FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

45 minutes ago, Thane said:

It sounds like she's got a very interesting background, although I personally doubt her status as a commoner will actually mean much in the long run; I could see someone being snide about it in passing only to be told off by Edelgard. However, I certainly didn't expect her to be a former opera singer student. Kind of a jump to suddenly join a military academy so I wonder what prompted that.

I really like her art, too. She's one of the few characters so far that I think look really good, and the hat really gives her her own flair. She's already got a meme foundation so if she' a likeable character I can see her being one of the more popular characters in the game.

"Yare yare daze. All this popularity for a common girl like me?"

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally the fan favorite(mine included?) is here!!!! Only commoner(beside you) is pretty unique her backstory and personality is better than I expected makes me picking Black Eagles all the more perfect! also another character formerly from the Opera company and apprentice to Manuela we're definitely gonna go there at one point that's a given!

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

I really like all these little back stories we're getting about the characters, Dorothea's backstory sounds interesting for sure and I hope the game does her justice and write her well.

Edited by Rose482

Now its hard for me to choose between Manuela and Dorothea now I know I'll have multiple saves and all but dammit IS for making characters awesome again!

(I find it amazing that her likes and retweets are already caught up to her mentor's in such a small time wow!!!! I guess we know who's very likely gonna be 2nd popular female if they do a poll for this game which is very likely)

Edit: She surpassed her now!

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

Just in case, her profile was added to the official site. Her full name is Dorothea Arnold.

Manuela was added too. She's listed under the church/academy and has no full name like the non-students.

4 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I think it's better this way. A big world is nice but at the same time, when characters have relationships prior to those they created at the school, the world feels more connected and real.

I'm having an interesting thought here: is the first time Fire Emblem has featured commercial companies within their world? Like yeah, their are mercenary groups but i don't think we've ever gotten a mainstream commercial business before (in the context of Fire Emblem). The fact that we have something called the Mittlefrank Opera Company, not suggests that there are other oprea companies but also suggests that the economy in Fodland is more advanced than previous FE worlds if people are able to actually form corporations. If i'm right, that's pretty interesting.

Or maybe i'm looking too deep into it. Who knows.

3 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

"Yare yare daze. All this popularity for a common girl like me?"

Dorothea's Bizarre Adventure: Emblem Crusaders. No but really, the sheer fact that you can just slap on Jotaro's hat onto her is increasing her already popular status in the community from what i've seen. She might be the most popular character that isn't the three house leaders so far.

15 minutes ago, Arvin said:

So Edelguard's group will likely have a lot of privileged snob characters?

I really hope not. I hope they're still portrayed realistically. Though i imagine this guy would probably the privileged snob character

Just look at him. He also looks like Ghiacco from JoJo Part 5 so i kinda just want him to get pissed off at the smallest things.

Really like the stuff we’re learning about the characters. Really digging them so far.

Dorothea is my favorite non 3H leader character so far. Really like her design and backstory. 

So we finally hear about the soon-to-be fan favorite. I like Dorothea. I didn't like how her hat looked photoshopped on at first but it's grown on me. She reminds me a little bit of Rise from Persona in terms of Design and backstory, so I will probably like her. She's currently the only Black Eagles character I really like so if she has access to the songstress/dancer class she will probably be one of my favorite characters. It would be interesting to see how she interacts with the other Black Eagles, since she's the only commoner of the group. I do hope they mention class difference in her supports, because the Empire seems like a much more serious/orderly culture than the others. It would also be interesting to see her interactions with Manuela, since they seem to have a pre-established relationship, so it would be interesting to see how they develop. She also seems to flirt with Byleth, which makes me wonder...

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm having an interesting thought here: is the first time Fire Emblem has featured commercial companies within their world? Like yeah, their are mercenary groups but i don't think we've ever gotten a mainstream commercial business before (in the context of Fire Emblem). The fact that we have something called the Mittlefrank Opera Company, not suggests that there are other oprea companies but also suggests that the economy in Fodland is more advanced than previous FE worlds if people are able to actually form corporations. If i'm right, that's pretty interesting.

