Famitsu Articles Coming Out

6 minutes ago, Guest Bogoy said:

Back to a positive topic please? I know that's impossible for boards like this I mean idc if your negative to yourself but still seriously....

Same feeling...but just ignore and move along anyway we got confirm JP VAs and a bunch I completely expected sweet!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Same feeling...but just ignore and move along anyway we got confirm JP VAs and a bunch I completely expected sweet!

Apparently Dimitri has the same Japanese voice actor as DIO.  As if the JoJokes about Dorothea and her anachronistic Jotaro hat weren't enough.

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm eh on Female Byleth's design, mostly because I have zero intention on using it as I typically do not use Female avatars in Fire Emblem. I prefer to stick to my actual gender for such characters in games where relationships matter.

Same boat right here seriously it doesn't feel right to me at all especially S Ranking characters I like since I'm male.

14 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm eh on Female Byleth's design, mostly because I have zero intention on using it as I typically do not use Female avatars in Fire Emblem. I prefer to stick to my actual gender for such characters in games where relationships matter.

2 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Same boat right here seriously it doesn't feel right to me at all especially S Ranking characters I like since I'm male.

Eh.  I usually do at least one playthrough for each gender for completion's sake.

10 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Apparently Dimitri has the same Japanese voice actor as DIO.  As if the JoJokes about Dorothea and her anachronistic Jotaro hat weren't enough.

Lol he's definitely perfect for him so much Jojo vibes here!

25 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Reverse the situation and that's why I'm so vocal about my distaste for F!Byleth's design. I want to play my gender, but I don't want to stare at fanservice all the time. I could tolerate it in Awakening and Fates because the models were generally low enough in quality (but F!Corrin's Nohr Noble outfit was pushing it), but I doubt it would be easy to ignore in TH. Hopefully Byleth can reclass early on as the female outfits are probably more tolerable this time around considering how surprisingly tasteful the female brigand outfit looked.

18 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Woah, really?! Makes me wonder who the English VA is considering they're going for that tone of voice in the JP version.

2 hours ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Lol he's definitely perfect for him so much Jojo vibes here!

So, Koyasu has a perfect track record for FE entries. Not surprising he finally plays a lord

Ah, let's examine the Japanese voice actors and some of their past roles!

• Byleth (Male) - Yusuke Kobayashi (Natsuki Subaru from Re:Zero, Zenji Murai from Food Wars, Caules Yggdmillenia from Fate/Apocrypha ) (Suddenly, the revive mechanic makes a lot of sense.)
  • Byleth (Female) - Shizuka Ito (Luviagelita Edelfelt from Fate/Stay Night, Emma from Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Irina Jelavic from Assassination Classroom) 
  • Edelgard - Ai Kakuma (Flora from Fire Emblem Fates, Rossweisse from High School DxD) (Hopefully, with no blue hair, Kakuma's character can head to barbecues without problems!) 
  • Dimitri #1 - Takehito Koyasu (Niles from Fire Emblem Fates, Navarre from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, and more Fire Emblem characters...., Dio from Jojo's Bizzarre Adventure)
  • Dimitri #2 - Kaito Ishikawa (Genos from One Punch Man, Nero from Devil May Cry, Gunvolt from Azure Striker Gunvolt)
  • Claude -  Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Yuri Katsuki from Yuri on Ice, Mikado Ryugamine from Durarara, Asahi Shiina from Free)
  • Geralt - Akio Otsuka (Garon from Fire Emblem Fates, Rider from Fate/Zero, Snake from Metal Gear Solid) (Hopefully he can be a better dad here)
  • Sothis - Tomoyo Kurosawa (Phosphophyllite from Land of the Lustrous, Itsuki Inubozaki from Yuki Yuna Is A Hero, Kumiko Omae from Sound! Euphonium)  

4 hours ago, Guest Bogoy said:

Back to a positive topic please? I know that's impossible for boards like this I mean idc if your negative to yourself but still seriously....

If you hate it so much, you're free to not post.  I mean, you're halfway there with the lack of account!

In other words, that's my job.  Consider this a prelude to what's going to happen once the actual article is scanned, because the aesthetics were discussed quite a bit in the trailer threads.

