Legendary Hero Battle: Alm, Saint-King

LordFrigid

@mampfoid

Haven't been able to get a good blooper and runs lately but this one's kinda amusing so there we go
@SatsumaFSoysoy

Spoiler

Speed Seal is OP

If you wonder why i ddin't use Brave Roy for once, its because i am trying to summon Brave Roy in the current Legendary Hero Fest Banner

how many i got so far?

If you guess 0 your right!

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mcsilas @Landmaster @mampfoid

Hey! I'm not all that late for once.

Wow Alm, I don't think you're all that deserving of being called best Player Phase archer if you can't take down a squishy 18 def mage. Never mind that he's debuffed to hell and back or that his Abyssal version has 75 freaking spd.

Alm was actually pretty terrifying while trying to set this up. At first I figured I'd ignore him till the end but Alm does not stay still for long so I figured it'd be better to just deal with him as quickly as possible in the first turn. I figured maybe Sonya could OHKO him but I just couldn't stack her high enough to actually achieve that and she died to his double attack. Of course the next logical step was to outspeed the speed demon and so I brought Hardin to Panic and Soren to be a buffbot and debuff spd.

Everything after Alm was pretty much smooth sailing. Well, I did need to give Arden WoM, QP, and Ignis to kill the bow cav plus Draw Back to reposition Sonya at the end but nothing too troubling.

Also, sorry for that brain fart like 3/4 into the video. Left me with some awkward track decision choices at the end although in retrospect I should have probably changed the track starting at the brain fart moment *sigh*

----------------------------

@Landmaster

Thrills, Chills, Kills! That clear had it all. Going without any sort of self-sustain (outside of Myrrh) is always such a scary thing and rightfully so seeing how everyone was barely hanging on at the end. Keaton using an AoE to get that chip damage in was great thinking. And seeing Myrrh with that beaming smite action is just comical.

Good Job.

@mampfoid

Wow I'm surprised Pass even worked. Assuming that Pass's threshold rounds up that means you weren't above it but rather right on the cusp of it. Great use of Pass either way (any use is good use tbf) and nice clear.

Also, now I'm left wondering if Alm's and Celica's Double Lion would work against L!Alm or if it'll be nullified by his B skill.

On 1.5.2019 at 1:37 AM, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Very clean! Cherche dealing exactly 80 damage was the highlight this time, but abusing the red cav Escutcheon to proc Galeforce with Elincia was a very good strategy! Impressive as always!

Thanks! It was fun, I'm happy everything worked out without expensive SI and support grinding this time. 

On 1.5.2019 at 1:37 AM, Alexmender said:

I'll leave two little question for fun. During a certain turn I move a unit in a way that seems kinda off, but it can be considered the most important movement in to clear this map. Who was the unit that had that movement and why?

Only seeing Eirika tank and kill the archer king effortlessly was worth this clear, great! Also taking zero damage from an Abyssal Blarblade mage (and many others) was impressive. Congrats! 

As for the odd movement: Dancing Kaden was necessary to give him buffs to all stats thus giving all fluffy-drives to Eirika. Right? 

Are you siding with Ylgr in the current VGs btw? 

On 1.5.2019 at 2:13 AM, DLNarshen said:

Do you plan on going for any more Roy merges on the CYL banner?

Yeah, I'm using all my orbs currently on that banner. He didn't have any banners since a long time and 5% is a great chance to pass on. I was lucky so far and got 4 Roys (besides 1 Lethe (new), 2 Lukes (ugh), 1 Siegbert and 1 Saber (new)), missing only 1 copy for the +10. 

22 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Haven't been able to get a good blooper and runs lately but this one's kinda amusing so there we go

No bloopers? booo! 

Fun clear, Eliwood is clearly waiting for his son to mount his horse again. Hardin wins the best fridge award again.

Congrats! 

22 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:
Spoiler

If you guess 0 your right!

Ouch, sorry I stole your luck about that. Hope you'll get some copies still. 

18 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Wow I'm surprised Pass even worked. Assuming that Pass's threshold rounds up that means you weren't above it but rather right on the cusp of it. Great use of Pass either way (any use is good use tbf) and nice clear.

Thanks! 

Also, now I'm left wondering if Alm's and Celica's Double Lion would work against L!Alm or if it'll be nullified by his B skill.

Didn't check it, but I would assume double lion still works, since the skill doesn't give Alm & Celica a follow-up attack. 

Hey! I'm not all that late for once.

Wow, I didn't think that was possible! Also didn't know panics worked on top of debuffs, really great setup and an unlikely team. That was fun to watch, congrats! 

