not my most Weirdest/Oddest Experience because my mind is really messy and this is SFW-Limited:

I sometimes dream about things that actually will happen in the same day, for example: ''I dreamed that me and my friend would simply fall at same time.'' And at a unknown time, it simply happens. It's the same scenario, same people, same event. Call it even prediction if you want. Oh, and I always get a ''Holly Shit, it's happening!'' type of emotion at the moment the scene starts.

If I'm going to chose one, it's probably going to be this one:

At the night I dreamed about something simple: I would burn my hand at one of those ''Bread Burner'' (or whatever you call those things). I would also drop a knife that I was using before burning my hand, and I used this event as a ''marker'' so I could stop before actually burning it (I was doing tests at the time, so a burned hand would affect me a lot). What is strange, you say? I simply could't. My body simply followed the events that I dreamed about without me having any kind of action. 

By the way, don't ask me why I tried to use Bread Burner even if I know this was going to happen, not even I know the answer.

1 hour ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

A recent dream of mine may as well be as weird for me as it gets, and it has NSFW content (both bizarre and disgusting, basically). Then again, I just recently became an adult.

I'm sorry, but with those two sentences juxtaposed next to one another, there are very specific implications for what this might be referring to, and I'm not even sure you meant it.  Though if you did mean it... well, it happens to a lot of young lads, don't worry about it.

1 hour ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Does it jolt you awake?  Because I think that's called "exploding head syndrome".  Sounds scary as all hell, but as far as I can tell, the only effect it actually has is occasionally forcing you to abruptly wake up during your REM hours, which is less of a debilitation (unless it happens frequently enough to effectively act as insomnia) and more of a mild annoyance.

Something similar happens to me.  Although instead of tripping, I'm falling from the sky.

1 hour ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

I sometimes dream about things that actually will happen in the same day, for example: ''I dreamed that me and my friend would simply fall at same time.'' And at a unknown time, it simply happens. It's the same scenario, same people, same event. Call it even prediction if you want. Oh, and I always get a ''Holly Shit, it's happening!'' type of emotion at the moment the scene starts.

I believe there's a name for this as well, but I'm not sure what it is.  However, you aren't the only one that experiences this.  One famous example was one time a man dreamed that during a stunt show with planes, a horrific tragedy would occur where a stuntman would die; the man went to the event he dreamed about, gave some forewarnings, and prevented the disaster from occurring.

Also, that "holy shit" feeling sounds like the dream version Deja Vu - the feeling of having experienced something you've already experienced before.

At the night I dreamed about something simple: I would burn my hand at one of those ''Bread Burner'' (or whatever you call those things). I would also drop a knife that I was using before burning my hand, and I used this event as a ''marker'' so I could stop before actually burning it (I was doing tests at the time, so a burned hand would affect me a lot). What is strange, you say? I simply could't. My body simply followed the events that I dreamed about without me having any kind of action. 

You could be referring to two things: either a toaster or a panini press.

Anyway, that is quite an interesting phenomenon (if rather unfortunate).  It's like the literal incarnation of the problem Nils and Ninian in Blazing Sword speak about when they talk about their powers of foresight - their inability to prevent what's to come.  This again might have a specific name, but that too escapes me.

By the way, don't ask me why I tried to use Bread Burner even if I know this was going to happen, not even I know the answer.

tbf, toasted bread is really good.  Especially when you supplement it with a buttery spread or it's a grilled-cheese sandwich.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'm sorry, but with those two sentences juxtaposed next to one another, there are very specific implications for what this might be referring to, and I'm not even sure you meant it.

I meant I was low on life experiences (with nothing meaning anything to do with that sort of manner, if you know what I mean) with that latter sentence. And with that first one, I think it’s way more bizarre than gross.

To follow the rules here, it will still not be mentioned.

With the possible “Exploding Head Syndrome”, I’ll have to get back to that.