30 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

The only gripe that I have is that they went too far with Sothis' design.

Please elaborate. 

Looks pretty tame to me. Let me guess, her pose and her feet? 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Guest Bogoy
34 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you hate it so much, you're free to not post.  I mean, you're halfway there with the lack of account!

In other words, that's my job.  Consider this a prelude to what's going to happen once the actual article is scanned, because the aesthetics were discussed quite a bit in the trailer threads.

Still doesn't warrant the derailed flooding of things obviously not important and very petty in the minority. I mean I can just view the scans, translations, be POSITIVE and ignore everything very easily but if someone new comes in and wants an actual good discussion and discovered hidden details but no just petty talk over something very small is off putting to people but its not THAT bad since its only a very small amount nowadays and I see way more people positive here than not so it's ok for me.

1 minute ago, Guest Bogoy said:

Still doesn't warrant the derailed flooding of things obviously not important and very petty in the minority. I mean I can just view the scans, translations, be POSITIVE and ignore everything very easily but if someone new comes in and wants an actual good discussion and discovered hidden details but no just petty talk over something very small is off putting to people but its not THAT bad since its only a very small amount nowadays and I see way more people positive here than not so it's ok for me.

Art?  Petty?  Only if you're playing the likes of Zork.

It doesn't matter to you?  That's great.  There's a balance between expressing a negative opinion and being toxic about it - so far, things are more towards the former.  If I brought that opinion into every topic, including things that have nothing to do with the art/Famitsu article, then it's an issue.  If I trash-talk people who have a different opinion of the art (directly or passive-aggressively), that's an issue, too. So again, this is my job, not yours.  It's doubly bad that you're posting as a guest, which tells me you'd rather point fingers, instead of do things like agree to the rules.

No one has to be thrilled about every single new thing, and as long as that discontent is expressed appropriately, it's fine.

I hope the officer's academy isn't going to be where most of the game takes place (since it's being shown off a lot), and that the plot will be a more traditional fire emblem story that involves multiple big locations.
That being said,  again I'm just glad we're finally getting an HD fire emblem game, and gameplay wise it looks very interesting too! Overall, I can't wait to find out more about this game, and I really hope the fire emblem expo on may 4th will give us a new trailer...that'd be cool!

Also, base conversations NEED to return in some form! I loved them in echoes! Luckily it's seeming like they will in the officer's academy, where you can talk to everyone and stuff.

Not a fan of F!Byleth's design, the fact that we seem to be recycling the amnesia trope AGAIN, or Sothis' "look at these legs" pose either, but whatev. It's a Japanese game first and it's pretty clear there's and audience for that kind of garbage that IntSys is more than happy to cater too so I'm not too broken up about it, after all stuff doesn't just magically disappear for you just because you hate it. Took me a while to learn that . I'm glad we're going to be seeing some more news soon though, info droughts inject apathy straight into the skull for me.

Also is i just me, or did the color become more vibrant since the last footage?

(Edited)

Edited by TheDreamReturns

49 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

I hope the officer's academy isn't going to be where most of the game takes place

Since it seems to be where we go to reclass, train, and do other things like perhaps supports, I'm going to guess we'll get a Persona/Trails of Cold Steel structure where you go on "missions" elsewhere but then return to your base, so to speak. 

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Since it seems to be where we go to reclass, train, and do other things like perhaps supports, I'm going to guess we'll get a Persona/Trails of Cold Steel structure where you go on "missions" elsewhere but then return to your base, so to speak. 

Ah ok...well that doesn't sound too bad, as it reminds me of pokemon mystery dungeon where you could go on various missions and stuff, which I liked.

2 hours ago, TheDreamReturns said:

Also is i just me, or did the color become more vibrant since the last footage?