On 4/27/2019 at 1:34 PM, Nanima said:

Music: 1. Lost Elf theme 2. Dark Solas theme - both from Dragon Age Inquisition: Tresspasser

I was at first a bit intimidated by this map, since it took a little tinkering to clear Inferal, but once I got the right starting position everything fell into place quite quickly. I felt a bit bad about having Leanne take a hit during this, usually she is left unharmed after all. But thanks to her high resistance it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Alm really was a stubborn boy. I thought about making Naesala double him, which is trivial compared to Ryouma, but I decided this way was more cathartic for me. Thankfully I also managed to give Reyson his mandated kill. 

So, after this one, I still have to do Marth and Hector, so be on the lookout for those clears. Hope you enjoyed!

For some reason Tibarn taking out the blue mage was really surprising to me. Dude is just buff AF. Good job on the clear!

On 4/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, Sasori said:

Eeeeeeeeh whoa. Doubling Abyssal Alm is no mean feat

Yeah it's not, but it goes to show how with proper planning you can make just about anything happen. Hinoka didn't even have the boost from her PRF to help.

On 4/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, Sasori said:

No abyssal for me and I don't see it coming for a good while either seeing how Alm is such a monster. Even Robin is not having a fun time with him on Infernal. He does however have fun against the rest of the map with all those reds and colourless. Lilina is a nice super nuke and Seliph is his reliably tanky self.

Good job on Infernal! You'll figure out Abyssal some day, I'm sure.

On 5/2/2019 at 4:25 AM, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I'm using all my orbs currently on that banner. He didn't have any banners since a long time and 5% is a great chance to pass on. I was lucky so far and got 4 Roys (besides 1 Lethe (new), 2 Lukes (ugh), 1 Siegbert and 1 Saber (new)), missing only 1 copy for the +10.

Nice.  Good luck getting that last copy!  I've pulled Saber off-banner too, and find him pretty amusing to use with his refine. 

16 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Nice.  Good luck getting that last copy!  I've pulled Saber off-banner too, and find him pretty amusing to use with his refine. 

Thanks! I'm not sure if I will give him his refine, but I definitely like him over Luke. 

@mampfoid More Roy and Hector shenanigans! Nice use of Pass as well, and I enjoy the exact HP kill from Cherche!

@NegativeExponents- WOW! Sonya just deleted Alm straight away and barely survived! Really great solution to the Alm problem, I love how you used units like her, Leon and even Arden who I barely see these days. Warping Arden is a smart move and I always theorised about Leon with the Devilish Bow, so it's good to see it in action. Very enjoyable clear!

@Landmaster Loli armor dragons unite! Congratulations on your new addition. Interesting use of the AoE Wind and warping Tiki looks so fun to use!

@Alexmender Ah I see you had similar ideas for the music track heh. I suppose overlaps were inevitable. Deleting the pesky enemies first turn was a smart and gutsy move but Eirika did her job, those high damage numbers look staggering and she seems at home on an Abyssal map.. Was the move Kaden getting Prayer Wheel buffs and staying still? Or Eirika being defensive to heal with Aether near the end?

@Nanima Flying beasts on an archer map? No problem for you, and the 3 movement really helps. It's a good thing the beasts are all melee as well so they're not forced to take a hit from Alm. Double Heron dancer support is too amazing. Leanne did her best resisting the hit, too bad I couldn't get her from the banner but I can always appreciate her support abilities in your clears. Alm's Null-Followup looked a bit annoying though, stopping Tibarn's destruction for a bit but again, nothing the Herons couldn't fix.

@Ginko @Azuris@daisy jane 

Okay, this took some time but I'm really proud of this theme clear, it's not every day I can make a full game theme clear for a LHB. It's SOV time!

Team is +Res/-HP Saber, +Res/-Def Celica, +Spd/-HP Kliff and +Def/-Res Genny

Music is Lord of a Dead Empire from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

-Saber is AMAZING with his refine. First of all, while you can't see it in this clear, in my earlier attempts he can actually tank L!Alm's attack when at full health (though -HP is a superbane)! Aegis +Shield Pulse + Golden dagger stat boosts really add up (granted Alm didn't have Atk Wave up), but sadly I couldn't finish that clear since his HP was low enough that the TA red mage could kill him with 3 damage. I tried merging him to fix the problem but then the enemy AI moved differently.

Still, his Swap DC shenanigans made him the VIP in the clear (although this time the mages using Draw Back made Alm move to the left instead of the right where Saber could tank him once).

- Speaking of amazing refines, Celica's is up there as well. Threaten Res also helped delete the lance armour at the start, while I had to keep to Fury 2 to not lose health too fast. She could have finished Alm but her nuking abilities were needed in the right side so Saber isn't swarmed.

- Kliff also makes his LHB debut, bringing support with Chill Spd while Genny has the Chill Atk skill to keep those stats in control. Kliff's bulk with Fort Def/Res is impressive, facetanking the annoying axe flier for a bit while the rest of the team deal with the right side.

