What Would Happen If

Guest Allison

Guest Allison

Was contemplating creating a character who has an ancestry of Dragon Laguz in their bloodline that managed to make their way into Fire Emblem Awakening's Realm such as Priam had. My question in this regard is... What would happen if a Laguz's descendant was descended purely from Laguz and Taguel ancestors? Would they still become a Branded or would they evolve to be more like the Taguel of today? Would something else happen entirely?

We know the following in regards to Laguz interbreeding.

Beorc+Beorc= Beorc

Laguz+Laguz= Laguz

Laguz+Beorc= Branded

Taguel+Beorc= Taguel 

But what would Laguz+Taguel equal? Can't wait for some responses here as I'm genuinely curious :3

Laguz+Taguel= ???

That's pretty interesting. My guess is on Taguel being like Laguz but with a stronger bloodline (if that makes sense). Since interbreeding between different Laguz species, iirc, produces a 50/50 chance of either race, I think there's a pretty good chance a laguz/taguel pair would produce a taguel as well. Either that or a 50/50 chance for laguz or taguel?

That said, there is no good or bad answer since the writers probably never thought about this. You can do whatever you wish~

It is hinted in the Awakening artbook that the taguel may have been descended from the Laguz, and Panne mentions in a support with Ricken that there were taguel that could shapeshift into other animals. That doesn't really say much about what would happen if a Laguz and Taguel happened to breed, though.

Also, Yarne does consider himself half-human because of his parentage, even if the game never really elaborates on what differences his human side brings. Same with Morgan, although understandably that's more because it would be a pain in the butt to rewrite certain supports just to account for Morgan being either part taguel or part manakete.

You have some free reign here on what the result of interbreeding would be.

• 3 weeks later...