Bets/predictions/prophesying thread

Hoping for more same-sex options if there is marriage. I REALLY don't want to play as female Byleth.... Also hoping for some dark magic based classes. Bring back witch!

Anyways, I predict...

• There will only be 1 - 2 same-sex limited marriage options Fates style.
  • Byleth and Sothis are related, also can get married though.
  • Edelgard will end up being the evil country who wants to conquer everything using the crests she oh-so despises if you choose her.
  • Dimitri will die or something if you choose him.
  • Claude will betray Byleth if you choose him.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of these possible scenario probably will happen in the game

Scenario 1:  The Church is not Corrupt, the true enemy is humanity greed

After first main villain defeat, The Church lost its power (Rhea killed?), then the Civil War happen

timeskip/not

we support one of three house in the war.

last boss will the selected emperor/king/alliance leader become monster using crest.

Scenario 1.2:  The Church is not Corrupt but there's hidden enemy

After first main villain defeat, The Church lost its power (Rhea killed?), then the Civil War happen

timeskip/not

we support one of three house in the war.

vs various crest monster from other house noble/leader.

its revealed actually someone manipulating the event/traitor.

vs the true villain.

vs the final boss.

Scenario 2: The Church is Corrupt

After first main villain defeat, its revealed the Church actually Corrupt, we become heretic after learn the truth,

time skip/not

civil war probably happen but just background story, the story will be focus Our Party vs the Corrupt Church, Corrupt church will revive Seiros which actually fake prophet, Last boss will be the Goddess.

Edited by ravenl

I'm predicting that Hanneman will be the main villain, or at lesat the major villain of the first act. His crest experimentation is what will get the plot ball rolling. The reason Manuela wasn't shown with a personal skill in the Famitsu article is because it would raise questions about why Hanneman doesn't have one (the answer being that he's an antagonist and not recruitable).

On 5/18/2019 at 11:23 AM, Hawkwing said:

~There will be a blood on/off option. The default is off, which is why none has been seen in trailers and all that (and because Nintendo understandably wouldn't show that feature off in a direct that features E-rated games).

~ Alternatively/Tying into the above, we may have some of the most brutal cutscenes in a Fire Emblem game.

Dude, the game is rated T. 

Let me take a stab at the plot. "Three Houses" isn't going to be Trails of Cold Steel Emblem, Hogwarts Emblem, or Persona Emblem, but rather "What if we put something like Bloodborne's Healing Church in a Fire Emblem game and how does that affect everything?". That said, I think the final boss isn't going to be the dragon who is responsible for the corruption of the crests, but rather a god, Lovecraftian abomination, or greater entity responsible for corrupting the dragon that causes the events of the game to transpire. We've seen dragons pull the strings in most Fire Emblem games, but what if something else was behind the dragon?

Edited by BZL8

4 hours ago, Calico said:

Dude, the game is rated T. 

zgmZbNapVuDdmrrBUtwczkqdOfTpfygWpLzVlf7bsqLTnmhIL9KKr9CVM3HvL5tOTyRbeyIciEoAxKHUzXFweThZ-SmKlTV05bpDI66pqlnW0MgoOTR_stXkApRGGKqNviD0ECcr

Spoiler

Image result for mount and blade blood meme

6.jpg

29.jpg

T-rated games, everybody.

On a more serious note, several T-rated games use blood and have brutal scenes without going overboard or entering adult territory. I could see Fire Emblem having blood splashes, characters getting cuts and visible injuries, and weapons getting bloodied, but little beyond that. A blood on/off option would be wise to have for this kind of game.

33 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

zgmZbNapVuDdmrrBUtwczkqdOfTpfygWpLzVlf7bsqLTnmhIL9KKr9CVM3HvL5tOTyRbeyIciEoAxKHUzXFweThZ-SmKlTV05bpDI66pqlnW0MgoOTR_stXkApRGGKqNviD0ECcr

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for mount and blade blood meme

6.jpg

29.jpg

T-rated games, everybody.

On a more serious note, several T-rated games use blood and have brutal scenes without going overboard or entering adult territory. I could see Fire Emblem having blood splashes, characters getting cuts and visible injuries, and weapons getting bloodied, but little beyond that. A blood on/off option would be wise to have for this kind of game.

Iirc, didn't Xenoblade 1 have slight blood in it?

Still curious as to what this would spell for Jugdral remakes though, considering the darker nature of those games.

Edited by Espurrhoodie

@Hawkwing Lugaru, the game that you used as an example of a violent T-rated game, was never rated by the ESRB. Fire Emblem Fates and Echoes were also rated for blood (animated and mild, respectively) and neither of them were particularly violent. And I have no idea why you'd think they'd increase the violence like that. There would be no point in doing it.