- Genny was the hardest to keep alive, due to being -Res, having low Spd and a TA raven mage on the enemy side but keeping her alive to heal Saber and soften up Alm was key.

On 3.5.2019 at 2:32 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

For some reason Tibarn taking out the blue mage was really surprising to me. Dude is just buff AF. Good job on the clear!

Thanks! He really is insanely powerful.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Flying beasts on an archer map? No problem for you, and the 3 movement really helps. It's a good thing the beasts are all melee as well so they're not forced to take a hit from Alm. Double Heron dancer support is too amazing. Leanne did her best resisting the hit, too bad I couldn't get her from the banner but I can always appreciate her support abilities in your clears. Alm's Null-Followup looked a bit annoying though, stopping Tibarn's destruction for a bit but again, nothing the Herons couldn't fix.

Thank you, and I do hope you get Leanne someday. Alm was a bit annoying, but due to being ranged he wasn't nearly as obnoxious as some of the other Legendarys.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Okay, this took some time but I'm really proud of this theme clear, it's not every day I can make a full game theme clear for a LHB. It's SOV time!

Everyone against Alm!! You are right, Saber really was amazing. Even though we couldn't see him tank Alm, he was the true mvp of this clear. Makes me consider raising the one who I got on tickets some time ago. Celica is obvious broken. It was funny how you teased us with her beating Alm, of course she was fully capable of that. Genny helped chip down enemies and kept Saber healthy throught the onslaught. Kliff also got some really good kills. Great job on the clear! You have every reason to be proud.

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Oh, I like the theme, Sov is one of the few games I played. Now that I got a second Saber, I should refine him as well. 

You make me want a Kliff btw, is it appropriate he finishes his town pal? 

Congrats! 

@mcsilas The theme was just too perfect for this battle so there was no way we could not use it. Now for the clear, that was awesome! Saber has certainly come a long way since he got the Golden Dagger I regret foddering mine to Karla a liiiiitle bit, that level of ranged tankiness is simply absurd, not to mention he's strong enough to take all those threats down without the need of an offensive special, really nice. Celica is a deadly nuke, it would've been nice to see her take down Alm but that cleric was too much of an annoyance so she had to let Kliff take the honors. And speaking about Kliff, it really surprised me to see him tanking that axe flier, I know Sagittae helps with his bulk but I never expected it to be that much! Genny was pretty good at support and dealing some good chip damage. 

@mampfoid @Landmaster

Now for the moment you all were waiting for or not

It kinda surprised me that everyone thought about dancing Kaden only to leave him there afterwards, that movement was the natural outcome due to the answer. Kaden had to get danced by L!Azura to recieve the full buff set because Ylgr was out of his range even if during the previous turn there was a safe space to let her buff everyone and that's where the answer lies. 

Moving Ylgr next to the breakable wall instead of the tile below can be considered odd when I always try to have Eirika and Kaden at full buffs when possible but this time I put her farther away. That was because the healer has a kinda strange mov pattern, if Ylgr is on the bottom left tile she'll go on the right side, while having Ylgr just under the rubble will make her go left. It looks like a small thing but having that healer alive for too long ends up putting my team on a spot where someone other than Eirika has to take a hit, which is the same as a game over for me.

@Alexmender Yeah AI can be weird, moreso when there are breakable walls involved. For example, I had to put Genny in an exact spot so the brave sword + blue mage wouldn't go too right too fast, or as I mentioned, Kliff using Draw Back on Celica made Alm go left instead so we don't get the Alm vs Saber showdown.

@Nanima Saber has one of my favourite refines, I'm so glad they made him more than being one of the worst red pitybreakers back in the day, I quite like his defensive playstyle. That said, looks like you'll get to see that legendary Saber battle, if you go down this post!

@mampfoid Have you finished SoV yet? Definitely give Saber his refine, it's one of the best refines in my opinion. Maybe Kliff was jealous of Alm's great exploits haha. But yeah Sagittae is amazing, and Brazens are perfect for him, since you won't have to worry about his Atk stat being too high for the Sagittae comparison since it ignores in-combat Atk boosts. Also kind of funny how the arrow animation for his tome is used against the enemy fliers despite not being an archer (like Alm). Fun fact, Kliff was an Archer in my playthrough so that made me chuckle.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Azuris @NegativeExponents- @Zeo @Landmaster @daisy jane @Ginko

Sorry for spamming the notifications, but I have an improved video of the Echoes clear, this time with an alternate version of the impressive Alm vs Saber showdown that you didn't get to see!

Team is +Res Saber +1, +Res/-Def Celica, +Def/-Res Genny and +Spd/-HP Kliff

Music is Twilight of the Gods from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

So I was really determined to recreate the Saber vs Alm fight, and after the last version of this video, Saber was worthy of finally being merged to fix his HP superbane. This gave him +5 more HP and +1 Spd, and I wanted to see if that was enough to recreate his Alm fight- while it's not turn by turn the same thing, this new version was more impressive!

