Positivity Thread

Yeah can't wait till they get to the slice-of-life aspects of the game! I love the art, gameplay and the replayability is already looking fantastic but I want to see the more important side: the characters and interacting with them. Especially if Byleth is indeed a silent protagonist(ie Persona style) which so far is looking more and more true. That makes me wonder if they'll get specialized supports to make it more Persona-like so much I want to know!

Haven't really seen negativity aside from the art, personally, unless we're counting apprehension as negative now.

Anyway, I like the 3 lords and the fact that none have a sword. I like that we finally have another axe lord and it's a woman, as well as our first POC lord. Dimitri has also grown on me.

I like that so far we haven't seen any outright fanservice. Sothis is pushing it but at least the students are fully dressed and seem to be relatively normal people. 

I like the sound of the reclass system but I'm curious to learn more.

Also excited for the explorable castle/hub.

I think all weapons being available to a character is a good thing since the newer games have re classing. In fates there was a lot of exclusive and named  weapons  that I thought should have always been available to their character.

Also the military academy setting and possibly more fleshed out world building seem fresh compared to the games I've played

I'm really liking the customisation aspects. Because of it, it will really add to the replayability that already seemed rather large.

Both Byleth's (yes including femByleth) have my favourite avatar designs by far. Even if they don't necessarily match them being mercenaries or them being commoners, I still quite like them and how gothic they are.

So far, I like the mixed bunch of characters we have with each house. I actually want to try each house's characters.

In general, I like the shift in typical FE we seem to be taking. Obvi classic FE is great, but sometimes a little change can't hurt and this face lift FE is getting is one I'm liking (though me being a fan of Gaiden/SoV, which feels like a spin off of FE probably explains me liking FE doing more RPG things).

Overall, right now, I'm the most excited I have been for an FE game yet and hopefully the trailer we get at FE Expo (or a least I'm assuming we'll get one, it just makes sense) on the 4th, hypes me up more.

I think the class system (or at least what we've seen of it) seem interesting. I know a lot of my friends who played Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates really enjoyed the ability to create super units using a mix of skills from different classes. It also looks like this system helps players who aren't sure how to train each character which is a nice touch for people who are intimidated by that aspect of the game.

The ability to choose which house you decide to teach it is also a pretty good idea since it makes replaying the game more interesting.

I absolutely ADORE the models! They seem to be placing a heavier emphasis on them rather than the art/portraits, which is rather new for the series. Their faces are extremely expressive, and their movements natural. The clip of Byleth protecting Edelgard seems so smooth, and the animations after Dimitri and Claude arrive look so realistic and alive! Their eyes appear far more lively than their artwork as well, thank the lord. All the students have such diverse models, despite the (beautiful) uniform which is most likely only an early game thing. They seem to have unique bodies/heights, to add to that! I loved Fates, but I was definitely disappointed when some of the seemingly tallest women ended up...tiny. I had many, many concerns about the hairstyles while viewing the sprites but the models definitely made the most of it. The monastery looks stunning as well, if the special edition box art and screenshots we have seen did it justice.

I really like the idea of choosing which House you will be teaching (and this time, without having to buy a different version for each House). I think that can lead to a lot of replayability. Being able to change your class whenever you want is really convenient (and one of the things I really liked about, say, Bravely Default). And as the one person who actually enjoyed the dungeon crawling in Echoes, I like that we'll be able to freely run around and explore the academy.

Besides wanting 60fps and wanting the story be better than fate's at least, I think the game looks genuinely LEGENDARY!! Just thinking about how this is the first FE console game in over a DECADE of waiting, and it's coming in three months....HYYYPPPEEE!!!

On 4/25/2019 at 8:30 PM, Jedi said:

Vocal minority is out with pitchforks for this one for some reason. Being an old veteran FE player yet liking the new makes me feel like some weird oddity sometimes.

I started with Blazing Sword & gave up after Binding Blade. I only got interested again after Awakening which was 5 years ago.

I didn't know people were hating on this game but I'm not surprise considering that's the norm for any community these days.

Anyways, I like the academia setting. It's gives a Persona vibe.

The artstyle (especially the boxart) is admittedly gonna take some getting used to, but I LOVE the colors!! I’m also pumped that we get a black main character!! Hopefully Claude and the Blue Lions guy aren’t the only ones with darker skin!!

I’m hoping Byleth is customizable, but at the same time, I really love their default design! Especially M!Byleth’s outfit and hair, and F!Byleth’s face. The teal hair is oddly refreshing lol

I don’t think I saw anyone mentioning the music. The two songs we have sound awesome! I cannot wait to hear more! I wonder what this game’s “Open for business!” theme will sound like (assuming it’s returning)