Trails in the Sky SC: Low Level Game, 100% completion, Hard Mode (COMPLETE)

Ronlyn

Choose carefully...(Not really, but at least you have input)  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Choose carefully...(Not really, but at least you have input)

• Agate´s route
    • Schera´s route

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the really long wait, the quick answer for that is "My internet sucks" but that aside, the battle everyone's waiting:

Enforcer II The Bladelord:

Spoiler

Here's the whole video description just in case you only here for how I actually did this:

Spoiler

Before even get started let me make this clear: YOU NEED GRAIL SPHERE TO EVEN PRETEND TO HAVE A DECENT SHOT AT BEATING THIS HELL OF A BOSS. With that out of the way, I decided to split this particular fight into four phases for easy comprehension:

Phase I - The First Turn: You better start spamming triangle + directional button to pop that grail sphere ASAP since Loewe will 80% of the time open up by tossing one of his S-crafts (Demon Flames is on a large area around him and inflicts Faint while Dead Emperor's Sword can target on someone with a medium AoE and a good chance to inflict Freeze...not that matters since both are OHKO to everyone no exceptions). The other 20% he will do wherever and to be honest just reset since it means he will  S-craft you the moment your protection is gone (quite easily to accomplish by his lackeys) just to spite you.  After this he only has a 30% chance to pop another S-craft on you if his turn lands on a bonus turn.

Phase II - Setting up the battlefield: Joshua was send into the fire since his HP and agility means he's the only one capable of evade at least one hit without buffs while he cast Sylphen Guard on himself to become a dodge tank . Kevin and the girls have priorities in terms of spells: Clock Down, Clock up EX, Petrosphere and Clock Down (with Kevin pulling out Gaia Shield/Earth Guard when needed). Clock Down will bring down Loewe's speed to manageable levels, Clock up EX to put you on par with him, Petrosphere will fuck with his options and leave him with either attack Joshua (and maybe hit with a 60% chance) or cast arts (including: Silver Thorns for confusion, La Teara to ensure you suffer for longer and Earth Guard if the last one wasn't clear enough), and Orbal Down to make every spell count, and all this must be done while taking into account his Zero Field Craft (Interrupt arts, line targeting with a rather big area that would make Agate blush). Take note that I didn't include his archaisms since those can either cooperate or be out of range of these spells so better assume only Loewe will be stuck with these.

Phase III - Killing the Lackeys: With our field set, the first offensive action is to remove those annoying things since they can:

1. Riot Charge. Line, knocks back and changes position.
2. Riot Star. Area (M).
3. Riot Wave. Line (M).
4. Riot Press. Single, can inflict Faint.
5. Plasma Ball. Single, can inflict Seal.

And frankly, we cannot have this while Loewe throw all his garbage around so they must go. Select the AoE art of your preference (if you can avoid using high end arts that cover all the grid better since it means less turns refilling your EP). Also take note to ensure Loewe is still debuff and your team guarded at all times since he can still pop his S-craft and ruin someone's day (Kevin ends up paying dearly early in the fight and thanks god I could recover from it).

After those two are gone, there's one last phase called...

Phase IV - ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE: I didn't mention it until now but Loewe like his fellows Bleublac and Luciola can summon clones of himself into the battle as soon as the first turn. They wouldn't be so bad...except they can hit for 4500+ damage while also capable of use Zero Field at will....and they can appear whenever he feels like on any location...and they're immune to everything and all must be killed once they're on the battleground even if the original dies first...and there are no limits of how many of them can be at the same time so you can have the REALLY BAD LUCK of experience something as silly as twelve clones farting around, killing everyone while you try your best to end this nightmare just to find yourself surrounded by these jesters mocking your every attempt at winning this fight (NO, I'm not salty about losing before killing the last few clones or anything, what makes you think that?).

So the clear objective is....KILL HIS ASS BEFORE HE DROWNS YOU WITH CLONES!!!! and god forbid you use your S-crafts BEFORE he's death: Even if they deal amazing damage, these things have the horrible drawback of put on you so much delay that you might as well forget that character do anything in battle since he won't reach his turn until he's the last one standing (and Loewe's AI is smart enough to know this and aim for the rest of your party).

Overall, I like this: Loewe is a well design boss (outside of his clone not having limits in terms of numbers) that forces you to have countermeasures against everything  he does while he tries his best to render your actions futile. I hope the next bosses are as challenging as him.

Finally back. If you read the whole name of the last fight, you would have noticed the word "optional" in there and I need to elaborate:

Spoiler

cG8qAZB.jpg

Most of the time, getting creamed by a boss means restart the fight and hope to not get knock out once against. Loewe is the exception to this rule.

2D7ZYqF.jpg
1SzdTGi.jpg
KI8GkfN.jpg

Hitting that continue button will actually let you bypass his fight and deal with the rest of the game without too much of a drawback (we don't need the experience in the first place and a second gladiator belt is rather useless since we need those accessory slots for other things). 

So yeah, for the sake of this run, Loewe will have the last laugh so I can go further into the game with the party severely underlevel (For the record, being lvl 90 BEFORE Loewe is the normal deal here).

With this out of the way, here the last entries of this whole run and with it, I call this one complete:

T.M.Dragion:

Spoiler

The Faceless:

Spoiler

The Merciless Savior:

Spoiler

Edited by ronlyn