-The key thing was switching Saber's SS to the newly upgraded Spd/Res Bond. Saber always needed a speed boost against the Green Archer, but the Res boost was the difference this time around, since it would make the healer target Celica instead of Saber later.

-Speaking of, Celica had to be downgraded to Fury 1 so the healer would be more inclined to attack her. This was actually an accident but, this steered the clear into a new direction- clear the map with the power of chokepoints! Because the healer blocked the chokepoint, the red sword cav went left to attack Kliff, and thanks to the Brazen Atk/Def skill + Fortress Def/Res, Kliff would just keep the sword cav busy for the rest of the map!

-Once again, Genny helps soften Alm for the final blow. Could've used Celica to finish Alm off again but once again she was denied (that seemed a bit too cruel) and Saber deserved the final blow. Also, thanks to the Chill Atk/Spd combo from Kliff/Genny and Saber's Spd/Res Bond, Saber could actually double Alm! 

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

That said, looks like you'll get to see that legendary Saber battle, if you go down this post!

Yes, so awesome! Saber really did prove himself extremely resilient here. Alm probably couldn't believe it himself. Also loved the Sword cav dinking against Kliff for a couple turns. It was quite comedic. I am really glad we got to see this. Congrats!

On 4/27/2019 at 3:50 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

[Image of Celica not getting Brazens active after one round of combat]

Useless!

Seriously though, a mage with mediocre defenses taking 0s from a bow is pretty funny, color advantage or no.

On 4/29/2019 at 3:07 AM, mampfoid said:

I also tried the Lunge thing first, but I had trouble to reach the archer. Caeda quatting Alm is some crazy stuff, congrats! 

Funnily enough, I tried Pass first, (initiating with Roy), and had the exact same issue =P . They should just make Summoner Support give +1 mov, that'll be balanced.

Nice work on your clear, Cherche absolutely crushed Alm there!

On 4/28/2019 at 12:16 PM, Landmaster said:

Now for the replies, sorry they're late but I wanted to do everything at once~

Just don't be like me and it'll all be ok.

Awesome job on your clear, warp shenanigans at their finest! Some really close calls on the HP bars too. I especially liked the Growing Wind to force the Lance Fighter into Desperation range so he wouldn't activate his Special on Fae.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:53 AM, mcsilas said:

Team is +Res/-HP Saber, +Res/-Def Celica, +Spd/-HP Kliff and +Def/-Res Genny

Music is Lord of a Dead Empire from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

-Saber is AMAZING with his refine. First of all, while you can't see it in this clear, in my earlier attempts he can actually tank L!Alm's attack when at full health (though -HP is a superbane)! Aegis +Shield Pulse + Golden dagger stat boosts really add up (granted Alm didn't have Atk Wave up), but sadly I couldn't finish that clear since his HP was low enough that the TA red mage could kill him with 3 damage. I tried merging him to fix the problem but then the enemy AI moved differently.

Still, his Swap DC shenanigans made him the VIP in the clear (although this time the mages using Draw Back made Alm move to the left instead of the right where Saber could tank him once).

- Speaking of amazing refines, Celica's is up there as well. Threaten Res also helped delete the lance armour at the start, while I had to keep to Fury 2 to not lose health too fast. She could have finished Alm but her nuking abilities were needed in the right side so Saber isn't swarmed.

- Kliff also makes his LHB debut, bringing support with Chill Spd while Genny has the Chill Atk skill to keep those stats in control. Kliff's bulk with Fort Def/Res is impressive, facetanking the annoying axe flier for a bit while the rest of the team deal with the right side.

- Genny was the hardest to keep alive, due to being -Res, having low Spd and a TA raven mage on the enemy side but keeping her alive to heal Saber and soften up Alm was key.

Celica’s Army and Kliff VS Alm. Kliff facetanking the Green Axe Flyer was really awesome. Saber makes really great use of his refine effect. Celica dishes out huge damage as expected when she gets in that Brazen range~ Nice to see Genny get the final kill

Kliff’s chokepoint with the Red Cav in the second clear was impressive, he took care of that side on his own for the most part. Loved the Saber and Alm showdown, awesome! I love the mages doing 4 damage to him each time, too~ Celica can never bring herself to attack Alm, haha.

On 5/4/2019 at 7:57 PM, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid @Landmaster

Now for the moment you all were waiting for or not

It kinda surprised me that everyone thought about dancing Kaden only to leave him there afterwards, that movement was the natural outcome due to the answer. Kaden had to get danced by L!Azura to recieve the full buff set because Ylgr was out of his range even if during the previous turn there was a safe space to let her buff everyone and that's where the answer lies. 

