Famitsu Articles Coming Out

Good stuff. Also, we got a name for the blue-haired guy in the Golden Deer (I think someone in another thread said his name was Lorenz?) and we can see really small character portraits for the two girls we saw in the trailer. Now we just need to see the starting characters in Dimitri's group. 

Also, I remember Edelgard having more than four basic classes to reclass into, so I guess you can just keep a character in their base class until you unlock the more advanced classes if you want to? Or the trailer we saw wasn't indicative of the final game.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks rather interesting imo, though, anyone else notice that hand-to-hand combat/gauntlets isn't in the weapon list? perhaps you don't need a weapon rank to use them.

I'm excited by the fact each unit is a villager and is super customisable. I'm sure each unit will have a 'canon'/more appropriate path but it will make replay the game so much more fun, especially since it seems the main three and even Byleth are like this too. I'm also super happy to see Mila's turnwheel back. Hopefully it isn't as broken as sov but I still like it.

I'm sure Byleth's mom will appear somewhere through the story since she was mentioned in their bio. Gearlt is definitely dying but he's an fe dad, we can't expect much. I really hope Sothis is more than just the generic dragon loli mixed with Azura. I would like to see her be a Midna-esque character. Also her true self is definitely a goddess. 

Edelgard seems kinda interesting. I hope her cold personality doesn't translate to bitch personally unless she has the same arch as Weiss Schnee from RWBY. Dimitri is also interesting with that darkness he holds. They are very obviously setting up Faerghus as the most villainous country of the three and I can see Dimitri as the Camus if it is the case we have to fight the other two nations of the houses we don't choose. As for Claude, he's definitely the character that I would normally be attracted too, seems thick and laidback but is super smart and insightful. Tho I'll have to see more of the Golden Deers before I side with them over the Blue Lions personally. Overall all three of them seem rather cookie cutter which I don't mind but hopefully they develop well.

13 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Yeah that stuff is always talked about later in other famitsu scans this is just the most basic stuff explained. I'm definitely sure they obviously know many fans want to know this stuff plus were gonna get updates frequently moving foward stay patient a bit longer! 

Yeah true at least info is flooding!

12 minutes ago, Onestep said:

I'd imagine they'll be covering that at the expo in just under two weeks.

Yeah that's also true I'm just too thirsty for that looking forward to it!

Classes give a unique skill, but don't determine what weapons you can use.

that's nice. it's been a while since i've seen an armored knight without mount being able to use swords or magic( flashbacks from Genealogy intensifies ).

looks like they're on the right path with some of the game's features for now, let's see how it develops.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:
dd5d5rq-99492478-0658-483c-b23c-0b93bf31

So basically this FE will be Customization: the Game. I like what I see so far, but I'll still contain my hype until I see how well it's implemen-

Wait, what's that? Classes don't determine weapons? All this is telling me is that I can make everyone a fist fighter and I've never been so excited.

21 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

looks rather interesting imo, though, anyone else notice that hand-to-hand combat/gauntlets isn't in the weapon list? perhaps you don't need a weapon rank to use them.

No, they're on the weapon list, they're the 5th option on the list. The icon is a fist going diagonally upwards.

Edited by SageOfAnys

4 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

No, they're on the weapon list, they're the 5th option on the list. The icon is a fist going diagonally upwards.

Oh yeah I see them now in the ingame screenshots, but in this box with all weapons, they are omitted, which is rather weird

Spoiler

D47VDsqUYAA98DU.jpg

26 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

So basically this FE will be Customization: the Game. I like what I see so far, but I'll still contain my hype until I see how well it's implemen-

Wait, what's that? Classes don't determine weapons? All this is telling me is that I can make everyone a fist fighter and I've never been so excited.

This description makes me curious as to whether or not promotion/advanced classes are still a thing.

14 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

Oh yeah I see them now in the ingame screenshots, but in this box with all weapons, they are omitted, which is rather weird

Reveal hidden contents

D47VDsqUYAA98DU.jpg

Huh, that's a bizzare decision. Are they trying to play coy or something because it's a brand new weapon type and don't want to go into the details?

Also, more crests are seen in screenshots this time around, most notably the warp tile(?)

Spoiler

WarpCrest.PNG.ddc93aabe2a335d1769604bf253ac284.PNGCrestReference.jpg.d2de55a36a3bdfa0f025fd543b93bc03.jpg

It's also worth noting that the crest seen here is the same crest that was shown in the February Direct emitting the dark clouds/aura when attached to Byleth's sword.

Spoiler

EvilCrest.thumb.jpg.1f4c25f381d644cbac531a437e8fc6a5.jpg

Obviously, this could mean nothing, but I can't help but wonder if there's rhyme or reason as to which crests they chose for gameplay purposes. An entirely different crest was used any time magic was cast (healing or offensive) in the February Direct, and then there's this one for warp tiles. Are the crests determined by the house alliegance of the user, or is each crest highly associated with some sort of magical attribute?

33 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

The Authority icon is also missing, it was a banner in the class menu of the trailer.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Where do you guys find all the scans? I saw that Nintendo Everything had them but you can only watch one image at a time there.

The Reddit link I posted, which in turn links to a Twitter post containing the scans.

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The Reddit link I posted, which in turn links to a Twitter post containing the scans.

Oh, I saw that before but didn't see that all of them were there. Thanks bud.