• A return of HEAVY weapons ie Blades, Greatlances and Poleaxes.
  • Brave Weapons will be ranked around B-A
  • One magic weapon for each weapon type (possibly including Runesword)
  • Reaver/Reverse weapons need to work around professor levels.

11 minutes ago, Calico said:

@Hawkwing Lugaru, the game that you used as an example of a violent T-rated game, was never rated by the ESRB. Fire Emblem Fates and Echoes were also rated for blood (animated and mild, respectively) and neither of them were particularly violent. And I have no idea why you'd think they'd increase the violence like that. There would be no point in doing it.

I suppose that was more of a "throw a plausible idea out there" thing than something I'm actually expecting they'll do. I blame Mount and Blade for putting the idea there, given how the battles in that game can get bloody while still retaining a T-rating, but I am curious on what a Fire Emblem game with blood would look like. I do expect the game to have an option to turn it on or off if it featured it regardless, though.

Continuing with my weapon based prediction:

• Return of the Wo Dao (or a similarly named lightweight high critical weapon) which may exclusive to Sword Based classes. Otherwise, will be given higher Weapon Rank than its Killer equivalent.
  • Similar weapons, Wo Gun (Axe) and Harmonic Lance, may be included.
Edited by Jayvee94

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

Continuing with my weapon based prediction:

• Return of the Wo Dao (or a similarly named lightweight high critical weapon) which may exclusive to Sword Based classes. Otherwise, will be given higher Weapon Rank than its Killer equivalent.
  • Similar weapons, Wo Gun (Axe) and Harmonic Lance, may be included.

Do you think the Wo Dao will be more similar to it's older appearances where it's basically a higher rank Killing Edge? Or will it take after it's more recent Heroes counterpart and add damage to a crit instead.

20 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Do you think the Wo Dao will be more similar to it's older appearances where it's basically a higher rank Killing Edge? Or will it take after it's more recent Heroes counterpart and add damage to a crit instead.

Heroes doesn't run on RNG that's why they add damage. They will return to the 5 more crit that killing edge (35 vs 30 or 25 vs 20).

7 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Heroes doesn't run on RNG that's why they add damage. They will return to the 5 more crit that killing edge (35 vs 30 or 25 vs 20).

They could have easily gave the Wo Dao the Killing/Slaying Edge effect of -1 to cooldown charge, which represents the RNG thing, but the Wo Dao would more represent damage being added to crits.

They better have the javelin. (Sorry if I missed it in a trailer). I also hope they remove all the bull crap nerfs from the weapons they had in fates. I couldn't use the javelin much at all in that game. 

20 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

They better have the javelin. (Sorry if I missed it in a trailer). I also hope they remove all the bull crap nerfs from the weapons they had in fates. I couldn't use the javelin much at all in that game. 

Yeah the only reason they did that was to make up for the fact that weapon durability didn't exist in Fates, so I assume it'll be back and better than ever in 3H.

On the topic of Weapons, the Levin Sword will to return due to it's popularity between Robin and smash and it's appearance in both Fates and Echoes(even though it had a different name). A magic variant of each weapon is present -  the Bolt Axe and Shockstick, and a Bolt Bow of some kind.

Each of Fódlan's 10 Greats has a legendary weapon associated with them, but they are not unit locked, due to the way classes work. Canonically Riegan wielded a bow which is meant to go to Claude but on this playthrough Claude is a Paladin and can't wield it, but it can be given to anyone with say an SS rank in Bows, similarly Fraldarius has a sword and Blaiddyd has a lance. Ancient spell scrolls have been passed down with spells from the Ten Greats and can only be taught to units with an 'SS' rank in either Faith or Reason.

'SS' ranks will be present due to the focus on the weapon ranks in the game, maybe even, but will renamed.

SS ranks are renamed S+ ranks due to "+" ranks appearing in between ranks.

E - E+ - D - D+ - C - C+ - B - B+ - A - A+ - S - S+

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

On 5/22/2019 at 5:31 AM, HappyHawlucha. said:

but on this playthrough Claude is a Paladin and can't wield it

I was under the impression that Claude would be able to use a bow regardless of class. Unless, weapon rank caps are a thing

6 hours ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

Sothis is Byleth's sister 

now no more romancing a 1000 year old dragon who looks like a child

I like the idea of them being blood-related, mainly for that reason. However, given how long it takes for a manakete to grow up, I don't think sister makes the most sense. More likely, she'll be his great-great-great aunt or something like that. 

Something I just noticed, the description of Archbishop Rhea says that she has been serving since Jeralt's days as a Knight of Seiros. Even assuming they just mean serving the church, is it just me, or does she look rather young for an Archbishop that's been part of the church since the 20-something protagonist's dad was a Knight of Seiros? 

