With the new, official, permanent knowledge that the Vampire Leak was false, what did you think about it?

The closest thing to a vampire is Byleth's leggings.  Not that I cared - it would have to be a trainwreck before it affected my enjoyment of the game.

(in other words, the leak was irrelevant)

It's a shame none of the leaks we got before or since were so well-crafted.  I actually enjoyed hearing Mis Leaker's gameplay ideas, especially the day/night effects.

What I'm thinking happened was she wanted to share her ideas, but was afraid a bunch of elitists would take a big steaming crap all over them for being so radically different.  So she dressed them up as a "leak" in hopes of avoiding any personal attacks.

@Mis Leaker, if you're still here and haven't been banned, I just want to know what your real intentions were behind all this.  I think your ideas had potential and it would greatly sadden me if it was all just for some attention.

26 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Would you have been interested in a game like those fake leaks promised? Let's give it a retrospective.

I loved reading about it. seemed like a cool concept. it doesnt really fit the fire emblem franchise but nonetheless i was intrigued. i will buy basically anything that has fire emblem on it.

Edited by Zihark11

6 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

but was afraid a bunch of elitists would take a big steaming crap all over them for being so radically different.  So she dressed them up as a "leak" in hopes of avoiding any personal attacks.

I don't think this is likely what happened. Being afraid of elitists in 2019 is dumb. They have basically been purged from SF and are probably hanging themselves in 4chan with some waifu.

As for myself I didn't actually see these leaks since I haven't been on SF much so.... anyone care to show me an image?

Well, with what we know about the game now, it really doesn't seem like such a far-fetched concept for FE now.

Honestly, I was never in the mindset that it was a horrible idea that should've been purged.  Though I'm also really open-minded and would accept a lot of things... at least as far as the story and characters are concerned.  Now, tell me it would've strayed from the SRPG format, then I'd have something to complain about.

1 minute ago, This boi uses Nino said:

As for myself I didn't actually see these leaks since I haven't been on SF much so.... anyone care to show me an image?

As far as I know, there were no images, just rumors.  The idea was that the next FE game was gonna be a Gothic-themed setting with vampires and a day/night cycle.  I don't remember much more than that, but I do remember it was met with mixed reception by SF.

1 minute ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I don't think this is likely what happened. Being afraid of elitists in 2019 is dumb. They have basically been purged from SF and are probably hanging themselves in 4chan with some waifu.

This was almost two years ago.

There weren't many pictures making the rounds, but the thread is still here in all its 126-page glory for you to read.

Sadly, I severely doubt she'll be coming back to answer us.  She last visited in December 2017.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

As far as I know, there were no images, just rumors.  The idea was that the next FE game was gonna be a Gothic-themed setting with vampires and a day/night cycle.  I don't remember much more than that, but I do remember it was met with mixed reception by SF.

Are the threads not open anymore?

EDIT: @Von Ithipathachai Oh 2 years ago, damn that's a long time, still Elitists where annihilated pretty quickly anyways by then and hmm if the first thing you read is "According to 4chan" then it's weird since those guys are either the biggest idiots in the entire planet or the smartest ones in the universe.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

Huh, first time I'm hearing about that. Despite being practically daily on SF. I probably forgot or never checked in the first place...

Anyway... well, I wouldn't say no to having vampires in a FE game. The franchise has used lots of other creatures already, so what's one more with vampires. So yeah, I consider myself partial to the ideas of the leak.

I really wanted it to be true because it would have given me something  to appeal to my goth side and be playing my favorite series at the same time.  I really would have loved it if the loli dragon had an immortal vampire keeper just to have a bit of a change.  

I didn't read all of those pages, since 126 is a lot, but I remember checking in on that thread and I think it was pretty interesting. It sounded really thematically and aesthetically different, and in a way which might have been cool. I'm not a fan of the humanized monster trope, but the idea of a day night cycle and how that would affect vampires / werewolves is pretty neat.

One of the things that rubbed me the wrong way about FE8 randomizers is how the monster classes are kind of cool, but very clearly designed to be enemy only and just feel kinda wrong, honestly. This might have done something like that, but properly. More coherently. I don't know.

It would have been neat.

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

it's weird since those guys are either the biggest idiots in the entire planet or the smartest ones in the universe.

Often both at the same time.

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Often both at the same time.

Yeah like they can either pinpoint your exact location (Like what happened with HWNDU Season 3, watch Internet historian for that one) or can spend all day talking about some dumb meme.

Well, I don't remember ever hearing about it when it first came out, but I just read the screenshot of the original "leak". I definitely wouldn't object to the game it offers, but even that seems fake. They had just attempted a "villainous" protagonist in Conquest, and we all saw how that went. Besides, trying the same plot point twice in a row is a dangerous tactic, unless you're trying to make it your series' motif. Plus, the features are all things the community wanted (I think) and that in itself leans towards the too good to be true side.

47 minutes ago, Bloom said:

If we could have a special skill where we drink blood from our allies, that would have been really fucking cool lol.

I guess Reina's your favorite FE character? :P:

Ahem. . .

That's enough about 4chan.

Honestly at this time I still like the concept, the set up and the Day/Night mechanic. I could actually see it happening(given how Heroes has Book 3 theme set up it'll easily fit a mainline game). I do expect down the line FE will have concepts of demons(further than a final boss) and vampire species in a universe only time will tell which I hope this series can finally do since other JRPG series already have it long ago!

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

I mean, I go with a "fake until proven true" approach when it comes to leaks, so I didn't give it that much thought, but... could have been cool. Maybe a bit too different from what FE usually is, especially for the first home console entry in a while.

Not like Three houses itself seems afraid to shake down conventions though, to be fair.

It was obviously false. 

I'm glad nothing about this game was leaked pre-E3 (and even the stuff post E3 was probably just a good guess and not a leak). Although I do wonder if that means Fire Emblem isn't a series that's big enough to even bother leaking.

Okay, who found my fanfiction (not kidding here, I actually wrote a Fire Emblem story that was essentially that, though without the day/night cycle)?

In all seriousness, this is the first time I ever heard about it. But hey, Castlevania meets Fire Emblem is definitely an awesome idea. 

Never really followed the “leaks” but from what I remember I thought the ideas were cool.

We do have a church that seems to be pretty heavily involved though and churches are pretty goth so at least some goth element did appear in Three Houses.

On 4/24/2019 at 3:14 AM, thecrimsonflash said:

it's another good reason why fans shouldn't make fire emblem games, I thought fire emblem: mutiny was a better idea and that would have been like 60% boat maps.

What about the rom hacks?

I’d have appreciated it if this “leak” became one.