Moving Ylgr next to the breakable wall instead of the tile below can be considered odd when I always try to have Eirika and Kaden at full buffs when possible but this time I put her farther away. That was because the healer has a kinda strange mov pattern, if Ylgr is on the bottom left tile she'll go on the right side, while having Ylgr just under the rubble will make her go left. It looks like a small thing but having that healer alive for too long ends up putting my team on a spot where someone other than Eirika has to take a hit, which is the same as a game over for me.

Ah, I see. I assumed Ylgr being there didn't make much of a difference because she would still be able to give Eirika a Tactics buff. Interesting that you found a way around that to get it to work, nice!

Alright, I managed to blow back Infernal.

Did so with B!Lyn (Recent merge star of the show: +1 +Atk, Drag Back, Desperation 3, Hone Cav, +1 Atk Seal), BKhrom (And who says Fury's useless? +1, 5DF, +Atk, Reposition, Ward Cav, +1 Atk Seal), Reinhardt (I know, two meta cavs. None are +10 though :  +Atk/-Spd, Swap Moonbow, DeB 3, Lancebreaker 3) and Gronnwen (-Atk? More like you're splat: +Spd/-Atk, Drag Back, Hone Cav)

I start with Lyn taking out the brave sword cav after Olwen breaks the wall, where she then sits to take out the blue mage. After that, she ends the flier and I proceed to move into place after Rein 1-rounds the cav, with them sitting next to each other and Chrom and Olwen sit beside them. The next turn's where things get interesting: Rein 1-rounds the green archer, Chrom repositions him and the Cleric's removed as well here. Chrom barely survives the red cav mage and the final reinforcements show up. This turn sees Chrom take out the mage and sit waiting for the axe cav (who doesn't kill Chrom and dies in return) and the bow cav is also removed. The rest of the map is cleanup honestly, no real threat and Alm gets 1-rounded by Lyn because Lyn's the best.

On 5.5.2019 at 1:57 AM, Alexmender said:

I didn't even notice this, I thought it was necessary to reach a certain position. Yeah, AI manipulation often looks strange and it's a lot of trial and error (that's partly why I one-turn).

On 5.5.2019 at 10:58 AM, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Have you finished SoV yet? Definitely give Saber his refine, it's one of the best refines in my opinion. 

Not yet. It seems SoV will meet the same fate as Awakening and FE7: In the end the story didn't fascinate me enough to play the big (and loong) maps. After a long break it's hard to re-enter again. I planned to play in my Easter vacancies, but I started to read a book instead. 

Sabers refine is good, true. But it doesn't make him better than my other red DC units. Perhaps if a TT needs a red unit and he would fit the team, I'd give him the dew. 

On 5.5.2019 at 10:58 AM, mcsilas said:

Sorry for spamming the notifications, but I have an improved video of the Echoes clear, this time with an alternate version of the impressive Alm vs Saber showdown that you didn't get to see!

Kliff attacking for 0 is a funny start for him again, but then he sets up the choke-block and the strategy becomes clear. Saber surviving the onslaught of Alm & co was impressive, you are right: his refine is good! 

On 5.5.2019 at 11:06 PM, LordFrigid said:

Nice work on your clear, Cherche absolutely crushed Alm there!

Thanks! 

On 5.5.2019 at 11:06 PM, LordFrigid said:

They should just make Summoner Support give +1 mov, that'll be balanced.

Lol, I would have to grind support all the time. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like forgetting to login a few weeks ago made me forget to share my recent Infernal LHB Summer Takumi solo. Thankfully, it seems like the last post made here was still within a month, so hey, might as well show how Summer Takumi managed to solo his way through Legendary Alm on Infernal!

It took a few tries, mainly coming down to figuring out how to have PA!Azura bait the Lance Knight in the beginning without falling for the Knock Back skill and keeping everyone out of harm's way from the Red Mage Cavalier near the end of the battle until Summer Takumi could safely kill it. Nothing too frustrating compared to some of the recent LHBs and MHBs.

• 2 months later...

I think I'm going to revisit this map at a later date. I could do the infernal clears but I'm kind of burnt out after all the Sothis clears. I figured I'd just do an Abyssal clear but I think Matt has actually met his match in this map.

Never in the entire game have I experienced a map design so perfectly tailored to counter exactly what Matt is designed to do. First you have Alm himself who can reach a staggering 60+ SPD on initiation and punch through Matt's defenses as well as double him very easily. Then you have surrounding him: A Blarblade Mage with dull ranged to completely negate both Matt's buffs and those from Bonus Doubler, A cav with Guard to prevent you from safely charging more powerful specials, a Dazzling Staff healer with PANIC+ AS HER STAFF OF ALL STAFFS and a Triangle Adept Raven tome mage because why freaking not... Then there's the extremely inconvenient reinforcements that come the turn after which just turn the whole map into a cluster. It's a literal F U to Matt.