From what I can gleam, the class change exams have a 100% pass rate if you meet all of the requirements, so the rng aspect shouldn't be too scary in practice. I'm also very curious if there's anything in place to curtail doing a full flyer/cavalry run. They could address this through map design but IS doesn't have an amazing track record there. I'm also wondering if Byleth has the same flexibility and if non student playable characters work the same way.

24 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

This new info seems really cool! I'm really hoping they show off a brand new three houses trailer at the fire emblem expo!!

Same here!

I'm sure everyone who isn't linked to the school part of the game will have a set class and promotion route- I imagine that Byleth and the 8 students from each house start as a flexible Noble/Commoner, and then after the events forcing them out of the school setting for whatever reason, the playable characters from that point on won't start as Noble/Commoner.

13 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

From what I can gleam, the class change exams have a 100% pass rate if you meet all of the requirements, so the rng aspect shouldn't be too scary in practice. I'm also very curious if there's anything in place to curtail doing a full flyer/cavalry run. They could address this through map design but IS doesn't have an amazing track record there. I'm also wondering if Byleth has the same flexibility and if non student playable characters work the same way.

my guess would be a hard nerf to cavalry and flyers, probably giving them inferior stats to infantry and armors if I must guess.

Guest nanashi
10 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I'm sure everyone who isn't linked to the school part of the game will have a set class and promotion route- I imagine that Byleth and the 8 students from each house start as a flexible Noble/Commoner, and then after the events forcing them out of the school setting for whatever reason, the playable characters from that point on won't start as Noble/Commoner.

I think it's more like you start off with the house of your choose and the other two will join latter in preset classes with the school setting being present though out. With how much of the mechanics are tied to the school I not sure that they would just leave for good. 

7 minutes ago, Guest nanashi said:

I think it's more like you start off with the house of your choose and the other two will join latter in preset classes with the school setting being present though out. With how much of the mechanics are tied to the school I not sure that they would just leave for good. 

Yeah plus so much focus around the academy features, art, etc. I doubt we'll really leave seeing as how its very important center location its pretty much our new MyCastle(but actually in the world).

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

my guess would be a hard nerf to cavalry and flyers, probably giving them inferior stats to infantry and armors if I must guess.

Balancing move types through BST differences really didn't work in Heroes but we'll see if they make it more pronounced. And stat centered balancing is a slippery slope anyways as being able to cheese the game through cav spam isn't desirable, totally gutting them in combat wouldn't be fun for anyone either

And it does look like the previous VA guesses were correct.

-Byleth (M): Yusuke Kobayashi - Arslan (The Heroic Legend of Arslan), Senku Ishigami (Dr. Stone), Subaru Natsuki (Re: Zero)

-Byleth (F): Shizuka Itoh - Irina Jelavic (Assassination Classroom), Tomoko Higashikata (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable), Tachibana Ginchiyo (Nioh), Widowmaker (Overwatch), Brighid (Xenoblade 2)

-Jeralt: Akio Ohtsuka - Solid Snake/Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid), Iskander (Fate franchise), Garon (Fire Emblem Fates), Wamuu (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure), Batou (Ghost in the Shell)

-Edelgard: Ai Kakuma - Flora (Fire Emblem Fates), Lala (Monster Musume), Almiria Bauduin (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-blooded Orphans), Yuri Sakazaki (The King of Fighters XIV)

-Dimitri: Kaito Ishikawa - Genos (One-Punch Man), Tenya Iida (My Hero Academia), Nero (Devil May Cry)

-Claude: Toshiyuki Toyonaga - Yuri Katsuki (Yuri!!! on Ice), Mikado Ryuugamine (Durarara!!)

Anyway, finally getting some info on the story and gameplay. Some notes:

-So Jeralt used to be associated with the Knights. His leaving will likely be a plot point

-It just occurred to me that Beleth's sword has a hollow in the middle of the crossguard. However, in the debut trailer there's a gemstone set inside it

NintendoSwitch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_scr

-This is definitely another macguffin

-Sothis speaks in an antiquated fashion. Yeah, she's probably a goddess

-Info about the Houses indicates some interesting specialization. Edelgard has a focus on magic, Dimitri on melee, and Claude on bows. This is really going to change up strategies and makes me wonder how this will affect the story and map selection.

-The ranking system makes it clear there's going to be specialization while still offering flexibility. We'll see how this affects the level cap.

3 minutes ago, Aiddon said:

And it does look like the previous VA guesses were correct.

-Byleth (M): Yusuke Kobayashi - Arslan (The Heroic Legend of Arslan), Senku Ishigami (Dr. Stone), Subaru Natsuki (Re: Zero)

3 minutes ago, Aiddon said:

Subaru Natsuki (Re: Zero)

Oh man, I love

Spoiler

Emilia.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

This description makes me curious as to whether or not promotion/advanced classes are still a thing.

I think they might but unlike previous games, they'll just be glorified stat increases since it seems weapons aren't tied to classes. That or promotion/advanced classes are ways of obtaining new skills. I mean, you have to get them somehow and it doesn't seem like skills are tied to weapons like they were in SoV.

36 minutes ago, Aiddon said:

-It just occurred to me that Beleth's sword has a hollow in the middle of the crossguard. However, in the debut trailer there's a gemstone set inside it

NintendoSwitch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_scr

-This is definitely another macguffin

-Sothis speaks in an antiquated fashion. Yeah, she's probably a goddess

Wonder if Sothis and this person here are the same person. We know Sothis lost her memory so maybe she also got changed to a more childlike appearance as a result. Who knows. Because Sothis' official art has that same sword (minus the gem) so there has to be a reason why this person also has it.