Analysis of Armoured Units being added to Heroes

Icelerate

26 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

How do the remaining armors line up numbers wise against the other units not in game yet?

In the case of CYL3 the results let's see.

The highest character not already in Heroes (aka: Not Anna or Lif) is Louise with 9,274 at Top 23; follow by Jill (Top 52), Rinea (Top 56), Rinkah (Top 65)  and Ilyana (Top 67)... (BTW this will very awkward for the time of Brave Redux 3, having to either use Lif, or have to go bottom of the barrel with Conrad, Top 84)

At this point all the characters (except Conrad) have over 4000 votes.

Then we arrive at the Top 100 (Python, 2,630 votes) and we still don't see Armors.

A Top 151 we found Xane, and still no Armors.

And finally at Top 225 we found our first Armor, which is again like the previous year (this time with 1,014 votes, and the only armor with over 1K votes)

So yeah... Canon Armors have popularity problems.

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Choose_Your_Legends:_Round_3_(Event)

Edited by Troykv

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rezzy @Troykv

If you include probable armors, Mila is 99th, Anankos is 139th, and Ashera is 212th. Before you finally reach Kellam at 225th with only 1,014 votes.

Out of characters that are not yet playable (not counting original characters, counting characters with a seasonal version but no normal version, counting all Annas separately, counting all Camus separately, not counting Grima), Mila is 17th, Anankos is 34th, Ashera is 74th, and Kellam is 84th.

Edited by Ice Dragon

On 4/22/2019 at 7:45 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I started with EO4, when I heard the term "Yggdroid", I thought they sounded so cool. Only much later did I learn how awful they were in gameplay. And then I saw the artwork, and my dreams of them were crushed like walking blindly into a 6th Stratum superboss. How did they get it so wrong? Why not try some techno-gaian fusion of machine and verdant tree? Some people complain of Himukai's FEH artwork, the Yggdroid has nothing good going for it.

Female Warlocks aren't too bad. No pants, but the thing that gets me more is it looks like the staff they are wielding is suggestively being held and pointed at their life magic zone. But maybe I'm just of a dirty mind.

Also Gladiator I think qualifies as bad.:

Reveal hidden contents

1000?cb=20150627125730

In fairness, Yggdroid is another example of EO3's "class is designed around gimmick" which plagues the entire class deisgn not just YGG. It just so happened that Yggdroid's entire gimmick is "being good against the superboss" which is amusing in a way. The only EO3 class that i feel was executed well was Arbalist

EO Nexus manage to save basically every EO3 originating class in there, that its a shame not many EO3 class make their way in. Although what they did for Shogun is..... silly to say the least

Related to this i kinda feel EO's Armor is weird since they were always ridiculously good - to the point that one can argue that for most of the series, the game is balanced around them. Its.... something i think FE is well off for not replicating

On 4/23/2019 at 10:39 PM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Related to this i kinda feel EO's Armor is weird since they were always ridiculously good - to the point that one can argue that for most of the series, the game is balanced around them. Its.... something i think FE is well off for not replicating

I always thought of them as a good not great class that doesn’t shine until postgame