3 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I meant I was low on life experiences (with nothing meaning anything to do with that sort of manner, if you know what I mean) with that latter sentence. And with that first one, I think it’s way more bizarre than gross.

Fair enough, though I was also just giving you a hard time.

Some people mature and grow out of dirty jokes when they get older, but that never happened with practically any of my family, so here we are.

35 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Fair enough, though I was also just giving you a hard time.

Some people mature and grow out of dirty jokes when they get older, but that never happened with practically any of my family, so here we are.

Hey, what can ya do about that?

54 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

You could be referring to two things: either a toaster or a panini press.

From what my search for a translation said, it seems to be this panini press you spoke of. Not really the most easy thing to do a lyrical translation. (Here we just call it rapid-torch;translated;)

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Also, that "holy shit" feeling sounds like the dream version Deja Vu - the feeling of having experienced something you've already experienced before.

This. This is something I've been very curious about the late weeks. Not a long time ago, I made a new friend that I never had even seen before the friendship, turns out that I had a lot of those ''Unnamed Dreams'' with her. Nothing very serious or anything, just what you would typically call a Déjà Vu, but, like I said, this is a completely a new experience and it won't make a lot of sense to me to have experienced before, and the fact that I dream with those ''Déjà Vu'' only makes things more complicated for my stupid head. But yes, the feeling is pretty much the same.

3 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

We're EHS brothers, cool.

(Sorry for not answering all your responses, Ertrick, I'm going to make a little search on this ''Unnamed Dream'' before making something out of it)

If you can't post the weirdest/oddest thing 'cause it's NSFW, post the weirdest/oddest SFW one.  Like so:

Every time I see a cat on the street, I know things will go okay.

Earlier today, I had to transfer buses, and was having an internal freak-out because the bus I was on was running later than anticipated.  Right before I got off, I saw a cute little calico cat, nosing away at something-or-other in a parking lot.  Took a deep breath and decided to trust my cat luck.

Sure enough, the bus I needed to transfer to was also late.  Didn't miss my transfer, made it home in good time, and was able to eat before Bad Things happened.  A win if you ask me!

1 minute ago, Light Strategist said:

I once woke up with YMCA playing in my head and to this day I am absolutely baffled at how or why.

Out of all the songs why that one? The mind can be a strange place sometimes...can't blame it though, the YMCA is a banger.

Not sure if this is the absolute weirdest, but it's one of the weirdest in recent memory.

I was at a friend's birthday party, and we all got drunk. Me, being the lightweight I was, was stumbling all over the place and my friend (the birthday boy) just kept smiling and telling me "I'll take care of you!" in a rather drunken fashion. Since the party was on the rooftop on the apartment complex we were at (common in South Korea) and we just hugged and started at the lights of the city. Then he kept kissing the side of my head. Granted, we only met a couple days prior to this party, so I thought it was weird that I was getting kissed on the side of my head by this drunk guy I met 2 days ago.

Had a wonderful time still.

7 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Not sure if this is the absolute weirdest, but it's one of the weirdest in recent memory.

I was at a friend's birthday party, and we all got drunk. Me, being the lightweight I was, was stumbling all over the place and my friend (the birthday boy) just kept smiling and telling me "I'll take care of you!" in a rather drunken fashion. Since the party was on the rooftop on the apartment complex we were at (common in South Korea) and we just hugged and started at the lights of the city. Then he kept kissing the side of my head. Granted, we only met a couple days prior to this party, so I thought it was weird that I was getting kissed on the side of my head by this drunk guy I met 2 days ago.

Had a wonderful time still.

I can assume that the drinking age over there is one year lower than ours? (US drinking age is 21)

On 4/19/2019 at 1:09 PM, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I can assume that the drinking age over there is one year lower than ours? (US drinking age is 21)

The legal drinking age here is 19 (International Age) or 20 (Korean Age- Koreans add a year). My drunk friend and I were both legal there (I turned 21 a couple weeks after this party).

• 2 weeks later...