Have you ever made your own apps?

Rayne

Depends on what you're trying to make, and for what platform, AND how much previous programming knowledge you have.  The third one will determine how quickly you can pick up another language (if necessary).

Can't speak on mobile phone apps, but based on web development experience, depending on what you're making and how many people are working on it, anywhere from a month or so to about a few years of development. As eclipse said, the actual programming background plays a huge role. Even if it's not your primary language, already having a sense of software development makes picking up new languages significantly easier, especially since a lot of languages have the same general syntax anymore.

If you can give a general outline of what it is you want to make, someone might be able to give a more accurate estimate.

Edited by bottlegnomes

• 3 years later...

I wanted to make my own app once. I wanted to make the perfect to-do list because I couldn't find an app that was comfortable for me. To this day, I still have to use two apps. I don't know why there isn't one to-do list with all the features I need. I even started to study the development but I realized that it was too hard for me so I gave up.