Yes, the colors look brighter.  This could be due to a number of things (different medium, different stages of development, etc.).  I'll reserve judgment until the issue comes out, and we can get a better look at everyone.

i'll probably still buy the game for the gameplay, but in terms of art style and story...i'm not really sure. it's like, i hope this game will be at least decent, but there's something that always bothers me.

in terms of art, from what i've seen so far there's really no mid-way there, you either like it or you don't.

i'm not a fan of Personaish drawing styles, hence why i don't like it and i even find it quite hollow. the characters are almost devoid of personality and vitality, and the fact that it's the first game in the entire franchise that gives me such feeling is already a bad sign.

also, while i understand it's a JRPG, they really need to put a stop to the loli stuff and fanservice alike, because it's getting ridiculous. it should have already died with Awakening and Fates.

as for the story, i can't say much since there's only few details available right now, but it seems alright. i guess time will tell.

5 hours ago, Guest Bogoy said:

Fully agree if your a user here just put those kind of users on ignore (I know I did I'm here for info and some good discussion not listen to petty rubbish so it makes the work easier). Yes at least its not as bad as it was before that I'm sure most users like that here are gone now. Hopefully this can help and show your not alone there is users that are not bad and are genuinely excited!

4 hours ago, Thane said:

Which makes sense since from what I'm seeing it's still like MyCastle(maybe without creating new structures or building but we'll soon get a confirmation regarding that)

1 hour ago, Guest Lae said:

Which makes sense since from what I'm seeing it's still like MyCastle(maybe without creating new structures or building but we'll soon get a confirmation regarding that)

I hope that building stuff is still there since they still have that mindset about customizable homes bases unless they'll do it like a "story progress and new buildings will open to you" kinda thing with every building or structure available but not when you start out first.

I am still fairly sceptical about the story but I am willing to give the three lords a chance. Claude in particular seems very interesting to me as he seems more than just a carefree dude to me based on the second trailer alone. I hope the article will give us a proper introduction to the main characters.

A few people speculate that we will be getting new information on a weekly basis but I think we may get new stuff every few weeks or so. Needless to say I am looking forward to the new content!

1 minute ago, berriicoco said:

Claude in particular seems very interesting to me as he seems more than just a carefree dude to me based on the second trailer alone.

I'm going Claire's route first. That smile in his in-game portrait is like him saying "Baby I know I'm fabulous" and I love it.

7 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Please elaborate. 

Looks pretty tame to me. Let me guess, her pose and her feet? 

I can't speak for the other guy, but for me, bare feet isn't a problem since that's usually just to indicate that the character has ground or nature-related abilities (in her case, it's probably related to her being a Manakete). Bare feet isn't a problem; it's the bare legs that are the issue. 

6 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

Also, base conversations NEED to return in some form! I loved them in echoes! Luckily it's seeming like they will in the officer's academy, where you can talk to everyone and stuff.

Replace Echoes with Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, and I agree. Base Conversations are a great idea and I hope they return.

1 hour ago, Fenreir said:

also, while i understand it's a JRPG, they really need to put a stop to the loli stuff and fanservice alike, because it's getting ridiculous. it should have already died with Awakening and Fates.

Agreed. The loli stuff needs to go; not just because it's weird, but also because it's getting stale at this point. "Oh; a green-haired girl with pointy ears; I wonder what she's going to be." It would be interesting for the next plot-relevant dragon character to be different.

Plus, they seem to be setting up Sothis as some mysterious character with the chair, the telepathy and the amnesia, but because the Tiki archetype has begun growing stale on me, I'm not finding her that mysterious. When I opened up Path of Radiance for the first time and watched the main-menu cinematic, Elincia and Leanne seemed far more mysterious to me than Sothis ever has. "What's this A young woman clearly of high rank looking downcast? (You have to remember that this was before Twilight Princess)" "Why is this woman asleep in some charred forest? Why's the forest charred? Why does she have wings?" Even more recently, in the Fates trailers, Azura seemed far more mysterious than Sothis. I think the reason why this is, is that there were unique things about each of these characters that were presented as part of the mystery, whereas, with Sothis, it has so far been a bunch of FE tropes.

I sort-of agree about the fanservice. I'm fine with it when it is done tastefully; a good example being Sonya in Echoes, but I agree that it way too easily gets ridiculous and the kind of fanservice Awakening and Fates introduced was more often than not on the ridiculous end of the scale.