We have new info on FE16!

Hanes

@Thane Thank you a lot! (And also NekoKnight.) It's awesome to know what they are all saying, and my Japanese isn't good enough to understand them without copy and pasting into a dictionary every 5 seconds. :P

I have one question - when Claude says   先生にしか分からない何かがあったはずだ   does しか mean deer? Was it originally written just in hiragana?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, snowyglacier said:

@Thane Thank you a lot! (And also NekoKnight.) It's awesome to know what they are all saying, and my Japanese isn't good enough to understand them without copy and pasting into a dictionary every 5 seconds. :P

I have one question - when Claude says   先生にしか分からない何かがあったはずだ   does しか mean deer? Was it originally written just in hiragana?

しか here means "only" and it causes the verb to be conjugated in the negative. For example, 私の会社は二台コンピーターしかありません would be "my company only has two computers"; I believe that's the example the Genki textbooks use. So, Claude is suspecting there's something that only Byleth understands (probably referring to whatever Sothis did, I reckon).

The opposite of this is も、which can of course mean "also", but when you use that particle with numbers for example, you emphasize the amount. Like, 母は五匹猫も飼っていますよ! would be "my mother has FIVE cats!"

(My example sentences might not have 100% correct grammar; might've messed up a particle or so!)

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

しか here means "only" and it causes the verb to be conjugated in the negative. For example, 私の会社は二台コンピーターしかありません would be "my company only has two computers"; I believe that's the example the Genki textbooks use. So, Claude is suspecting there's something that only Byleth understands (probably referring to whatever Sothis did, I reckon).

The opposite of this is も、which can of course mean "also", but when you use that particle with numbers for example, you emphasize the amount. Like, 母は五匹猫も飼っていますよ! would be "my mother has FIVE cats!"

(My example sentences might not have 100% correct grammar; might've messed up a particle or so!)

I see, thanks again. ^^

7 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Anna looks off in this game. I blame the shade of red in hair, and general level of detail. Going to take a while for me to adapt as the new face of her.

Her hair is also WAY longer. Guess she wanted to look a little different from her sisters

I mean I saw it an instantly thought Anna so it still feels like her. But it is very different

though to be honest, everyone looks  off to me in this game. The weird inner eye ring that’s the same color but somehow different is off putting 

"I suppose I should introduce myself properly. My name is Edelgard von Hræsvelgr. I am the imperial princess of the Adrestian Empire, and heir apparent to the throne. I wonder if you would end up taking over our class..."

Formal and polite as I expected.

There's also this

I assume it's just an introduction for Edelgard but if anyone can translate it and whatever Edelgard is saying in the screenshot, that'd be great.

10 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Sheesh, Japan continuing to get all the good stuff with these little teases.

NoA, get off your butt and actually show us more of this stuff in English!

This is Japan only news?! And it has an international release date? Wow.

10 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Sheesh, Japan continuing to get all the good stuff with these little teases.

NoA, get off your butt and actually show us more of this stuff in English!

12 minutes ago, redlight said:

This is Japan only news?! And it has an international release date? Wow.

There you go. This was already posted in the Twitter thread but I guess I should've posted it here too. 

This was posted on their Twitter yesterday, so I'm not sure what the outrage is about. 

Edited by Thane

13 minutes ago, Thane said:

There you go. This was already posted in the Twitter thread but I guess I should've posted it here too. 

This was posted on their Twitter yesterday, so I'm not sure what the outrage is about. 

I'm talking about the huge info dump of the world and game mechanics

1 hour ago, redlight said:

I'm talking about the huge info dump of the world and game mechanics

That's just not how we advertise our games out there I guess. We're still getting Nintendo directs and tweets, but magazine coverage would make less sense than in Japan. Or at least that's how it is where I live.

4 minutes ago, Cysx said:

That's just not how we advertise our games out there I guess. We're still getting Nintendo directs and tweets, but magazine coverage would make less sense than in Japan. Or at least that's how it is where I live.

And we've got E3 a month before the game comes out, if nothing else. 

13 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Yeah it's crazy that we're almost there plus now consistently getting new stuff until then!

Yeah I still remember the horrible wait we had to go through until we got our second trailer V_V

10 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Yeah I still remember the horrible wait we had to go through until we got our second trailer V_V

Exactly, like I remember people speculating so much because we had an info drought.

9 minutes ago, nhaer042 said:

Isn't there a FE Expo this week? Could we see some new info from that?

Maybe, but I'm not expecting it. All current indications seem to be that it's not something to expect game announcements at.

Guest Bogo
1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Maybe, but I'm not expecting it. All current indications seem to be that it's not something to expect game announcements at.

They don't have to ruin the surprise and just say something will be there either way I'm expecting something nothing too big.

Guest Lae
11 minutes ago, Guest Bogo said:

They don't have to ruin the surprise and just say something will be there either way I'm expecting something nothing too big.

It could also coincidentally have news seperate from the whole thing that day we'll see how this week plays out for news either way.

Guest Eldegard ultra instinct

I was wondering (sorry if someone already asked) if we would have New informations in the famitsu each week and if yes wich Day would it be. Thank you in advance 

1 hour ago, Guest Eldegard ultra instinct said:

I was wondering (sorry if someone already asked) if we would have New informations in the famitsu each week and if yes wich Day would it be. Thank you in advance 

I believe so but it's golden week in Japan now so we gotta wait either next week or week after for the next big batch of news. At least the JP FE Twitter got our backs till its over and still moving foward till the release.