Who's HYPED for FE Three houses?

Dinar87

Who's HYPED for FE Three houses?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Hype-ometer...

• I'd literally kill to play this game now!!
    • Looks pretty good
    • Meh
    • Worried but it could still be good
    • 0/10 IGN looks worse than fates

Seeing as a fire emblem three houses has gotten some new info, I'm wondering how excited everyone is currently for the game, since I know fe fans as a whole were very cautiously optimistic before. Has it changed since then, or is it the same? What's on your mind about the game?

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the FE expo next week, as we could potentially get a brand new trailer then!

Any thoughts? =)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the game I'm looking forward to the most. I'm more interested in it than when I used to wait for Fates or Echoes so I'd say I'm pretty damn hyped.

Edited by Hekselka

3 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

It's the game I'm looking forward to the most. I'm more interested it than when I used to wait for Fates or Echoes so I'd say I'm pretty damn hyped.

Nice! What about it appeals to you the most would you say?

1 minute ago, Dinar87 said:

Nice! What about it appeals to you the most would you say?

Well I really like it when IS tries new things. It's why for all of its faults FE4 and FE10 are my favorite FE games.

In the case of 3H we have an art style that looks nowhere close to anything we've seen before, a game that expects us to play around with classes and even weapons for our units (the whole teacher aspect) and a fairly interesting story setup. I also have high hopes for the world building from the game since they actually bothered giving us some stuff in the last trailer unlike Fates. Oh, and of course our role as teacher is unique as well.

3 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Well I really like it when IS tries new things. It's why for all of its faults FE4 and FE10 are my favorite FE games.

In the case of 3H we have an art style that looks nowhere close to anything we've seen before, a game that expects us to play around with classes and even weapons for our units (the whole teacher aspect) and a fairly interesting story setup. I also have high hopes for the world building from the game since they actually bothered giving us some stuff in the last trailer unlike Fates. Oh, and of course our role as teacher is unique as well.

Yeah I fully agree. This game looks very ambitious and going all in on its new ideas, which I'm excited about! Plus, tons of old stuff like combat arts, weapon durablity, certain unit classes, etc... are coming back too!

Still a bit sceptical. Amongst other things, I hope that the story goes beyond the standard male paragon saving the day, because this series really needs male lord units that can back off and let my proverbial Minako shine. At least the world building seems to be heading towards the direction of Elibe if not Jugdral and Tellius, instead of Fateslandia and Ylisse.

Edited by henrymidfields

Hm..I don't really know how do I feel about this game.

On the first hand, I like the ''class-freedom'' that it gives, it's art style, weapons and protagonists (I would like to change MU clothes, though)

On the other hand, I feel like this going to be unbalanced as fu-. I mean, 0 Tier + Reclass (1 Tier) + Any-Weapon + 2 Tier + Everything else = Broken Units.

I'm probably going to buy it, play it and like it, but I don't see any hype coming from me right now. However, there is going to be no hate from me, because it looks really good aside from these  minors stupid balance problems that I pointed out.

Super excited! I just recently beat Tear Ring Saga (the secret AMAZING Fire Emblem game) after making my 5 year trot through every single Fire Emblem game. I'm waiting on this and the translation for Berwick Saga now. Super hyped for both. 

Although I am very worried about this game still. I think the class training system seems cool as all hell, and I am also very excited to see how they treat the House system. I really hope it isn't another Fates "Choose your side and then play the game 3 different times" type of thing. I'd rather have a more developed single storyline. Also not stoked about another avatar protagonist, but I can deal with that :) Also I swear to the heavens, if they have more child characters IN A SCHOOL BUILDING I will eat my own arm off. Super pumped though!

Edited by KevinskyHaaz

Actually I may have to take everything I just said back, as a certain government agency (FBI) is hunting me down now...oh no. 

WHAT IS THIS!?
QMyPrlT.png

Nah just kidding, still excited for the game though!

Edited by Dinar87

It's certainly bolstered my interest in Fire Emblem games. We had a loooong two years of crossovers recently and it left me feeling very burnt out on this series. As we speak I'm playing one of the Kaga games for crying out loud. That hasn't happened since Fire Emblem 3DS was confirmed to be arriving outside of Japan. And unlike that brief sojourn in FE4, I will likely finish this playthrough of FE1. I've also finally replayed FE7 on Hector Mode this year because that's been on my to do list. Btw playing Fire Emblem on the Switch rocks. From the television to the toilet, such freedom of play.

Edited by Glennstavos

Not necessarily hyped, but cautiously interested. The art’s kinda....there, and I don’t have high hopes for the story. I have a feeling it’ll be better than Fateswaking (world building’s already better) but also nothing super special. Gameplay looks really interesting though, and I’ll be cool with the cast of characters as long as most of them are not walking character tropes that never left the paper.

I'm excited at the prospect of it being a new FE game, but kind of skeptical on how it's going to be. I'd probably have to wait for more info to really give my opinion.

Then again, I'm also probably terrifed of the prospect of being a school teacher.

Edited by lethologicaaaaa

It's a new Fire Emblem, so I'm suitably hyped. There are aspects I'm eagerly anticipating, those I'm optimistic about, and those I'm apprehensive of, and really the game could still fall anywhere between "favorite Fire Emblem" and "okay," but I'm excited.

Things I'm eagerly anticipating: 3D exploration; actual world-building; RPG-like mechanics; tome-less magic and combat arts; high replay value with the customizable class system and route splits.

Things I'm optimistic about: the art style (once we see more non-uniform costumes); a successful marrying of good gameplay and compelling story; the potential for a well-done route split after Fates' misstep; deeper SoV-style character interactions, supports that aren't shoehorned into marriage with eugenics children. 

Things I'm apprehensive of: the schooling mechanics and potential tedium; the route split having deleterious effects on either gameplay or story; the story not living up to the world-building we've seen; unrevealed Camillas; unrevealed marriage/children. 

If this game can successfully capture the deeper immersion of SoV's 3D exploration, with quality map and gameplay design, and a half-decent story to bring it all together — preferably with some inter-country politicking — it really could be my favorite Fire Emblem. But I'm trying to temper my excitement a bit, knowing the quality of Fates' trailers and intrigue of its conceit versus the final product. 

Totally hyped, like I am everytime a new FE releases ! Can't wait to have my hands on it, and I'm definitely buying a switch for it day one.

Of course I have some worries about it, but they don't undermine my hype ! I'm listening at the released OST songs to hype my ears too. :D

Let me get married please.

Something I dislike is how many students have matching eye/hair color. So damn lazy... Otherwise I am pretty excited for the game.

I'm definitely looking forward to 3H. While I'm still new to the franchise, having only played Birthright and half of Echoes, I'm interested in seeing how different the series is on consoles. My only worry is with the lack of Phoenix Mode though I'm hoping its exclusion means Normal is balanced enough that people who enjoyed/played through Fates with Phoenix Mode enabled will still be able to enjoy the game on Normal Casual.