FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm confused. Her design is just simple cleavage and not much more. People think of this as being really fanservicey now? This is like baby level and if you went outside at night in a city and dropped a rock chances are you'd hit a woman in a dress like that. I guess if you wanna say it's too revealing for a teacher you could, but I have not much opinion on that aspect.

You gotta hide Skin completely or it's literally an hentai game, according to some people.

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Showing any amount of skin = fanservice nowadays for some people. It's dumb and i hate that that mentality exists. 

Anyway, I'd say that out of all the characters that have been revealed so far, Manuela probably has the best design out of sheer fact that it stands out. Byleth and the three house leaders stand out too but that's about it.

Same it's very stupid what time we live in now over 1 tiny thing you see everywhere ugh......Yeah she to me personally not only designwise but she's so far is my favorite character going from her personality! 

@Dmysi'm also wondering about that guy as well a while ago first rule in FE if you got a face that's not faceless or a copypaste NPC your unique lol.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

I do think it's a bit "fanservicey" but no where near as fanservicey as some other designs that I saw before, but I still do like her design anyway to be honest, I feel like it has the right amount of fanservice without becoming too much.

I don't have a problem with fanservice, I just think she isn't all that attractive. Like I admit that I'm a hyopcrite since I don't mind Camilla's design but I think Manuela's breast are too big, at least in the art, and that her outfit isn't drawn well. I need to see more of her model but her portrait doesn't do it for me. Honestly, I prefer the female avatar's design if we're talking about fanservice characters in Three Houses.

Edited by Maimishou

45 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm confused. Her design is just simple cleavage and not much more. People think of this as being really fanservicey now? This is like baby level and if you went outside at night in a city and dropped a rock chances are you'd hit a woman in a dress like that. I guess if you wanna say it's too revealing for a teacher you could, but I have not much opinion on that aspect.

Well, I think Camilla has scarred most people in that regard now. I mean, it's one thing that her outfit was already very showey, and then she got that Birthright cutscene that made sure you knew about it.

So, I think because of that, it's going to be on everyone's mind, for better or worse.

Just my kind of character =B. Insta like, hope we can recruit and marry her. Go Byleth, your chance. Forget the students. Mingle with the teachers.

Yeah, I also think its exaggerated. Its not like there are many characters in the game like that and even so, it could be worse. Also would like it that we can get into contact with some of the "older" cast and not only have students to pay attention too.. 

12 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Just my kind of character =B. Insta like, hope we can recruit and marry her. Go Byleth, your chance. Forget the students. Mingle with the teachers.

Yeah, I also think its exaggerated. Its not like there are many characters in the game like that and even so, it could be worse. Also would like it that we can get into contact with some of the "older" cast and not only have students to pay attention too.. 

Fine taste good sir!!!!?

3 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Fine taste good sir!!!!

I see we understand us here. xD 

I mean overall I would like for Byleth to have 2 ways. One is, he is unable to have a romance with anyone and is just not into it, or at this point the game plays its just not what the character is focused in. Or we get some fitting adult options to have something in the game. Many do not want for Byleth to have a deeper relationship with students. which of course is relatable.

But this would be ok. + I admit I just like this. Sadayo Kawakami was my favorite in Persona 5. I am more relaxed about this regarding games. Still can relate why others may dislike it even in games and it was also a mentioned in Persona 5, that its an uncomfortable situation with hesitation. 

I like her look and find her pretty attractive, though I prefer Female Byleth, Petra, and Dorothea.

I think outfit wise she’s comparable to Ursula, who I never find people rag on aside from her look in Heroes but that’s different because it’s mostly the art rather than the design that bothers them. 

1 hour ago, Maimishou said:

I don't have a problem with fanservice, I just think she isn't all that attractive. Like I admit that I'm a hyopcrite since I don't mind Camilla's design but I think Manuela's breast are too big, at least in the art, and that her outfit isn't drawn well. I need to see more of her model but her portrait doesn't do it for me. Honestly, I prefer the female avatar's design if we're talking about fanservice characters in Three Houses.

Maybe Manuela's not meant to be that attractive? I mean, she's not hideous by any standards, but she's not generically pretty either. It seems like an intentional design choice. Given that her background suggests she's at least in her mid-thirties, Maybe she wears the clothes because she likes using grandiose and revealing designs to make up for he failing natural looks, or maybe she just likes the style. It does seems like a somewhat exaggerated theatres dress, so maybe it's just what she's used to wearing.

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Honestly, I think any character with big breasts is going to be called fan service. I remember Kozaki mentioning that Camilla was not designed with big breasts not for fanservice, but rather as direct contrast to Hinoka. 

I'm getting Persona 5 vibes the here, based off the interaction with students being akin to social games. As for the new teacher, surprised she's teacher of magic. You'd think she'd be teaching Singing, but IS didn't want sing being on more than one unit.

1 hour ago, Marros said:

Why would you teach Singing at a Military Academy though?