If it's not just me, do you think it's just the artstyle, or do you think there's something going on that's keeping her looking young?

Edited by vanguard333

This is just a random thought I had but what if the weapon of the "Black Beast" isn't using a crest as a weapon well okay THAT part is obvious I guess, but an artificially created means of using a crest's power. It would make the term "crest stone" make sense, it would explain why Byleth's golden chosen one blade seemingly has a stone in it with a crest that very clearly has magical properties, why not-gharnef crushes one in his hand. Maybe the creation of these "crest stones" are what's creating these monsters, maybe the big bad is testing them on people to try and create an all powerful weapon and the unsuccessful experiments are turned into "black beasts".

That's my dumb theory/prediction for now.

13 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I like the idea of them being blood-related, mainly for that reason. However, given how long it takes for a manakete to grow up, I don't think sister makes the most sense. More likely, she'll be his great-great-great aunt or something like that. 

Something I just noticed, the description of Archbishop Rhea says that she has been serving since Jeralt's days as a Knight of Seiros. Even assuming they just mean serving the church, is it just me, or does she look rather young for an Archbishop that's been part of the church since the 20-something protagonist's dad was a Knight of Seiros? 

If it's not just me, do you think it's just the artstyle, or do you think there's something going on that's keeping her looking young?

You are certainly not the only one think so. Noticed how neither Seiros or Rhea are showing their ears, and both have traditional depiction of FE Divine Dragon. (long green hair, green eye, wearing dragon shape jewelry) I have seen other before suggesting that the leadership of the church were mainly run by the dragons.

Obviously this would suggest that Edelgard has dragon blood since she's a direct decedent of Seiros. 

Also on this topic, we know there are manakete in this world, yet so far we only see Sothis. It would make sense that we will get some manakete units early-mid game to train on, yet Idon't think Sothis would reveal herself so early.

6 hours ago, TheDreamReturns said:

This is just a random thought I had but what if the weapon of the "Black Beast" isn't using a crest as a weapon well okay THAT part is obvious I guess, but an artificially created means of using a crest's power. It would make the term "crest stone" make sense, it would explain why Byleth's golden chosen one blade seemingly has a stone in it with a crest that very clearly has magical properties, why not-gharnef crushes one in his hand. Maybe the creation of these "crest stones" are what's creating these monsters, maybe the big bad is testing them on people to try and create an all powerful weapon and the unsuccessful experiments are turned into "black beasts".

That's my dumb theory/prediction for now.

I could see that, perhaps the crest stones are the result of a magic developed by other Archbishops of Seiros(the more evil ones), and when a Crest is separated from it's bearer it takes the form of a Crest stone, these crest stones turn the holder into a black beast when it's touched, so perhaps Sylvain's father's crest was removed and then the Crest Stone of Gautier is the stone form of the Gautier crest, turning either Sylvain's father or anyone who touched it in general into the beast.

6 hours ago, Timlugia said:

You are certainly not the only one think so. Noticed how neither Seiros or Rhea are showing their ears, and both have traditional depiction of FE Divine Dragon. (long green hair, green eye, wearing dragon shape jewelry) I have seen other before suggesting that the leadership of the church were mainly run by the dragons.

Obviously this would suggest that Edelgard has dragon blood since she's a direct decedent of Seiros. 

Huh; interesting. My first guess was that the woman in the 1st trailer wasn't the Seiros, but the goddess herself. But her being Seiros makes a lot of sense. 

If the church was run by manaketes though, wouldn't it take thousands of years for leadership to change? My guess would be that Seiros and Rhea have some dragon blood (likely as a gift) and their youth and longevity (as well as pointy ears hidden under their hair) are a result of that. But, of course, I could be wrong. 

4 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Huh; interesting. My first guess was that the woman in the 1st trailer wasn't the Seiros, but the goddess herself. But her being Seiros makes a lot of sense. 

If the church was run by manaketes though, wouldn't it take thousands of years for leadership to change? My guess would be that Seiros and Rhea have some dragon blood (likely as a gift) and their youth and longevity (as well as pointy ears hidden under their hair) are a result of that. But, of course, I could be wrong. 

Could be, but on the mural the woman in the lower has same dress as woman in the trailer, so I was more leaning toward she's Seiros.

Or another even wilder theory is that Seiros is the goddess herself, since no one seems to actually met the goddess, other than that she's a white dragon. (from earlier Famistu article). Serios could be her name while she's using human form. (just like how Duma and Mila denies their true identities to human)

The mural also depicts several other dragons but nothing is known about them, so we might met a few more manakete throughout the game.

I’m thinking that the crests correlate to bosses. In the second trailer, Edelgard and her battalion is battling a dragon holding a “Crest Stone of Gautier.” Gautier is located the north of Faerghus. This probably means... plenty of bosses.