You know me, I'm never one to complain about a map's difficulty and I'm mostly not. If I had Dull Ranged fodder there might be a strat I could use to clear the map (I merged all my M!Morgans as you already know.). If I had Null C-Disrupt Fodder there might be a strat I could use to clear the map as well, there were a couple of different routes I could see in my head to beat it, but I didn't have any of the fodder I needed. 

I'm sure I could beat it with other units (it's a pretty hard counter to Blade tome mages, supertanks etc but still) but I'm so exhausted from the Sothis clears as well as trying to beat this one and I'm back at work tomorrow. It'll be more stressful/annoying then fun and I'm not doing that anymore. So I'm pretty much done I think. Might squeeze out a Special or Abyssal clear for maybe Marth or Lyn or something but Alm's LHB will have to be put off.

It's not that Matt can't beat it, he just doesn't have what he needs right now. So unfortunately, I chalk this one up as a loss. 

...For now.

Edited by Zeo

Yeah so, forget my post above. After making that post I tried a while after and figured the map out so... yeah. Just was frustrated. Everything I said was true, it was just still doable. Time for a few late responses if you guys care.

@LordFrigid I know how hard this map is now, so even it you made it look easy, this was still really impressive. Azura was an odd choice for your brave lance user also.

@Nanima I don't care how powerful they are or if they have 3 MOV. Being able to clear this map with all melee units (without it being a 1-turn clear) is insane. They danced around the map and Alm himself beautifully. Especially considering one hit from him would have spelled doom for any of them. It makes me even more excited that I could do this now after pulling Tibarn (though he's not +ATK like yours) but I think I'll leave clears like this to you, they're quite a sight to behold, and only more impressive the harder the map is.

@kirauza343 I wasn't able to do a blade tome clear with my +10 Nino, so you doing it with Camilla was pretty cool. Still she couldn't have done it on her own. Galeforce Elincia warping around the map was the highlight for me. Especially since she softened Alm up just enough for Camilla to get the kill. When I'm against maps with powerful archers I don't even consider using flying units unless it's a dancer.

@Hilda Never ceases to amaze me to see how you clear the hardest content with the mergeless Askr trio. Still they had to kite around Alm and it took almost the entire team to bring him down in a single turn. He's probably the single most dangerous single enemy in a LHB ever. His killing power is unmatched.

@Landmaster I wasn't expecting a clear like that at all. I had very specific expectations when I saw your team lineup but what I got was a clear that would make even Morgan tip his hat off to your strategy. I was expecting a steamroll when I saw OP Dragons + Vantage Kaden but Alm's army took a serious chunk out of your team right off the bat without him even lifting a finger. It had me nervous when your L!Tiki got knocked down to 1HP, only for it to happen to two other units as well. What followed was a crazy montage of warping. The surprise kill on Alm was great but the warp smiting from Tiki to get Myrrh into position was just epic. I've never seen anything like that, actually. Which is something I haven't been able to say in a long time.

@mampfoid Pass being useful in any form is impressive, but the fact that it was a key to this clear is really something else. 100% kill on Alm was incredibly satisfying. DEF Smoke is a rarely seen skill in my experience but it really worked it's magic here.

@Alexmender I've been looking forward to this. I really wanted to see this clear, on a Matt that was genuinely hard for my Matt at his very best to clear. I wanted to see the difference in his power and your Eirika's. And what a difference it is. Eirika didn't take a second look at Alm. She just tanked and destroyed him and that blue mage effortlessly. Then she proceeds to tank the entire map alone. Mind you she had support and she sweated a little at the end there, but she did it and she did it in a way that was less intricate and far more direct than anyone else in this topic was able to accomplish, including myself. Favorite of the clears I have to say, she's a beast. I could have ran Dull Ranged (Merged all my M!Morgans though, so not actually) and if I had Kaden maybe Matt could have done something similar, but there's no guarantee of it, not to mention Eirika doesn't have his weakness of TA Raven's. But I don't mind being #2. Your Eirika I can safely say is the single most powerful thing I've ever seen in FEH.

@mcsilas @NegativeExponents- @DLNarshen @Dayni @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse @daisy jane @Xenomata @Ginko @Flying Shogi @Usana @Baldrick @Cute Chao

Yeah so, I wasn't around when this guy first came so this map was entirely new to me and like I said in my previous post (a mod can delete that so I'm not double posting) I've never faced a challenge quite like this one. I was unable to beat Hrid Abyssal and didn't try Lucina Abyssal but those were different times. Since then my Matt has achieved a new level of power and I never thought I'd face a challenge quite like this one. Alm's map is on a completely different level from the other ones for my teams in particular. It's as if the design of the map itself is a big middle finger to Matt and how he operates. A unit that's all but impossible to double and can chop through huge defenses like butter, a Panic+ mage of all things with Dazzling Staff to completely negate buffs and a red TA Raven mage just because screw you.