Same reason militaries used to have drum rallies supporting them?

And because magic is a thing, music can be used as a magical weapon.  That's called bardic magic.  Literally insult people to death and magically put enemies to sleep with enchanting lullabies.

3 hours ago, Stroud said:

One is, he is unable to have a romance with anyone and is just not into it

Would IS have the balls to do that? Make Byleth unable to romance anyone. That would honestly be quite a surprise and i wouldn't be opposed to it. Most game journalists might be opposed to it but we all know that the opinions of most game journalists don't matter.

3 hours ago, Stroud said:

Many do not want for Byleth to have a deeper relationship with students. which of course is relatable.

I understand but i also don't tbh. The thing with Byleth is that he appears to be the same age as his students so if he can romance any of them, it wouldn't really feel weird. But yeah, i totally understand why people don't it's just that when i look at the circumstances, i don't really have a problem with Byleth being able any of his students if it were indeed possible.

2 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

Because in FE, singing can save your allies an extra turn.

A fair point, though I imagine it won't be taught for gameplay reasons.

45 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

And because magic is a thing, music can be used as a magical weapon.  That's called bardic magic.  Literally insult people to death and magically put enemies to sleep with enchanting lullabies.

Sure, but are your officers usually the ones that do that?

And Yes, I'm familiar with D&D Bards, but the closest I remember FE getting to them was Ninan and Nils having those rings for buffs. The mind whammy stuff has never really cropped up. Which is not to say i wouldn't be cool with those sort of spells turning up, but neither of the categories of magic we know of in 3H strike me as a category bardic magic would fall under.

5 minutes ago, Marros said:

A fair point, though I imagine it won't be taught for gameplay reasons.

Sure, but are your officers usually the ones that do that?

And Yes, I'm familiar with D&D Bards, but the closest I remember FE getting to them was Ninan and Nils having those rings for buffs. The mind whammy stuff has never really cropped up. Which is not to say i wouldn't be cool with those sort of spells turning up, but neither of the categories of magic we know of in 3H strike me as a category bardic magic would fall under.

Azura was essentially a D&D bard, knowing multiple song and dance rituals that could greatly affect evil creatures. The Heron's Songs/Galdr could cause a number of effects. Song and dance are fairly common ritual components in FE.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

I thought that the drums were used to rely orders in the same manner how a Petty Officer uses his whistle to alert people when a VIP boards the ship?

Wow I've missed a lot of character reveals. Glad to see that they aren't going to just wait until ever Famitsu article comes out to introduce new characters. NoA should at least keep up with the Japanese character reveals. Even the websites are like night and day.

Don't have much too say about Rea other than she looks pretty except for her eyes. The closeup they give her on the website make her seem extra creepy to me.

Hubert being Edelgard's retainer is a surprise. I kind of expected it to be Petra or Ferdinand, but he weirdly fits now that the information is revealed. He looks a little too old to be attenting the academy, but his character seems like it would be fun as I can see him using more aggressive methods to get rid of Edelgard's methods.

Duduu also looks too be too old to be at the school, but I like what we know of him so far. I am actually surprised that he is a commoner since I expected the Blue Lions to be filled with nobles. I feel like he and Dmitri are going to have a closer relationship (more brotherly) than Edelgard and Hubert (where it would be more professional), but that is just conjecture at this point.

Lorentz is going to be hit or miss. He sounds like a young Virion except without any actual charm. He sounds like he could care less about what occurs with Claude, and is just chasing girls around with no success. His hair isn't that bad, but I don't think I'm going to like him much unless they give him some extra depth, and he learns to shut his mouth.

Manuela looks cool. The only thing that bothers me about her outfit is that is looks like they never cleaned up the art? There is a line on her portrait that runs into her boob that kind of bothers me, but otherwise her outfit looks like what she is. That she is looking for a man kind of bothers me because that personality can be hit or miss for me, but we'll see what they do with her.

What I don't like about Manuela's design is her makeup. Some people seem to like it and that's fine, but it comes off as gaudy to me. I think it's the color.

As far as the boobs, well, I've never disliked a character just because their design includes some sex appeal. I dislike Camilla because sex appeal is all she is, but I like some others like Charlotte and Kagero, so I'll need to get to know Manuela first.

10 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Not that I have a problem with fan service...but the characters don’t have to show a lot of their skin to be considered as fan service. Even then, in addition to her cleavage, her dress’ cut goes up to her thighs on both sides. Put her design with the fact that she’s a teacher, doctor, performer that is looking for a right man, that’s like multiple fantasies rolled into one. I feel like IS is trying to create characters that are balanced between being fan service and being ‘classy’.

Edited by zuibangde

8 hours ago, Marros said:

Why would you teach Singing at a Military Academy though?

Well, why would you assume she teaches singing? In the only scene we have with her she seems to be a regular teacher. It's not like Byleth teaches how to be a mercenary specifically either.

Edited by Cysx