Bets/predictions/prophesying thread

On 5/24/2019 at 2:26 PM, Timlugia said:

Could be, but on the mural the woman in the lower has same dress as woman in the trailer, so I was more leaning toward she's Seiros.

Or another even wilder theory is that Seiros is the goddess herself, since no one seems to actually met the goddess, other than that she's a white dragon. (from earlier Famistu article). Serios could be her name while she's using human form. (just like how Duma and Mila denies their true identities to human)

The mural also depicts several other dragons but nothing is known about them, so we might met a few more manakete throughout the game.

There was an unnamed girl seen playing through the air toward the viewer with a blade which, if you look closely, looks to be the very same one from the mural.

I had a theory that SHE was Seiros and the church was trying to rewrite history, and the plot would revolve around Sothis slowly regaining memories from the past and telling them to Byleth who would then lead whoever sided with him to expose the lies or something along those lines.

Spoiler

It's a halfassed theory and doesn't exactly make much sense, but I figure if IntSys is willing to do the "player insert insists something that they can't prove and people trust them" thing once and make bank off the game that did it then....y'know

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I had a deep nap dream about Three Houses again and got some decent food for thought out of it, a fair bit has to do with Ingrid:

There's no "physical" legendary weapons passed down from the Ten Greats, rather the "legendary" weapons are projections of the Crest into the form of a weapon the Crest bearer can wield. I specifically remember Ingrid in an ascended Falcon Knight class with a spear of golden light which was her "Crest Weapon" and had 1-3 range and Edelgard having a greataxe made of blood red light. Ingrid has a Minor Crest and is a childhood friend of Dimitri and Felix, her personal skill was really wierd, it raised her attack speed if Dimitri specifically was adjacent to her. 

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

1 minute ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

So I had a deep nap dream about Three Houses again and got some decent food for thought out of it, a fair bit has to do with Ingrid:

There's no "physical" legendary weapons passed down from the Ten Greats, rather the "legendary" weapons are projections of the Crest into the form of a weapon the Crest bearer can wield. I specifically remember Ingrid in an ascended Falcon Knight class with a spear of golden light which was her "Crest Weapon" and had 1-3 range and Edelgard having a greataxe made of blood red light. Ingrid has a Minor Crest and is a childhood friend of Dimitri and Felix, her personal skill was really wierd, it raised her attack speed if Dimitri specifically was behind her. 

Could be a weird precognative dream! I get those all the time! 

One I remember predicted the Adrift banner, which is actually kind of fitting.

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Could be a weird precognative dream! I get those all the time! 

One I remember predicted the Adrift banner, which is actually kind of fitting.

I doubt the personal skill thing is right though, my brain might be displaying all the information it knows about the game and arranging it logically subconsciously for me. The legendary weapon thing would make sense since crest bearers can project their crest's shape in light(as shown by Edelgard) so it's not too farfetched I guess.

19 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

There's no "physical" legendary weapons passed down from the Ten Greats, rather the "legendary" weapons are projections of the Crest into the form of a weapon the Crest bearer can wield. I specifically remember Ingrid in an ascended Falcon Knight class with a spear of golden light which was her "Crest Weapon" and had 1-3 range and Edelgard having a greataxe made of blood red light. Ingrid has a Minor Crest and is a childhood friend of Dimitri and Felix, her personal skill was really wierd, it raised her attack speed if Dimitri specifically was adjacent to her. 

Heh, well that would be quite something if it becomes reality. ?

Spoiler

Ingrid being childhood friends with Dimitri and Felix was mentioned by the leaker, though a coule of days later after the "main" leak. You might have gotten the idea from there. There was also supposed to be a fourth childhood friend but the leaker didn't mention who it was.

I'm wondering if in someway this game will be connected to Genealogy of the Holy War. Like, there are definitely similarities. First off, I heard they're bringing back the Major/Minor Holy Blood, which was what initially triggered this idea for me, there's some other stuff too I've been noticing. The Black Eagles' colors are red and black, Eldigan wore red and black. The Blue Lions' colors are blue and black, Sigurd wore blue and white. The Golden Deer's colors are gold and black, Quan wore gold and black. I also saw just now some mention of a Flame Emperor. There was a Flame Emperor in the Holy War, Arvis.

I don't know if all of that are just simply coincidences, but I don't think it's completely farfetched. It doesn't matter too much that the land is serving under a different name considering Awakening changed both Archanea and Valentia. If the three characters' weapon types matched up identically with the three family's holy weapons from Holy War, then I'd probably be convinced that this game is definitely connected to Holy War. But for now, I believe it's a possibility.

