Do you use some kind of sleeping aid?

XRay

Do you like to sleep with your pet, a family member, or comfort object (teddy bear, blanky, etc.)?

I sleep with my kitty, and I used a pillow case before I got my cat, and I used my mom's scarf when I was really young. I slept alone for about a week during my trip to Thailand, and I just took a nap with my puss when I recently got home. I am not really sure how to describe it but sleeping with my cat feels a TON better. I still slept and woke up fine when I was in Thailand, so I do not think the lack of cat affects my sleep quality, but it did feel like I am missing something important.

The closest comparison I could think of is eating food without any seasoning. Like, you will still survive and thrive off of super bland food, but it feels like you are missing a huge part of what makes food awesome.

Edit:
The previous title is "Do you sleep "alone" or sleep together with something/someone?" but now that I think about it, it could give the wrong impression.

Edited by XRay

I sleep on my own bed by myself, I once grabbed a pillow and experimented to see if it would help me sleep better but not really, I guess it has to be something I actually have affection towards like a pet or a SO (Significant other) and no, I'm not getting myself a body pillow. 

I ain't a weeb.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

6 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

That said I also slept with my cats when I had them. But I stopped when one pooped in my bed at night. 

Yuck. Was it a kitten? Or maybe it is not poop and it is just throw up. My cat's puke sometimes looks like a huge piece of turd, but is usually much lighter in color compared to her poop.

The cat shitted in my bed. The beasty stink spreaded in no time that I had to throw my blanket out of the window. The sound of poop woke me up after five seconds the smell told me what happened. 

I must admit the room was closed because my mum had a cat allergie, so I cannot blame the cat. However I did not want to let it happen again, so I did not take them over nights anymore. 

Edited by Rosalina

27 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Is this thread meant to expose whether we're seeing someone?

I sleep alone. Of course, everybody sleeps alone. Cher said that.

You're assuming that I'd answer honestly.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Is this thread meant to expose whether we're seeing someone?

I sleep alone. Of course, everybody sleeps alone. Cher said that.

Now that I think about it, I think I will change the title to sleeping aid or something to prevent confusion.

2 hours ago, Rosalina said:

The cat shitted in my bed. The beasty stink spreaded in no time that I had to throw my blanket out of the window. The sound of poop woke me up after five seconds the smell told me what happened. 

I must admit the room was closed because my mum had a cat allergie, so I cannot blame the cat. However I did not want to let it happen again, so I did not take them over nights anymore. 

I close my bedroom door at night too, although my cat meows very loudly to wake me up so I can open the door for her, and then I often times just let my bedroom door remain open for the rest of the night.

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

I sleep with my stuffed toys; yes, I love my stuffed toys.

Stuffed toys sounds pretty normal compared to "filthy rag" that my mom described one of my old pillow case once. Yeah, I actually retrieved that pillow case from the garbage when my mom tried to throw it away. I do not remember the pillow case being in such poor condition, but I am probably biased. I sometimes drool a lot when I sleep and I like to scratch and rub the fabric together, so it probably smells like drool and is tattered like my cat's scratching post.

I am not sure if I still have it since I cannot find it anymore, so my mom probably threw it away after I moved on to another pillow case.

Edited by XRay

Whenever I try to sleep I simply clear my mind and fall asleep, if that doesn't work I start chanting this quote from Legend of Korra in my head:

Let go your earthly tether,
Enter the void,
Empty, and become wind.

So you could see that as a sleeping aid I guess. But reading the other comments I doubt it's the kind of aid you were thinking of.

I sleep alone, no body pillows, stuffed animals, cats or other people in my bed.

2 hours ago, whase said:

Whenever I try to sleep I simply clear my mind and fall asleep, if that doesn't work I start chanting this quote from Legend of Korra in my head:

Let go your earthly tether,
Enter the void,
Empty, and become wind.

I tend to worry about things whenever bedtime rolls around and that results in insomnia so I take melatonin but it's a hit or miss with those but I might try this. 

I'll try hugging my Digimon pillow and see if that helps.  

21 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I tend to worry about things whenever bedtime rolls around and that results in insomnia so I take melatonin but it's a hit or miss with those but I might try this. 

I've also learned that it becomes easier to fall asleep when I accept that I need it, simply knowing that getting a full night of sleep makes me perform better the next day. Not sure if that helps for anyone else but might be worth a shot.

I recently bought one of those "My Pillow" brand pillows and now I can't sleep as well without it.  I also have to use my Legend of Zelda pillow case which is very soft.  Sadly sleep can be very fleeting since between my dogs who sleep on the bottom bunk of my bunk bed (I sleep on top) waking me up and my blood sugar sometimes doing funky things which causes me to have really bad nightmares I don't get a good night's sleep most of the time.  When I was a little kid I had a teddy bear ( I named her Baby Bear) that I had to have with me all the time and of course that also meant when I slept as well, I still have her and she is still in good shape believe it or not, though even as a little kid I took good care of my favorite stuff.

Last night I woke up in a sweat because I had a dream where I and some mystery woman met up to watch a movie, but we enjoyed our time together so much that we realized an hour had passed and we didn't start the movie. Then I woke up. Stupid dreams creating unrealistic expectations for relationships. Maybe I do need a sleeping aid of some kind.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:49 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

I have 13 stuffed toys on my bed

zaaHunn.jpg

Usually, they just stay like that but on occasions I’ll pick up one or two and hug them to go to sleep.

Is that Duplica's Ditto? Neat!

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Is that Duplica's Ditto? Neat!

Why yes it is! I’ve seen these whole assortments of it impersonating other Pokémon and they’re all so cute. Ahhh... just wish someone would make a Machoke one like in the show because that was always my favorite from the episode.