Alm himself requires too much setup to kill and with those high level threats near him I was unable to set up a kill or even dance around Alm like most of the other people here did in their clears. The only way to win was for Alm to die right away, which meant Matt needed to face him immediately and not die. Since I didn't have Dull Ranged available, some serious speed stacking and debuffing and a B skill I haven't used since... I think Lyon's GHB (That's GHB #2, think about that) was needed to make this a reality. It produced a result that at the beginning I didn't even think was possible, after that... everything pretty much went as you'd expect it to. Unlike Alex's Erika though, Matt's team actually had to chip in and help. Not that he minds it, as long as he can concentrate on the fight in front of him. I'm really proud of this one.

L!Eliwood and L!Azura bring out the best in Matt, but Ninian comes along from the ride for some rare warp dancing and a crucial kill. Check it out, it may be late, but it's worth the watch. Hardest LHB I've ever dealt with on the new level of power.

As a bonus, Serra returns for another LHB! There's less to say here. It's an infernal clear and she and Fae clean house. It was a bit difficult at first but after I stopped trying to avoid WTD and just let Fae tank the reds everything fell into place. Like Matt, Serra needed enough speed to survive Alm, then once again, it was gravy. Enjoy the vampire antics.

I did last minute recording over the weekend before I had to go back to work. So I have a few more clears that need to go up and they probably will in a day or so, so look forward to that.

Cheers~

@Zeo Congrats on finally figuring out Abyssal! Yeah Alm is insanely tough to one shot, NFU is kind of annoying when I rely on automatic doubles. Love how you used Ninian offensively as well. A shame your usual team couldn't do it, this map had some really nasty counters to your team, especially the Panic staff and the Raven mage(I remember I was trying to channel your +Def Genny when I tried this map but kept failing because he Res bane actually started to bite here)

Serra's team is really shaping up, Absorb shenanigans are fun to see. Plus, Fae and Serra are quite cute together. Eliwood and Azura make for a legendary support combo!

Hey, didn't realize I missed some clears! Sorry to tag you guys again.

@NegativeExponents- Really impressive how Sonya survived Alm's initial attack there. Even if it's infernal, Sonya's 18 DEF is pitiful so the fact that she had any HP let alone 3 was pretty crazy. You don't see Arden every day either. Was nice seeing him as a part of the cleanup crew after the mess Sonya made of Alm. Nice antics using Arden to warp and Leon to wall off the enemy on the left side. The healer on this map is particularly annoying and you did a good job utilizing her to your advantage. One day I hope you give that Leon some merges. He'd be such a beast at +10, especially with DF.

@mcsilas I feel bad that you mentioned your clear but it was one of the only two I missed. I only watched the new version (wanted to see that Saber vs Alm fight) and I wasn't disappointed, yet another surprise here. Seeing Saber not only tank Lunar Flash but survive a double from Alm of all things and tank a mage right after was nuts. Particularly considering he wasn't even at full health to begin with. I thought you were nuts putting Kliff in front of that axe flier as well, but Celica swooped in to save him and then he proceeds to wall off the map at 5 HP basically for the rest of the entire clear. Saber works unhindered until Celica casually finishes off the pitiful cav that was stuck in one spot the entire time. It actually made me want a Kliff. Nice work!

On 8/12/2019 at 11:06 AM, Zeo said:

Pass being useful in any form is impressive, but the fact that it was a key to this clear is really something else. 100% kill on Alm was incredibly satisfying. DEF Smoke is a rarely seen skill in my experience but it really worked it's magic here.

DEF smoke came with Panne, so it's not as rare anymore. I'm running it on Roy in AR very successfully and together with SPD smoke it's a great tool to get Abyssal bloated stuff killed. 

Btw: I always appreciate your comments, but don't feel forced to watch these old videos when posting a new clear. ; -)

Eliwood and L!Azura bring out the best in Matt, but Ninian comes along from the ride for some rare warp dancing and a crucial kill. Check it out, it may be late, but it's worth the watch. Hardest LHB I've ever dealt with on the new level of power.

Oh wow, what a duel with the best Archer! Really great. Alm brought OP skills and stats, but Matthew had the better support. 

After the furious start, I liked the beaming refreshers. 

As a bonus, Serra returns for another LHB! There's less to say here. It's an infernal clear and she and Fae clean house. It was a bit difficult at first but after I stopped trying to avoid WTD and just let Fae tank the reds everything fell into place. Like Matt, Serra needed enough speed to survive Alm, then once again, it was gravy. Enjoy the vampire antics.

