Need help with a few dialogue translations (screenshot #2)

Can anyone help me translate or check some translations for some dialogue screens from Famitsu's website?

Japanese speech is one of my weaknesses, nevermind some of the more colourful characters we have this time...

Here's the current one I'm stuck on:

famitsu-sothis5.jpg

おぬし、 そろそろわしが話すのに慣れよ !
その度に驚いて転ばれても困るわ。

I have no idea what she's saying, but I think it's something to do with her (archaic) way of speech?

Edited by VincentASM

I'm not skilled in translation, but a quick pass through Microsoft's online translation tool gave me the following;

"Degenerations, it's customary for me to speak! It is fall to be surprised at that time."

Yeah, I know... that's gibberish,  and about as much as I would expect of Microsoft, but maybe it could get you started at least? :-_-:

<Edit> Google Translate gave me this "Onushi, sorosoro washi ga hanasu no ni nareyo! Sono-do ni odoroite koroba rete mo komaru wa." That might be more helpful.<Edit>

Edited by GamerX51

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

おぬし、 そろそろわしが話すのに慣れよ !
その度に驚いて転ばれても困るわ。

The romaji seems to be that:

"Onushi, sorosoro washi ga hanasu no ni nareyo! Sonodoni (?) odoroite korobarete mo kowaru wa. "

Yeah it's archaic.

(I'm French so I first translated it in French:

"Maître, habituez vous à mes bavardages ! A chaque fois vous êtes si surpris et avez l'air sur le point de vous écrouler de frayeur.")

The English version, which I hope is not too bad, is that:

"Master, get used to my chatters! Each time I talk, you are so surprised and seem on the verge of collapsing with fright."

It seems like Byleth is scared each times Sothis talks to him.

2 minutes ago, GamerX51 said:

I'm not skilled in translation, but a quick pass through Microsoft's online translation tool gave me the following;

"Degenerations, it's customary for me to speak! It is fall to be surprised at that time."

Yeah, I know... that's gibberish,  and about as much as I would expect of Microsoft, but maybe it could get you started at least? :-_-:

Haha, it's a start, I guess. But a pretty rocky one. Thanks anyway ^^

1 minute ago, ShinkaiNoAki said:

The romaji seems to be that:

"Onushi, sorosoro washi ga hanasu no ni nareyo! Sonodoni (?) odoroite korobarete mo kowaru wa. "

Yeah it's archaic.

(I'm French so I first translated it in French:

"Maître, habituez vous à mes bavardages ! A chaque fois vous êtes si surpris et avez l'air sur le point de vous écrouler de frayeur.")

The English version, which I hope is not too bad, is that:

"Master, get used to my chatters! Each time I talk, you are so surprised and seem on the verge of collapsing with fright."

It seems like Byleth is scared each times Sothis talks to him.

Thanks! Oh, that makes a lot more sense. It does look like the first time Sothis has appeared outside of the night Byleth awakened.

Late response, but I agree with ShinkaiNoAki about what the sentence means. 

But I wouldn't translate onushi as "master", since it seems to be an archaic term used to refer to your equals/inferiors. https://jisho.org/search/onushi

"You'd better get used to me speaking! Even if you are so surprised that you fall over each time and feel embarassed." (Not sure about the last part there.)

10 minutes ago, snowyglacier said:

But I wouldn't translate onushi as "master", since it seems to be an archaic term used to refer to your equals/inferiors. https://jisho.org/search/onushi

Oh you're right! I translated it as "o" (the o at the beginning of a word/name to show respect) + "nushi" (which means that https://jisho.org/search/nushi ). It's why I ended up with "master" but it should have been "my dear subject" or something like that, maybe, considering Sothis's statut. I don't really know which translation is the best. 

Edited by ShinkaiNoAki

Oh, I should probably have checked this before posting on the main site, but can someone please double check my interpretation?

famitsu-noble3.jpg

王や領主など民を導く血筋。
古の英雄である十傑の子孫が多い。

Those with the guiding bloodline of kings and lords. There are many descendants of the ancient heroes, the 10 Greats.
(This class can use some magic.)

I just translated it and I got the same result as you so I think your translation is right. About the "10 Greats" I didn't really know how to translate it exactly but since  means heroes/great men, I agree with your translation and the use of "Greats".

4 minutes ago, ShinkaiNoAki said:

I just translated it and I got the same result as you so I think your translation is right. About the "10 Greats" I didn't really know how to translate it exactly but since  means heroes/great men, I agree with your translation and the use of "Greats".

Thanks, that's reassuring to know. I usually mess up the easy stuff especially when I'm tired XD

18 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Thanks, that's reassuring to know. I usually mess up the easy stuff especially when I'm tired XD

Ahah you're welcome, I understand this feeling X)

Anyway you made a really great job with all these screenshots translations!