In general, a theatrical company isn't exactly a corporation. In most cases, the Company part is just part of the name. They're probably more akin to an opera troupe rather than a corporation. A corporation implies that Mittlefrank Opera Company is like a brand/chain that is owned by shareholders and whatnot. It's most likely a medieval Broadway.

28 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

So we finally hear about the soon-to-be fan favorite. I like Dorothea. She reminds me a little bit of Rise from Persona in terms of Design and backstory

Glad more people see the comparison makes it even better with the Jojo style flair best of both worlds!

Out of the characters revealed so far I can totally see Edelgard or Dorothea as the fan favourite girl - one of these 2 girls will definitely win CYL4 in Heroes. The only 3 that seem to maybe come close from other houses are Annette/Mercedes from Blue Lions, Hilda and maybe Marianne/Lysithea from the Golden Deer. They've both got that certain energy and seem to have a but of a following already never mind when the game actually releases. The sheer amount of people who will be picking Black Eagles first as well will only increase their exposure to players which will get them even more time in the limelight.

Quick comment: some had speculated that the order of reveals for the Black Eagles might follow the below Famitsu screenshot's ordering of characters. We now know they're doing their own thing.

z_5cbf0e971927a.jpg 

I had a thought. All of the students introduced so far have surnames, whether they're commoners or nobles. Several of the nobles have 'von' between their names but strangely Dimitri and Lorentz do not have this, instead they have middle names. I wonder why that is. It's not specific to a single country.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I don't think a company has been named dropped before in the series but the existence of companies isn't exactly advanced for the economy. Trade guilds have existed for hundreds of years and a company is just an association of people who work together to make a profit. Fates probably had a company that owned and ran the opera house even if they never specified who. It's cool world building anyway.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

I had a thought. All of the students introduced so far have surnames, whether they're commoners or nobles. Several of the nobles have 'von' between their names but strangely Dimitri and Lorentz do not have this, instead they have middle names. I wonder why that is. It's not specific to a single country.

Sylvain too. His is Jose

10 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

The "of" in the middle is considered part of the surname (von, van, De-, Di-, Mc-, Mac-).

Edited by LSM

I hope surnames become a standard thing in the series moving forward long overdue this is a fantastic change adds even more depth to the characters makes them more alive and further worldbuilding!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Just now, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I hope surnames become a standard thing moving forward long overdue this is a fantastic change adds even more depth to the characters makes them more alive and further worldbuilding!

It's cool when some characters don't have surnames (contrary to nobles and well to do commoners) precisely because they're nobodies. I'm fond of the "Given name" of "place name" for characters who don't come from prominent families.

I wonder if Byleth will get a surname once his divine parentage (we know the mom is someone special, who ya foolin' game?) gets revealed.

11 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I wonder if Byleth will get a surname once his divine parentage (we know the mom is someone special, who ya foolin' game?) gets revealed.

I think Byleth will have one when their unique lineage gets revealed which is more unique since you can name them whatever you want so unique name combinations!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sorry, looks like I made a mistake. She was a famous songstress, not just an apprentice.

Oh.

... so that's two people with a successful career in singing at the same place that left to join a military school. That's an interesting coincidence.

I don't think they're going for this, but it would be neat if wielding magic in general was tied to singing. Opera for the Reason based tomes, choir for Faith.

(Though that sounds more Tokyo Mirage Sessions...)

31 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I think Byleth will have one when their unique lineage gets revealed which is more unique since you can name them whatever you want so unique name combinations!

Edelgard: Your family name turned out to be "Legend"?
Avatar: Why else do you think my dad named me "A-Fookin"?

Edited by NekoKnight

17 minutes ago, LSM said:

I don't think they're going for this, but it would be neat if wielding magic in general was tied to singing. Opera for the Reason based tomes, choir for Faith.

(Though that sounds more Tokyo Mirage Sessions...)

I doubt it will be in canon but this connection could be made apparent through a melee battle theme(no vocals), a Reason battle theme(with Operatic vocals) and a Faith battle theme(with Choir vocals). Of course if it does become canon with the different vocal styles that's be rad also.