I don't think Serra needs a warm-up to feel like the star of the show. Taking out Alm with a 100% kill was classy. Also Fae contributed, but only but taking on reds. 

Congrats to your newest clears!

On 8/12/2019 at 4:06 AM, Zeo said:

@Landmaster I wasn't expecting a clear like that at all. I had very specific expectations when I saw your team lineup but what I got was a clear that would make even Morgan tip his hat off to your strategy. I was expecting a steamroll when I saw OP Dragons + Vantage Kaden but Alm's army took a serious chunk out of your team right off the bat without him even lifting a finger. It had me nervous when your L!Tiki got knocked down to 1HP, only for it to happen to two other units as well. What followed was a crazy montage of warping. The surprise kill on Alm was great but the warp smiting from Tiki to get Myrrh into position was just epic. I've never seen anything like that, actually. Which is something I haven't been able to say in a long time.

Yeah so, I wasn't around when this guy first came so this map was entirely new to me and like I said in my previous post (a mod can delete that so I'm not double posting) I've never faced a challenge quite like this one. I was unable to beat Hrid Abyssal and didn't try Lucina Abyssal but those were different times. Since then my Matt has achieved a new level of power and I never thought I'd face a challenge quite like this one. Alm's map is on a completely different level from the other ones for my teams in particular. It's as if the design of the map itself is a big middle finger to Matt and how he operates. A unit that's all but impossible to double and can chop through huge defenses like butter, a Panic+ mage of all things with Dazzling Staff to completely negate buffs and a red TA Raven mage just because screw you.

Alm himself requires too much setup to kill and with those high level threats near him I was unable to set up a kill or even dance around Alm like most of the other people here did in their clears. The only way to win was for Alm to die right away, which meant Matt needed to face him immediately and not die. Since I didn't have Dull Ranged available, some serious speed stacking and debuffing and a B skill I haven't used since... I think Lyon's GHB (That's GHB #2, think about that) was needed to make this a reality. It produced a result that at the beginning I didn't even think was possible, after that... everything pretty much went as you'd expect it to. Unlike Alex's Erika though, Matt's team actually had to chip in and help. Not that he minds it, as long as he can concentrate on the fight in front of him. I'm really proud of this one.

L!Eliwood and L!Azura bring out the best in Matt, but Ninian comes along from the ride for some rare warp dancing and a crucial kill. Check it out, it may be late, but it's worth the watch. Hardest LHB I've ever dealt with on the new level of power.

I did last minute recording over the weekend before I had to go back to work. So I have a few more clears that need to go up and they probably will in a day or so, so look forward to that.

Cheers~

Glad you enjoyed! I wasn't expecting the Warpfest to work out, but I'd glad it somehow did~ There were a few things here and there I could have done had it not worked out here but I'm just happy we somehow got everything to go in our favor when it needed to~

So you managed to beat it! Lets see how it went~

Tanking Alm right upfront is insane. Even more crazy is that he not only lived but didn’t get doubled. It was pretty nice to see Eliwood and Ninian participate in the fight as well. But those numbers on Matt were crazy. Hitting some of these guys for 60 and 70 damage is totally wild~ It was a bit scary when he wandered off to the top half by his lonesome but Ninian thankfully was able to warp to safety~ It’s an easy clean up after that~ Really awesome how easy everything fell into place after getting rid of Alm right away.

It’s a Serra clear but Fae eating reds as easily as she was is kinda crazy. As crazy as seeing Azura actually kill things. But back to Serra, no need to worry about how to live Alm when she can just use Miracle and then Vampire herself and the team back up to normal. She really makes good use of that Staff when most would prefer Pain, it's nice to see it shown off

Edited by Landmaster

On 8/13/2019 at 3:37 AM, Zeo said:

I feel bad that you mentioned your clear but it was one of the only two I missed. I only watched the new version (wanted to see that Saber vs Alm fight) and I wasn't disappointed, yet another surprise here. Seeing Saber not only tank Lunar Flash but survive a double from Alm of all things and tank a mage right after was nuts. Particularly considering he wasn't even at full health to begin with. I thought you were nuts putting Kliff in front of that axe flier as well, but Celica swooped in to save him and then he proceeds to wall off the map at 5 HP basically for the rest of the entire clear. Saber works unhindered until Celica casually finishes off the pitiful cav that was stuck in one spot the entire time. It actually made me want a Kliff. Nice work!

Ah no worries, these threads have multiple clears that can be time consuming to watch all. But yeah was really proud of Saber and how far he came from being just the bad pitybreaker. Kliff was super bulky and is good with Brazens, I should use him more though, I forgot he existed for a while since he's not a big nuke like Ophea/F!Delthea. Still pretty fun to use though with Saggitae.