With the new, official, permanent knowledge that the Vampire Leak was false, what did you think about it?

19 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

What about the rom hacks?

I’d have appreciated it if this “leak” became one.

I don't care about rom hacks as they have no effect on the series as a whole, my point is that if any series just took every idea that everyone was throwing out there just because some people are like "I like castlevania, thus this is a good and fitting idea for the series" it would ultimately compromise the series' identity. 

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Guest This Guy
14 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don't care about rom hacks as they have no effect on the series as a whole, my point is that if any series just took every idea that everyone was throwing out there just because some people are like "I like castlevania, thus this is a good and fitting idea for the series" it would ultimately compromise the series' identity. 

What do you mean, we change worlds constantly with each entry, granted not as much as say Final Fantasy.

If the mechanics are the same, how much would really be different?

On 25/4/2019 at 5:22 AM, Azure in a Roundabout said:

What about the rom hacks?

I’d have appreciated it if this “leak” became one.

Someone attempted it but it died quickly. The leak lost credibility very quickly since the "Leaker" changed the leaks according to the feedback she got here.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:22 AM, redtutel said:

Although I do wonder if that means Fire Emblem isn't a series that's big enough to even bother leaking.

I vividly recall pretty much all the assets of Echoes being released on the internet before its release - sounds, sprites, portraits, all that.

I'll also say if fighting games like Soul Calibur are "big enough" for people to bother leaking information about them, then Fire Emblem is as well.  Though I think if anything how big it is determines how much gets leaked; if it's a high profile game much like Mario Odyssey or Zelda: Breath of the Wild, they're gonna keep a very tight lid on things.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:14 AM, thecrimsonflash said:

it's another good reason why fans shouldn't make fire emblem games, I thought fire emblem: mutiny was a better idea and that would have been like 60% boat maps.

There's a fine line between bending backwards for the fans and not listening to them at all.

And that's the approach/thought process of a close-minded writer - to think there's only one way to handle a concept.

FE: Mutiny could have been 60% boat maps... or it could be a series of ports, underwater kingdoms (akin to Atlantis), islands, marshlands, coastlines, and naval bases.  Heck, some could take place completely on a mainland - a pirate-themed story does not always have to be sea-locked.  Perhaps you will be given the occasional map that is completely land-based, and you have to use characters that are better equipped for sea combat against trained land combatants.

FE: Vampire-Goth Game could just as well have been an awful Hot Topic meets Twilight meets Fire Emblem mish-mash that even the edgiest of teens would be embarrassed to play.  Or perhaps they could take the approach of us playing as vampire slayers with a few vampiric allies.  Or maybe they would make it where you are hunted by religious zealots and have to fight a horrible and corrupt religious government.

If anyone shouldn't be dictating how things should be going, it's people who shun concepts because they're afraid of the worst possible outcomes.  That fear stifles creativity, and it's how we get awful remakes and reboots for media that really don't need/deserve them.  I know the last time they got ambitious it sorely bit them in the arse, but I'd rather they keep that spark of innovation, and am quite glad they're still doing something a little different than usual.  And I understand there's a line between what is and isn't FE, but I don't think thematic changes do much to shake the core of what FE is all about.  Even Fates: Birthright is still Fire Emblem at heart.

16 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

If done right I can see a gothic fire emblem with vampires or other themes like Pirates. Tear Ring saga featuring Holmes had a pirate setting and was supposed to be the next Fire Emblem if I remember well.

The last game had a Japanese setting, and the current one has an academy enviroment. If they maintain the story in a historical period, even with Vampires in a renaissanse atmosphere, it would still fit FE concept. I can't see it happening so early though.

Guest This Guy

Like Seriously, Races of Cat, Bird, Dragon, Rabbit, Werewolf, and Fox people are completely normal, as well as Demons and Monsters, but you draw the line at Vampires?