Edited by SSbardock84

Some story predictions:

- The Flame Emperor is Edelgard's brother; he bears a major crest of Seiros; he was experimented on by the Church to draw out his power; and was presumed dead afterward; fueling Edel's hatred for the Crests.

- Midway through the game all 3 Lord's predecessors will be dead, leading for them to succeed into power. Actually[Thani Stuff]: 

Spoiler

If Dimitri's family are all dead; the throne of Faerghus may just be occupied by a council until Dimitri graduates from the Officer's Academy or something.

- Jeralt will live and we will find out he too bears the Crest of ??? and can wield the Bone Sword but chooses not to.

- Rhea bears a major Crest of one of the Saints of Seiros.

And some Thani-fuelled predictions:

Spoiler

Depending on the house chosen; after "graduating" Byleth becomes an advisor to the main Lord of the path.

Spoiler

Edelgard is a very oppressive ruler; and the split path of her route will be based on how well you are able to contain her oppressive attitude towards ruling.

Spoiler

Rhea is completely aware of the inner workings of the Church and their experimentation on the Crests, but does not participate in them. Instead chooses to put on a smile to lead the religion she loves.

Spoiler

Dimitri's eye is lost in a duel with Catherine; who becomes a Camus archetype after the war between the nation's and the church starts to come into play.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

7 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Which units do you think will fill up the remaining "endgame" slots (number of units allowed in the final chapter)?

We already have Byleth and the Eight students from your house

Honestly I think we're basically done with playable characters, maybe they'll add some that join in the late game, but those are usually useless filler. What I think they'll do is that every path will have some students from the other houses (if not all by the end of the game). I doubt you'd have to play the game without being able to use 16 characters of the cast.

Unless there's children, in which case there's still a lot to discover, but it doesn't look like there are.

27 minutes ago, timon said:

Honestly I think we're basically done with playable characters, maybe they'll add some that join in the late game, but those are usually useless filler. What I think they'll do is that every path will have some students from the other houses (if not all by the end of the game). I doubt you'd have to play the game without being able to use 16 characters of the cast.

Unless there's children, in which case there's still a lot to discover, but it doesn't look like there are.

This is a console FE game; the last console FE game had 73 playable characters. While I know for a fact that Three Houses won't have a cast that big; limiting the number of playable characters to just the students + a few "filler" characters doesn't seem like something they'd do, as much as they're trying to switch up the formula with this one I highly doubt they'll dramatically reduce the number of playable units this far.

11 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

This is a console FE game; the last console FE game had 73 playable characters. While I know for a fact that Three Houses won't have a cast that big; limiting the number of playable characters to just the students + a few "filler" characters doesn't seem like something they'd do, as much as they're trying to switch up the formula with this one I highly doubt they'll dramatically reduce the number of playable units this far.

I would use the 3DS games as a point of comparison. How much work goes into making a playable unit has increased dramatically starting in 3DS era. Lots more generic dialogue for base activities, level up quotes. And as far as we know every line of dialogue is voiced just like Echoes so every sentence you write is literally adding dollars onto the budget. I could see smaller rosters being standard in new Fire Emblem games. I'd be content with 30-40, personally, even if that's less than how many pallete swapped portraits existed in the very first game.

If the route split is very drastic with each route having maybe 5~6 route only characters (not counting students obviously) and presuming Sothis and the 6 (maybe 4 or 5 if Setes and Catherine aren't playable) teachers are playable, I can see maybe 24~27 (these numbers mainly because I found out most FE casts after you recruit everyone is dividable by 3 lol) characetrs per route (again implying they are drastic and you can't recruit other houses' units).

TBH, with the amount of customisation available for the students + Byleth, I would be quite content with a smaller playable cast.

I'm good with a small cast. It gives a chance for everyone to shine. I don't like having a whole bunch of characters that just sit on the benches never seeing any actions. I guess you could argue that adds replay value but it still feels awkward to me. I want full class participation in battles. 

Features to be revealed in the next E3 in order of priority:

• The old Fire Emblem mechanics
  • A repeat/elaboration of what the Famitsu has revealed.
  • A few new characters
  • Byleth customization (strength and weaknesses, not aesthetic)
  • A brief class roll, including returning, and new classes (including advance classes)
  • A brief cut (easy to miss) of a beast character